Thoughts on the Heirs of Fate DLC?

semolinaro

I just finished it an hour ago, and I honestly enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Made me appreciate the children more as I wasn't as fond of them this time around (Forrest and Velouria being the exception).

What did you think of the DLC?

made me hate Shiro in a way. but I did love the chapters themselves especially 4,5, and 6. also shiggy finally gets to sing so

I liked it a lot... but somehow I would have liked that the kids had the same hair color from your file, but anyway, the chapters where fun.

Also, I really liked tha bg music from the last chapter, and that the royal childrens can talk with their uncles, and in the case of Shiro and Kiragi, a conversation with grandad Sumeragi.

I enjoyed it a lot. It left me wanting more in the end.

Honestly, I kind of wish that, instead of children being shoehorned into the main story, Heirs of Fate had instead been a new mode unlocked after beating the main story and it would take place years down the line.

I personally don't enjoy it a bit. I'm more into the main game but HoF sort of defies any of its logics.

It would've been better if it has some kind of connection with the main world, for example, like SniperGYS said that at least they allow us to carry on the children's profile, hairs... and such. I love how Future Past DLC of awakening gave us that, and also extra conversation with their "parallel world"s parents.

I didn't mean to offend anyone who likes the DLC, its - as I said - only my own personal opinion. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Will i enjoy this DLC if i consider Nohr's stroy to be offensively stupid and Revelations path to be way too dull? For me it's okay if it is removed from the main story, but is it well-written enough to be treated as stand-alone arc? Btw, i never recruited children in Nohr or Revelations.

The first few chapters felt pretty cool because it seemed like Ch 6 fe4 from a gameplay perspective.

You start out at beginning levels, but with an extra boost from the inherited weapons.

I liked the story to begin with but once I got to the end of HoF 4 the story was just stupid in my opinion. I really don't like the everything was just an illusion plot point as it sort of just destroyed it for me. I do admit it has made me like a few more characters more than I used to but also start to hate others.

As levels I quite liked them and would like a few more than just six. I especially enjoyed HoF 6 with the amazing music and the challenge of beating it without a unit dying to get the point blank skill.

just my opinion. please don't kill me

Will i enjoy this DLC if i consider Nohr's stroy to be offensively stupid and Revelations path to be way too dull? For me it's okay if it is removed from the main story, but is it well-written enough to be treated as stand-alone arc? Btw, i never recruited children in Nohr or Revelations.

While I can't be sure, I would say, probably not. The story is a somewhat alternate version of Revelations assuming you played through Birthright and Conquest. It would have worked better IMO as a direct sequel to those games where you use your own characters.