MrStarster Starts Again

MrStarster

Yay! I didn't think anyone actually thought it was a good idea to put it on his back. I just thought it helped the look. Still, thanks Blue.

Next up, here's a few things I'm thinking about making besides the second centaur unit.

10sdxtw.png

The splice is suppose to be like a lamia or something. Edit is for the mugshot I use and the custom is Bobsong.

Edited by MrStarster

Project Generic?

25hg393.png

I always felt like the generic soldier looked... kinda dumb. I think This small edit revamp looks better. What do you all think?

The only problem I can see is the boot of the new soldier (apart from the very bottom) has very little shading. Then again, maybe this was intentional as I'm not all perfect at making sprites myself.

Using Project Generic as the unit hit. ^^ Any who, here is an attempt at a custom animation for a character named Bobsong. Untra greatsword ahoy!

24ne3pv.gif

No recovery animation yet. Just the strike.

edit: Just noticed I haven't got the belt in his last frames. lol. Welp something to add later.

Edited by MrStarster

The sword seems to shrink in size when he raises it and then grows againw hen he brings it down. Additionally, when he's bringing it up, it goes from horizontal to vertical with no in between-- I think it needs a frame where it's diagonal, or some form of blur to get up there better.

The sword swing's blur looks a little too far from the hilt; I feel like it should get closer to the base of the sword.

In addition to his belt randomly vanishing, he also randomly acquires a glove on his left hand with the down swing. :o

The shading and texturing work is just beautiful, as are the amazing details in the feet and the tiny rotations in the ankles for that motion. I'm super jealous ;~;

Thanks for the feed back. I agree it needs a frame for the sword raising part. As for the sword growing I also noticed that too but I was hoping that was just me. The glove is suppose to be there though. I think its the way I made Bobs back face the screen instead of his front. Still, I'll take all this in consideration when updating the animation. Again, thanks. ^^

• 2 weeks later...