The chosen hero arrives!

Sétanta

Hello there,

i'm Sétanta, although i also go by Takamaru elsewhere. While i only started posting recently, i'm far from being new to Fire Emblem or Serenes Forest, having spent most of my time here as a silent lurker. Like many, i discovered our beloved game series through Super Smash Bros.. In Brawl, i really liked Ike due to his simple fighting style using brute force. Ike stronk, therefore Ike good. Marth's style was more sublime like actual fencing, but pretty cool, too, yet my lack of patience and dwindling interest prevented me from figuring out how to actually inflict damage and win a fight with his sword-dancing. The only thing i knew about these two were that they were from Fire Emblem, which seemed like a Japanese variant of Dungeons & Dragons, but as video game. Years passed, and it wasn't until SSB4 that i met them again, together with Robin and Lucina. While i had some fun piecing the lore of the games together from the tidbits mentioned in the trophy descriptions, what ultimately won me over was the fact that Robin could shoot lasers and had a beautiful red alternate costume as a female. Shortly after, i got myself a copy of Awakening and was promptly disappointed that the gorgeous red hair and costume were nowhere to be found during character creation, while the lack of feet was the second thing that caught my eye. But everything else was great. The gameplay felt like a mix of virtualized board games, like Nobunaga's Ambition and Arthurian fantasy lore, but with a lovely, personal touch in the form of character emphasis. And after i passed the trials of the newbie, such as comprehending how swords and axes run out of ammo and experiencing the bittersweet perma-death as direct consequence of my pride, i grew really fond of it. As you might know from my taste in Smash Bros. characters i am really bad at fighting games, to the point i fear for my fingers with anything similar to Tekken, Smash being my sole exception. Awakenings nice battle scenes and the classic top-down gameplay were like the best of both worlds to me.

From that day on, i was hooked and now regularly read up on the games mechanics and previous installments, to the point of knowing most of the plot, characters, classes, weapons and settings of the fourteen games while having played only three myself. I was of course really hyped when Fates was announced, and playing the game for over a month now, it did not disappoint me. All those new features like the skill exchange and the revamped PvP make connecting with other players a necessity, and thus here i am.

And while i still lurk much, i don't post often because most of the time somebody else already said what i would add to the topic. But i hope i'll be more active here soon, and eagerly anticipate all the trashtalk, waifu wars and constructive discussion that may come of it. Pardon me as well for quoting Odin Dank as the fourth noob in a row, and if you are of the old guard of elitists, please replace every mention of Awakening with Gaiden.

Have a nice day and thank you for reading,

Sétanta

Edited by Sétanta

Yeah, it's a shame you can't give yourself bright red hair and coat in Awakening legitimately. Otherwise, I'd totally select those options every time XD

Konnichiwa, Ciao, Aloha, etc. Welcome to the forest and enjoy your time here! ...For real!

Welcome to the Forest, Sétanta!

Have a nice day and thank you for reading

Thank you, you're welcome, have a nice day too and enjoy your stay!

Hey there Sétanta, glad that you're here as well!

Shortly after, i got myself a copy of Awakening and was promptly disappointed that the gorgeous red hair and costume were nowhere to be found during character creation, while the lack of feet was the second thing that caught my eye. But everything else was great.

That line cracked me up good... :XD:

Have a nice stay here at these forums!

Well, welcome to Serenes Forest!

Thank you!

welcome to the forest mr. ulster cycle

The name Ulster made it into FE4, my successor Finn made it into FE4 and even Gáe Bolg made it into FE4. How is a man supposed to feel if even his lance makes it into a game without a trace of himself?

Yeah, it's a shame you can't give yourself bright red hair and coat in Awakening legitimately. Otherwise, I'd totally select those options every time XD

Konnichiwa, Ciao, Aloha, etc. Welcome to the forest and enjoy your time here! ...For real!

The true shame is that these can't even be hacked in, as far as i know. But thank you for the warm welcome.

Hello and welcome to the forums

Thank you, too!

Welcome to the Forest. Enjoy your stay, but don't go throwing Gae Bolg, please. I don't think we have many surgeons here.

Gaé Bolg - the DIY Excalibur!

Hey there, Sétanta.

You spoiled yourself on all 14 games?

Impressive.

Pathetic Achievement unlocked, yay!

Welcome to the Forest, Sétanta!

Many thanksies!

Hey there Sétanta, glad that you're here as well!

Your signature banner showing Ryoma commiting sudoku harakiri is truly gut-wrenching. Thank you for reminding me of this delightfully disgusting moment that probably will haunt me for the rest of my days ;)

Edited by Sétanta

The true shame is that these can't even be hacked in, as far as i know.

I saw someone post a pic on Miiverse with their bright red hair. And before anyone says it was Roy or Eliwood, it was a female and didn't have the "special glow" around them.

You can do just about anything with hacking, I think.

The name Ulster made it into FE4, my successor Finn made it into FE4 and even Gáe Bolg made it into FE4. How is a man supposed to feel if even his lance makes it into a game without a trace of himself?

it's like they completely forgot about it

and now they've moved on to pulling names from gylfaginning instead (hello ginnungagap??????)