Planning a Max Stat Playthrough of FE3 Book 1

Randoman

So lately, I've gotten the idea of doing a max stat playthrough of FE3 Book 1. Essentially it'll be a playthrough of FE3 Book 1 where I'll try to get every characters' stats maxed out (as in, all characters have 52 HP and 20 for everything except maybe resistance which I'll get to later) by the final chapter. Strategies like boss abuse, arena abuse, save-state abuse, Star Orb abuse, and the like will all be allowed, so as long as no outside cheating devices or hacks are used (I'm not considering save states a cheating device for this run).

Yeah, I know most people don't like this kind of playthrough, but I'm mostly doing it just to see if it's actually possible or not. I'm not trying to prove anything tier list wise or anything like that.

Anyways, if you guys can think of any issues or strategies that would really help in a runthrough like this, please tell me about it. I also really want to point out that Chapters 15-17 will be really key for this runthrough, since those are the chapters where the Star Orb is available. I know I could technically keep it and not use it for Starlight and Falchion, but I want to get the Falchion as well for the playthrough.

Also, if anyone could answer these questions, it would really help:

What are the deployment slot limits (including Marth) for chapters 15-17 of FE3 Book 1? (for FE1/11, it's chapters 19, 20, and 22) The main site doesn't say anything about deployment limits in FE3, and I'm not sure if FE11 has the same deployment limits as FE3.

Can manaketes use arenas in FE3?

Maxing out resistance for everyone isn't feasible, right? I mean, I have no intention of trying to rig 3% resistance growths without the Star Orb's help and Talismans aren't buyable in secret shops. So unless there's another way to boost resistance easily that I know of, I don't think I'll be doing it.

Would there be an ideal team or ideal characters to use before Chapters 15-17? I mean, I know I shouldn't level up characters like Marth, Jeigan, Barst, and Julian until I've got the Star Orb, but I can't think of anything else besides that. Well, I was thinking of keeping unpromoted characters at level 19, so they can easily get 20 resistance from level ups once they reach chapter 15.

What are the deployment slot limits (including Marth) for chapters 15-17 of FE3 Book 1? (for FE1/11, it's chapters 19, 20, and 22) The main site doesn't say anything about deployment limits in FE3, and I'm not sure if FE11 has the same deployment limits as FE3.

Can manaketes use arenas in FE3?
Maxing out resistance for everyone isn't feasible, right? I mean, I have no intention of trying to rig 3% resistance growths without the Star Orb's help and Talismans aren't buyable in secret shops. So unless there's another way to boost resistance easily that I know of, I don't think I'll be doing it.

The deployment limits are (Marth included) 12/15/15 respectively, Manaketes can't be used in the arena, and I'm afraid you've the right of it wrt resistance.

Edited by Topazd

Thanks Topazd!!

So 12/15/15 for those 3 chapters? So minus 2 from that (to accommodate Marth being forced deployed), that'd mean that I can get up to 40 characters able to Star Orb and boss abuse for max stats. And since Elice can't use Star Orb abuse without losing the Falchion and Tiki, Est, and Lawrence won't use up deployment slots for the Star Orb abuse chapters (due to being recruited within those chapters), that means that there's 41 characters that can potentially Star Orb abuse in a playthrough where the Falchion is obtained, so I'll have to pick one character to lose out on Star Orb abuse. I suppose I'll pick Radd for that. I mean, he can promote so he won't need Star Orb abuse as badly as Barst or Julian and he's got very nice growths as it is. I suppose other characters would work as well, but I'm personally wanting to stick with Radd.

Also, what is the FE3 deployment limit for Chapter 19? (It's Chapter 24 in FE1/11) I'm wanting to know since that's the only chapter where statboosters can be bought and I'm planning to deploy all characters who haven't reached max stats from Star Orb boss abuse (the prepromotes in particular) so they can get their stats boosted to max.