PoR and RD on virtual console anyone?

Dinar87

Just like the title says, I'm wondering in anyone cares about getting those games available for VC? Or they could do a remake that includes both games. What would you change about them if they were to do a remake?

It would be very nice for people who don't have copies of the games, because they go for insane prices on stuff like Amazon or Ebay.

It would be very nice for people who don't have copies of the games, because they go for insane prices on stuff like Amazon or Ebay.

True. I once saw a copy of PoR go for over £300+ on ebay...it's insane!

True. I once saw a copy of PoR go for over £300+ on ebay...it's insane!

I think I may have seen that same copy! I count my lucky stars every time, when I thought of getting both games launch day, because trying to get them now, is really unappealing.

I think I may have seen that same copy! I count my lucky stars every time, when I thought of getting both games launch day, because trying to get them now, is really unappealing.

Thank GOD for emulation or else newer players would be totally screwed. Thanks Nintendo for listening to your fans as usual/sarcasm.

Edited by Dinar87

I think there was some kind of petition for them to bring both of the games to the VC. I just remember seeing it here on the site at least.

Anything we can do to make this heard by Nintendo? I don't really have any ideas myself other than hope this thread gets popular and Nintendo bothers to look in our direction.

​EDIT: Signed that petition you found.

Edited by Dinar87

I don't know… a petition might be a good try, but it probably won't get noticed much. It would be suprising though if they wouldn't ever release it on the virtual console or a remake, as Fire Emblem has become a big series due to the rise of Awakening and Fates.

I don't know… a petition might be a good try, but it probably won't get noticed much. It would be suprising though if they wouldn't ever release it on the virtual console or a remake, as Fire Emblem has become a big series due to the rise of Awakening and Fates.

For some stupid reason, Nintendo is probably using the logic of "since these games didn't sell well initially we have no reason to port them"...yeah, because it's not like there's millions of new FE fans who are wanting to experience these games but, because of availability issues, just can't -_-

Shit I can't edit that post -_- damn computer!!

​Anyways, we can only hope that nintendo decides to look at all the new players and Ike's popularity in smash and put the two together. If they don't...we're pretty much f@cked!

Edited by Dinar87

It wouldn't be that much work to do it, at least with Radiant Dawn, as you can play it with the Wii U:s backwards compatability thing. Or maybe I shouldn't speculate much on that; I know nothing about programming and such.

Edited by Camisado

It wouldn't be that much work to do it, at least with Radiant Dawn, as you can play it on the Wii U:s backwards compatability thing. Or maybe I shouldn't speculate much on that; I know nothing about programming and such.

I think you're right as the Wii U to my knowledge has wii hardware tucked inside it so it should be fine. The fact that they have wii virtual console and they STILL don't have radiant dawn is just shameful.

It would make sense though, if they "can't" upload Path of Radiance, they'll probably wait with the sequel.

Yeah there is that to consider...or it could be the fact that, for some reason, gamecube games can't be emulated on the wii u. I'm not sure about that one though.

Sure. That and any other Fire Emblem. Luckily for me, I have a friend irl who has a physical copy of both. But I would be more than happy to throw down money for a virtual console copy. Specifically with Path of Radiance

Sure. That and any other Fire Emblem. Luckily for me, I have a friend irl who has a physical copy of both. But I would be more than happy to throw down money for a virtual console copy. Specifically with Path of Radiance

It's sure nice to see another fan of PoR...God knows we need as many as possible.

I would love it if they released both on VC because my copies are getting pretty worn because of how many times I have played both. I was really lucky that FE was not popular where I live and I was able to get RD brand new from Walmart and when I went to pick up Skyward Sword some idiot had traded in PoR at GameStop and I was able to snag it for $25, but I would love a VC release.

No. At least not Path of Radiance.

There are Wii games on the Virtual Console, so Radiant Dawn is fine. But there are no GCN games. And I'd be offended if the only GCN virtual console game was Path of Radiance instead of Melee, Luigi's Mansion, or Pikmin.

GCN games probably won't show up until the NX, and I'd expect to wait a while. Games like the three I mentioned, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Kirby Air Ride, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2, or Mario Party 4-7 made much larger impacts on the GCN than a small strategy game.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

No. At least not Path of Radiance.

There are Wii games on the Virtual Console, so Radiant Dawn is fine. But there are no GCN games. And I'd be offended if the only GCN virtual console game was Path of Radiance instead of Melee, Luigi's Mansion, or Pikmin.

GCN games probably won't show up until the NX, and I'd expect to wait a while. Games like the three I mentioned, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, Kirby Air Ride, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2, or Mario Party 4-7 made much larger impacts on the GCN than a small strategy game.

It's such a shame PoR didn't sell well at all because I really enjoyed that one much more than the likes of awakening and blazing sword.

It's such a shame PoR didn't sell well at all because I really enjoyed that one much more than the likes of awakening and blazing sword.

I don't like Path of Radiance, and I am glad that its failure lead to Shadow Dragon and New Mystery because those are quite fun. But I would have liked to see the new direction on the Wii, because RTS is way better than turn-based strategy.

I don't like Path of Radiance, and I am glad that its failure lead to Shadow Dragon and New Mystery because those are quite fun. But I would have liked to see the new direction on the Wii, because RTS is way better than turn-based strategy.

Well I'll respect your opinion but (as you can tell from my avatar) I am infatuated with the tellius series and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Why can't there be both RTS and TBS? We used to have two Mario rpgs so why not two FE rpgs?

I can understand why one specific GameCube game shouldn't be on the VC if that is the ONLY game. At this point, I can't foresee GameCube games going on the Wii U. NX hype? Maybe?

However, you can feel free to like or dislike a game however you want. But saying that you feel glad that a game failed is a bit toxic in my opinion. I don't hate Awakening, but I don't particularly care for it. However, I am glad the game did very well because I want one of my favorite franchises to live on.

Ps: I am a little shocked you don't like PoR considering that it is considered one of the easier games in the series. And you tend to like easier games.

Why can't there be both RTS and TBS? We used to have two Mario rpgs so why not two FE rpgs?

As far as multiple RPGs go, I think (although I fully admit that I don't know) that is the deal with persona and shin megami tensei. It started with SMT, and persona spun into it's own thing. So I don't see why FE couldn't do its own thing

Personally, I have been enjoying Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe. If they decide to make a series out of #fe, I would be quite pleased to see that they have vanilla Fire Emblem as well as a fire emblem that plays more like a rpg of that variety.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I can understand why one specific GameCube game shouldn't be on the VC if that is the ONLY game. At this point, I can't foresee GameCube games going on the Wii U. NX hype? Maybe?

However, you can feel free to like or dislike a game however you want. But saying that you feel glad that a game failed is a bit toxic in my opinion. I don't hate Awakening, but I don't particularly care for it. However, I am glad the game did very well because I want one of my favorite franchises to live on.

Ps: I am a little shocked you don't like PoR considering that it is considered one of the easier games in the series. And you tend to like easier games.

As far as multiple RPGs go, I think (although I fully admit that I don't know) that is the deal with persona and shin megami tensei. It started with SMT, and persona spun into it's own thing. So I don't see why FE couldn't do its own thing

Personally, I have been enjoying Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe. If they decide to make a series out of #fe, I would be quite pleased to see that they have vanilla Fire Emblem as well as a fire emblem that plays more like a rpg of that variety.

Do you think a tellius styled game would sell poorly in this day and age? Consider that fact that there's far more FE fans in the fandom than before. I personally think, unless it has waifu mechanics, it won't sell.