Coup in Turkey

1. I can be whatever kind of monarchist I want, thank you very much. I am not ashamed of being a constitutionalist. Alexander III, by the way, was unsuccessful, laying the groundwork for the Bolshevik Revolution by making a system that needed a leader as strong as himself to function.

2. Actually, Stalinism shared numerous traits with Naziism. Stalin engaged in many policies similar to the Nazis, such as antisemetism, genocide against minorities, and nationalism, especially later in his life. There were definitely more things similar than different about Naziism and Stalinism.

1. So you admit that there are many kinds of monarchs and a monarchist can support purging, torturing and such, right? Good then. It's Alexander II who failed to deal with the Bolshevik, he was too soft with them, letting them gained fame and prestige to the point they started becoming a real trouble later.

2. Every kind of government from democratic to monarchy share these traits. Get your facts straight please. America also engaged in promoting nationalism, purging minorities, and being antisemitism.

The EU needs to seriously consider it's plan of action, because if I were the EU, I would consider kicking them from every major forum, if not the EU itself. Walking out of an international agreement tends to lead to... conflict. If you get my reasoning.

And that is why you would never be EU leader or anything like that. There's no reasoning in what you said except the fact that you let your emotion clouded your head. EU need Turkey on their side, not in the same group but on the same side. Not even Russia dared to provoke Turkey that hard. Isolating Turkey will give EU nothing but trouble.

And I hope you understand that you are supporting a band of rebel. Apply this to a random country and you will see how disgusting it is. You are a bunch of outsiders, all you know are from the media, so stop being childish and stop being so dramatic about the situation. The rebel failed and that is it.

Edited by Magical CC

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I hope you understand that you are supporting a band of rebel. Apply this to a random country and you will see how disgusting it is. You are a bunch of outsiders, all you know are from the media, so stop being childish and stop being so dramatic about the situation. The rebel failed and that is it.

Unless you're in Turkey, I believe the same applies to you.

1. I support rebels when they actually have the possibility of doing something good. Since Turkey has a history of secular coups then it isn't outrageous to believe the stated goal. You act as if rebellions will always be bad things, while simultaneously telling us that we shouldn't view anything as black and white. I mean, the American Revolution?

2. Advocating for torturing and raping of rebels seems y'know, kinda insane, when if there was a rebellion in a modern western country the worst outcome for the rebels would probably be imprisonment for life. And the majority of modern western people are horrified by the idea of either torture, rape or systematic purges even happening to people they don't like.

3. The EU has perfectly legitimate concerns for not accepting Turkey - they are violating human rights clauses.

4. All we know is from the outside media, because the Turkish media is biased to be pro-Erdogan propaganda. Because anyone he doesn't like is now being systematically removed. How do you know such more than us, I would wager that you don't.

5. Telling us to "stop being childish" or "dramatic" isn't going to do anything, and is not an argument, friend.

Edited by Tryhard

1. So you admit that there are many kinds of monarchs and a monarchist can support purging, torturing and such, right? Good then. It's Alexander II who failed to deal with the Bolshevik, he was too soft with them, letting them gained fame and prestige to the point they started becoming a real trouble later.

2. Every kind of government from democratic to monarchy share these traits. Get your facts straight please. America also engaged in promoting nationalism, purging minorities, and being antisemitism.

1. I admit, theoretically, that a monarch could do this. I also admit that a monarchist can theoretically support torture and rape. They would not, however, support this because they are Monarchist's, as torture and rape are not part of the Monarchist ideology. Oh right, and also, the Bolsheviks were quite frankly not around when Alexander II was Tsar, only forming under Nicholas II. And a fat lot of good Alexander III's policies did if the Bolshies seized power anyway.

2. Terribly sorry, but not every form of government shares antisemetism, genocide, and nationalism. That's just a blatant falsehood.

And that is why you would never be EU leader or anything like that. There's no reasoning in what you said except the fact that you let your emotion clouded your head. EU need Turkey on their side, not in the same group but on the same side. Not even Russia dared to provoke Turkey that hard. Isolating Turkey will give EU nothing but trouble.

I did not support the rebels, if you had read my post about the Young Turks. I had not foreseen that the fallout would've been as bad as it is. The EU doesn't need Turkey, and Russia would not go to war with a country that is somewhat similar to it, especially the disregard for human rights.

You are the childish one, especially when you consider the absurdity of your statements. I expect the UN security council to act soon, unless Russia is afraid of being called a hypocrite. Which they won't.

Edited by Feldmarschall Rommel

I did not support the rebels, if you had read my post about the Young Turks. I had not foreseen that the fallout would've been as bad as it is. The EU doesn't need Turkey, and Russia would not go to war with a country that is somewhat similar to it, especially the disregard for human rights.

You are the childish one, especially when you consider the absurdity of your statements. I expect the UN security council to act soon, unless Russia is afraid of being called a hypocrite. Which they won't.

The second paragraph is toeing the line for a warn. Go ahead and rip arguments to shreds, but leave it at that. The person behind the argument is off-limits.

The second paragraph is toeing the line for a warn. Go ahead and rip arguments to shreds, but leave it at that. The person behind the argument is off-limits.

Oops. I'll try to be more respectful from now on, and maybe not add my two cents when I'm offended.

Oops. I'll try to be more respectful from now on, and maybe not add my two cents when I'm offended.

Sorry but my 100 bucks said that UN wont act at all. It's hilarious to think that UN gonna act on something this trivial. You are offended over stuff on internet? Sorry again but I merely observe what is happening and dont add any drama behind it. It's common sense for traitors and rebels to be dealt with as cruel as it should be so I supported that. Nobody know what is going behind the scene, neither you or I, so stop adding salt to the comments. It's exactly that I dont know what is really happening so I give a damn about the rebels and how they were treated. They are not supported by the army, it's the truth. So stop bringing that silly "Ataturk" thing over and over again. And let me use my sixth sense to predict the future again: EU will ignore this fiasco and continue to cooperate with Erdogan. For short, this event was already over and nobody gave a damn about it. It should also be noted that Erdogan was no longer interested in joining EU for years, even before the raise of ISIS.

And all form of governments have antisemitism, genocide, and nationalism. Stop pretending is what you guys should do. It's harder to find a place where there was/is no antisemitism than a place that has it. Also, the Bolsheviks were around during Alexander II reign.

Wait, you guys really think EU doesnt need Turkey and Russia likes Turkey simply because they both disregard human rights? And UN is the beacon of light and the bearer of justice? Oh dear...

Edited by Magical CC

As is, the EU effectively does need Turkey. No member state wants the refugee agreement to abruptly collapse; hampering or severing diplomatic ties isn't prone to make that more unlikely. It does seem like a choice has to be made soon as to whether to further that end or integration, though.

And all form of governments have antisemitism, genocide, and nationalism. Stop pretending is what you guys should do. It's harder to find a place where there was/is no antisemitism than a place that has it. Also, the Bolsheviks were around during Alexander II reign

Christ, NO THEY DONT. Plenty of states that are not totalitarian dictatorships have done those three things, sure. But Naziism and Stalinism have them institutionalized. And finally, no, the Bolsheviks were not around during Alexander II's reign, they formed under Nicholas II, this is an objective fact, I need a drink.

Sorry but my 100 bucks said that UN wont act at all. It's hilarious to think that UN gonna act on something this trivial. You are offended over stuff on internet? Sorry again but I merely observe what is happening and dont add any drama behind it. It's common sense for traitors and rebels to be dealt with as cruel as it should be so I supported that. Nobody know what is going behind the scene, neither you or I, so stop adding salt to the comments. It's exactly that I dont know what is really happening so I give a damn about the rebels and how they were treated. They are not supported by the army, it's the truth. So stop bringing that silly "Ataturk" thing over and over again. And let me use my sixth sense to predict the future again: EU will ignore this fiasco and continue to cooperate with Erdogan. For short, this event was already over and nobody gave a damn about it. It should also be noted that Erdogan was no longer interested in joining EU for years, even before the raise of ISIS.

And all form of governments have antisemitism, genocide, and nationalism. Stop pretending is what you guys should do. It's harder to find a place where there was/is no antisemitism than a place that has it. Also, the Bolsheviks were around during Alexander II reign.

Wait, you guys really think EU doesnt need Turkey and Russia likes Turkey simply because they both disregard human rights? And UN is the beacon of light and the bearer of justice? Oh dear...

Sooo. . .if your observation is to assume what other people are thinking (which I bolded for you), your observational skills need far more work. In other words, both your motives and your words are out of line, and if you don't know where that line is, ask a mod about what you want to post before you actually post it.