Bond unit discoveries

Meteor452

I thought I would share some discoveries I made on bond units since I haven't seen them anywhere else.

First the bond share between units are tied by castle adresses. Meaning the bond can be built throughout multiple save files.

Second you can make at least two bond units per pair. Where the first has your partners hair color and your secondary class, the second will have your hair color and your partners secondary class. To top things off both units can have different personal skills.

Third unlike einherjar units when you repurchase these units from the unit logbook they will retain their voice clips and won't have white backgrounds.

I thought I would share some discoveries I made on bond units since I haven't seen them anywhere else.

First the bond share between units are tied by castle adresses. Meaning the bond can be built throughout multiple save files.

Second you can make at least two bond units per pair. Where the first has your partners hair color and your secondary class, the second will have your hair color and your partners secondary class. To top things off both units can have different personal skills.

Third unlike einherjar units when you repurchase these units from the unit logbook they will retain their voice clips and won't have white backgrounds.

1. They are logbook units, of course you can share them over multiple saves.

2. http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/revelation/bond-units/

Although their initial class appears to be random, Bond Units inherit the secondary class set from both Avatars (the “Nature” chosen duringAvatar creation).

Similarly, Bond Units inherit the last equipped skill from both Avatars.

Note: Because of a possible oversight, a Bond Unit’s primary class set is always Nohr Prince/Princess, not their initial class (unless their initial class is Nohr Prince/Princess).

3. is new to me^^

Edited by 17thSeraph

I meant you can give someone an accessory on one save file and even if you delete it and start a new one the progress for making a bond unit is still stored. I found that out when I went to give someone a gift and instantly made a bond unit. Even though it was the first time my new character had met their new character.

That's an interesting tidbit about making multiple bond units with the same player. Are you sure they always alternate hair colour/classes though and you weren't just lucky? ^^

I've made 100 Bond Units and ~5 with the same person (hello Michiyo), but I've been too lazy to note down the classes and appearances of Bond Unit I get ^^;;;

As for the file sharing thing, I think that's related to you uploading data to Nintendo's servers.

Edited by VincentASM

Bond units don't always inherit the secondary class of your avatar (or of your partner avatar's, or maybe both avatars). I created a bond unit using an avatar that has Cavalier talent. The resulting bond unit has Troubadour as starting class and Archer as a reclass option. Another bond unit made on the same file has Outlaw and Archer as class options.

Edited by Roflolxp54

That's extremely odd, but I just so happen to be looking at an "odd" Bond Unit right now. My talent is Troubadour and I'm pretty sure most of my Bond Units have Troubadour as a primary or secondary class.

But I have a Diviner Bond Unit with Shrine Maiden as the secondary. Also got a Shrine Maiden with Knight as secondary.

Weird...

Actually, I noticed we both have a common class. Yours is Archer while mine's Shrine Maiden. Wonder if there's some kind of substitution going on, for example perhaps if both Avatars have the same secondary class?

Thinking about it I too have an odd Bond Unit: Samurai/Knigth.

My Talent is Monk.

Maybe it has something to do with the saving progress over files the OP mentioned, since my talent in the previos file was Samurai.

That's an interesting tidbit about making multiple bond units with the same player. Are you sure they always alternate hair colour/classes though and you weren't just lucky? ^^

I've made 100 Bond Units and ~5 with the same person (hello Michiyo), but I've been too lazy to note down the classes and appearances of Bond Unit I get ^^;;;

As for the file sharing thing, I think that's related to you uploading data to Nintendo's servers.

OK so it seems there isn't a limit to how many bond units you can make with one person. The way everything on the internet has described it had me thinking it was one unit per pair. That is good to know. As for the hair colors, my first unit from him had white hair (his hair color) and was a fighter class (my personal class) while the second one had light blue hair (my hair color) and was a dark mage (the secondary my first unit had available so I can only guess it was his). Also the other units where I have only made one unit so far has always had my talent class and my partners hair color.

And I remember reading somewhere if both players have the same secondary the bond units classes will be randomized instead.

Question on this though,, something I've wondered.

Say I have file 2 that I always update with to get visit points, etc. people visit and give me accessories.

Using file 3 I visit their MyCastles and give them accessories, etc.

When they get their bond unit, does it inherit the skill/class/look from the file 2 I always update or does it create their bond unit based on the file I used to visit them?

It depends on which avatar you updated last/one they visited for their bond unit. for you however, its based off whichever avatar you use to visit and drop off an accessory with. so if they visited both file 1 and file 2 once each and the last one you updated was say, file 2, then it'd go off your avatar from that file. not the others at all. make sense?

Edited by Hothead9323

Thinking about it I too have an odd Bond Unit: Samurai/Knigth.

My Talent is Monk.

Maybe it has something to do with the saving progress over files the OP mentioned, since my talent in the previos file was Samurai.

I don't think that might be the case since the only talents I ever ran in all my playthroughs are Cavalier and Samurai and I occasionally wound up with odd bond units (like the aforementioned Troubadour+Archer and Outlaw+Archer bond units (those are whom I've actually noticed and can remember right off).