Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

T2QgrFm.jpgthis guy is real

It's Jonathan McIntosh, the man behind Anita Sarkeesian, what did you expect?

Here's some more posts of his:

ee0.jpg

77f.jpg

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/911/107/9df.png_large

295.png

In other words, don't take him seriously.

Speaking if which, here's a answer I found, to the people who criticize Pokemon Go,

Kinda long, but worth reading:

88f.png

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over the top, but that Chris guy there has it right.

Btw, I missed a Bulbasaur the other day. :( I threw Pokeballs at it, but it escaped and ran away. Damn it!

Edited by Anacybele

It's Jonathan McIntosh, the man behind Anita Sarkeesian, what did you expect?

I know, it's just funny how it came full circle for "virtual [terrible thing] simulators". Dude's pretty insane.

Posting those picture reminded me of some pictures I wanted to post here:

848.png

288.jpg

eee.jpg

I don't have it yet, but it's pretty cool seeing it spreading around like that.

Oh, and there's this one:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/148/213/978.jpg_large

Probably a Digimon fan.

Those damn Digimon fans!

Edited by Water Mage

That guy thinks the second Bush was a stupid president and that CSI Miami was stupid. That's enough to ignore him completely (but also stay away from the yard and building).

We should have a thread for funny Pokemon Go-related images!

Edited by Anacybele

Probably a Digimon fan.

Those damn Digimon fans!

I'll be honest with you... pokemon fan are more toxic than digimon fans so I find that quite offensive... because I'm a fan of both but mainly digimon.

Seriously, you'll see more pokemon fan bash on others and even pokemon than a digimon fan would. Also from experience from showdown, they QQ ALOT.

Of course, not all pokemon fans are like that but that's something to think about.

Also anyone playing on their tablet? I find it weird playing on my tablet and walking around my neighborhood. Tablet doesn't really fit in my pocket and I have crap sensitivity because I sometimes can't feel it buzz when a pokemon appears.

Edited by Hli Tshiab

I got it yesterday when it released in Canada. I only played for around 30 minutes but managed to capture a couple of Ratatas, two pidgeys, Nidoran, Paras and Ghastly, with Squirtle being my starter. There was a Lickitung right across the street but there was a shady car hanging around so decided to pass. I'm not fond of the rowdy people who gather outside our lawn either who make a mess when looking for Pokemon.

I'm afraid to level up any Pokemon right now until I figure out how evolution/leveling up works in this game.

Pokemon don't really level up in the game. you just increase their CP (combat power) by using stardust and their respective candies (use Squirtle candy to power up Squirtle, for instance).

I have a question though. Apparently, according to the Pokemon Go help page, the window that shows you what Pokemon are nearby is also supposed to tell you how many steps away the Pokemon are, but I don't see this anywhere. Where is that?

I haven't been able to play much yet. I'm mostly using the app while walking due to other reasons (groceries, walking the dog, etc), but most of the time I haven't been able to get much. I imagine I'll start doing "pokemon walks" after I see the app working better on my regular walks though.

Right now the game is a little too much loading screen for me. (Level 3 with 5 pokemon caught right now)

Also, is there a level requirement for hatching eggs? I got my first egg from a pokestop today, but am not seeing it anywhere. Can't do anything with the incubator either.

I have a question though. Apparently, according to the Pokemon Go help page, the window that shows you what Pokemon are nearby is also supposed to tell you how many steps away the Pokemon are, but I don't see this anywhere. Where is that?

There should be pokemon footprint pictures under the small pictures of those pokemon. Though for me it's always showing 3 footprints, even if the pokemon is right next to me so I guess it's not working properly.

There should be pokemon footprint pictures under the small pictures of those pokemon. Though for me it's always showing 3 footprints, even if the pokemon is right next to me so I guess it's not working properly.

Yeah, that's what I see too, that's why I thought I was missing something. It always shows three footprints. And how do people know exactly where the Pokemon is? Like when someone says "there was a Pokemon X in this nearby location, but I decided to pass for this reason."

The footprint indicators are bugged. Everything shows 3 footprint distance, regardless of how close they may actually be. Outside of server stability issues, this is the next biggest problem with the game right now.

I'll be honest with you... pokemon fan are more toxic than digimon fans so I find that quite offensive... because I'm a fan of both but mainly digimon.

Seriously, you'll see more pokemon fan bash on others and even pokemon than a digimon fan would. Also from experience from showdown, they QQ ALOT.

Of course, not all pokemon fans are like that but that's something to think about.

Also anyone playing on their tablet? I find it weird playing on my tablet and walking around my neighborhood. Tablet doesn't really fit in my pocket and I have crap sensitivity because I sometimes can't feel it buzz when a pokemon appears.

Take a chill pill, and try to find the positives in life. Immediately talking about how toxic a fandom is, in a relatively lighthearted thread, is in really bad taste.

I got it yesterday when it released in Canada. I only played for around 30 minutes but managed to capture a couple of Ratatas, two pidgeys, Nidoran, Paras and Ghastly, with Squirtle being my starter. There was a Lickitung right across the street but there was a shady car hanging around so decided to pass. I'm not fond of the rowdy people who gather outside our lawn either who make a mess when looking for Pokemon.

I'm afraid to level up any Pokemon right now until I figure out how evolution/leveling up works in this game.

Use Pidgey to learn how evolution works. Their first evolution is really cheap, and getting more Pidgey is a matter of walking five steps in any direction. You'll collect Stardust as you catch stuff. I'm sitting on 24K right now.

Also, is there a level requirement for hatching eggs? I got my first egg from a pokestop today, but am not seeing it anywhere. Can't do anything with the incubator either.

Tap the egg, then tap the infinite incubator at the bottom.

---

Today was the Squirtle and Psyduck Appreciation Day. I need several more of each before I can evolve them, but the sheer numbers I saw were worth it. A couple days back, I got my hands on a Dratini~!

Today was the Squirtle and Psyduck Appreciation Day. I need several more of each before I can evolve them, but the sheer numbers I saw were worth it. A couple days back, I got my hands on a Dratini~!

Curse you and the island paradise you live in!

*Catches the millionth zubat*

Curse you and the island paradise you live in!

*Catches the millionth zubat*

I've heard STORIES of Waikiki. Unfortunately, that was when the servers were under a free stress test conducted by that one group, so bleh.

Find busy places with lures. Good stuff usually hangs out there.

And how do people know exactly where the Pokemon is? Like when someone says "there was a Pokemon X in this nearby location, but I decided to pass for this reason."

I'm guessing they mean "game told me pokemon X is nearby, but I decided not to search for it". Alternatively, there are those "rustling grass" spots that tend to turn into pokemon, but there's no way to tell which pokemon they turn to. And they don't always become pokemon for me anyways.

Tap the egg, then tap the infinite incubator at the bottom.

---

Thanks, this clued me on the fact that that I should be able to tap eggs somewhere, and looking around again I found the egg tab I somehow missed before.

And wow, Dratini! Nice!

The game was working for me the whole time I was walking my dog for once. Not sure if the servers are settling down or it's because most of America should be sleeping at the time, but I was able to catch a lot of pokemon for once.

For some reason the area I live in has an infestation of Drowzee. No matter where you go, they're always watching (no wonder I've had trouble sleeping lately). Meanwhile I've still yet to see a Rattata. Also got Haunter and Pidgeot, was not expecting to get evolved pokemon this early. Managed to reach level 5 with the various new ones I got, so it's time choose a team. The local ditch (technically a river) has a lot of sea pokemon like Horsea and Seel, to my great amusement.

And I managed to find a good Growlithe spot so I can get Arcanine, my favorite pokemon!

Edited by Sylphid

The footprint indicators are bugged. Everything shows 3 footprint distance, regardless of how close they may actually be. Outside of server stability issues, this is the next biggest problem with the game right now.

I figured. I hope Niantic is aware of this and will fix it. :/

That being said, I encountered a Bulbasaur again. And I got it this time! I also got to evolve my Pidgeotto into Pidgeot. :D And get a female Nidoran and Horsea! I can't wait to make that Horsea a Kingdra someday!

Edited by Anacybele

Anyone having trouble getting their Eevee to evolve to the desired Pokemon? Apparently, if you name it specifically, you will get the corresponding Pokemon:

• Naming Eevee "Sparky" will get you a Jolteon
  • Naming Eevee "Pyro" will get you Flareon
  • Naming Eevee "Rainer" will get you Vaporeon

These are the names of the three Eevee trainers seen in the anime waaaaaay back, so it's a nice nod to that.

Info taken from GameXplain

Thanks for the advice, eclipse! Managed to get to Level 5 when I evolved my Pidgey. Shockingly, they're pretty hard to come across in my area.

Yesterday, there was a Weepinbell close to my vicinity. I couldn't find it though :( Today, I saw a Mankey but couldn't catch it due to server errors.

Caught tons of Ratata, Weedle, Eevee Bellsprout and Paras.

Edited by Dark Falcon