Next FE Game: 3DS, Wii U, or NX?

vanguard333

Next FE Game: 3DS, Wii U, or NX  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game System Should the Next FE Game be For?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • NX

In your opinion, should the next Fire Emblem game be for the 3DS, Wii U, or the NX?

We have had two Fire Emblem games for the 3DS and none for the Wii U (apart from the crossover game). So, with the NX coming in 2017, I was wondering what people want the next Fire Emblem game to be for; the 3DS, Wii U, or NX.

Regarding the question above that Dinar87 posted: how do you make polls? I wondered that for quite some time. It's the reason I didn't make this poll until today. When you make a topic, there is a very small thing near the top-right, just above Post Options, that says: manage topic poll. Click on that and you can make a poll.

Also, just my opinion: Wii U unless they're going to stop making Wii U games when the NX launches. If that is the case, then NX. We have had two FE games for the 3DS already.

Edited by vanguard333

I keep hearing people talk about the NX as a possible platform for the next FE title but does anyone know for sure exactly what the NX is?

Anyway, I'd like to see another console FE too. I think FE has the popularity to make it worth it financially now.

None, I think the next FE should be on the 3DS's successor. FE has had far more success on handhelds than consoles and, with the high dev cost of consoles, it's far safer to stick to handhelds. Maybe the next FE will be complete before the 3DS reaches the end of its life but I doubt it - the GBA managed to get in 3 games but the DS only managed 2.

Considering the Wii U seems to be practically dead at this point, I doubt it'll be that.

I would kinda like to see a home console FE title for the NX, but I feel like they'd probably stick with the 3DS. It already had a pretty large user base, they already have two games made for the system that they can build on, and they know all the fans of Awakening and Fates already have one. It just seems like the safer option.

3DS for sake of me being a cheapskate, but NX for sake of getting something new. I mean, I'd be thrilled if it were on the Wii U, I want more games on this console. But sadly, I'm pretty sure BotW will be the next and last game I buy for Wii U.

Everyone keeps assuming NX is a home console. Remember that Iwata wanted to make it easier for developers to simultaneously for home console AND handheld to prevent a similar logistical nightmare to developing Smash 3D and Smash U at the same time. In addition, Nintendo experimented with cross-buys with Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and wanted to make it easier for fans to buy a game on one Nintendo platform and get it on others, which would prevent things like having to rebuy all your Virtual Console games for each new platform.

And Nintendo keeps referring to NX as a platform, not a console. There's a lot of hints that the system we're getting in March is a home console, but it's starting to sound like NX itself is an operating system that this new console will use. And it could very well be the operating system used by the successor to the 3DS. Meaning when we get Fire Emblem on one, we get it on the other just like when you buy an iOS app, it usually works on both iPhone and iPad via separate builds. In this case, the console version of a game would be in HD (or 4K), while the handheld version would be optimized for 3D and StreetPass, etc.

Given the fact that Nintendo basically forced Intelligent Systems to shift Fire Emblem to handhelds after the commercial flops that were Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, this is really the only way we get FE on a home console in the near future if it works on both because of a unified operating system. With Wii U on its deathbed, and console NX being unproven, handheld is the priority for the next Fire Emblem.

Edited by christianponte

Yeah, I say NX for what's been stated above. There's a good chance that the NX will be some kind of hybrid or have the same operating system on two different platforms.

But otherwise, yeah, sadly it would remain on the 3DS. The Wii U is nearly dead now, even though I still think an FE game on it would've been amazing and sold pretty well.

Easily console, but even though majority of people with the console would probably buy it since FE is so popular now, there's only so many people who actually own consoles and a wiiu at that. As much as I would love more games like the Tellius series and geneaology of the holy war, console FE's always hampered the company and they've learned their lesson. They have a huge player base now but no matter how big it gets, handheld makes far more money than anything else for fire emblem.

I don''t know what the NX is, but probably that system since it can help boost it's sales and the Fire Emblem series now has enough popularity for people to effectively want it. It's been too long since Radiant Dawn in my opinion and I want to see a game that can utilize a higher storage capacity and while graphics are some of the least important things in my mind, it can help boost that as well.

In all honesty, I just want to know what the NX even is before I put any games for it but I'll take a gamble and vote for it even if the 3Ds is obviously the safer bet.

Edited by Raguna

I can see it being on both NX and 3ds. Considering they were able to get the new Xenoblade game to work on the 3ds with the graphics it had, I don't see a problem with Nintendo being able to release it on both consoles with a graphics improvement.

Yes it makes more sense on 3DS and will almost definitely be on handheld forever. But I would still love for the game to hit the consoles again, just because those games had sooo much content and now with DLC, even those games would make some decent revenue.

I'll say 3DS partly because of the larger install base and partly just because I don't want to have to buy a new game console.

Then again, by the time the next FE comes out I'll probably have started working so... *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should make titles for both handhelds and consoles. They can let the handhelds focus on higher accessibility and special handheld innovations like marriages, casual mode, and unlimited resources, while the console titles can be more JRPG, with a heavier emphasis on cutscenes, graphics, and storyline congruence. It would be pretty awesome if they could also make it so you could transfer save data between console and handheld games to unlock special items and characters.

Looks like the next FE game is going to be on a mobile, though.

Personally on the NX because we could get another game like FE9 or FE10...(I can hope)!

I doubt it would be on the Wii U(unfortunately)......unless its a remake or something.

It's most likely gonna be on the 3DS since most people have one, but an NX title would be appreciated(or heck, even the Wii U, but we have Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Wii U, which is good enough honestly if we don't).

If it's on the 3DS, it will probably use a similar system to Fates(but hopefully with a little better writing...sorry...).

If its on a home console, we could get something fresh and new(or even a remake...which I would love!)! They'll have more processing power to mess around with! But that's just me... ;3

Edited by Busterman64