Quick question about Tsubaki

Ebony

Due to not having much else to do I went ahead and started a new Birthright run. I've basically finished most of my runs that I did in the PMUs and such and I haven't touched it since. Now that one of my go to games is gone coughfate/grandordercough I don't have much else to do. So I decided to do one where I marry Tsubaki. Though what is the preferred ending class for him? I was thinking of turning him into a Dark Flier but I'm unsure. (I have the 3 path bonuses + Lodestar. Talent was Outlaw.)

I love Tsubaki but he has weird stat growths that doesn't quite fit his initial class. My own Tsubaki tends to have low strength, magic and speed but has very high skill and defense. I would personally put him in a physical class such as Swordsmaster, Dread Fighter or Blacksmith. You are free to use Dark Flier, though.

I'd recommend a class that gives him ample strength and speed which oddly enough would make him a pretty sweet Sniper if he gets that class. He has an extraordinary high skill no matter what so he'll be activating skills probably to the same extent as Takumi. I've tested it too but it runs into the problem that well... you have Takumi and you'd have to marry him to Setsuna or Mozu for the class. Outlaw doesn't give the same benefits sadly so it's not as good in comparison since it boosts his magic and resistance which while neat, isn't something Tsubaki strictly needs.

His magic growth is 20% at base and he starts with 0 mag so you won't be doing much with it unless you're dedicated or keep him in the pegasus class line. I honestly just keep him as a Falcon Knight, he does good enough and fufills his niche well.

Edited by Raguna

There's really no way to fix Subaki's speed, so you should go with something that makes him bulky and strong. This may seem a little weird, but if you pick the Knight talent for your Corrin, Subaki makes an excellent General with the following growths:

HP - 80

Strength - 50

Magic - 20

Skill - 65

Speed - 20

Luck - 35

Defense - 65

Resistance - 10

EDIT: Sorry I just noticed you have Outlaw talent. In that case he's probably best as a slow Master of Arms. Buy him Wary Fighter if you can.

Edited by arkel

There's really no way to fix Subaki's speed,

Stick him into Samurai/Swordmaster or A+ him with Saizo and reclass to Ninja/Master Ninja for a couple of levels, and give him Darting Blow or Speed+2. A Raider weapon can also help.

Edited by AzureSen

Stick him into Samurai/Swordmaster or A+ him with Saizo and reclass to Ninja/Master Ninja for a couple of levels, and give him Darting Blow or Speed+2. A Raider weapon can also help.

Samurai and Ninja only gives him a speed growth of 40%. Darting Blow is helpful early game but by mid game he won't be doubling anymore and will probably get doubled on enemy phase.

Samurai and Ninja only gives him a speed growth of 40%. Darting Blow is helpful early game but by mid game he won't be doubling anymore and will probably get doubled on enemy phase.

40% is far from what I'd consider unfixable. Also, I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, but even in my first run of Birthright Normal where I didn't actively try to fix his speed Tsubaki never got doubled on enemy phase. Orochi did, but Orochi has a much worse speed growth.

Get Subaki "Lucky Seven" and he can avoid and tank on the enemy phase as a SwordMaster. (Especially with sunrise)

For birthright, he shouldn't have trouble doubling on player phase because quickdraw/raider + darting blow means he'll have a good chance to double.

40str and 40 spd isn't bad and giving him extra speed wings is okay if you don't need them for anyone else.

In my experience, he can make a pretty good tank w/ avoid.

Thanks for the replies. So far Tsubaki's growths have been okay - I've gained +Str every level up except the last one and Speed about every other.

I did just realize I apparently had Aptitude from a My Castle I fought so if needed I could put that on him and then take it off later. I do appreciate the replies though, thanks. It's giving me ideas.