Sylvia's pairing problems(FE4)

Flee Fleet!

One of my biggest problems in FE4 is Sylvia. I want to pair her up with Claude , but she either falls in love with Levin or Alec. One solution to this problem is I could finish chapters quickly till the Sylvia-Claude talk event , or to kill her off till Levin and Fury are lovers and then later revive her with the Valkyrie staff.

The former option is a no for me because I usually get all my healers , including Lachesis , promoted by ch.2 , and I boss abuse Chagall with Fury and Fin to get them promoted during ch.3. And I boss abuse with Maios in ch.4 to get all my other units promoted.

So is it reallly fine if I just kill off Sylvia and later revive her with Valkyrie in ch.4? Or is there any other solution you guys can think of?

if she's falling in love with alec, just keep him in the castle and he won't generate love points with her.

if its Levin then you might have a problem.

personally I've found that, despite getting the sylvia and fury scene that boosts both their love with levin, as long as you literally glue them together the entire time and take maios as soon as possible so you get that talk event that will more or less guaranteed the pairing.

i'm not the best player, but it sounds like your options are the revive staff or willingly abandon your typical strategy for the pairing.

I think love points are still generated even if one person is in the castle. Though Alec is not really much of a problem like Levin unless i do his talk event with Sylvia , which grant him tons of love points. I guess killing Sylvia off and later reviving her is the way to go then , since dancing isn't really much of a help for me anyway.

You can abuse the square formation of the jealousy system. It could help you out.

Tho, in my opinion, having sylvia not paired up/dead is better because i find her childrens' subs better.

Edited by Jose_Darkeye

Never tried Jealousy system in fear that i might mess up. And I just like the appearance of Sylvia's children otherwise I also rather take the subs. They even recieve weapons that Sylvia's kids can't.

Generally if you glue Levin with Fury as soon as she pops up you should be okay (and keep Sylvia away or next to whoever you want to pair her with). I do tend to kill her off if she still is getting married to Levin, and then I just use the Valkyrie Staff on her. Just bench Alec unless you're planning on marrying him off while you're doing this and you should be fine.

The only downside to rushing Levin and Fury is that you miss out on the conversation they have that automatically bumps them into being lovers, but at that point it doesn't really matter.

Sadly for me , Slyvia beats Fury in pairing up with Levin. There was this one time where Levin did pair up with Fury but Sylvia then instantly paired up with Alec in the same turn.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly never seem to have problems with this. I have played through this half of the game four times and never once had an accidential pairing occure. THis is probably because i do things like grind out turns for love points.

I honestly never seem to have problems with this. I have played through this half of the game four times and never once had an accidential pairing occure. THis is probably because i do things like grind out turns for love points.

Finn/Bridget can very likely occur on accident if you take too long on chapter 3 and you haven't paired Finn with anyone.

Finn/Bridget can very likely occur on accident if you take too long on chapter 3 and you haven't paired Finn with anyone.

You need to play the first three castles really quickly for that to happen, because of the "no love points after 50 turns" thing. By my calculation, you need to 18-turn the first 3 castles for fin and brigid to fall in love without ever being adjacent. I have never been anywhere near that fast. I can see it happening if you are trying to do finXtiltyu, though.

Edited by sirmola

You need to play the first three castles really quickly for that to happen, because of the "no love points after 50 turns" thing. By my calculation, you need to 18-turn the first 3 castles for fin and brigid to fall in love without ever being adjacent. I have never been anywhere near that fast. I can see it happening if you are trying to do finXtiltyu, though.

Why would you even pair Finn with Tailto? He'd honestly probably be a better father for Bridget's kids than Tailto's.

Why would you even pair Finn with Tailto? He'd honestly probably be a better father for Bridget's kids than Tailto's.

Iv'e never done it, and it dosn't look very good, but some people swear by wrath/miracle. (it's pretty broken with the right setup, its just that said setup is so hard to do.

Edited by sirmola

I think love points are still generated even if one person is in the castle. Though Alec is not really much of a problem like Levin unless i do his talk event with Sylvia , which grant him tons of love points. I guess killing Sylvia off and later reviving her is the way to go then , since dancing isn't really much of a help for me anyway.

Correct; Love points are generated even when one is in the castle, and the other is not.

Iv'e never done it, and it dosn't look very good, but some people swear by wrath/miracle. (it's pretty broken with the right setup, its just that said setup is so hard to do.

It's a whole lot of exploitable fun, especially when Arthur gets his horse.

You could also just kill off Alec. He's not that good anyway.

Oh how I do really wish to kill off Alec , but in the end I rather have him alive in case of back up or something(Which I probably won't need most of the time especially when we got characters like Sigurd and Levin)

I boss abuse for some characters in ch.2, 3 and 4 till they're promo-table , as well as heal abuse my healers to make them promo-table as well , which take a long time, which is why I probably mess up my pairings. But it's only with Sylvia.

Also , on the subject of Bridget, what pairing is better for her? Dew or Jamke?

Oh how I do really wish to kill off Alec , but in the end I rather have him alive in case of back up or something(Which I probably won't need most of the time especially when we got characters like Sigurd and Levin)

I boss abuse for some characters in ch.2, 3 and 4 till they're promo-table , as well as heal abuse my healers to make them promo-table as well , which take a long time, which is why I probably mess up my pairings. But it's only with Sylvia.

Also , on the subject of Bridget, what pairing is better for her? Dew or Jamke?

Probably Dew, so that Faval can actually hit things with Yewfelle, and he appreciates Bargain as well. Patty also appreciates the extra survivability Sol brings. Jamke's not bad though, it's just that when Yewfelle's accuracy is as shaky as it is, Faval really doesn't need to have a 25% skill growth to go with it. Plus Dew can pass down swords. Jamke goes best with Ayra IMO, since they'll get Astra along with Jamke's skillset, and always have good skills growths due to Odo blood, only downside is lack of inheritance for Ulster. Of course, Ayra also really appreciates Dew, as Dew's growths, sword inheritance, and the extra survivability brought about from Sol, all make him tied with Jamke for the best Ayra husband IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

^Wait, what? Killing them off after they're married or before in the last chapter? If you're talking about after they're married then you'll still get the children instead of the substitutes, unless i'm wrong or you're talking about something else entirely.

I meant killing them off at the last chapter because in my playthrough, Alec and Sylvia became lovers at chapter 4 but if that won't give you the substitudes then I'll just accept it. It was really my fault, I made them talk to each other in chapter 2 despite knowing it will give them Love Points

Oh, ok. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'll still get the children instead of the substitutes, even if you kill the parents at the last chapter. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.