Waking up to Sophie in the Morning <3

HTakara82

gucZzVB.jpg

I wanted to make her hair without the hairband, but had no reference to go by, so I went through several hair styles for the bangs based on how the hairline goes from being pulled back. On decided on this one. I dunno how recognizable she is without her hair pulled back.

But anywhos, enjoy.

Nice, there's a lock of hair going over the right eye that goes behind the eye, but that may be an artistic decision.

How do you draw your art? Is it all on a program, or do you draw by hand first?

Nice, there's a lock of hair going over the right eye that goes behind the eye, but that may be an artistic decision.

How do you draw your art? Is it all on a program, or do you draw by hand first?

its an artistic choice, I kinda look that look.

Anywho, I draw first, than scan and clean and color in PS

its an artistic choice, I kinda look that look.

Anywho, I draw first, than scan and clean and color in PS

What do you use to draw by hand? I draw with pencil on paper, then scan it, and the lines are always a smudgey grayness, and not crisp black lines.

What do you use to draw by hand? I draw with pencil on paper, then scan it, and the lines are always a smudgey grayness, and not crisp black lines.

There's a couple ways you can go through it, I draw with pencil first.

What I use to do in the past:

Get a lightbox, get a drawing pen and and do inking on a separate sheet that way you can get a clean scan

What I do now:

Just scan the drawing in and ink on a separate layer, and remove the background penciled layer.

Her irises are too far apart which makes it look like she has goldfish eyes. If she's supposed to be looking at the viewer, her left iris should be moved more towards the right.

Also if you're going to make this into a series, I don't think you need to make a new thread for every drawing you do. Make your own art thread and post everything there :>

Edited by carefreejules