How good is Bolt Axe Camilla?

_Erai

Lunatic!Conquest.

Nyx died in chapter 9 and and Odin died to a crit in chapter 10.

I want a good magic damage dealer outside of Leo.

Is it worth it to give Camilla the Spirit Dusts and leveling up as a Sorcerer/Dark Knight for Malefic Aura? I heard good things about the Bolt Axe build but Lunatic is very unforgiving.

Camilla's magic isn't stellar, and furthermore, you don't want fliers to be 1-2 range enemy phase sweepers, because a good portion of the enemy phase units that the 2 range is useful for are bow users. Fliers are best used as player phase units except when they're on flight terrain and no Kinshi Knights are nearby.

Honestly I'd wait for Leo.

Edited by Alastor15243

Quite right you are lunatic is very unforgiving there's no room for error or its going to get exploited,with that being the case dark night is best option since it has a higher base defense and can deal damage accordingly.

Personally I love the physical animation of the bolt axe but with that -20 avoid,no crit and no offensive skills it's going to hurt if there's multiple enemies around not to mention bow and magic user almost never miss,but it's all about preference and yes wait for Leo.

Edited by Antsims93

If you keep Camilla in the Malig Knight class, she should be decent with the bolt axe but she won't be dishing out massive magic damage like leo.

You don't need malefic aura on Camilla btw, because leo comes with it and should benefit any other magic user attack enemies in where his aura hits.

Even though Camilla doesn't have the best magic, 40% is decent and goes great with her high-ish speed.

Since Nyx and Leo are dead, your best magic users are Elise, Leo, Felica, and Forrest. Camilla is better as a mixed attacker.

You can capture enemy units, like the Onmyoji with Odd-handed(?) and Vantage in chapter 22(?)

I recommend giving spirit dust near endgame, so you know which character you're going to use and what they will be used as.

I tried Camilla as a Bolt Axe user and she wasn't that great. I rather her have a Hand Axe if she had to attack from far away. But I rather have Camilla be up close and personal.

If you have Bowbreaker on Camilla, you could just doing either a Hand Axe or a tome instead of a Bolt Axe.

Well, rip Vantage!Ophelia and Nyx!Nina. It's probably for the best, you get to play conquest instead of Ophelia emblem now.

Cam is better with a bolt axe than a hand axe (not saying much there). Something worth noting is that Elise can OHKO anything she looks at with the bolt axe thanks to her borderline retarded mag stat, but has a slow start in wyvern (or eats 2 arms scrolls and a robe)

If your just really bad at keeping things alive and want convenience Sorc!Leo can be forcefed skill books, that + mag weapons + nhor noble will see you through.

Edited by joshcja

Well, rip Vantage!Ophelia and Nyx!Nina. It's probably for the best, you get to play conquest instead of Ophelia emblem now.

Cam is better with a bolt axe than a hand axe (not saying much there). Something worth noting is that Elise can OHKO anything she looks at with the bolt axe thanks to her borderline retarded mag stat, but has a slow start in wyvern (or eats 2 arms scrolls and a robe)

If your just really bad at keeping things alive and want convenience Sorc!Leo can be forcefed skill books, that + mag weapons + nhor noble will see you through.

I prefer to keep Elise as healer because I reclassed Jakob to GK.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the responses.

Just give her a slver Axe and she wrecks shit

The big issue with this is that Camilla doesn't exactly have high Luck, and dropping her already suspect crit evade comes off to me as questionable.

As for the thread question, Camilla doesn't have stellar Magic, so the Bolt Axe might not be that good on her.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

If you can dip into Berserker for a spell then that + Trample will give her +10 damage with the Bolt Axe, which she'll typically double with. Crappy base magic? Yeah, but you won't notice.. There will be a lull midgame between where Camilla's initial uber status has worn off and before getting the L15 skills where this will be less impressive, though, and at the end of the game Maligknight's terrible speed cap may hinder her ability to double (might be able to fix this to a large extent with tonics/pairup).

Bolt Axe vs. Hand Axe involves a bunch of tradeoffs for her main 1-2 offence and I could see going either way, or even switching between fights. e.g. a +10 damage Hand Axe will likely OHKO master ninjas in C25 (who have good res) but it'll never double so tankier enemies will be forever out of reach for a one-round.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

Bolt Axe!Camilla is reasonably decent. With Mag Tonic, Mess Hall +Mag, and "talk boosts" (either obtained randomly or via resetting the clock to Camilla's birthday), she has enough Mt to take out most of the midgame bosses in one round with base Mag provided she can double them. It's much better than wielding a Hand Axe, that's for sure, and you're earning useful WEXP toward your Axe rank instead of relying on tomes for ranged damage (plus dealing enough damage to actually kill things).

Edited by ruadath