The journey of Aether's Awesome Avengers! (Lunatic Birthright PMU)

Kingofsouls

Oh, right.

How about Basara from A+ with Hayato?

And so with salty tears of having to go without my beloved Kana the Endbringer, my team of sixteen is ready to take on the vile forces of Nohr...

Later tonight and/or tommorow.

What should I do about jumping into other classes for skills? Honestly I'm thinking it's okay to do that, just so long as I just jump back to the right class by the time we get to Krackenburg, but honestly I do not know.

And considering how limited troops are, all units until after 6 are free. Honestly it's gonna be rough until then

Edited by Kingofsouls

Alrighty, we have taken the plunge, and the run has started.

I'm going to give you guys a very brief rundown of how the chapters before the split went. All in all, as soon as I started chapter 2, I realized that maybe all units until chapter 6 is beaten should be free, as it was going to be a rough one.

Chapter 3 was not fun. it took me a while, but eventually charging behind the fort using the first dragon vein and the Aether-Gunter pair with Jakob backrow suportwas able two quell the hordes of Archers and sky Knights.

Chapter 4 had an interesting moment with Aether getting like two crits in a row, followed by back to back crits with Kaze and Aether. Other than infinite rage of Ryoma killstealing and eatingmy precious Xp, it was not a bad chapter after like three attempts.

Chapter 5 however...oh boy it was a rought one, not thanks to all of the mages. Thankfull Ninjas resist that, so everntually Kaze andRinkah the stat boosting backback was able to slay the mages. And Aether was cabale of tanking a Dragonslayer,so that helped too.

Chapter 6 was beaten with Ryoma taking down Leo, while everyone else huddled in teh souther west and took out the enemy there. Then it was Ryoma taking down Xander for the win.

And now here we are at chapter 7. the run can now properly start.

As for my own rules...well honestly this is for fun,to be a challenge. games are meant to be played your own way, but a line must be drawn between 'challenge' and 'taking away fun just for it to be hard'. That is why I am instating a new rule for me to follow: A Unit may go to any other class he or she can enter' but once that unit reaches 10 of their promoted class OR we are at the Hans battle they must enter their chosen class and stay there.

This is mostly for skills. Level 15 skills are usually the best ones, but just so my characters don't get to many 10 is the line in the sand.

Wish me luck.

Many thanks eclipse! And now, progress report!

Chapter 7

A Vow Upheld

THE TEAM: Ather, Rinkah, Sakura, Azura, Subaki

Pair Up Bots :KIaze, Jakob

Free Units: Hana

So, first thing we do is a quick Skirmish to get some more Xp. The result? A level 10 Aether and a C support with Kaze, who needs that A support so he can actually live past chapter 15 and thus unlock Midori. Shame he wasn't picked.

In any case, after that, we have enough Dragon Vein points to build the Rod Shop, the first used to build the armory, and with it we buy the only Heart Seal we can get until the first upgrade. I waste no time using it on Aether, shifting her to Fighter because as it is her endgame class, she needs to get out of E rank hell ASAP.

Plotwise, We make it to Fort Jinya, where we pick up the next member of The Team: Male Cordelia Subaki. Time is cut short as the Nohrian Inquizition arrives, in their snazzy red sprites, lead by Silas.

There is just one slight problem..

No locktouchers or keys.

Cursing to myself as the sweet alure of free stuff is now limited, we prepare for battle.

After losing Hana twice - even if shes really not important I do want to minimize casualties - we get a game plan. We pair up our forces with Aether/Kaze, Rinkah/Jakob, and Subaki/Hana and with a Dance Aether goes to harass our first target: the Knight with a javelin that does not move.

Getting him off that Dragon Vein will help.

So in this Dragon Vein room, we have Aether sit right in front of the first Defense Stance meatshield - a Fighter/Outlaw - and wail on them with our club while the others finish the knight, and use the Dragon Vein for extra healing. However, there was a Fighter that was able to get into the room before Aether blocked the route, so we hope things don't get bad.

They don't. The Fighter strikes Sakura, but she lives on. YAY.

After we kill that Fighter, the fight becomes a slog, thankfully one we are able to tank. Its a good thing that the only ranged attacker they had in that group was an Outlaw, and even then he was unable to kill Azura. Eventually, we are able to end the horde and kill the rouge Outlaw, though it was a bit tricky to fit Subaki in there without giving up ground.

By the time we make to the second meatshield, a Outlaw shows up, i.e. the Turn 9 Outlaw who goes after a chest with the intent to get the goods. Thankuflly he will open the box so we can kill him and steal it. So at least I get one of the chests.

Eventually, the second Defense Stance meatshield is down, and we send Rinkah and Aether to get some attention. However...mistakes are soon made.

Soon after we hit turn 11, and thats when Silas and his three Cavilers head our way. We position ourselves near the chokepoint, intent to tank our way to victory. And that is when oversight number one happens.

A knight goes after Subaki, hitting him if i recall correctly, and then an Outlaw I forgot about goes in to finish off Subaki.

Blame Takumi.

Thankfully, he misses Mr. Perfect with a 75% hit rate,and even then I think he had enough HP to not die anyway.

Praise Takumi. And Sakuras damage reduction Personal. But mostly Takumi.

Things get worse as team Silas make their way to us, covering the Outlaw. We hit things, and mistake 2 happens. The outlaw makes another shot at Subaki, with enough to kill him as I opted to not to heal him with Sakura.

Thankfully his Dual Guard was ready, so Hana saved the day. However, I was wondering why the computer didn't send someone to attack Subaki first instead of the Outlaw. The answer? Silas swoops in with that Javalin I forgot he had, and chucks it at Azura.

Whoops.

Thankfully she lives, but its a close one.

The rest of the map is a cakewalk. We finish off Team Silas, and by this time, Turn 9 Outlaw has already stolen the Armorslayer and is on his way to escape the map. Naturally he dies horribly and like any good player of tabletop RPGs and Munchkin, we loot the body and get the Armorslayer. The last two enemies - a pair of Knights - are not threats, and surcumb to the might of Rinkah and Subaki.

YAY US.

After the level, we let Silas live - after all Silas must give life to Sophie for this run- and CainSaizo and Orochi arrive just in time after the battle ended to tell us Lobster Lord Ryoma and Takumi are missing.

Blame Takumi.

No really, blame Takumi on this one. Not a horrible meme this time. If Takumi hadn't been so angry at Nohr all the time, them maybe he wouldn't have ran off and gotten lost - or worse (SPOILER) posessed by evil pruple smoke and turned into a homisidal raging maniac. At least Ryoma has an actual reason for going AWOL, but Takumi doesn't. He'd a prince of a country who just had it's ruling regent murdered. Now is not the time to act like a five year old brat.

Okay, soap box time is over. Just some food for thought for you all.

Anywho, we make it back to the MyCastle, and prepare to hit a challenge map that showed up shortly after this chapter is cleared.

..after letting Subaki die to 'sucidal overconfidence' and redoing the scermish only to have Aether die due to the same cause (wyrmslayer) I decide to do the battle next session.

THE TEAM (So Far)

16vGnoh.jpgEEiYw5m.jpgd0FqWnK.jpg

ZY8MSNm.jpgVmxOBWF.jpg

Edited by Kingofsouls

After I posted the last update, my mind got to thinking about a better team name than The Team. We needed an identity, something to tell the world "Hey world, put your dukes, cuz we wanna rumble!".

And that is when inspiration hit me. Our team name had been given to me through divine providence. It was perfect.

Our team name would be Ather's Awesome Avengers, or the Triple A for short!

aaa_logo_lg.gif

FEAR OUR POWER!

And So, Aether's Awesome Avengers Make their way to the Wind Tribe, to take a shortcut so that they could save the day!

But...before we actually do that, we have a small detour to make. After beating the skirmish mentioned last time and another one after, we need to pick someone up first...

Paralouge 1

Tragic Start

Aether's Awesome Avengers: Aether, RINKAH, Sakura, Azura, Saizo, Subaki

Pair Up Bots: Kaze, Jakob

Free Units: Mozu

Our mission is clear: Save Mozu. Sounds easy enough right?

Well in all honesty it was. We pair up our duos: Aether/Kaze, Rinkah/Jakob, and Saizo/Subaki. We wend our ax teams towards the left and park on the bridge to lure out the faceless there while Saizo goes south to kill the lone faceless.

It gets messy near the bridge as three Faceless arrive. Thankfully, we are able to quell the storm quickly, only letting one of them through to give them a pot shot at Azura. The blow sends her down to 2 HP, but anything higher than 0 keeps you alive so ill take it.

After that is taken care off, we wend out group south, towards the river and towards the trees that Mozu is hiding within. What happens is a letting Faceless attack Saizo so he can have XP, using this chapter to train him.

We get to Mozu with no trouble, though a small error allowed a Faceless to hit Mozu for near lethal.

After saving Mozu, we continue Saizo's rampage across the villages, taking down each Faceless one by one. Eventually we get to the last remaining Faceless near the upper left area, and we let Rinkah take the kill to give her enough Xp for a level up.

Easily one of the easy chapters,even on Lunatic. Then again, it wasn't supposed to be hard.

In any case, all current members of the A.A.A are at level 10, and we got Aether and Kaze to A support. Yay us! Now we can give Kaze to Azura.

After that, we hit a few MyCastles to grind support, getting Subaki and Saizo up to A+ and use our only Friendship Seal at the time to turn Saizo into A Sky Knight. We also get Azura and Kaze up to S and Azura and Sakura up to A.

Chapter 8

Fierce Winds

A.A.A: Aether, Azura, Sakura, Subaki, Saizo, Rinkah, Azama, Setsuna

Pair-up bots: Hana, Silas, Kaze, Mozu

Free Units: Hinoka

So, we climb up the worlds longest staircase only to be ambushed by Faceless. After dispatching them, we find out that resent evil sorcerer Igao uses Illusion Magic to make it look like Faceless when in reality they were people of the Wind Tribe the whole time.

Well, we haven't even started diplomacy yet and already it's been tanked.

Moving to the village proper, we must fight the Wind Tribe to get the chance to tell our side of the story. And that is when we get to the horrible part of Fire Emblem.

Desert Levels.

I've been playing FE since Sacred Stones, and I have learned to loathe the desert Level. Oh well, gotta do it.

Thankfully we have Team Hinoka to help us out, two of which are future members of the Triple A: Azama the ass and Setsuna who is perceptually out of it.

WSWgQ1m.jpg

However, we start out int eh sand, and we begin with our pair ups: Aether/Mozu, Rinkah/Hana, Saizo/Silas, and Subaki/Kaze. As you may have noticed, we didn't field the max number in this battle.

Our turn 1 involves dog piling the nearest enemy a Oni Savage/Diviner into submission, while taking attacks from a few of the approaching force of samurais and diviners. Thankfully with our small air force, Azura distractions, and throwing clubs we quell the force, and trigger the Dragon Vein to turn sand to plains as well, and by the start of turn 3 Hinoka and her hurt retainers hobble to where we are.

XEwyQDC.jpg

Yea, that is an understatement right there Aether.

Thankfully after recruitment Team Hinoka, we defeat the foes nearby, and thin out the small team harassing Team Hinoka save for one guy. Once we gird ourselves for an oncoming archer, letting them come to use by falling back and getting everyone with a ranged weapon into the range of the archer and other Oni Savages and I think one samurai incoming.

Also Miiverse takes along time to boot up.

After stopping the foes, the second VEIN is in sight, but we now have a question: Do we go for it or wait? A Diviner is nearby, behind the hut, while a second Dual Stance of Oni Savage/Diviner stands near the Vein, with a Samurai/Archer near him.

We send Saizo/Subaki and Setsuna near the Diviner, who takes the bait. Saizo wacks him one and Setsuna (who we are trying to feed as much as possible) finishes him off. However, the Dual Guard didn't take the bait. We shrug, and send The bird team to take out the nearest target to them - An Oni Savage. Subaki hits him on our then, then takes him out during the enemy phase. A second Oni Savage runs up to him, and Mr. Perfect takes him out with a Crit.

As that happens, we bite the bullet and pop the Dragon Vein. The targets do not come closer, which is both blessing and curse. After the Savages die to Mr. Perfect, we bite the bullet and charge at the Oni/Diviner pair with Aether and the team, staying out of the range of the Samurai/Archer.

Its a tricky fight. We wail on the first pair and we send Hinoka/Setsuna to wail on the Samurai/Archer, then Subaki to finish the job. After that,we block the Archer off with someone else, can't remember who, so he can't potshot the fliers.

We finish off the guys there with no real trouble, and prepare for the chapters final offensive movement: Fuga and his last three troops: A Samurai, a Diviner, and a Shrine Maiden.

They do down easily, leaving only Fuga.

Fuga is pretty strong, with over 40 HP, damage in the low 20's (complete with a throwing club) and Seal Strength. Thankfully I have a master plan: Azama. We send Azama smack dab next to the boss, and have our ranged units take pot shots at him suing a Dance to get out of there so Fuga only has Azama as a target. During his turn, Fuga smacks Azama, and since Azama is unarmed- as he is a monk and therefore can't be armed until a class change anyway takes counter damage from Azama's personal skill Divine Retribution.

Okay, I know, that plan is not very honorable and is cheesing of the highest degree, but Azama has that skill for a reason!

Anywho,once Fuga gets low enough, Rinkah and Saizo finish him off with Saizo getting the kill.

After the battle, our forces explain themselves, and prepare to leave for our nest destination: Izumo. But before we get to far away from the sands, Fuga reappears and tells us that Hayato would like to join us. We let him, but unfortunately hes going to be benched for...pretty much ever.

SO much for his plans to see the world...

Ather's Awesome Avengers

16vGnoh.jpgXuNhSYm.jpgiJ67NkK.jpg
7Ed1yOd.jpgWbospSJ.jpgc1X6Xzk.jpg
7XZyusx.jpgdJC8CsU.jpg

Aether was pretty much unchanged since last update, so repeat pic of her...whoops

Paralouge 5

Bold Approach

A.A.A: Aether, Saizo, Azura, Azama, Sakura, Subaki, Rinkah, Setsuna
Pair-Up Bots: Silas (required) Hinoka, Hayato, Kaze

Okay, I am NOT going to lie. This chapter was a HORRRIBLE experience. As per my rules for this run, when I can get a kid that has been chosen for the Triple A, I must go and recruit that child. That being said, I am pretty sure that the children are not supposed to be recruited this soon into the game. Because the chapter has promoted units.

After many many fails, I dump all my money that I can into Tonics of HP, Strength, Defense and Speed and give them to my heavy hitters of Aether, Rinkah, Saizo, and Subaki. I also forge a few Clubs and Naginatas for more power.

2SfQ66f.jpg

We set up our Pair UPS, and start out plan. We send Rinkah out to hit an Outlaw and let Setsuna get the kill and bait the Dark Mage into attacking her at melee range while Subaki ferries Silas up north to recruit Sophie. We also have Sakura stay near the action, as her personal skill is free damage reduction.

Our first big hurtle is the Paladin chilling in the middle of the woods. Thankfully, we have a plan: We use Aether/Hayato to bait him out, and we finish off the Paladin by ganging up on him. Once he goes down, we are in the clear to slowly advance and take the upper path.

However...we can't say the same for...the problem children of the map.

p3vLCAj.jpg

These six villagers. When you clear the chapter, you get rewards based on how many of them live through it. At first, it sounds simple to just run over there and guard them until you stabilize and then march towards the boss, but there's a hitch: The villagers are unarmed and charge towards the boss.

I cannot begin to tell you how DUMB it was of the designers of DO THIS.

Yea...we're not even going to bother. I usually try to save them, but this time they pay for their stupidity with blood.

wI27BjV.jpg

RY7FOj6.jpg

REMEMBER ME!

Mchef3G.jpg

As we take the upper route around the island fort, reinforcements arrive. I actually forgot that, and during one of the previous attempts this surprised me. First its a pair of Fighters and a Berserker, followed by a Wyvern Rider and Lord, and then a pair of Cavaliers and a Paladin.

The help of the Tonics shine through.

We take it slow, using Aether as our bait, her Iron Club + 1 and her insane 20% crit chance taking down the troops, and considering how she is our primary answer to take out the promoted classes (there are three Paladins at the start), she gets the lions share of the XP, and goes up level after level. Gamble really helped out with the Crit boost giving her a helping hand.

As we move forward, we must remind ourselves that the Wyvern Lord and the Strategist are minor problems, Setsuna not strong enough to one shot the Lord. There was a bit of a nail bitter, when the Wyverns went down and the Strategist went after Aether. Thankfully she lived and we get ready for our final assault on the boss.

OTTM7cY.jpg

The Boss has two Fighters as guards, and by this time the Cavalier/Paladins have spawned, making their way towards him. With the horsemen closing in ready to pounce on the next turn, we decide to try and eek another level for Setsuna by sending in Aether to smack him and soften him up and give Setsuna a chance to get the kill.

cLyhAem.jpg

...considering how Aether has a Crit of 20%, I really should have seen her getting two crits in a row coming.

Anywho, with victory now ours, we go back home with the first child of Aether's Awesome Avengers.

Chapter 9

Land of Gods

A.A.A: Aether, Saizo, Azura, Azama, Sakura, Subaki, Rinkah, Setsuna, Sophie
Pair-Up Bots: Silas, Hinoka, Kaze
Free Units: Hinata, Oboro

v3e261P.jpg

We finally
make it to Izumo, where we hope to find information about our overpowered crutches called Ryoma and Takumi. We quickly make it to Izana...and well...

honestly the first time I saw him in my first play through, I though it was hilarious how casual the leader of a country was. I think its hilarious.

In any case, we get trapped by Zola, who was pretending to be Izana, and naturally sicks his troops on us to kill us.

AAu2uLb.jpg

After setting up our pair ups, we begin. Our first major hurdle are the three cavaliers south of our starting positions, and we send in Setsuna, Sophie and others to take care of them while we aim to get Subaki over to the right side and Saizo to the left to deal with the archers.

At this point, I must note how I want to avoid using Aether. She is at level 16, and is much more powerful than the rest of the Triple A. So in a sense she takes after Ryoma so well, considering how I found two of his clubs at MyCastle. I also really want to find another Partner Seal for Azura so she can stop sinking so much XP into Songstress and jump her into Diviner. I'll miss the refressing but it must be done.

We easily quell the first hurdle and send our troops towards the boss. However standing in the middle of the of the map is what I call the Steel wall of Meat: Three Knights with pair up partners of a Outlaw and two Dark Mages.

If only we had an Armorslayer like the one we found in Chapter 7...

Avoiding the Steel Wall of Meat for now, we send Sophie up the left with her mom to take out the dark mages on that side while the Sky Knights go up to the right, and around turn 3 we see our free units of the map Oboro, eternally crushing on her boss, and Hinata.

I actually don't have a snarky/witty intro for him.

Dgxhl9s.jpg

+1 understatement.

In any case Oboro heads north to the small room where Sophie and Aether are while Hinata heads left towards the southern route to where the three Cavaliers are, intent on giving us a hand. Its not needed but its the thought that counts.

We get Oboro to talk to us, turning her blue and Hinata follows soon. Meanwhile Setsuna is all alone dealing with a dark mage. It takes a while but it goes down. However she iss separated from the main group so it takes a while to get back into the battle.

The next small hurdle is another set of Knight/Dark Mage - one on each side of the map - teams making it harder to get to the boss.

Convenient how we just so happen to have an Armorslayer. Sophie has it, and she trashes him, with his pal doing down soon after. Subaki and pair up partner Rinkah have a little ha

By this time pairs of Cavaliers come out to play with Dark Mages next turn. They don't seem to end but thats okay. We're pretty strong anyway.

We recruit Hinata and we march into the upper section of the map. our Objective at this point is to get the chests. Thankfully there are Two Outlaws who go and get the stuff inside them for us, so all we have to do is just reach them before they escape and we get free stuff (a Speedwing and 5000 gold )

It's easier said than done. As we linger and try to force past the meat walls off to the side, Setsuna gets harrassed by one of the mages that rushed in from the lower right, and with reinforments steadily pouring in from stairs in the side rooms, it slows us down by having to handle those threats before moing on. Us slowing down is partily because I didn't want to leave the Steel wall of Meat standing, so Sophie harasses them, taking down Knight after Knight while the rest of the team cleans up.

With the wall fallen, however, even more reinforcements crawl out of the woodwork. I decide to make our push towards Zola. We fall back and send Sophie after the final Knight/Outlaw guard on the map who separates us from Zola and to bait out his two Dark Mage buddies while Saizo handles the Dark Mages reinforcements that are coming after us. The Knight falls and his Outlaw soon follows a turn later. By this time the reinforcements finally quell down, and we can attack Zola in piece.

v4nn4sc.jpg

Zola is a little scary right now with his Mjölnir tome, with his scary crit of 29%. But we don't let that scare us. We send in Saizo to soften him up, and Sophie finishes the job.

s0i02Fb.jpg

Getting beaten by a girl is one thing, but getting beaten by a girl who can disintegrate your clothes at pretty much will just straight up murders any confidence you had at this point into oblivion. At least hes worth a good amount of Xp for our Cavalier. We loot his body and get a Master Seal, and we complete the chapter.

Shame we can't keep the keys.

Anywho, Zola manages to escape...and promptly gets frozen by the Tomato Lord Leo. Hes about to kill him, but Aether convinces him to not kill Zola. And we get to meat the real Izana.

Apparently Zola's impersonation was actually spot-on. Go figure.

Aether's Awesome Avengers
FnizXhb.jpgzMbwtfw.jpgGUt8GI1.jpg
CWlUwJZ.jpg8CI2kow.jpgvXNAVII.jpg
xPnS3HK.jpgaNWlMTF.jpgDx8okqt.jpg

Edited by Kingofsouls

Before we head out to recruit our next child...Saizo has something he wants to tell us.

Iuk1OkF.jpg

It seems Saizo wants our hand in marriage, and give it we do! Shame we can't recruit the two kids though. I mean, we can, but we can't actually use them.
But then again think of the XP we could get...
In any case, we buy a few tonics and pump up our heavy hitters with them, girding our lions for what terrors child chapters hold.

Paralouge 11:

A Long Grudge

A.A.A: Aether, Rinkah, Setsuna, Subaki, Saizo, Azura, Sophie, Azama
Pair-Up: Hinoka, Jakob, Kaze, Silas.
GPvR7cZ.jpg
Our mission is to get to Hisame as soon as we can before the Faceless can descend on him and finish off the pickle loving Samurai. The task is made a little harder thanks to the abundance of forests and wastes, but we have a small flying force so it's not that hard. We set up our pair ups, Hinata hitching a ride with Subaki, and we begin. Our first goal is to clear out the Faceless around our starting position. Aether leads the charge south with Rinkah, Setsuna, Subaki, and Sakura as the healer for that squad. Meanwhile, the rest of our units - Sazio, Sophie, Azura and Azama head left to handle that group.
It goes...not as well as it could as Saizo misses and makes an easy kill not so easy, forcing Sophie to swoop in and finish the job.
It then gets even ticker when we make it to to the end of the forest team B finds themselves in and the horde of Faceless waiting for us. I unfortunetly underestimated the power of the Faceless, and when they gang up on Sophie, they hit hard. Thankfully Sophie was able to Dodge enough and soak up a hit or two with a Dual Guard and she was able to take down/severly wound the horde. With Azama's help to patch up the wounds and Saizo throwing a Javelin or two we take control of that area.
Team A (who's main goal is to get to Hisame) has their own trials. Our goal is to kill a Faceless blocking the path with Setsuna, and fly in Hinoka and get the recruit. However, Setsuna misses on an 86% hit.
Twice.
In the same battle.
...I swear to God I speak the truth.
Our master plan ruined, we send Aether to do Setsuna's job, and the Crit Queen crits, saving the day.
By this time its turn 4, and one Faceless is in range of Hisame. All is not lost however as we are able to fly in dear old dad and recruit Hisame!
sg9fTWR.jpg
Actually, no you don't Hinata.
After the recruit, we then switch back to Subaki to protect the undertrained Hinata. By this time, the chaos north of Hisame's position has quelled, and it gives Saizo a free path to pair up with Hisame and protect him.
In the mean time, We send Aether on her lonesome to handle the enemy in the southern ruins of the map, Sakura chilling by to provide some damage reduction. Our Crit Queen tears through Faceless after Faceless, and by now I am convinced she is a one woman army. Our other units gather near the center, ready to get ready to intercept.
As we go towards the center to fortify our group, Subaki misses on a 80%, and that was a key kill he needed. Guess he's not Mr. Perfect anyway. And then we get to player mistake #1.
I use Hisame.
I miscalculated my move, attacking into an enemy to get Hisame some XP as he had a full Dual Guard ready. However...i forgot to math right and on Enemy phase, the enemy is fully capable of killing Hisame.
Thank god one of hte enemies missed on a 79%. Guess I'm not the only one pluaged by bad luck on key hits.
As we move on, the reinforcements arrive, a few uncomfortably close to us. Subaki goes into the leftmost ruins and blocks the way out, tanking the enemy while Saizo goes around the outside to bait out a Faceless with Quick Draw and Elbow Room (thats +4 if you hit first and +3 if you are on a tile with no effects respectively) Thankfully our flying ninja and Mr. Perfect are able to handle it no problem.
As this is happening, Aether and Sakura move south to intercept some stragglers while Rinkah does the same while Sophie and Setsuna handle some reinforcements. It was mostly THE Sophie power hour as Setsuna missed again (urg).
Thankfully nothing really goes wrong for the next couple of turns. By now its around turn 13 and we are ready to march on the last three enemies.

jlv6JPe.jpg

However we face a little problem. The closest Faceless has Life and Death, giving +10 damage to each side. The Boss's crony has Vantage, and the Boss itself has Vantage, Counter, and Inspiration.
Not gonna be easy.
We send in Aether, who gets close to LaD Faceless and with the help of a dance, is able to smack him down in a single hit with Ryoma's Club, with somehow 92% hit on a weapon designed to be a high-risk high reward weapon.
The last two are trickier. We lure them closer, and then we send in Setsuna to kill the boss with a little Dance help, and we let Hisame finish off the last one.
All in all, not to terribly hard, but not to easy either.
GRphu9K.jpgifOVdZk.jpgBctwjMn.jpg
JxIo5Lw.jpg1wnfDPb.jpg2uhXtSL.jpg
dUTitxr.jpgFCycxDs.jpgfVoHoCb.jpgX7sUp7r.jpg
And now, a question to everyone reading these: What do you think? Am I making these interesting to read? Funny? Too many pics, or not enough pics? I would really like some feedback, that way I can improve.
Edited by Kingofsouls

Try taking a look at other Let's Plays to see how they format stuff. I'd plug my own, if you're so inclined.

Using screenshots was inspired by someone, not sure who. But I'll take a look into that eclipse. Link please?

In related news, mini update time: Hisame and Sophie have just hit S rank! So hopefully we can upgrade them as soon as we get the next shop upgrade. Hopefully it's after the Ninja Forest.

Chapter 10:

Ninja Village

A.A.A: Aether, Sophie, Hisame, Saizo, Azura, Azama, Sakura, Rinkah, Setsuna, Subaki, Takumi (new Recruit)

Pair-Up Bots: Kaze, Jakob

I was unprepared for the darkness that was known as the ninja forest. Forgive me, my friends. Forgive me.

After recruiting Hisame and going off to a single map to grind for XP, and MyCastles to grind support so he could marry Sophie, we leave Izumo and pass though Mokushu ton our quest to find out what exactly happened to our overpowered brothers.

Along the way, Zola gets dumped on us because Nohr, and then ninjas happen.

Lots and lots of ninjas. This chapter was not easy, let me tell you.

G5uuasL.jpg

Our first turn involves us having Sophie and Hisame throw Kodachis at the nearest ninja. Which are swords. Yea, that kinda threw me for a loop when I did my first run of Birthright, but hey, I'll take it. Anywho, the ninja bites it, and we have a tougher spot to get out off. Immediately to our right are two ninjas, a Spear Fighter/Archer, and a diviner. Only the Diviner and Archer can move. We have Aether throw a club and have Rinkah finish the ninja off. Everyone else gets closer while I have Azura get into position for next turn, and Saizo in a specific spot on the next.

The enemy takes their turn. A small group of enemies directly south of us come by to harass us, the Diviner among them hitting Aether hard, as does the Diviner closest to Rinkah. Ninjas also start to move in from the east. It's not gonna be easy.

At the start of our next turn, guess who shows up?

nLFIhho.jpg

Praise Takuuuuuooooooooooh my. He's red. That's a bad. And apparently he watched the Kill Your Family Show that Marik Ishtar likes so much. In any case, Azura sings him a song of birthrights and love, and he snaps out of it easy, netting us our next member of the Triple A.

There's just one minor hitch: I misplaced my characters. I was aiming for Azura to land directly to the right of Takumi so she could recruit then hitch a ride with the waiting Saizo. I placed Saizo where Azura needed to be. A quick pair up with Takumi who then passed her on to Saizo was an easy fix.

Meanwhile, back where the action is, Setsuna, Sophie, and Hisame clear up the southern enemies while the rest of the team clears out the small mob of enemies there. It's a bit tricky, but we somehow manage to kill the remaining stationary ninja and the diviner and create a blockade with Rinkah, preventing an approaching archer from taking us out.

After killing the Spear Fighter and Archer team, we hope that Rinkah is sturdy. You see, the little bottleneck she's guarding becomes visited by ninjas and a diviner as well as the archer. Thankfully, she is able to survive every attack, but very wounded. Maybe it was because the enemies also wanted a piece of Aether who was directly behind her. I forget . At this point I wasn't taking notes anymore due to latent frustration of repeated death.

vkFEQK5.jpg

As we march to the right, We split the party to take out stragglers to the north, and send in Rinkah to bait out two ninjas and a diviner in the thickest parts of the woods by killing another diviner. With constant healing she's able to survive.

As we enter the thickest part of the forest, getting closer and closer to Kotaro (the boss) with every turn, it's now turn 7 and reinforcements start to arrive. After the chaos in the forest is quelled, we use Hisame/Sophie as bait to lure Spear Fighters and Ninjas that lie near the entrance to the intended entrance to Kotaro. They...don't all choose him as the target, but the enemy is closer to us and noone died, so we happy. In the mean time, waves of diviners and archers come turn after turn, and we send Aether/Saizo (who was going to snag the chest behind Kotaro before that little surprise) and Rinkah to stop this threat. In the meantime, we have Hisame, Setsuna, Subaki and Takumi handle the last couple of enemies guarding the intended path to Kotaro.

By turn 11ish, all the reinforcements are dead, so begin to get ready for the final approach towards Kotaro. First, we send Saizo/Aether towards the chest, as Saizo was a ninja to start with and thus can actually open chests in levels without keys or enemy Outlaws.

...I may be a little bitter over having to pass up the Chapter 7 Seraph Robe, which would really come in handy for either Aether or Rinkah. Don't quote me on that though.

Anywho, Subaki ferries Setsuna and goes along with so Setsuna could kill Kotaro's Shrine Maiden.

After we get the chest (a Rescue Staff, which I have a feeling will come in handy come a certain Opera stage), we are ready to take down Kotaro, who has impressive stats for a level 2 Master Ninja, but oddly has no abilities.

Odd. He makes for that with a Dual Shuriken, which not only reverses the Weapon Triangle, but doubles the effects of the triangle. So what Kotaro has is a shuriken that beats axes and bows, but loses to swords and magic instead of the actual match up.

If only we had a Samurai!

In any case, we ignore our sarcasm for a moment and send in Saizo to have a little...chat with Kotaro.

VXWXSAi.jpg

4292ilz.jpg

There's some...bad blood between the two.

Saizo leaves the daiymo at 1 HP, so Hisame swoops in and gets the kill for a much needed level up.

tGFIxQt.jpg

With the chapter completed, we go into the Ninja Cave (Conquest chapter 17 btw for those who have yet to embrace the madness! Prepare yourselves!), and within the cave we find our next member of the Triple A: Kagero, who was captured while on her way to give messages to people.

Praise Takumi.

Thankfully, Kagero has good news for us. She knows where Ryoma is headed: Cheve, which is on the outskirts of Nohr. The fastest way for us to get there is by boat, so we head off to a port to hitch a ride to the home of our enemy.

During the time of writing this, I just noticed that I had a Partner Seal in my inventory the whole time, and could have used it on Hisame. Well...better late than never.

a8MEnQv.jpg

After we upgrade Hisame, we snag a ton of tonics and feed them to our best units to survive the horrors of a child recruitment chapter. True it ruins our bank account, but we should be good.

Paralouge 12:

Sweet Dreams

A.A.A: Aether, Azama, Saizo, Kagero, Sophie, Hisame, Azura, Sakura, Rinkah, Setsuna, Subaki, Takumi, Mitama (new Recruit).

Pair Up Bots: Kaze, Silas

Our next mission takes us to Mitama's Deeprealm, currently under attack of invisible soldiers who are obviously aligned to Nohr, with the many Ninjas that they are deploying.

Yes...because Fantasy Europe uses Japanese foot soldiers...

In any case, Mitama is sleeping blissfully, but if we don't get to her before the bad guys do (and by bad guys I mean only the Outlaws) then we will have a dead Mitama, and that is no good.

OJtHRb3.jpg

The gimmick of this map is twofold. The first is that there are rivers that flood the map (HA! Puns), restricting the movement of anyone without wings. The second are a series of Fighters - with both an Iron Axe and a Hand Axe - that stand guard on several bridges that connect the mainland areas together. I affectionately call these Fighters who cannot move the Gatekeepers.

In any case, we pair up Silas with Takumi and send Takumi to the east side of the map to harass a Gatekeeper, and also to lure the two archers on that side towards us. We also send Saizo that way just in case, though the archers mean he has to be careful.

In the main area where the army starts, we kill a gatekeeper with Kagero, and after that we have Aether use the first Dragon Vein to freeze the southwestern rivers, allowing us to just walk around Gatekeepers and more easily sneak past their lines and wreck their back row. Such as giving Kagero a dance to rush towards a Dark Mage and kill her, then letting Sophie take down a Gatekeeper. Finally Hisame rides on his shiny new horse and takes down an Oni Savage. Not bad for a first turn.

Turn 2 isn't so smooth. Sophie (being a royal) uses another Vein to freeze the rest of the west rivers. Using these to get close, Aether swings at a Gatekeeper and misses using the Ryoma's Club, so we had to give Hisame the Gatekeeper kill. In the meantime Kagero kills a lone Diviner while Rinkah tags along with Setsuna, giving the archer some defense when she kills a Dark Mage on the west side.

Takumi on the other hand dances around, getting close to Gatekeepers and archers,

At this point in time, Outlaws start appearing. Their sole purpose is to race us to Mitama's House, and if they get there first...well lets just say we won't like it.

We speed things up. As of now we are getting close to the house, and we face the mightiest gate.

nhloYCM.jpg

The Great Gatekeepers as I call them are a Fighter using a Silver Axe and a Tomahawk with support from a Silver Bow wielding Archer. These guys are not going to be easy. To complicate matter is the presence of a Paladin, who will most certainly make things horrible for us.

We decide to make it easier to lure the Paladin. With another Dragon Vein used, the rivers are frozen in a way that will let the Paladin come to us without us going through the Great Gatekeepers first. We place Subaki in a way to lure a Diviner towards us while Aether lures the Paladin towards her.

Jx4dtP0.jpg

Thankfully they don't try any Pair Up shenanigans and each enemy takes the receptive bait. Hisame wounds the Paladin with Subaki getting the kill shot, and the first of the Outlaws dies to Setsuna's yumi.

Meanwhile on the west side with Takumi, Kagero takes a shot at an Oni Savage on the other side of an unfrozen river. She...misses one of her strikes, which makes things a little tricky. We send Takumi closer to a Gatekeeper, healing with an Vulnerably, getting ready to kill things on the next Enemy Phase.

Things go swimmingly save for one thing: Kagero misses again

Blame Takumi. Also Kagero is now Setsuna this map.

As the northern enemies start their approach, including the other map's Paladin, we get ready to gird our loins and prepare to them by taking down the Great Gate. We send in Aether to attack the Archer, and hope for a crit using her Iron Axe instead of Ryoma's Club, mostly to make sure we actually hit. She doesn't get any crits, so we go with plan B: We chuck Hisame's Kodachi at him for the kill, followed by Sophie throwing hers at the Fighter. Subaki then swoops in for the kill.

Things go from bad to worse as the second Paladin slides right next to the boss of the level: A heavily armed General. We send in Sophie and Hisame, who spam Kodachis at the Paladin, taking him down easy.

The next problem to solve is the General. Thankfully we have a problem. With the east side pretty calm due to Kagero, Takumi, and Saizo having everything under control, we send Kagero, armed with a Sting Shuriken (A throwable Armorslayer) to take him down with no problem. And she didn't pull a Setsuna either!

Praise Takumi.

With the house’s immediate area now secure more or less, we send Azama (pairing him up with Kaze just in case) to say high to Mitama.

8t5KQO6.jpg

xgjH7pm.jpg

...honestly, when I played this map the first time in my first play through of the game, this supplied me a little. Characters usually immediately are recruited as soon as you chat with them, so having to talk multiple times was a little bit of a monkey wrench the first time around.

In any case, the enemies try to kill us, Sophie getting really roughed up but thankfully she, Hisame, and Kagero are able to kill the Diviner and Archer that threaten her.

Not much happens as we get ready to clean up and take the rest of the enemies down, as we are pretty much at the end. We have Azama try and wake up Mitama again...

B8M35ak.jpg

5my5Nlv.jpg

07vao3y.jpg

...and one more time for good measure…

uSCM2E4.jpg

jEnRtJ1.jpg

...apparently ignorance is bliss. Welcome aboard Mitama!

The rest of the map goes easy as we chase down the rest of the enemies, and we can chalk up another win for Aether's Awesome Avengers!

H7Ivc82.jpgqlXAsoL.jpgrbE4wDP.jpg

DTjUC0j.jpgzYgPrLA.jpgXko4b5w.jpg

OLkOM88.jpgnvtJ12M.jpghZw0BmD.jpg

AmaMAB5.jpgSGfGM3p.jpg7B51fX4.jpg

1OVAPCu.jpg

Chapter 11

To The Sea

A.A.A: Aether, Saizo, Kagero, Sophie, Hisame, Azura, Mitama, Azama, Rinkah, Setsuna, Subaki, Takumi

Free Unit: Reina

Hey look, we don't need any pair up bots this time around!

Anywho, apparently the fastest way to get to Nohr is by boat (don’t even think abut it), so we hitch a ride on one. However, we are assaulted by invisible soldiers and must kill them to not die.

XcZChxC.jpg

The gimmick of the map is that we are on a boat. While boat levels are not anything new for fire Emblem, usually boat levels involve three boats, not one as big as this one. That is why a ton of the enemies are flying units.

First thing we do is fall back and crowd around the gazebo directly north of us. Takumi leads the charge north, ready to shoot down the fliers that way.

After that, guess who shows up? Reina, this map’s free unit, who gets closer to us for ease of recruitment...

ZkKtb7u.jpg

...and damn is she bloodthirsty.

BNGThHJ.jpg

Remember everyone, Hoshido is the peaceful good guy country!

After recruiting, we send her back down to handle the air force there while Sophie pops the first Dragon Veins, creating a windstorm that slows down flying units, just as insurance. Takumi also triggers the one in the middle, so we have that side of the map taken care off.

aAk2VjT.jpg

However, in our haste to use our flying archer, we almost send her to her death, avoiding a kill shot by the luck of the dice. We have Reina retreat, and we gird our loins and wait out the attack, luring the fliers towards our tanky units. With Kagero taking care of the south, and Rinkah and Setsuna using Attack Stance to cover the north (and Reina’s spear), we are able to get things under control.

zOfBnay.jpg

mJJsBsb.jpg

By turn 7, we decide to move the group westward, and west we go. We decide to split into two groups. The North team of Rinkah, Setsuna, Hisame, Sophie, Reina, Azura, and Asama while South Team is Aether, Kagero, Takumi, Saizo, Subaki, and Mitama.

We however make a tiny error. We send Saizo and Subaki off the boat to handle the growing swarm of Wyverns, which wounds our boys. We fall back, putting them back on the boat and wait for them to come to us as usual. This is the wiser idea, and we come out smelling like roses.

North team has an easier time doing the same thing, so not much there.

OV8TmH7.jpg

Now here is what I don't get. The two wounded Wyvern Riders are wounded, and are crowding around Falcon Knight, who can heal them. But she doesn't. And I know one of those Riders was wounded by Reina way back near turn 2. IN any case, we crowd as lose as we can without getting attacked and use Sophie to pop the last dragon vein.

Anyway, we finally get the Falcon Knight and it's fellows to come closer to us, but that is a huge flock to handle. We let Setsuna kill the Falcon, and go to town, clearing out the enemy. The Boss and his troupe also decide to move the north team into the tempest for protection.

Just when things couldn't better better, a Malig Knight (with a Snake Spirit as loot) swings by on the south, and he has Mjölnir as well, which is bad. We retreat up from the south. Meanwhile the boss crew dances around the tempest, so we dance too

The boss gets closer and we send in Aether with Ryoma's club. She gets a crit and takes him down hard!

Chapter 12

Dark Reunion

A.A.A: Aether, Azura, Saizo, Subaki, Kagero, Hisame, Sophie, Mitama, Setsuna, Takumi, Rinkah

Free Unit: Kaden

We finally make it to shore, and the kingdom of Crysenkia, our local stand in for Venice. Honestly I love the level design of this map. The boats and the water make the fight interesting and visually pleasing at the same time.

It’s also got a bit of the great escape for good measure. Anywho, we meat up with the Free Unit of the Map Kaden, who is a kitsune who loves to pay back his favors. We help him out by taking the place of this singer who never ever shows up again, and having Azura sing in her stead. Also King Garon is there, so this is a perfect chance to ambush him. We have Zola (yes, we still have him) use that illusion magic of his to disguise Azura, so Garon and the Nohrians would not be able to identify her as Azura.

Naturally she sings the one song that will definitely identify her as Azura.

Yea, I know it has magic powers Azura, but really, would it hurt to sing something else once in a while?

Doesn't matter anyway, as Garon knew our plan all along thanks to Zola being a lying traitor, and gets what he deserves.

Shame. No really, it’s a shame. I think Zola liked being with us. A little kindness goes along way. In any case, we gotta get out of here.

uJZnNGV.jpg

The goal of the map is to get Aether to the red square on the stage and escape, which somehow lets everyone else escape as well. Not questioning it. The catch is that the walkways are very narrow, and aren’t really connected to where we start, so we have two options. Option 1 is to rush to the Dragon Vein (which has a chest containing a Dracoshield nearby so naturally we gotta get that too) to freeze the water, which will let Aether walk over it to safety, or Option 2, which is to have Aether hitch a ride on a flying unit and just…fly there.

Our plan is to do a little of both. As soon as we can he have Hisame and Sophie pair up, and Hisame slams his Armorslayer into the closest Knight, to which Kagero follows up and kills the Archer he left behind. We also send Saizo and Subaki over the water to the east and harass the enemies on the isolated platforms and take them out, as we want the path to be clear when we make our great escape.

However, things make a turn for the worse when Xander arrives.

And boy is he still pissed about Aether jumping ship and joining up with Hoshido. This is where the real race begins, as Xander belongs to the sacred order of Overpowered Brothers, and thus we will pretty much lose any confrontation against him at this time. And with that high movement of his, we have to hustle to the chest.

Getting there...not so easy. With all the archers harassing Hisame and the various other threats, we are slowed down considerably on our way to the chest, and our fly boys also have a bit to trouble.

6qWDhqd.jpg

As we approach the chest, we kill a Knight with Kagero's Sting Shuriken and Hisame kills the Outlaw he left behind like on turn 1. We also send some units close to the chest to get a Great Knight, thankfully an armored unit for us to armorslay, to come closer with some Cavalier buddies.

Hisame then takes out a Knight close tot he chest, and with a dance he switches to Sophie, gives her the Armorslayer, and then kills the Great Knight. At this time, we have taken care of the enemies on the isolated platforms with Saizo and Subaki. Saizo flies to the chest and snags the Dracoshield, while Subaki floats to the back of our advance and gets a heal form an overworked Mitama.

However...I fear we may have dawdled, as Xander is pretty much right on top of us, eager to show us just how powerful Siegfried is.

Thankfully he’s not in range of us just yet, which was why we we able to even get the shield in the first place, so Aether hitches a ride with her hubby and gets out of there. Kagero hitches a ride with Subaki and joins them, as the stage is soon visited by a Great Knight

As the fliers fly, we decide to fall back, trying to get everyone out of the way of an angry Xander.

To my surprise, this plan actually works. Once we hit the stage, we take out the Great Knight, and next turn we are able to get Aether to the exit, but not before taking down one more enemy or two down in the south.

Mission complete!

Let me tell you, I wasn't sure if we were able to complete the mission without popping the dragon vein, which in hindsight would have made it easier for Xander to chase us, so restricting his movement was probably for the best. But thankfully we were able to without any casualties. That, and only bringing one healer (Mitama) was a bit of an…error.

In any case, we are able to escape the wrath of Xander, and continue our way to Cheve, where hopefully Ryoma awaits us.

Paralouge 10

Hunter and Prey

A.A.A: Aether, Saizo, Azura, Kagero, Sophie, Hisame, Mitama, Rinkah, Setsuna, Subaki, Takumi, Azama

Required Units: Kaden

But before we head to Cheve, we first have Kaden and Oboro fall in love, and bring forth Selkie tot eh world!

And then Selkie leaves her deeprealm because she has an attention span shorter than a five year old child’s, and runs into kitsune hunters, who want her fur because its apparently valuable.

Thankfully we make it just in time, and in my opinion, we have one of the funniest parts int eh game: Where Kaden runs into a hunter, and he describes Selkie to him, and the hunter replies with a casual “eh, more or less” like he’s talking to a old friend.

Ah, humor.

In any case, we get ready to rescue Selkie

bjnkAQf.jpg

Our first turn is simple. We rush the closest enemy with Sophie and Hisame, and then rush the Diviner and Archer. At this point, we split into two teams: North team featuring Hisame, Sophie, Sakura, Saizo, and Subaki, and South Team featuring everyone else. We carefully set up South Team to lure the approaching fighters, arches, diviner, and Dark Mage, and prepare ourselves.

What we aren’t prepared for is Selkie going to the left rather the right, killing one in a large group of immovable archers by...playing with him.

Quick change in plans. We have Kaden hitch a ride with Subaki and fly over the mountains to her, and talk to her

exdL681.jpg

Sure….playing. That is exactly what we are doing.

In any case once Selkie becomes blue, we sic her on more Archers as the horde down south approaches South Team. They have it mostly under control, and make heads roll as they advance to the east.

North team has an easier time of it. Even thought the horses are slowed down by the forests, with their Kodachis Hisame and Sophie are able to come out smelling like roses, and have it under control. They continue their march upwards.

UYMHKtC.jpg

As they move up, we have the last of the enemies down south and have South Team move up, abusing the Fujin Yumi’s secondary effect of ignoring the movement penalties of terrain to haste Aether up north.

Neither unit are really needed. We just move up slowly and carefully as we make it to the boss.

xFwLIxx.jpg

At what point is poaching both fair and square?

Cx3F96y.jpg

Saizo takes him out easy, and gets much needed XP. And with that, we have the next member of the Triple A recruited!

Aether’s Awesome Avengers

Q2SSuqJ.jpggkeps5f.jpg9SPG8Wy.jpg

6Shsa4q.jpglA641kw.jpgUGLQKe4.jpg

eOvWjAi.jpgdaMynMU.jpgbwGK4Iw.jpg6VXJUfM.jpgsVq603B.jpgfrBjTva.jpg

Ov8Z5iO.jpgihVHGUh.jpg

Edited by Kingofsouls

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm sorry about the delay in posts, my schedule got shifted due to new employment and life in general. Expect the next update in two or three days.

In teh meantime, how is everyone enjoying Aether and her Awesome Avengers? Favorite moment? Least favorite? Random thing you want to blame/praise Takumi for that happened during the run? I want to hear your thoughts as without you this run would not have been a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

So, before we crush our enemies, drive them before us, and laminate their women1, we upgrade our Rod Shop to level 2. Guess what that means?

hqdefault.jpg

Time to pass out the Second and Heart Seals! With only so many to give out until the next upgrade, we have to make them count. And make them count we go. We give them to Azura, Sophie, Mitama, Rinkah, and Takumi, promoting them to Onmiji, Mercenary, Ninja, and Spear Fighter respectively.

OeYazhi.jpg

baWyH7B.jpg

agDhkAk.jpg

iClAFfC.jpg

STt0h6s.jpg

Don't they look great!

Chapter 14

Border Crossing

A.A.A: Aether, Ryoma, Sophie, Mitama, Kagero, Subaki, Rinkah, Setsuna, Azura, Selkie, Takumi, Saizo, Selkie.

So...I am not going to mince words...I am underprepared for this. I lost my notes for this chapter, since it really has been a while, but I remember the basics. The plot as of now is that now that we have Ryoma, master of the OP Katana, we head to the Nohrina Border, ready to kick some Nohrian ass and take their names!

Ebwx6KH.jpg

...that is a lot of names to take. Thankfully we're the good guys, so this is going to be a walk in the park. We move on to set up our formation, and get ready to invade and complete the map goal of killing the boss.

Gu8MyDZ.jpg

Yea...wheres that Ackbar gif when you need it?

3hHdNTX.jpg

The big hurdle is twofold: On each side of us are three groups of three Cavaliers and a Paladin. The Paladins are XP pinatas, and we need to level up our troops. So the challenge is to kill the weak units, weaken the big one, and then have the person we want to level kill the Paladin without anyone dying.

It's a bit tricky as we also have a wave of Knights closing in on us. Thankfully Aether's Hammer (time) and the Armorslayer make short work of them so we focus on the horsies. It takes a little bit to get through them all, but we do.

After we make our advance towards the gate, we Rinkah and Saura to hit that magic number 20, and since we just so happen to have Master Seals..

0XRNozP.jpg

FWRxKAE.jpg

...why not do it now?

So, anyone remember the boss rooms?

Q9K0OE7.jpg

Not so empty now.

n8GilJu.jpg

After taking out the horse waves, and getting a Beast Slayer while we are at it, we make it to the entrance, guarded by Benny and Charolette and two Knights. Hammer time and Armorslayers say hello, and we start to lure in the reinforcements after that. Once we are able to breach the enterance, we crack the Dragon Veins inside and make rocks fall, making our job of cleaning up easier. We send the units who need XP like wizards need food (the answer is badly btw) after the Generals, and by doing so, Aether hits level 20 and promotes to Beserker.

h1kAsel.jpg

Beware all of doubt the power of my Crit Cannon! Beware her and her Great Club of Many Deathbringings!

After that, we clean up, giving Kagero the kill and get her up to level 20 and with that another chapter is clear.

9m30MbV.jpg

Mechanists are OP, ban all Mechanists

All in all, I was a little underwhelmed by Selkie and Takumi, but Takumi as the excuse of being stuck with E-rank lances. Selkie? Not so much. Hopefully she can take on the more psychically powerful Wolfskin next chapter, as she's more of a magic tank.

No stat pics right now, but I will get them up for next update.

--

So, if I can be frank, I really want to hear from you guy. I'm sure you all are enjoying the run as much as I am, but unless you speak up, I can only assume. I want to hear your thoughts, hear your opinion. Give suggestions for tactics, make crazy fan theories, praise Takumi, anything goes here. We cool like that

You guys helped make this run what it is, and with all the silence I'm not sure what to think.

• 2 weeks later...

Mini update time.

I hate Chapter 15.

I hate it, i hate it, i hate it, I HATE IT.

kay, okay, sorry. Had a miror melt down. But I have a good point here. The chapter is...brutal.

It is kicking my ass, and honestly I am taking my time because this chapter is so unfun i just don't want to continue because it's unfun. I mean, you're fighting an army of wolves, it should be great, right? But on Lunatic it's just...so cruel because you really need o be careful, and I am using this as a training chapter to get everyone promoted so that adds a little bit more challenge, and well everythign just adds up.

I.

Hate

It.

Sigh....okay so question time guys: Least favorite chapter in Birthright, what kind of run was it (casual, iron man, PMU, blind, etc) and why do you want it to die in a fire?

Hmmm... Have you been using the Dragon Veins?

Anyway, my least favorite chapter in Birthright is the one where you get Takumi, because ninjas and constant damage are a hellish combination. The fact that squishies make up the majority of the army in Birthright does NOT help...

• 3 weeks later...

Mini update time.

I hate Chapter 15.

I hate it, i hate it, i hate it, I HATE IT.

kay, okay, sorry. Had a miror melt down. But I have a good point here. The chapter is...brutal.

It is kicking my ass, and honestly I am taking my time because this chapter is so unfun i just don't want to continue because it's unfun. I mean, you're fighting an army of wolves, it should be great, right? But on Lunatic it's just...so cruel because you really need o be careful, and I am using this as a training chapter to get everyone promoted so that adds a little bit more challenge, and well everythign just adds up.

I.

Hate

It.

Sigh....okay so question time guys: Least favorite chapter in Birthright, what kind of run was it (casual, iron man, PMU, blind, etc) and why do you want it to die in a fire?

I've only played Birthright once, and it was on Normal Casual...Chapter 21, Burning Falls, without question, was my least favorite. The punishment for picking the wrong Dragon Vein is horribly irritating and unfun (damage every turn that adds like 15 seconds of animations, movement slowed to a crawl, Stoneborn everywhere, having to wait for the darn Dragon Vein to reappear) and due to not noticing the "gimmick", I guessed wrong twice.

Chapter 15, I will admit, was nothing to write home about in the "fun" department either.

Congrats on beating it!

Edited by ajmiam

• 3 weeks later...

OGJKL;RAJBOI;FDJHGIO;RDHJGIOERQJGOI;HDRFAOIVGHDRFGHIORHGIO;REHGIOPFRDHVOI;DFBNIUDERHGIRQHPQERGY[9QEHBG9IP;REQYG[9EQRBVI;REQHVP[i9ERQHG0'QEGFP8QERVUEQRGUYOAERG

….oky okay, i’m calm. I’m calm.

So, let me just get my soapbox here and...there we go. Okay…

ZFlBsYF.jpg

She this? This is a wolf critting Sophie.

SfwnwXM.jpg

ON 2%.

And this is the second time this exact same wolf got a crit on Sophie on 2%.

THE.

EXACT.

SAME.

WOLF.

GIVE. OR. TAKE.

REALLY GAME.

REALLY.

MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO?

The first time sucked. The second time was humiliatingly EVIL. ANd this wasn’t the worst way to fail. Can you say “Horse riding Hisame gets eaten alive by Keaton the Beast-Killer”? Because that happened because I didn't pay attention. He was the last enemy to so that was a kick to the shin.

Obviously someone up there wants me to hate life. Because of this one chapter. I am not going to lie, I hate this chapter. I want it to die in not only one fire, but ALL OF THEM. I don’t care that it’s not actually possible, because I think this is the part where the developers were like “oh, hey lets make the game hard now.” And considering how fragile a majority of the Hoshido units are, and considering how powerful Wolfkin are...we needed a lot of patching up.

Sigh. You didn't come to hear my rant. You came to hear my tales of wolf slaughtering. So, here we go.

Chapter 15

Wolfskin Peak

A.A.A: Everyone but Ryoma

The gimmick of this chapter is the unit type. Every enemy in this map are either Wolfskin or Wolfsengers (promoted Wolfskin). Due to being beast types, the Beast Killer we got last chapter is going to be well used. In addition, they are also weak to magic due to a naturally low Resistance

Shame we don't actually use magic as our only magic user is Azura, and the only magic weapon we have is the Bolt Nagitana, which Saizo has. Oh well, better make due with what we got than complain.

In addition, every Wolfsenger has a skill, and some carry Beastrunes, making them tougher to kill.

CJoRDKs.jpg

We sic our troops on the first four wolves, giving Hisame the Wolfsenger kill getting him up to level 19. Selkie then takes the one directly behind that guy and takes down a wolf, but is grievously wounded in the process, but on the bright side she hits level 16. Setsuna follows suit and strikes a wolf, killing him, but she unfortunately doesn't get that much xp when compared to Selkie. Finally, Sophie rushes in and takes out the last Wolf with some help from Selkie. We also get Takumi into position to lure a nearby Wolfsenger (who has Strong Riposte) and give him some Xp. We send Sazio near the mountains and hope for the best.

The best is Takumi getting hit and losing about half his HP. Thankfully with help from Saizo's Beast Killer the Wolfsenger gets Takumi’d and Takumi hits level 19.

Praise Takumi.

After all that, We get into position, and hope for the best. Thankfully RInkah a has pretty good defense sitting around 20, and holds the line in the valley. Meanwhile Aether lures a wolf from the other side of the pass. She doesn't connect, but that's okay.

h4N44ui.jpg

With enemies all round, we decide to pop the dragon vein, hitting all foes with stat debuffs. After that, we pair Sophie up with Hisame, and have her walk into the mountains to cut off the wolves who come that way. Mitama also tags along, capable of surviving the wolf who will most likely go after her.

Meanwhile back at the valley, Setsuna clears a paths for SAIZO to KO the Pass Wolfsenger, and with Rinkha's aid he's taken down. Takuimi and Rinkha finish off the last two while Aether uses her Crit Cannon powers and overkills her mark.

Praise Takumi.

FBUrput.jpg

As expected during enemy phase the Poison Wolf (yea, a trend here is that I’m just caling the Wolfsengers by their skill they have. That is their name) goes after Mitama. Selkie then rushes in for the kill, getting that XP she needs as she is the lowest level member of the AAA. Thanks to that move, Mitama has a clear shot at the Life and Death Wolfsenger. Mitama however misses on her second attack (with an eighty!) and Selkies not much help either, so we give the kill to Sophie.

1pNT4w2.jpg

Alas poor Wolf Yuric, I knew him well.

In any case, we get close to the second set of forts. We use Rinkah/Kagero as bait to lure the enemy. The big bad wolf of that group has Aegis and is smart enough not to take the bait.

Plan B time.

FjFsVl6.jpg

Reinforcements arrive at the first set of forts, and with Sophie able to hold the mountain line we can take on the newcomers with much fear. We take them out without no problem, and Mitama and Sophie continue their march up the mountain.

Meanwhile, back at fort set 2, we send Rinkah closer to the Passive Wolf. With support from Kagero, she is sure to live.

However, during enemy phase, our march up the mountain has alerted the dreaded Passive Wolf of our prescience, which may be a problem for our melee units...

O05IJxf.jpg

...and this sudden wave of a TON of reinforcements is a bigger one.

Thinking fast, we use the second dragon vein and take out the Wolfsenger with Setsuna, Aegis be damned. We take it's Beastone, and send it to the convoy for ease of giving to Selkie.

Back at fort 1, we take out the reinforcements easy, and Selkie hits Stone Rank C, letting her actually use the Beastrune we got when we get around to giving it to her. Mitama and Sophie continue the mountain march, getting ready to intercept the Passive Wolfsenger.

Fearing for the worst, we send Azura closer to our Takumi team, and give Kagero to Setsuna, hoping the extra two defense will help.

0Wy5VTv.jpg

No damage, but he had a killer uppercut.

After all is said and done, we find more reinforcements come from the west side. Finding retreat to be a better alternative to dying, we try to un. Setsuna takes a pot shot at the wolf that attacker, only missing one attack and thus not killing him forcing Rinkha to swoop in with her killer abs of rock hard defense. Saizo pairs up with Takumi and they take on the wolf horde in the lower west, building up dual guard.

By this time Sophie leaves the mountain, and switches to Hisame to speed into the fry and flank them from behind. Hopefully.

The wolves gain up on Takumi, who stands his ground, using Dual Guard to survive the fight. Thanks to the speed boost from Saizo, he builds it fast and lives!

6quYKdb.jpg

Thankfully no wolves spawn this turn. It’s still not good for us though. We fall back , setting up a meat wall as Hisame closes in with Mitama trying to catch up. More reinforcements arrive, thankfully very far away, and we start our counterattack. Selkie takes out a Wolfsenger (but it sure did hurt her!) And Takumi finally gets to Rank D. We slowly strike back, and clear out the wolf wall.

At the best part?

UqPGQtp.jpg

Yes. Yes you are Takumi. Praise Takumi

2JbVRYI.jpg

After weathering the storm, Mitama and Hisame take out the closest enemies while more prepare to pounce. Selkie is still hungry for XP, so we have priorities to juggle.

However, we math wrong and the closest Wolfsenger goes after Hisame. Thankfully his Dual Guard was up so he lived through a potentially deadly encounter. We give Selkie to Takumi who uses the passive effect of the Fujin Yumi to run over the mountain with no movement penalty and kill the Wolfsenger. This gives Rinkah a chance to run in and draw fire. In the meantime, Hisame rushes toward the end of the valley to draw fire there.

Hisame holds the line, thankfully, while Rinkah holds hers as well.

Selkie then gets another Wolfsenger kill, and with a Dual Guard ready Sazio uses the beast Killer on another, protected from a nasty hit.

However, we play it safe with Hisame, who falls back and heals up with a Vulnerary. The wolves rush him, but with a DG reddy, damage is mitigated.

Thankfully Hisame was able to wound the Wolfsenger assaulting him, so he switches to Sophie who gets the kill. Mitama thens gets Rinkah as a partner from good ol Saizo and kills a wolf to, acting as bait to lure in the other two. And strangely...

OKUS3lZ.jpg

...hits level 20. What a strange and unusual coincidence.

With the last two wolves left - one minion and Keaton - we have Rinkha get closer to bait in Keaton. He takes the bait, and on our turn we zap him with Saizo’s Boltstick to get in some damage. The real thought choice is who gets to rush in and get the bosskill for all that delicious nutritious XP.

tDF89QW.jpg

sVcZHOT.jpg

And Setsuna gets it kill!

c3u4aRF.jpg

And the level 20 from another guy! WOOT WOOT!

We finish off the last wolf, and finally finally manage to beat this god forsaken exercise in pain and suffe…

9dGdy8U.jpg

REALLY GAME!? REALLY!?!?!?!?!?. At least this time I know that Kaze can live past this chapter, and with that A rank support he lives to see his daughter.

And with that, we see the sunrise and get ready to continue our march.

AETHERS AWESOME AVENGERS

91Ew6rK.jpgbk2vmXA.jpgtPWr1Gf.jpg

fBU5UFb.jpgpXDux5g.jpgBPkWIvj.jpg

SPMFDqc.jpg5EW7um8.jpgqFLhnPw.jpg

QHQV1BM.jpgEP51Nut.jpgF9aSXTB.jpgiJF7GKU.jpgmB5dPxc.jpg

Alright, so about the delay...

I'm not going to lie: This chapter was a major fun killer for me. It was not fun, and writting was while not equally unfun wasn't a pleasuere either. BUT THANKFULLY we managed to get over this hump. In addition, with a new job eating away at free time, a Halloween costume being made, and Nindies wanting attention (love Severed and Axiom Verge btw, go play em if you haven't) it's been a little bit of a challenge going back to this game. But I'm not going to abandon this run. I said we are going to see the end, and see it we shall. And I hope to see you there with me.

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Edited by Kingofsouls

• 1 month later...

Okay, so...Halloween may have been a thing and I may have spent most of the month making costumes and well...considering my job and life in general I may have put this on the back burner. For those of you enjoying the run and were eagerly awaiting the next update, I appoligize. Hopefully I will be able to get more time into the run, but with the Holidays coming up, no promises.

Now on to the run!

Paralouge 6

Herbal Remedy

UNITS: AETHER, KAZE (FORCED), Kagero, Saizo, Sophie, Selkie, Subaki, Kagero, Mitama, Rinkha, Setsuna , Sakura, Hisame

SUho02z.jpg

So, fun fact story time. This Midori (blue haired cutie) is a Midori I am VERY familiar with. In my three runs of this game, I paired Kaze and Azura up together in two of them - Birthright and Conquest for those wondering. Also fun fact number 2: I didn't get a A rank with Kaze so he bit the big one and there was only one Midori (as much like the Highlander there can only be one). In any case, this is now my second (or third depending on how you count it) Azura! Midori. In any case, Midori snuck out of her Deeprealm to look for Dragon Herbs. Is it just me, or a lot of these kids just leave their deeprelams because reasons? Eh, questions for later.

Thankfully, daddy Kaze swings in just in time to save Midori from nameless NPC thief, but somehow loses her Dragon Hers to Candace, who took the herbs and refuses to give them back as she claims that since the herbs where in the forest, it was okay to take them from Midori as it was not steeling.

Logic.

In any case, Candace on the run and we gotta get to her.

Before we do that however, we promote Setuna, Mitamia, and Takumi because they are ready for MOAR POWER.

GJoKU8Q.jpg

Y3y99VL.jpg

xTp22Fm.jpg

For those about to kick ass, we salute you.

Anywho, on to the map itself. Ladies and gentelmen I present to you the gimmick of the map..

YAbQ7tO.jpg

Candace and her disposabe meatshields...

6babt2w.jpg

...and the LONG road ahead of us. This chapter is a chase chapter pure and simple. The chapter ends when either Cadance makes it to the end of the map, or we kill her and take the Herbs that are ours back. That being said, Candace gets a head start, and it helps her out. If we don't hurry she's going to escape, and that will make us sad.

Thankfully the Dragon Vein Gimmick is to burn down parts of the forest tree walls and make it easier to close the gap and even cut off Cadance, as Candace prioritizes getting the hell out of here alive than fighting the PC units (and considering how she prioritizes living over fighting, she's pretty smart compared to the other enemies in this game).

We however face another problem: Sazio, Tsubaki, Sophie, and especially Selkie are nearing level 20 and need to use this chapter to train to keep up with the other Awesome Avengers.

2fpjZdZ.jpg

Thankfully the trees aren't that much of a problem, so we can just...I dunno fly over them.

Our first two marks are an outlaw and a Fighter. Sophie throws her Wakizashi at the fighter to soften him up. Hisame on the other-hand swoops in and chucks his Kodachi at he Outlaw, getting a hand from Sophie to clear him out. And in a shocking and unforeseen twist...

jHoe8aY.jpg

Hisame levels up to 20! YAY. However, there are two Cavaliers up north, so we have Midori switch Hisame to a better weapon and then she uses her dank weapon to kill the Fighter.

hRvYacu.jpg

So Dank. Much power. (She crit for 48. OH yea! Also, I feel sorry for that Fighter. He died naked, that's pretty sad honestly)

After that, we move on to situation two. Saizo flies over the trees and hits the first Knight while Subaki perfectly follows suit and lands the kill. He also gets a needless crit, but crits are awesome.

Candice and her goons runs down the path, and while we can open a path now we are not. It's too risky with her meatshields. Selkie rushes in and kills the cavalier. However...there is a little problem.

The Malig Knight. With Lunge. We has Hisame pick her up with Shelter to save her butt. We get everyone ready, crowding around the Dragon Vein while Saizo, in a expected and completely forseen twist...

QKVeAlw.jpg

Hits level 20. WOOOOT. All according to plan.

ON enemy phase, the Malig Knight goes after (surprisingly) Rinkha. For a moment I fear that Aether's 40% crit chance will trigger and kill the Knight thus denying his Xp to the units who need it. Thankfully, she does not use her Crit Cannon powers, and the M. Knight lives. For now.

qupeF1Z.jpg

With Candace and her crew coming towards the bird boys, we need a plan and fast. First thing is we sick Mitama on the Malig Knight, and then sick Selkie on him for the skill. She hits 19, and that 20 is sooo close i can taste it!

With no other options, we use Sakura to open the path via Dragon Vein. Aether rushes towards a lollygaggy Fighter whom Subaki finishes off . Sophie on the other hands takes out the Troubador near the other troops, and with that...

CDHVCe4.jpg

Hits level 20!

...yea that one is my bad. I hit the button before i took the screen ca. Sorry Sophie.

Meanwhile the enemy decides to say hi, sending troops towards us while Candace and the mages run away like cowards.

1BwI94W.jpg

As Cadence and her two magic cronies make a break for it, we pass around daddy ninja before settling on killing the Fighter with Mitama and Midori. Tsubaki then swoops in and . takes out the Outlaw . We then bunch around, trying to optimize Xp. But that's not important.

JNjUyOz.jpg

THIS is the important part. And no, sadly she does not get to ride Avel. Shame really. Kind off. Sort of. Not really.

On enemy phase the mages march towards us, with the Dark Mage learning the hard way why Kagero is awesome. Mitama swoops in to soften up the Sorcerer for Selkie to finish off. Sadly not enuff dakka I mean XP. And as we approach, there is a lull in the action.

Nm5vbEj.jpg

"Take that Father, With this I take one step closer to being more than just a younger Pickle obssessed version of you. Ha."

Okay, not my best Hisame impression, but worth a shot. But lets keep this upgrade train rolling shall we?

JIBzDBF.jpg

Now that Bolt Nagitina will hurt even more! Also he can use Staves now so more healing!

As Cadence runs, we burn down the next set of trees, intent to cut her off before she bails. Midori snipes a Dark Mage, but takes a hard hit. Totally worth that level. Kagero takes out the other mage just to act as bait for the Fighter. A Wyvern Rider also says hello and dies horribly to Hisame. And with that, Selkie swoops in after Midori softens up the Fighter to take him out.

cuHh4lc.jpg

Selkie, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

...okay, if I can go on a tangent here. Why don't you look a gift horse in the mouth? It is a generational thing from the wild west that just persisted in the lexicon of time, or is it because horse bite, or something else? I never really got that.

Anywho Sophie burns more trees down pissing off Smoky the Bear even more and we pass the turn.

CZyfkWm.jpg

Cadence approaches, but there in lies the problem. A Xp Pinata called Berserker stands on a fort, but our characters are mostly content with the XP they have so far. Do we let Cadence pass, and hope that she doesn't take a pot shot at our fliers or sqishy units to get more time or kill her now and end chapter before anything terrible happens?

The risk of letting her live was outweighed by killing her now before we recrete one of my failed Chapter 15 runs (that chapter can do die in a fire!). Naturally Subaki misses on a 92 percent. With his level 20 out of reach we use Setsuna to take down the Adventurer and claim victory

KEHovXR.jpg

Insert Phineas and Ferb joke here?

And with that, we have all of Aether's Awesome Avengers just in time to invade Noir and kill Evil Adopted Dad! What perils will we face? What dangers will we encounter? Do they have enchiladas in Noir? I hope not, I'm a burrito kind of guy. Find out next time!

Stats will be posted tomorrow!

Edited by Kingofsouls

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by eclipse, November 23, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 23, 2016 - No reason given

Well Pokemon Sun is a thing, so at the moment Aethers Awesome Avengers are going to take a game break and go on hitatus for the indeterminate future.