Thracia77Swiss (Smash 3DS Tourney): Round 3 Begins

Jedi

As per suggested by Knife, I am trying out the Swiss format of tournaments, however, since the KoD tourney is currently ongoing, the start of this tourney is likely not to be till around the 23rd or so possibly later due to the lack of sign ups currently. That's your general time frame. Looking for 16 players. For an explaination of what Swiss is, scroll past the rule-set.

The Bracket

Welcome to my 2nd 3DS tourney!

Ruleset
3 Stock
8 Minutes

Best 2 Out of 3
5 Round Swiss
No Customs

Stage List
Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Yoshi's Island
Counterpick Stages
●Dreamland 64
●Prism Tower
●Duck Hunt
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.

What is a Swiss styled tournament? A swiss tournament, is when the players all go a set number of rounds against certain opponents. No one is eliminated, instead players get points for their performance every round. Those with similar points will face off in the later rounds, the first round will be based on seeds, that Euklyd my second in command so to speak, sets up. The point setups are thus. You get 1 point for winning a match in a set, you get 1 whole point for winning a set. This will result in the winner of a set getting 3 points, but if you manage a win even if you lose the set, you'll still come out of the set with a point to your name. A perfect score would be 15 points. As we are doing 5 rounds.

If there is a tie between two people, then we will have a best 3 out of 5 grand finals, if there is more than 2 tied somehow, we will continue with another round, until there is a proper victor

The way stage choice works is thus, either both players agree to a stage to start on, or do a method to decide who starts striking stages, my personal suggestion is Game & Watch Hammer, which is when both players pick Game & Watch and use his Side B move and whomever gets a higher number gets the first stage strike. This is also a good way to lag test.

The person who strikes first, strikes a stage from the Starter list, then the 2nd person strikes a stage and this continues until only one starter stage left which is the one you both play on

Whomever wins a match, can strike 2 stages and the person who lost may select out of the remaining legal stages. There is also something called Dave's Stupid rule, where you cannot counter-pick to a stage you've won on in the set

This will keep the strict timelines seen in Joined by Fate (JBF), However since this is Swiss, the time-frames will be somewhat more generous. 4 to 5 days a round

Character Changes - While you can change your characters during the set, you must tell your opponent you are switching and who to, as is proper in an official tournament. Unless you 2 agree to be secretive, I don't mind either way

There is also the Gentleman's agreement, in which both players can agree to play on a nonlegal stage, this also can override Dave's Stupid Rule

Mii Fighters are allowed, but they must be 1111 set, sorry folks.

- Not Sure About Replays at this point of time.

- Please give me your friend code when you sign up, unless you have reasons not to do so.

1. SaltyBucket - 1822-1938-0562

3. Shadowofchaos - 0576-8055-2290

4. SilesiaLewyn - 1564-4944-8548

5. AwkwardArpeggio - 2251-6820-8636

6. Stalra - 2509-4924-7437

7. That One Guy - 2637-9971-0220

8. Right_here 2320-6803-4992

9. Zera - 1934-1617-4567

10. Elieson

11. Raguna - 1263-5952-8031

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up, though i dont have and dlc stages and the only dlc character i have is Mewtwom

FC: 1822-1938-0562

If your opponent has it, you can just press random with them selecting the stage and you'll go to the stage.

If your opponent has it, you can just press random with them selecting the stage and you'll go to the stage.

thanks, i new about that, just didnt know it worked in 3ds

this one too~

NNID: DunamisKing

3DS Friend Code buddy :P:

With the amount of matches, unfortunately, I won't be volunteering my recording services for the 3ds.

But I'm in.

Gold Zelda New 3DS XL: 0576-8055-2290

Tis fine, I wasn't expecting it!

More of a tentative join due to possible schedule problems but here I go. You'll see me as Milanor on my 3DS. In the event someone can't make it, I'll join for them so don't be afraid of not adding me in the case everyone is available.

FC: 1263-5952-8031

Edited by Raguna