Please help me pick Shigure's father

Lynn

I'm trying a FeMU run and I think I'm going to marry her to Shigure. So, stat-wise, which grandfather makes a good Shigure and Shigure!Kana?

I don't desperately need a good class for Shigure from his father since my Avatar has Lancer as secondary, which I think would benefit him pretty okay. Otherwise he can stay as a Falco rallybot. (Of course extra class would be nice, but it's not too important)

Too bad M!Kana can't grab Swordmaster/Master Ninja anywhere, but none of the father gives Shigure Lancer as well, so I picked something that would benefit him. Kana will live with Nobles or DLC classes I suppose?

My Avatar is +Spd -Mag.

I'm considering Azama for Azura, he makes Shigure pretty balanced with (+3 Str) (-2 Mag) (+2 Skl) (+5 Spd) (+1 Lck) (-1 Def) (+1 Res) overall. Monk is useless tho.

Arthur (+2 +1 +5 +4 -2 -1 0) is good too, and so is Keaton (+4 +1 +3 +1 0 0, but Keaton has very bad Skl and Spd, Wolfsseigner is so precious though).

Jakob and Silas are fine (yay to Wyvern Shigure), but I don't like Azura's hair on Dwyer and Sophie. (Her hair color looks off on all children to me, only Selkie is tolerable.)

Kaden, Kaze, Laslow hurts Kana's defense quite a lot. I plan to use Kana and Shigure in both PvE and PvP, so that -4 in Def is a bit scary. I know that in competitive play Def is not necessary but I only play PvP casually with friends.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would like someone from whom Shigure and Kana benefit the most. Any suggestion would be much appreciated! Thank you very much!

Can't Kana get Swordmaster from Caeldori?

And personally, I'm a dodge/crit fanboy, so someone with lots of SKL and SPD would be my personal pick. Someone like... KAZE. But if you don't care for min-maxing, Arthur is indeed a pretty good pick, at least in my opinion. Doesn't hurt Kana's or Shigure's DEF too badly, and gives plenty of SKL and SPD with reasonable STR.

And personally, I'm a dodge/crit fanboy, so someone with lots of SKL and SPD would be my personal pick. Someone like... KAZE. But if you don't care for min-maxing, Arthur is indeed a pretty good pick, at least in my opinion. Doesn't hurt Kana's or Shigure's DEF too badly, and gives plenty of SKL and SPD with reasonable STR.

I'm not sure if Kana gets anything from Caeldori or A+ Shiro, given how Takumi gets nothing from Oboro because he already has her primary class as his sub-class. Can anyone confirm this?

I would prefer a balanced build than having one or two super stat and ignore the other. Kaze's mod has negative in Str - especially Str - and Def, which is pretty bad. Also my FeMU is +Spd -Mag, Kana needs someone with good Str to make up for the lack of damage.

Arthur is really good! But he gives one less point in both Str, Spd, Res and 3 Lck in exchange for 3 Skl and Mag, not to mention that he has lower growth than Azama so I was still wondering if he has something else that makes him a better father than Azama and the rest.

Minmaxing wise, you want either Kaden or Kaze. Sure, Shigure and Kana's defence will be arse, but Shigure will be getting +7 Spd while Kana will be getting +10.

Defense aside, but Isn't Kaze's Str very bad? Kana won't be dealing deal much damage :(

If you want Azama with slightly lower mods, a better secondary class, and an even more atrocious palette than Dwyer/Sophie, you can always have Azura marry Xander.

I do not think so, as if he can reclass to Peg. Knight, he won't get anything as the Partner Seal lets him reclass to Pegasus Knight, where Caeldori would (I think) be able to reclass to Wyvern Rider.

As for Shigure's father, I would recommend Kaze as he can be really fast and get Shurikenfaire for Butler support.

I do not think so, as if he can reclass to Peg. Knight, he won't get anything as the Partner Seal lets him reclass to Pegasus Knight, where Caeldori would (I think) be able to reclass to Wyvern Rider.

As for Shigure's father, I would recommend Kaze as he can be really fast and get Shurikenfaire for Butler support.

Derp. I have been using Caeldori as a Swordmaster for so long, I completely forgot it was her secondary class...

Anyway, it does look like with the given constellation, you won't be able to get Swordmaster or Master Ninja for Kana. You shouldn't worry too much about Arthur giving lower growths than Azama - a few Eternal Seals later, you'll have capped stats anyway. And I dare say that Fighter is going to be a whole lot more useful to Shigure than Monk.