Boo Camp Grinding

Michelaar

It is very hard to grind people which you have used eternal seals on, because the enemies don't have that, they hardly give any experience. Does Boo camp provide enough experience for such units?

Yep, based on what I've observed (with my level 50 Charlotte), no matter what level a unit is, if you kill a yellow Faceless, you'll get around 33-50ish exp.

It's truly a deus ex machina.

Edited by Cinbri

Word of warning for your first playthrough; yellow Faceless will try to run to their escape point (to the North of the map), but green ones will actively attack you if you're within their range so keep that in mind. I.. May or may not have lost a unit because I thought it works the same as the experience DLC in Awakening where all units just want to escape xD

WARNING: Stoneborn may also appear in Boo Camp. If they hit (they also pack Certain Blow), your unit gets immobilized.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

WARNING: Stoneborn may also appear in Boo Camp. If they hit (they also pack Certain Blow), your unit gets immobilized.

Only in Hard mode. My first Conquest run was in Normal mode (cause I couldn't pass Chapter 10 without loosing a unit xD) and the Stoneborn were a great exp source for weaker units. They did little to no damage, but need more patience thanks to their Paralys skill ^^

Only in Hard mode. My first Conquest run was in Normal mode (cause I couldn't pass Chapter 10 without loosing a unit xD) and the Stoneborn were a great exp source for weaker units. They did little to no damage, but need more patience thanks to their Paralys skill ^^

...Oh. I'm playing on Hard atm, so... Thought it was worth warning about, since I don't know what difficulty OP's playing on.

...Oh. I'm playing on Hard atm, so... Thought it was worth warning about, since I don't know what difficulty OP's playing on.

Its good. I had no warning and was shocked about their damage output and accurate hit rates in my Hard mode playthrough :'D Well, guess I forgot about the fact, that difficulty changes affect the DLC as well (it's obvious - I'm just stupid lol xD)

I do a douchey thing on Boo Camp if I'm training my Avatar.

I stand on the escape point.

It's truly a very amusing thing to watch the Faceless gather round. XD

You can stand on the escape point? Isn't it on the other side of impassable terrain?

So does anyone have an idea when I should start using boo camp for advanced units? I'm doing a max level run but I don't want to grind out low xp rewards.

I was thinking after chapter 15 but if anyone has an idea of when it scales to a decent level for levels 20-40 please let me know.

Random thing I discovered is that if you have a unit at the Eternal Seal cap in terms of exp gain, an endgame Witches' Trial solo will get a unit 5 levels guaranteed (as long as you let all the Witches spawn). The map's full of mountains for defense so it's piss-easy to clear with a Pair Up partner. Boo Camp offers more overall potential experience (and is the only option on Conquest) but the necessities of clearing out the green Faceless and Stoneborn can sometimes limit you.

For Boo Camp itself, it helps to have some overleveled babysitters for the green Faceless to suicide on and who can take out Stoneborn before they can attack. Especially on Lunatic where they Lunge-Freeze you.

Random thing I discovered is that if you have a unit at the Eternal Seal cap in terms of exp gain, an endgame Witches' Trial solo will get a unit 5 levels guaranteed (as long as you let all the Witches spawn). The map's full of mountains for defense so it's piss-easy to clear with a Pair Up partner. Boo Camp offers more overall potential experience (and is the only option on Conquest) but the necessities of clearing out the green Faceless and Stoneborn can sometimes limit you.

For Boo Camp itself, it helps to have some overleveled babysitters for the green Faceless to suicide on and who can take out Stoneborn before they can attack. Especially on Lunatic where they Lunge-Freeze you.

Bold: Zoinks-a-doinks!

BTW, do the Faceless have more skills on Lunatic? I've seen green ones with Heartseeker, Natural Cover, Seal Defence, and the occasional Seal Speed or Evenhanded, and maybe Odd Shaped. Golden Faceless, aside from the obligatory Pass and Resist Status, can have Wary Fighter, and the occasional Pavise, Aegis, or Seal Strength.

Not sure if they have more skills but they often have skills on Lunatic. Also you didn't mention Breakers so either you forgot or they only have them on Lunatic but you will see a lot of Breakers, especially on the Wary Fighter golds.

Basically Boo Camp is freaking terrible on Lunatic.

Sorry but they actually appear in the normal mode too.

@TC: Boo Camp is also a great place to level up your healers. (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=65114)

Do you guys have any tips on how to grind low-defence units like Nyx, Orochi or Elise on Boo Camp? I've tried numerous times, but they kept on dying and dying and I don't know what to do anymore.

It's especially hard with Nyx and Orochi, because even if you make it past their magical classes (Sorcerer, Onmyoji and the like), but you want to pick up skills from their physical ones as well (like say give Nyx Shurikenbreaker from her Bow Knight promotion), they deal little to no damage and get killed even faster. Any tips?

Do you guys have any tips on how to grind low-defence units like Nyx, Orochi or Elise on Boo Camp? I've tried numerous times, but they kept on dying and dying and I don't know what to do anymore.

It's especially hard with Nyx and Orochi, because even if you make it past their magical classes (Sorcerer, Onmyoji and the like), but you want to pick up skills from their physical ones as well (like say give Nyx Shurikenbreaker from her Bow Knight promotion), they deal little to no damage and get killed even faster. Any tips?

A) Use weapons with bonus damage to faceless

B) Use attack stance with a strong Unit with brave weapons

C) to increase survivebility you can put a strong unit a each of the for adjanced tiles so the green ones can not attack you, since they don't have ranged attacks (easy with warp)

2 strong units to fight off the green faceless, 1 unit to weak the yellow ones (hidden weapons for the debuff, and/or skills like Poison Strike, Grisly Wound, Savage Blow, Dragonic Hex, Seal Defence) and an unit that boosts the strengh stat (berserker Charlotte gave my Nyx +6 strengh). Beat the green with the strong ones, weak the yellow with the other and finish them with your weak unit. It is time consuming, frustrating and you have to be really cautious :'D

Otherwise you can grind their weapon skill until they can use the magical weapons.

The gold ones will never initiate an attack but will participate in Dual Strikes. If there are no green Faceless then you are perfectly safe 2 spaces away from gold ones. A unit who can kill all the green Faceless on the EP can just be in the radius of all the greens with no other viable units and they'll all suicide on that one.

One thing that can help is to send your "cleanup crew" left and right while the units who are going to be leveled break the wall to the north and wait in the middle ground near the escape point. If the babysitters do their job properly, only gold Faceless will be trickling past the other units, who can snipe them at 2 range in relative safety.

A) Use weapons with bonus damage to faceless

B) Use attack stance with a strong Unit with brave weapons

C) to increase survivebility you can put a strong unit a each of the for adjanced tiles so the green ones can not attack you, since they don't have ranged attacks (easy with warp)

2 strong units to fight off the green faceless, 1 unit to weak the yellow ones (hidden weapons for the debuff, and/or skills like Poison Strike, Grisly Wound, Savage Blow, Dragonic Hex, Seal Defence) and an unit that boosts the strengh stat (berserker Charlotte gave my Nyx +6 strengh). Beat the green with the strong ones, weak the yellow with the other and finish them with your weak unit. It is time consuming, frustrating and you have to be really cautious :'D

Otherwise you can grind their weapon skill until they can use the magical weapons.

The gold ones will never initiate an attack but will participate in Dual Strikes. If there are no green Faceless then you are perfectly safe 2 spaces away from gold ones. A unit who can kill all the green Faceless on the EP can just be in the radius of all the greens with no other viable units and they'll all suicide on that one.

One thing that can help is to send your "cleanup crew" left and right while the units who are going to be leveled break the wall to the north and wait in the middle ground near the escape point. If the babysitters do their job properly, only gold Faceless will be trickling past the other units, who can snipe them at 2 range in relative safety.

Thank you guys! :D

After reading your replies, it seemed very obvious what to do... I feel stupid now.