Is it too late to get that special proposal?

So I'm replaying Awakening and I'm about to do chapter 9, and I've done lots of support grinding.

So much that I now have every girl possible save Olivia, plus my Avatar at A rank with Chrom.

But I've also grinded enough that Avatar and Chrom could hit S rank with the touch of a button.

If I don't marry off Sumia because I want her with Henry) but I do marry off Sully and Maribelle, do I still have a chance of a special chapter 11 proposal from Chrom to the Avatar or should I just hit S rank before that chapter anyway?

I suggest marrying Avatar before Chapter 11, if that's what you want. The safest way of triggering that proposal is to marry off every other girl Chrom could marry, and keep Olivia away from him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you want to marry Chrom you have to go for that S Support now, because I'm pretty sure that the priority order for Chrom's marriage if all the girls are at equal support level with him is Sumia>Maribelle>Olivia>Sully>Avatar