Grinding Help

Redredc

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice. I'm trying to level up characters, where by default, their flaw is strength/magic, thus making it more difficult for skill grinding when they change to a class that can't weild magic/strength weapons.

For example: Orochi's flaw is strength. I'm trying to level her up as a blacksmith, but her strength is awful. (I suppose I could grind with her for a bolt axe, but that would take too long to grind for.) Another example: Takumi's flaw is magic. I'm trying to level him up as a sorcerer. Tips?

Also, any tips on where to grind single units would also be helpful. I'm playing on Revelation.

For my PMU, Orochi is also a blacksmith. What I did, was giving Orochi energy drops. She now has 16 strength! And to top it off, Give her a weapon that is really powerful. In my case, I gave her Ryoma's club. She can do very decent damage with it

Not sure of difficulty but on Revelation I wouldn't grind Challenges because units get forges and skills and they're kind of dumb like that. DLC maps are the way to go in terms of viable exp returns and other rewards (Gold from Boo Camp, scrolls from the trial maps, etc.). Doing runs of Plains of Hoshido (ch6) for weapon rank is effective and not too expensive, which is a good way to reach C rank for magic weapons on characters that are Magic-biased.

Another thing to consider is whether a character is salvageable in their deficient stat. I didn't bother grinding up Xander and Ryoma's Magic for example because it just isn't worth the bother (and it could theoretically help them if faced by a Rend Heaven enemy I guess), but for characters with some degree of Magic growth the trick is to get them a class with good growth (easy for females because Witch) and just kind of pound it out; I use endgame Witches' Trial as it takes a unit through 5 levels guaranteed as long as they're strong enough to solo the map with a Corrin backpack. Strength is easier because there are more classes with high Strength growth, so you might consider something like picking up the Knight tree for Nyx via A+ Effie to get General for her HP, Strength, and Defense; grind out a weapon rank of choice to C on an easy Challenge and go from there.

For Revelation specifically, unpromoted units can get a shot in the arm from Destroyed Town (ch13ish?). The start point for that Challenge is in the little southern courtyard that has only one entrance. Because of this, you can put the unit you want to grind there paired up with Supportive Corrin, feed them Tonics, and park Hinoka/Sakura/Elise/Camilla near them (though Elise and Camilla may get targeted by 2-rangers so be aware of that). That will take any unit to 16-18 pretty easily and then Sevenfold Sanctuary can get them to 20. From there having them pick off things in Boo Camp to 20/20 works pretty well for me. After that I switch to Witches' Trial. Focus on their HP/Defense first since a unit like Nyx can always go Witch later and rocket her Magic back up to par but will have a much harder time grinding with low HP.

Oh and it goes without saying but if you're grinding get Aptitude on everybody.