Is there any way to restore a saved-over file?

Emily22

So guess who managed to save over her 150 hour revelations save file because she wasn't paying attention?

(Hint: It was me)

I was wondering if there was any way I could get it back?

If not, it's cool, but i'd like to make sure before I give up all of those hours :sob:

So guess who managed to save over her 150 hour revelations save file because she wasn't paying attention?

(Hint: It was me)

I was wondering if there was any way I could get it back?

If not, it's cool, but i'd like to make sure before I give up all of those hours :sob:

I did... twice...

I feel your pain...

Unfortunatly I didn't discover a way to restore my safes...

Edited by 17thSeraph

Say, did you battle save in that file?

Because if so, you can restore a file from the battle save.

It was a battle save from my conquest file that screwed me over, and sadly I didn't have one on my Revelations file :sob:

I did... twice...

I feel your pain...

Unfortunatly I didn't discover a way to restore my safes...

Oh man, I feel bad enough having done it once, but twice?? Props to you for carrying on playing :o:

Are you playing digital? And if so, have you made save-data backups before?

If yes to both those questions, than restore away (in System Settings) until your file comes back.

Otherwise, you're pretty much in deep deep.

I have a hard copy of conquest with download versions of the other games on it... I really should have just gone digital but hey :cry:

Man, I messed up :sweatdrop:

Thanks anyway guys! :]

That sucks. I should remember to keep multiple saves as well. I have a 180 hour save and the one before that was from 100+ hours ago XD

I did notice the game keeps secret save backups, but from what I can tell, they're useless and possibly just a failsafe in case a save file gets corrupted while saving.

I winced upon reading the OP. There's nothing to be done if you don't have save backups.

There are a couple options to ensure that this doesn't happen again:

You can only make backups to your 3DS's SD card (they're like a few blocks each or something) if you own the digital version of the game IIRC.

If you own the physical cartridge, probably the most well-known option is using the third-party Powersaves device to create backups of your cartridge onto your PC (you can do this while offline!) and the device by default automatically creates a backup whenever you apply cheats to your first save file (requires Internet connection when applying cheats).

That sucks. I should remember to keep multiple saves as well. I have a 180 hour save and the one before that was from 100+ hours ago XD

I did notice the game keeps secret save backups, but from what I can tell, they're useless and possibly just a failsafe in case a save file gets corrupted while saving.

I'm definitely going to make backups after this, haha

Fool me once and all that :sweatdrop:

I winced upon reading the OP. There's nothing to be done if you don't have save backups.

There are a couple options to ensure that this doesn't happen again:

You can only make backups to your 3DS's SD card (they're like a few blocks each or something) if you own the digital version of the game IIRC.

If you own the physical cartridge, probably the most well-known option is using the third-party Powersaves device to create backups of your cartridge onto your PC (you can do this while offline!) and the device by default automatically creates a backup whenever you apply cheats to your first save file (requires Internet connection when applying cheats).

I was going to look into powersaving, wish i'd done it earlier to be honest! :sweatdrop:

Thanks guys! :D