[FE14] Conquest Draft: The One Where Everyone Picks Ninja for Their Talent

Conquest is pretty fun, and watching Espinosa's Girls only LTC made me want to play through it again, so why not in draft form?

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Corrin, Gunter*, Felicia/Jakob**, Rinkah, Sakura, and Azura are free for all.

3. The game will be played on Hard Classic mode.

4. The remaining three units after the 6th round of drafting will be free for all.

Exceptions:

1. Only the servant who joins you in Chapter 2 is a free unit. The other is a draftable unit that joins in Chapter 15.

2. Gunter is only free for chapters 2-3. He is not free in Chapter 15.

3. Rinkah and Sakura are free in chapters 4-6. Kaze is not free.

4. All units are free in Chapter 6.

5. Two undrafted units may be used in Chapter 10 without penalty.

6. Camilla is free for Chapter 10, and is available as a drafted unit afterwards starting from Chapter 16.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may: Pair up woth undrafted units and trade with undrafted/drafted units (but must not be in range of a drafted unit when battling).

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to: pairing up with drafted units, entering battle, meatshielding, healing and supporting with drafted units.

3. NPC units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Paralogues excluding 1x are optional and are free up to 20 turns.

5. Challenge battles are banned, as are invasion battles.

6. Use of DLC and Spotpass (including free content) is strictly prohibited.

7. The Chapter 2 servant is banned from reclassing to a mounted class.

8. Mozu's Paralogue must be completed before Chapter 9.

My Castle Rules:

1. You may build, upgrade, and use any of the following: Armory, Staff Store, Lilith's Temple, and Hot Springs. Using any other building is banned.

2. You may build and upgrade any Siege weapon for the purpose of recruiting Flora.

3. You may not trigger any conversations in My Castle.

Corn:

1. Corn may chose any gender, Boon/Bane. They may also chose any talent, but they must remain in an unmounted class. Yes, Mechanist counts as a mounted class.

Penalties:

1. Using an undrafted unit results in a 10 turn penalty.

[spoiler=Units Remaining]

Silas + Sophie

Elise

Effie

Arthur + Percy

Mozu

Odin + Ophelia

Niles + Nina

Nyx

Selena

Beruka

Kaze + Midori

Laslow + Soleil

Peri

Benny + Ignatius

Charlotte

Leo + Forrest

Keaton + Velouria

Gunter

Felicia/Jakob (Chapter 15)

Xander + Siegbert

Camilla (Chapter 16)

Shura

Flora

Izana

Kana

Shigure

Dwyer

Units:

Firnan ~ Xander + Siegbert, Kana, Kaze + Midori, Keaton + Velouria, Mozu, Charlotte

Carmine Sword ~ Silas + Sophie, Beruka, Gunter, Dwyer, Nyx, Benny + Ignatius

Horace ~ JUSTICE + JUSTICE Lad, Effie, Selena, Leo + Forrest, Peri, Felicia/Jakob (Chapter 15)

Gradivus ~ Elise, Camilla (Chapter 16), Odin + Ophelia, Niles + Nina, Laslow + Soleil, Shura ~ 128 Turns

Free Staffbots: Flora, Izana, Shigure

Edited by Carmine Sword

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm not good enough to beat the game without Camilla curb-stomping everything.

I agree that Camilla is really over centralizing, but I don't really have a good idea of which chapter she should be banned at. What would you suggest? Also, should Camilla still be allowed to marry one of your units in spite of being banned past a certain chapter?

Honestly if Camilla is going to exist at all make her free for chapter 10 then make her a draftable unit starting in Chapter 16 or 18 or something. She just invalidates all your other units and everyone just does the same thing once you recruit her. She just can't exist in those midgame chapters where she's an immortal death god with wings.

Edited by General Horace

I'm considering having Camilla free for Chapter 10 and then banned for the rest of the game. That seemed to work out in the Normal Mode draft. I know that this is a Hard Mode draft, but doing a Hard Mode draft without Camilla seems like it would be a good idea if only for testing purposes.

I'll join if there remains a free spot.

I also think it's better for testing purposes to allow Camilla with the "free for C10, draftable from C16 on" rule since she doesn't seem to trivialize the maps from then on. It's easier to gauge her impact on drafts with a restriction than a ban.

Edited by Gradivus.

I've decided to go with Gradivus' suggestion of having Camilla as a draftable unit starting in Chapter 16. Since Camilla isn't totally banned anymore, I wasn't sure if Eclipse still wanted to take part in the draft, so I'll send her a PM asking if she's still interested and if not Gradivus can take the last spot instead.

Eclipse said that Gradivus can take the last spot, so let's begin.

1. Firnan

2. Carmine Sword

3. Horace

4. Gradivus

Firnan picks first.

Also, does anyone know how to post images? I want to post an image of the actual randomized list, but I honestly don't remember how to do that.

Upload to imgur, once the upload is finished, there's a "BBCode (Forums)" space right of the picture. Copy/paste its content here to post the image.