They're Making an Anime of Brexit

I feel like the shopped picture that shows before you play the video should have Shinji with an english flag over his face because he rejects the whole whatever was going to happen in End of Evangelion, which is kind of like Britain leaving the EU.

aw man i actually thought there was gonna be a generic gundam anime based on the brexit, thatd be great

Don't know how you got that idea from the video. Eva isn't really all that gundam like. Shinji's a little amuro'ish but I think that's about where the resemblance ends.

Don't know how you got that idea from the video. Eva isn't really all that gundam like. Shinji's a little amuro'ish but I think that's about where the resemblance ends.

is that purple thing at the beginning not a gundam helmet? also the hangar and space environment, i just assumed it was a gundam show

is that purple thing at the beginning not a gundam helmet? also the hangar and space environment, i just assumed it was a gundam show

Eva is more like a "super robot" show. A vast majority of the fights are against large alien monsters, and it turns out the mechs the characters in are really monsters too. I guess there are transhumanist themes which is also a thing in gundam. But there's this whole mystical/freudian philosphy thing going on in Evangelion which isn't really as big a thing in Gundam. Instead of humans dropping colonies and waging wars, the show's basic plot is, an alien invades tokyo and tries to break into a sealed area to unify with the godhead and bring armageddon, and humans have to stop it. It's kind of like that, anyway.

But I mean giant robots and reluctant shonen protag, so ya, gundam.

Edited by PP UP