I completely forgot Palutena existed in Smash 4

~Silver

lmao, so no joke, my friend and I were playing a couple rounds of Smash 4, and I like to go random as he's still trying to come to grips with the game, right. So we pick the stage, and it gives us a tip for Palutena, and I kinda have this weak moment in my brain where I go: "Palutena.. Palutena, Palute- who is Palutena?"

So the battle starts, cue her entrance animation, and my mind goes blank so I pause the game and look at him, and he mirrors my look. We both laugh in the moment, because.. Palutena is just so irrelevant in Smash 4. I COMPLTELEY forgot she existed, at all. And I secondary Pit!

Yeah, Smash 4 had too many unnecessary characters you want to forget after a while.

This post makes me really mad for a lot of reasons, but Palutena is one of the best characters in the game.

For one, it's ridiculous to imply that Palutena is unnecessary or even needs to be forgotten. Or that any other characters need to be forgotten.

If your argument boils down to "boo Kid Icarus bias" then save it. Kid Icarus bias is a myth.

This post makes me really mad for a lot of reasons, but Palutena is one of the best characters in the game.

For one, it's ridiculous to imply that Palutena is unnecessary or even needs to be forgotten. Or that any other characters need to be forgotten.

If your argument boils down to "boo Kid Icarus bias" then save it. Kid Icarus bias is a myth.

I'm fairly certain he was joking.

I like Palutena, but she's not really the sort of character I'd main. She's a boss in Trophy Rush though!

No need to get bunched up, Bunch. :smug:

I use just about every character in Smash, though some I neglect to use if I'm not on "Random." Palutena is one of them. I can fight as her, but I don't use the girls very often. Mario, Link, Ike, and Pit are the ones I mainly stick with.

The main problem with this game was that it gave me tons of characters I really didn't need because they were fillers. Their purpose was for just to blow up the number of characters of a franchise.

I have a neutral opinion about her since she's unique despite I didn't use her all that much.

Edit: I noticed too late this topic isn't in FTTF so my comment was a bit... superficial.

I usually don't post in the Smash Bros section anymore.

I'm fairly certain he was joking.

somewhat

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

The main problem with this game was that it gave me tons of characters I really didn't need because they were fillers. Their purpose was for just to blow up the number of characters of a franchise.

I have a neutral opinion about her since she's unique despite I didn't use her all that much.

Edit: I noticed too late this topic isn't in FTTF so my comment was a bit... superficial.

somewhat

Well, that comes with being a massive crossover fighter.

I don't think anyone in SSB4 is that filler-y, even if I don't like some of the choices/would have preferred another character.

Are you joking?

Dark Pit. Dr. Mario. Lucina. They are the only "filler" characters in the game.

Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, and Palutena are unique first party characters from popular games like Uprising, New Leaf, Wii Fit, or Xenoblade.

Mega Man, Pac-Man, Bayonetta, Cloud, and Ryu are influential third parties.

Rosalina and Bowser Jr are stars of Mario.

Corrin and Robin exist for Awakening/Fates' success.

Feel free to dislike the characters or whatever. But there are no filler characters. That's a lie. I don't like Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong or Falco that much but I'm not self-centered enough to say that X character I like better should be in the game.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario were absolute not necessary for me.

Also there are some others I didn't want to have.

But I'll stop right here before I anger the community even more than I already did. ;)

Discussing about Smash 4 ends with too much bias from my side.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

To be honest, I don't see how Palutena is forgettable.

Considering how every single one of her customs is unique and completely different, it makes one of Smash 4 most unique characters.

Edited by Water Mage

To be honest, I don't see how Palutena is forgettable.

Considering how every single one of her customs is unique and completely different, it makes one of Smash 4 most unique characters.

Unless... you know...

You DON'T use customs. As in.. at all.

It's not a question of using customs, but rather, it's what makes her stand out among the cast.

But if you don't use customs, how exactly is she supposed to stand out to you?

But if you don't use customs, how exactly is she supposed to stand out to you?

If you like Kid Icarus as a series, and the fact she's the only fighter in the series that uses a staff, and has those funky shield mechanics that even the Link's don't.

Also a Palutena player did 2-0 the best player of Smash 4 fairly recently, PrinceRamen beat ZeRo

If you like Kid Icarus as a series, and the fact she's the only fighter in the series that uses a staff, and has those funky shield mechanics that even the Link's don't.

Also a Palutena player did 2-0 the best player of Smash 4 fairly recently, PrinceRamen beat ZeRo

ZeRo got beat 2-0?! Wow, he's losing his touch!

ZeRo got beat 2-0?! Wow, he's losing his touch!

It's happened before, its getting a little more frequent now, he's still placing super well though.

@Doc, he took effort because he effectively has Mario and his moveset from Melee, so different moves to an extent. All 3 at least have varying properties that differ them enough from their counterparts too.

Edited by Jedi

It's happened before, its getting a little more frequent now, he's still placing super well though.

@Doc, he took effort because he effectively has Mario and his moveset from Melee, so different moves to an extent. All 3 at least have varying properties that differ them enough from their counterparts too.

Still though, I don't think he's really different enough to warrant being considered a full character, he's definitely the least clone-y of the three.

Well alot of people liked Mario's Melee moveset, its possibly part of why Sakurai felt the go ahead was ok, but I really dislike getting into this discussion as it snowballs into bad stuff (not saying you are saying anything bad, just experience)

Originally the 3 were gonna be costumes, but the team was like hey, we have a good sized unique roster, why not give things to the fans of these 3 characters, and I myself apperciated it, even if I'm eh on Lucina, I do like how Mario fought in Melee and I like Dark Pit as a character, so it worked out.

Well alot of people liked Mario's Melee moveset, its possibly part of why Sakurai felt the go ahead was ok, but I really dislike getting into this discussion as it snowballs into bad stuff (not saying you are saying anything bad, just experience)

Originally the 3 were gonna be costumes, but the team was like hey, we have a good sized unique roster, why not give things to the fans of these 3 characters, and I myself apperciated it, even if I'm eh on Lucina, I do like how Mario fought in Melee and I like Dark Pit as a character, so it worked out.

Yeah, the SSB fandom seems irrationally hateful of clones. While I think Eirika/Seliph/Leif would be a preferable Marth clone to Lucina since we already have Robin, I have no real complaint about including them.

I still stand by the stance that they aren't filler.