Pokémon Emerald Chaos Mode?!

CrystalPoke

Choose your starter!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter will you choose?

• Zubat (Grass/Dragon) Outstanding HP and SpAtk, and starts with Speed Boost, but loses it when evolving.
    • Gastly (Fire) Insane HP, Atk and Def, but low elsewhere. Has good abilities.
    • Oddish (Water/Dark) Balanced, and has amazing abilities, but both Bellossom and Vileplume are not good, so he won't shine in late-game.

Tbh, I don't know if this should go here or at the Pokémon subforum. I think it works either way, but if I'm wrong, pls tell.

BRIEF INTRO

So, some of you may know about Fire Emblem 7 Chaos Mode, a hack created by Klokinator fun fact, Klokinator's birthday was yesterday, which randomizes stats, weapons and growths, among other things. So, I played it some weeks ago, and I thought: ''Hey, I wonder how cool would it be if there was a Pokémon Chaos Mode!'' And since no one had the idea, I decided to do it myself. So, I started working on this some days ago, and since the last time I touched a hacking tool was MONTHS ago, I had to catch up and re-read some stuff, re-download some tools, etc... However, I think that this will be amazing when I complete it (and if I get my lazy ass to)

SO, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

This is a HackROM for Pokémon Emerald that randomizes a lot of stuff, including stats, ability and typing of a Pokémon, items scattered around the game, in-game trades, and a shitton of things that you'll discover as you play. The difficulty of the game has been GREATLY increased. This means that gym leaders, rivals (May/Brendan and Wally), the Elite Four, the admins of Team Aqua and Magma (Matt, Shelly and Tabitha. It seems you don't fight with Courtney in this game. Oh well.) and Archie and Maxie themselves, ALL of them, will have their AI and levels increased, and some of them will even have Full Restores when they are not supposed to. A lot of them will also have a smart choice of movesets according to their level, so they won't be stuck with 4 default attacks. No sir.

There'll also be changes in move tutors, some dialogues, and some mechanics, among other things that I'll write below when I remember them!

FEATURES!

So, to avoid people who say ''yo bro for your information randomizers exist, stop doing this'' please READ this. Also note this section is subject to changes.

[spoiler=Features]

Green = Already done.

Gold = Working on it!

Red = Not yet implemented, and either not sure/too hard to implement.

• Characteristics of every single Pokémon will be random. (Stats, typing, abilities and movepool. Note that their stats will be changed, but their base total will remain the same, so they'll be distributed, leading to crazy things such as a slow Gengar! And yes, that crazy thing is in the hack. Oh boy.)
  • Physical/Special split, like in 4 Gen games!
  • The Pokémon you can encounter in every route are also randomized, as you can expect. Static and event Pokémon, such as the fossils or the legendaries, too!
  • You can run indoors! Finally!
  • Move tutors have been changed: They teach more useful movements, (most of them being of utility and not offensive) and EVERY Pokémon can learn them, which makes every Pokémon usable! Bad part is that they only teach it once.
  • The starters will also form the Grass-Fire-Water triangle. Obviously, they're not Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip anymore!
  • You receive the National Pokédex along with the normal one. You'll also receive 5 extra Pokéballs and 5 extra Potions!
  • All important battles have been buffed. Generic trainers too, but in the final version, maybe.
  • Trainers have their Pokémon randomized, except gym leaders and the Elite Four, which I'll change as I please.
  • Shinies will be more frequent, meaning that you won't have to spend your entire life to find one!
  • Speaking of gym leaders and Elite Four, they'll be REVERSED. Which means that Roxanne will change her spot with Drake, Brawly with Glacia, and so on. Of course, their levels will be corrected, so you don't have to fight against a Level 55 Drake!
  • A bunch of hidden, side-battles that usually give a good reward.
  • New trainer sprites and cameos.
  • The access to the daycare will be blocked, so you can't breeze the game by leveling a Pokémon at the daycare. That means no breeding as well, but would you need it?
  • Change to some dialogues.
  • The Pokédex entry of a Pokémon will display a rating of it, like in FE7CM! Of course, that means changing like 365 entries, so It'll take some time.
  • That ''hey, champion in the making!'' guy will give you a Fresh Water in every gym, like in Gen 5 games!
  • All of the music will be replaced by HG/SS music!
  • I'll do something to prevent HM Slaves.
  • Some graphics will be changed.

SCREENIES!

[spoiler=Screenies]

0vgloAM.pngttVSfYM.pngUyoDKCn.pngIcBBJVe.png

JbkSHAf.png8mX7Huy.png

p2Q9RXm.pngPAlMtjs.png

wjtcIKN.pnghCSVAHV.png

DOWNLOADS!

Not quite yet. The first version will be released once I finish all the trainers and I change some dialogues. But it will come soon, I promise!

OTHER THINGS!

I don't know what to write here yet! Oh yeah, I regret losing that Jolly Gastly, because that's the best nature he can possibly get (edit: his best nature is actually Adamant), and I got it in the first try. IN A TEST RUN. WHY.

HAVE FUN! ~

Edited by CrystalPoke

Tbh, I don't know if this should go here or at the Pokémon subforum. I think it works either way, but if I'm wrong, pls tell.

BRIEF INTRO

So, some of you may know about Fire Emblem 7 Chaos Mode, a hack created by Klokinator fun fact, Klokinator's birthday was yesterday, which randomizes stats, weapons and growths, among other things. So, I played it some weeks ago, and I thought: ''Hey, I wonder how cool would it be if there was a Pokémon Chaos Mode!'' And since no one had the idea, I decided to do it myself. So, I started working on this some days ago, and since the last time I touched a hacking tool was MONTHS ago, I had to catch up and re-read some stuff, re-download some tools, etc... However, I think that this will be amazing when I complete it (and if I get my lazy ass to)

SO, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

This is a HackROM for Pokémon Emerald that randomizes a lot of stuff, including stats, ability and typing of a Pokémon, items scattered around the game, in-game trades, and a shitton of things that you'll discover as you play. The difficulty of the game has been GREATLY increased. This means that gym leaders, rivals (May/Brendan and Wally), the Elite Four, the admins of Team Aqua and Magma (Matt, Shelly and Tabitha. It seems you don't fight with Courtney in this game. Oh well.) and Archie and Maxie themselves, ALL of them, will have their AI and levels increased, and some of them will even have Full Restores when they are not supposed to. A lot of them will also have a smart choice of movesets according to their level, so they won't be stuck with 4 default attacks. No sir.

There'll also be changes in move tutors, some dialogues, and some mechanics, among other things that I'll write below when I remember them!

FEATURES!

[spoiler=Features]

Green = Already done.

Gold = Working on it!

Red = Not yet implemented, and some of these are hard to do/I'm not sure about it, so don't expect anything in red for a long time.

• Characteristics of every single Pokémon will be random. (Stats, typing, abilities and movepool. Note that their stats will be changed, but their base total will remain the same, so they'll be distributed, leading to crazy things such as a slow Gengar! And yes, that crazy thing is in the hack. Oh boy.)
  • Physical/Special split, like in 4 Gen games!
  • The Pokémon you can encounter in every route are also randomized, as you can expect. Static and event Pokémon, such as the fossils or the legendaries, too!
  • You can run indoors! Finally!
  • Move tutors have been changed: They teach more useful movements, (most of them being of utility and not offensive) and EVERY Pokémon can learn them, which makes every Pokémon usable! Bad part is that they only teach it once.
  • The starters will also form the Grass-Fire-Water triangle. Obviously, they're not Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip anymore!
  • You receive the National Pokédex along with the normal one. You'll also receive 5 extra Pokéballs and 5 extra Potions!
  • All important battles have been buffed, but not the generic trainers, because I'm 2 lazy.
  • Trainers have their Pokémon randomized, except gym leaders and the Elite Four, which I'll change as I please.
  • Shinies will be more frequent, meaning that you won't have to spend your entire life to find one!
  • Speaking of gym leaders and Elite Four, they'll be REVERSED. Which means that Roxanne will change her spot with Drake, Brawly with Glacia, and so one. Of course, their levels will be corrected, so you don't have to fight against a Level 55 Drake!
  • The access to the daycare will be blocked, so you can't breeze the game by leveling a Pokémon at the daycare. That means no breeding as well, but why you would need it?
  • Change to some dialogues.
  • The Pokédex entry of a Pokémon will display a rating of it, like in FE7CM! Of course, that means changing like 365 entries, so It'll take some time.
  • That ''hey, champion in the making!'' guy will give you a Fresh Water in every gym, like in Gen 5 games!
  • All of the music will be replaced by HG/SS music!
  • I'll do something to prevent HM Slaves.
  • Some graphics will be changed.

SCREENIES!

[spoiler=Screenies]

0vgloAM.pngttVSfYM.pngUyoDKCn.pngIcBBJVe.png

JbkSHAf.png8mX7Huy.png

p2Q9RXm.pngPAlMtjs.png

wjtcIKN.pnghCSVAHV.png

DOWNLOADS!

Not quite yet. The first version will be released once I finish all the trainers and I change some dialogues. But it will come soon, I promise!

OTHER THINGS!

I don't know what to write here yet! Oh yeah, I regret losing that Jolly Gastly, because that's the best nature he can possibly get, and I got it in the first try. IN A TEST RUN. WHY.

HAVE FUN! ~

Starting a Nuzlocke on release date

Aside from that ​clearly breaking news report, this seems pretty cool, but It'll be 0/10 unless you make 100% of Charizard's shiny.

Edited by Allister Williams

Starting a Nuzlocke on release date

Aside from that ​clearly breaking news report, this seems pretty cool, but It'll be 0/10 unless you make 100% of Charizard's shiny.

You shouldn't have quoted my post, it occupies my entire damn screen LOL (not literally)

Yeah, only alpha males dare to Nuzlocke this! I wonder if anyone else is manly enough to do it!

And I'm not sure what you mean about making 100% of that, but sure :P

And I'm not sure what you mean about making 100% of that, but sure :P

What I meant was "Change the palettes of Charizard"

Don't actually do it, but reverse the palettes of Charizard so he always looks Shiny to the player.

Would make the game funnier as everyone who sees a Charizard flip their shit ("OMFG, I JUST FOUND A SHINY CHARIZARD"), but anyone who played it would be over shiny pokemon as a whole lmao

FYI, Lots of randomizers already exist. There was one in particular that allowed you to heavily randomize pokemon, but also changed their pallets to give you typing clues.

It can be found here:

http://artemis251.fobby.net/downloads/emerald/

Heres one that works for EVERY pokemon game up to BW2 (and allows you to copy a string of text that gives you the same hack):

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Edited by sirmola

FYI, Lots of randomizers already exist. There was one in particular that allowed you to heavily randomize pokemon, but also changed their pallets to give you typing clues.

It can be found here:

http://artemis251.fobby.net/downloads/emerald/

Heres one that works for EVERY pokemon game up to BW2 (and allows you to copy a string of text that gives you the same hack):

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

I'm starting to wonder if you did read my thread. Okay, so let's go part by part:

1. Yeah I know randomizers exist, how do you think I'm going to randomize the Pokés of the generic trainers? Manually? I'm using Universal Randomizer.
  2. As far to my knowledge goes, no randomizer allows you to reverse gym leaders, buff their levels and AI, set them smart movesets, and among other things I'm doing, that I won't spoil. If it exists, welp, that means someone already had that idea! This hack is going to be ambicious. For the final versions, when I'm done with the trainers and Dex entries, I'll focus on changing other details, like a lot of dialogue, graphics and music. IF I get myself to.
  3. Okay, this list is useless since there are only 2 points to discuss. Lol.

I know reading is tedious, especially when I like to be completionist with screens, features and bla bla... but it only takes you 5 minutes of your time, at best :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 3:38 AM, MagicBall said:

Seems interesting...  Simply awaiting release.

Oh yeah, I forgot this existed lol

I'm afraid this project is dead, for the moment. I'll probably start working on it eventually. When I have some spare time, probably.