Birthright!Hard is easier than Conquest!Normal?!?

DragonFlames

Basically what it says in the title. I just cleared Chapter 11, and it was quite hard, but I feel that overall, Birthright!Hard is a tad easier than Conquest!Normal. I had to reset once for the first time during Chapter 11, due to an unlucky miss from Oboro, whereas I had to reset at least three times overall in Conquest.

I have waited until I had finished all three paths on Normal/Casual, because I wanted to enjoy the story first until I tried hard, so maybe I've just gotten better at the game, but maybe my hypothesis really is right.

What do you guys think? Do you believe so as well? Or is there anything to Birthright!Hard that I am not seeing yet?

I'm doing a no-grind run on Classic, by the way.

And another thing: I'm scared of even trying Conquest!Hard, let alone Lunatic after thinking this. Conquest!Normal was bad enough already and I really don't want to have to rely on the Royals, which I fear I will have to, though.

At least I got through Revelations without ever using a single one of them.

Conquest's first real hump is Chapter 10. Birthright doesn't have that sort of nonsense until Chapter 22/23 (depends on who you ask). You're also comparing a blind run of Conquest to a run of Birthright where you generally know what to expect, albeit on a higher difficulty. From a straight comparison standpoint, I'd say they're about equal (and I've played both).

Conquest's first real hump is Chapter 10. Birthright doesn't have that sort of nonsense until Chapter 22/23 (depends on who you ask). You're also comparing a blind run of Conquest to a run of Birthright where you generally know what to expect, albeit on a higher difficulty. From a straight comparison standpoint, I'd say they're about equal (and I've played both).

Thanks for your input, and you're right, but I had forgotten to mention that I grinded (ground?) a little on my first Birthright run to get the supports up faster, so my units were stronger overall up to this point.

This time, I'm doing a no-grind run, so there will be none of that (I'm doing the challenges between chapters, but that's about it.)

Chapter 23 was the one were you fight Camilla, I think? What makes it difficult on Hard, compared to Normal?

Thanks for your input, and you're right, but I had forgotten to mention that I grinded (ground?) a little on my first Birthright run to get the supports up faster, so my units were stronger overall up to this point.

This time, I'm doing a no-grind run, so there will be none of that (I'm doing the challenges between chapters, but that's about it.)

Chapter 23 was the one were you fight Camilla, I think? What makes it difficult on Hard, compared to Normal?

I think it's more to do with the fact that chapter 23 is where BR stops with all the unpromoted bullcrap and takes the gloves off.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia