Important PSA

I've never heard of this before!

You have and this may seem like a joke thread but it's actually a necessity. There is too much focus on optimal pairings and not enough experimentation and just having fun with the game.

Knowing the basics, fundamentals and understanding of certain mechanics will make you a better player, focusing on optimal pairings wastes your time and won't make you any better.

what about Awakening

Of course, my statement is all-inclusive to the series.
Edited by Sirius

You're probably right about the main focus on optimal pairings. I kinda just do whatever as I go, but I could see why some people would take it more seriously. Or feel the need to pair up units.

People will quit a run of FE4 just because Ayra got paired with Azel thinking it's a big deal when it's rather trivial unless you're trying to be competitive/shoot for ranks.

There is too much worry when it comes to pairings. It's stupid.

Edited by Sirius

I wholly agree with this PSA, good sir.

You don't even need pair up to play on at least the lower difficulties either, so pairings are just extraneous.

Edited by Sunwoo

People will quit a run of FE4 just because Ayra got paired with Azel thinking it's a big deal when it's rather trivial unless you're trying to be competitive/shoot for ranks.

There is too much worry when it comes to pairings. It's stupid.

It was hilarious, but there was much regret when Skasaha decided he wanted to be the master of magic swords.

d473f41029baf50f10b131c3a9649fc2.png

I'm actually being quite serious here. The less you care about optimal pairings, the more interesting experience and fun you'll have with the games.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying here. I've played shadow dragon over 70 flippin' times, and I can't tell you how much time in general I've spent re-classing just for the sole purpose of trying something new. Now, shadow dragon isn't about optimal pairings, or pairing at all, but It fits your statement well, I think.

See, if you worry about who's the best in SD or New mystery, you deprive youself of experiencing fun with different characters. Furthermore, you don't see how much they change when reclassed to some wacky class! I've also had fun with Awakening when I paired Henry with Cherche. Optimal pairing? Not really. Fun? Yeah. And there are many more experiences that come to mind. (Like Pairing Fury with Arden in FE 4)

Edited by Lord Tullus

I mostly pair up characters for the sake of having fun, it's great!

That said as someone who doesn't frequent the Fates board, I guess I can see how this might be a thing there. I do know it was a thing in the FE13 board long ago, but I don't see it so much nowadays.

I mostly pair up characters for the sake of having fun, it's great!That said as someone who doesn't frequent the Fates board, I guess I can see how this might be a thing there. I do know it was a thing in the FE13 board long ago, but I don't see it so much nowadays.

To be fair, in Fates, pairings are more about pair-up bonus and passing the class to the spouse rather than children. Choosing the right parent for a child is not as in important in Fates as it was in Awakeing.

Indeed.

Why makes Levin!Aryur if you can have Lex!Arhur ?

Lex!Arthur at least has Vantage+Wrath. It'd be better to do something like Alec!Arthur, or Beowolf!Arthur, if you truly wished to gimp him.