Ike X Titania should be a thing.

Ike x Titania would be weird because of the whole "we knew each other when one was an infant and the other already an adult" thing, but hey it's pretty similar in a lot of respects to Jill x Haar and that one's canon.

Titania was in love with Greil, but he died so....why not go with the next best thing, his son.

This line amused me because it's literally already the character motivation of Zelgius, except with love substituted for rivalry.

she's a mother figure to Ike and Mist, it's just wrong.
imo minus Seth, every prepromoted paladin has acted like a father figure to the main character

There's also nothing stopping Ike from being gay, bi, or asexual.

I guess that's why we can have 8 player Ike only smash

She's a paladin, not a cougar-Laguz.

LOL

Personally, I've always disregarded Awakening's implications towards Tellius' plot. I still believe Ike is asexual, at most leaning towards gay.

If they had played up him and Elincia in RD, or if RD never came out, I might've felt differently. I dunno, maybe its just me. But Ike seems to have no deep feelings for anyone other than his family and Soren.

I feel like I should clarify though, I don't have any strong feelings against Ike x Titania other than that I think Ike is asexual or gay. I think age difference is fine in fiction. Its rarely okay in real life, but I'm not going to condemn someone over it without knowing them and knowing their situation.

Edited by Cornguy

• 2 weeks later...

Second, Micaiah is way older then Sothe. The boy is like what 16? I don't think the game says Micaiah age, but I guess 35.

Not that much. Saying she's over 30 is way much of an exaggeration. Given circumstances (the fact Serenes Massacre took place 20 years before the event of RD, the fact Sanaki is 13 and can't have a sister that much older and considering Micaiah doesn't even remember), Micaiah's 23-28 years old. and even assuming she's 28, it wouldn't make sense for her to be anything older than 4-5 and not remember. Children usually remember something like that, so she'd have to be even younger (and, as someone mentioned, she's about Sothe's age, physically). Sothe's pretty much stated to be 17 in RD.

More topic-relevant:

Tiamat feels far more like a parental figure (hell, did you read her line in Ike's death quote?) than Micaiah was to Sothe (which actually felt a lot more like an "older sister" thing).

Not everything involving a man and a woman has to involve romance, you know. FE6 fucked up and did that with Roy, lol.

Edited by Soul~!

• 2 weeks later...

Not that much. Saying she's over 30 is way much of an exaggeration. Given circumstances (the fact Serenes Massacre took place 20 years before the event of RD, the fact Sanaki is 13 and can't have a sister that much older and considering Micaiah doesn't even remember), Micaiah's 23-28 years old. and even assuming she's 28, it wouldn't make sense for her to be anything older than 4-5 and not remember. Children usually remember something like that, so she'd have to be even younger (and, as someone mentioned, she's about Sothe's age, physically). Sothe's pretty much stated to be 17 in RD.

More topic-relevant:

Tiamat feels far more like a parental figure (hell, did you read her line in Ike's death quote?) than Micaiah was to Sothe (which actually felt a lot more like an "older sister" thing).

Not everything involving a man and a woman has to involve romance, you know. FE6 fucked up and did that with Roy, lol.

I wish Jill and Haar's ending was non-romantic. I object to it for the same reasons as Ike x Titania. He's practically an uncle to her.

• 6 months later...

Just no. I don't really care about the age difference, but Titania is like the mom figure for Ike and Mist. Plus I pretty much agree with Cornguy regarding Ike's orientation.

Also nice bait regarding Priam, not taking it.

• 1 month later...

To be perfectly fair, large age gaps and relationships with parental figures have been in this series for a while so that's nothing new. Yeah they're kinda squicky, but it's nothing new and no less valid than any other relationship in this series. Personally though, I wouldn't support it due to me having other preferences.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 1:04 PM, Cornguy said:

Personally, I've always disregarded Awakening's implications towards Tellius' plot. I still believe Ike is asexual, at most leaning towards gay.

...see...I was the exact opposite... 

And I'm still holding out hope that Priam is a teaser for the series to at some point return to Tellius, which I thought is what was going to happen after Awakening. 

Would much, much, much much rather see another Tellius game then a remake, or a completely new world setting like Nohr/Hoshido/Valla.

My take-away after learning everything there was to learn about Priam in awakening was—and this sorta fits with my own head-canon and how I’ve always envisioned—he’s not gay or asexual. But he’s not particularly fond of beorc in general—he sorta has the Fire Emblem equivalent of “White Guilt” over their dark history and the way they’ve treated the Laguz—he doesn’t relate to his people. He’s ashamed of how they behave and what they do. And he’s much more comfortable around Laguz. Beast Laguz in particular; Ike is Gallian and spent his early childhood in Gallia. 

…Now at multiple points in Awakening, I felt it was being very strongly implied that Priam was part Laguz. Specifically, that he has the blood of the Beast Tribe.

…And what THAT would of course imply is that at some point, either one of Ike’s descendants or Ike himself mated with one of the catfolk.

So my head-canon is that Priam confirms Ike/Lethe.  

And a return to the Tellius games in some future installment will have some very interesting things to say about where “The Branded” stand in modern society, 1,000+ years after the events of Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Shoblongoo

• 3 months later...

No.

1. No

A) No

I. No

i. No

- No

• No

Spoiler

Titania x me should be a thing. *cough*

Besides, I totally see her as, like, a wine mom. He can't bring her to his cool college frat parties if she's gonna be spouting legendary lines like "Ike baby, this wine is making me awesome =)" and "Oh hun, I drink enough water. I add ice to my Pinot Grigios =)" 

Spoiler

This post is a joke calm down lmao

• 1 year later...

Honestly the best couple for Titania was Zelgius

- Both are of similar age
- Both were students of Greil
- Both are feel admiration for Greil

Zelgius isolated because he didn't want to be rejected, however Titania is tolerant and respects all races equally.

Titania fell in love with Greil when she saw him fight, and Zelgius has a level very similar to that of Greil...

I know that their relationship can come from hate to love, because I am convinced that Zelgius didn't want to kill Greil, but that it was an accidental murder (He didn't know that Greil cut his arm tendons when facing him)

Titania never could save Greil's heart (he never forgave himself for assassinated to his wife), but would be nice if she could to save Zelgius' heart, helping him to forgave himself by killed his master.

Honestly, my perfect ending to this game is that Ike will forgive the Zelgius' life and then, in the epilogue, after Ike left Tellius, Zelgius will redeem, taking the leadership of Greil's mercenaries. And of course, Titania stays his side as his wife and support.

Thus, Titania would marry a strong man and could have his own children.
And Zelgius, overcome the loneliness...