Birthright - passing skills to children

Hi there

I need some advices about these pairings:

• Midori (SetsunaXKaze - I think I'll go for the Miracle Midori any skills that I should pass?)
  • Shigure (AzuraXTakumi)
  • Kisaragi (AzuraXTakumi)
  • Dwyer (FeliciaXJakob)
  • Shiro (KageroXRyoma)
  • Selkie (OboroXKaden)
  • Mitama (RinkahXAzama)

So what's the best skills to pass on them?

I actually did most of these pairings and:

I passed downed Seal Defense to Selkie which I found really helpful for her. I want to say I either passed down Poison Strike or Lethality to Shiro, Poison Strike is better.

That is arguable. If a unit has quixotic, hoshidan unity, skilltaker, lethality in a skill heavy class... Stuff goes down...

That is arguable. If a unit has quixotic, hoshidan unity, skilltaker, lethality in a skill heavy class... Stuff goes down...

Wasting three skill slots just to make Lethality activate only about a third of the time isn't a good use of skill slots, if you ask me...Especially when I can kill more reliably without needing to have most of my skill slots revolving around one skill.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Wasting three skill slots just to make Lethality activate only about a third of the time isn't a good use of skill slots, if you ask me...Especially when I can kill more reliably without needing to have most of my skill slots revolving around one skill.

I do see your point and I do not exactly like lethality myself but if the proc rate is that high and you only need to do 1 point of damage to trigger it, you can kill most things in your path with ease. I know there are much better skill sets and I personally prefer not to use it but when this works, it works well.

EDIT- Lethality is literally an instant kill so its undeniably powerful.

Edited by Chromagna

I do see your point and I do not exactly like lethality myself but if the proc rate is that high and you only need to do 1 point of damage to trigger it, you can kill most things in your path with ease. I know there are much better skill sets and I personally prefer not to use it but when this works, it works well.

EDIT- Lethality is literally an instant kill so its undeniably powerful.

I still think it's not worth it since it's just not reliable enough, especially compared to Luna + Death Blow, etc. Also, instant kills tend to fall victim to this trope, and Lethality is no exception.

I still think it's not worth it since it's just not reliable enough, especially compared to Luna + Death Blow, etc. Also, instant kills tend to fall victim to this trope, and Lethality is no exception.

Or just use galeforce, spendthrift, life and death with any decent damaging proc. Again, I know other builds are more useful and more practical. Lethality though, still is 'useful'. The only problem with it is proc rate. You use 2 skills to mostly guarantee a kill with that build and this uses 3 to guarantee it. I am not suggesting it is the pinnacle of all builds but that it is useful. If lethality procs, all other procs are moot.

Or just use galeforce, spendthrift, life and death with any decent damaging proc. Again, I know other builds are more useful and more practical. Lethality though, still is 'useful'. The only problem with it is proc rate. You use 2 skills to mostly guarantee a kill with that build and this uses 3 to guarantee it. I am not suggesting it is the pinnacle of all builds but that it is useful. If lethality procs, all other procs are moot.

That depends on your standard of "useful". By my standards, Lethality is not useful because I have to devote most of my skill slots to it to get any real mileage out of it, thanks to its activation rate, and one of those slots has to go to a double-edged sword (Quixotic). And even with all that setup, it only kicks in about 1/3 of the time - that's not something I'd want to rely on, especially when Quixotic can easily screw me over.

Wouldn't say that in Pvp when their units are built like tanks and can't kill or dmg well without sealing skills+Shuriken/Daggers, Poison Strike+Grisly Wound, or Vantage+Hoshidian Unity+Miracle+Lethality, Counter, Mag Counter. When all of these are all I mostly give to my characters in online play. Using Takumi for example should have this...

R2E1Yg.jpg

Having Bold Stance as it is good with his personnel skill. Pair him with a higher levelled unit and there you go! =) Take the Lethality. It is one of the best skills in the game!

Edited by PuffPuff

That depends on your standard of "useful". By my standards, Lethality is not useful because I have to devote most of my skill slots to it to get any real mileage out of it, thanks to its activation rate, and one of those slots has to go to a double-edged sword (Quixotic). And even with all that setup, it only kicks in about 1/3 of the time - that's not something I'd want to rely on, especially when Quixotic can easily screw me over.

Sure, quixotic is a double edged sword but if you talk about story than it doesn't really work against you much at all. If you are talking about pvp, tanky builds that you cannot do much damage to no matter the combo (depending on class etc), lethality instantly means you don't need to worry about them. Because pvp is all about killing your opponent in one turn, with brave weapons, this can give a 4x chance of it getting a proc. Not to mention one of the more viable builds in pvp with nohrian trust such as a josephine, works excellently with lethality.

Having Bold Stance as it is good with his personnel skill. Pair him with a higher levelled unit and there you go! =) Take the Lethality. It is one of the best skills in the game!

Because we all have bold stance don't we? xD

Wouldn't say that in Pvp when their units are built like tanks and can't kill or dmg well without sealing skills+Shuriken/Daggers, Poison Strike+Grisly Wound, or Vantage+Hoshidian Unity+Miracle+Lethality, Counter, Mag Counter. When all of these are all I mostly give to my characters in online play. Using Takumi for example should have this...

R2E1Yg.jpg

I think you're giving Bold Stance waaay more credit than it deserves - giving up a skill slot for a worse version of Awakening pair up sounds like a bum deal if you ask me. In addition, it's worth noting Bold Stance makes you give up the Dual Strike blocking effect of vanilla pair up - that's a tradeoff I wouldn't consider worth it. Also, the less I have to say about PvP, the better.

Sure, quixotic is a double edged sword but if you talk about story than it doesn't really work against you much at all. If you are talking about pvp, tanky builds that you cannot do much damage to no matter the combo (depending on class etc), lethality instantly means you don't need to worry about them. Because pvp is all about killing your opponent in one turn, with brave weapons, this can give a 4x chance of it getting a proc. Not to mention one of the more viable builds in pvp with nohrian trust such as a josephine, works excellently with lethality.

See above about PvP. And I still think Quixotic is about as useful for you as Counter was in Awakening - AKA, not at all. Also, with Quixotic being a level 15 skill, I wouldn't expect to see it until late in the game, if at all.

Hi there

I need some advices about these pairings:

• Midori (SetsunaXKaze - I think I'll go for the Miracle Midori any skills that I should pass?)
  • Shigure (AzuraXTakumi)
  • Kisaragi (AzuraXTakumi)
  • Dwyer (FeliciaXJakob)
  • Shiro (KageroXRyoma)
  • Selkie (OboroXKaden)
  • Mitama (RinkahXAzama)

So what's the best skills to pass on them?

Uhh guys, I think you're (probably) outdrifted.

What about the other children?

Uhh guys, I think you're (probably) outdrifted.

What about the other children?

Felicia is magic based and Dywer is a physical child so it is probably best to change this pairing. Selkie wants a speedy mother and Oboro is mainly going to give her defensive mods so she is better off with someone else. Asugi is best fit for speed and physical so it is tricky but Hana should do okay.

I think you're giving Bold Stance waaay more credit than it deserves - giving up a skill slot for a worse version of Awakening pair up sounds like a bum deal if you ask me. In addition, it's worth noting Bold Stance makes you give up the Dual Strike blocking effect of vanilla pair up - that's a tradeoff I wouldn't consider worth it. Also, the less I have to say about PvP, the better.

See above about PvP. And I still think Quixotic is about as useful for you as Counter was in Awakening - AKA, not at all. Also, with Quixotic being a level 15 skill, I wouldn't expect to see it until late in the game, if at all.

I was mainly talking about pvp but that doesn't mean its a write off. Counter was good for streetpass teams in awakening and quixotic works well in and out. Quixotic is not on the same line as counter and is more offensively based. Because within the main story, enemies tend not to have many procs and generally, each unit on your team is going to have a proc, it is a decent skill. My castles also allow really early access to this skill.

I was mainly talking about pvp but that doesn't mean its a write off. Counter was good for streetpass teams in awakening and quixotic works well in and out. Quixotic is not on the same line as counter and is more offensively based. Because within the main story, enemies tend not to have many procs and generally, each unit on your team is going to have a proc, it is a decent skill. My castles also allow really early access to this skill.

I don't consider PvP worth discussing, as I implied earlier - it's a royal mess. As for in story, I'd imagine that the boosted hit would help the enemy out more than the boosted proc rate would help me. And if the enemy gets more benefit overall than I do, I'd say that it's a terrible skill, so yeah, I consider it a write-off. Awakening streetpass was pretty much a train wreck, too.

I don't consider PvP worth discussing, as I implied earlier - it's a royal mess. As for in story, I'd imagine that the boosted hit would help the enemy out more than the boosted proc rate would help me. And if the enemy gets more benefit overall than I do, I'd say that it's a terrible skill, so yeah, I consider it a write-off. Awakening streetpass was pretty much a train wreck, too.

PvP is a mess but some of us are looking to fix it so its kinda just a one track mind thing for me right now. For story, not so much if you include galeforce. It allows you to either clear the area or retreat. Not to mention that you have multiple units and those units can all use replicate...

PvP is a mess but some of us are looking to fix it so its kinda just a one track mind thing for me right now. For story, not so much if you include galeforce. It allows you to either clear the area or retreat. Not to mention that you have multiple units and those units can all use replicate...

The issue I have with this is threefold: For one, Galeforce was noifed, and only works if the unit with it can kill while unsupported. Second, Galeforce is a level 35 skill, with the implications of being such (and at that, it's a DLC skill, meaning it can't be bought). Third, having to compound this with yet another skill I won't be seeing for a long while short of buying skills (Replicate).