Optimal pairings for Revelations?

FujinYumi

I know this question has been asked many times but I'm looking to find if someone has made an optimal pairings list for good children or what is are good pairings to produce good children characters.

Edit: who would femu be good with? (+str/-luk)

Edited by FujinYumi

There isn't really a fully agreed upon list but I'll show you some options:

Azura x Laslow, Kaze, Takumi

Jakob x Rinkah, Peri, Selena

Silas x Peri, Oboro, Hinoka, Selena, Rinkah

Kaze x Mozu, Azura

Ryoma x Camilla. Kagero, Setsuna

Takumi x Hana, Azura

Saizo x Sakura, Orochi, Felicia

Kaden x Setsuna, Charlotte, Azura, Hinoka

Hinata x Selena, Peri, Rinkah

Azama x Effie, Setsuna, Kagero

Subaki x Oboro, Hinoka, Rinkah

Hayato x Nyx, Felicia, Sakura

Xander x Hinoka, Mozu

Leo x Sakura, Felicia

Benny x Beruka, Rinkah

Keaton x Charlotte, Camilla

Arthur x Kagero, Effie

Odin x Orochi, Felicia, Nyx, Elise

Niles x Elise, Felicia, Nyx

1st are my pairings. The rest are mostly in no particular order but if you have questions feel free to ask.

Kagero!Shiro would be a good husband candidate.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Here are my Rev pairings:

F!Corrin x Kagero!Shiro

Takumi x Azura

Jakob x Setsuna

Silas x Camilla

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Kagero

Saizo x Orochi

Kaden x Hana

Hinata x Rinkah

Azama x Effie

Subaki x Oboro

Hayato x Nyx

Xander x Hinoka

Leo x Sakura

Benny x Beruka

Keaton x Charlotte

Arthur x Peri

Odin x Elise

Laslow x Selena

Niles x Felicia

• 3 weeks later...

Here were my Rev pairings:

F!Corrin/Laslow(Great)

Takumi/Elise(OK)

Jakob/Peri(OK)

Silas/Oboro(AMAZING)

Kaze/Azura(AMAZING x2)

Ryoma/Camilla(AMAZING)

Saizo/Felicia(AMAZING x2)

Kaden/Rinkah(Horrible)

Hinata/Kagero(Great)

Azama/Beruka(OK)

Subaki/Selena(AMAZING x3)

Hayato/Nyx(AMAZING x2)

Xander/Sakura(Horrible)

Leo/Hinoka(Great, but only if you make Forrest a Butler.)

Benny/Charlotte(OK)

Keaton/Hana(AMAZING x3)

Arthur/Setsuna(OK)

Odin/Orochi(AMAZING x2)

Niles/Mozu(Great)

• 4 weeks later...

The answer to this question is, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. You can make all the children good but you can't make them all exceptional. Step one is: choose how to build your Kana, because Kana can min/max stats to a far higher degree then any other character. Step two is decide on which kids you favour (pick say 4 of them) and then give them priority on mother selection for the stats you want on them. Step three: look at what you have left and see how you can best mesh stats

With a +str/-lck you can't reach the same stat caps as say +str/-hp or +str/-def (but 1 point off isn't too much a problem). If you want to marry a second gen for a +9 str cap on Kana, Dwyer and Siegbert are your best options with Charlotte, Effie and Kagerou (dwyer only) as mother candidates. Siegberts personal skill benefits your avatar slightly more if you want him to stat boost you from pair up as well.

Some staple pairing sets I often use:

Effie!Mitama

(Gives Mitama a great str score and Azama is thankful for any physical class he can get his hands on from Effie)

Elise!Ophelia
(Elise is awkward to place as she has few viable options. Ophelia can utilize Elise without being crippled and Elise can cripple other children very easily)

Azura!Soliel

(PvP staple for rallybot Lazlow. He needs Falcon knight for mobility/rescue staves and can only get it from Azura or Selena. Soliel can utilize Azura's mods pretty well)

Rinka!Ignatus

(Rinka has awkward mods but she makes Ignatus into a brick wall. For a similar brick wall you can also do Rinka!Caeldori, but the mods only mesh on the defensive front and Caeldori would have to marry Ignatus to get general)

A good resource for reference: https://np.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4549gy/fatespairing_recommendation_compilation/

For the male avatar, I've seen this as the most agreed upon for optimization:

Mamui (Magic boon) x Ophelia
Kaze x Azura
Silas x Hinoka
Jakob x Pieri
Ryouma x Rinkah
Takumi x Mozume
Tsubaki x Oboro
Hinata x Selena
Azama x Felicia
Hayato x Nyx
Saizou x Orochi
Kaden x Kagerou
Xander x Charlotte
Leon x Sakura
Arthur x Effie
Niles x Setsuna
Odin x Elise
Lazward x Hana
Benoit x Belka
Keaton x Camilla
Edited by YTakumiY

Edit: who would femu be good with? (+str/-luk)

Basically anyone. Since it's +Str I recommend someone like Ryoma, Xander, Keaton, Laslow, or Arthur.

As said above it basically depends on what units you want to focus more, because optimization is really subjective in this game.

For example since the moment I started I knew I wanted my MaMU as a MNinja, so +SPD/-DEF is a great boon since it lets you double everything in PvP(since with a + STR you get some speed ties which mean you are doing less damage overall in those cases ) alongside not crippling my offenses and DEF being the less important stat for the class(since even MAG can be useful for Flame Shuriken/Leo Iceblade shenanigans if you use Soldier's Knife), I married it to an Effie!Velouria as a Zerker, since when paired up they can cover what the other needs, weapon triangle, speed and str,etc.

Basically is better if you know beforehand what units you really want to optimize and in what class/build they will end, if you are aiming for ingame or PVP, etc.

Also there are cases like Rinkah who is the best pair up partner for Ryoma, but it may not your preferred mother for Shiro.

A good way to start would be what the best stat of a character is(mainly SPD or STR/MAG usually) and focusing maxing it, like give a mother with good STR mods to Velouria, SPD for Selkie and so on.

Also I agree in that Charlotte/Siegbert Zerker could be great for your +STR FeMU.

Edited by Roxachronc

Basically is better if you know beforehand what units you really want to optimize and in what class/build they will end, if you are aiming for ingame or PVP, etc.

I use this tool for that. https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/

There is a slight inaccuracy, since it doesn't take your Boon/Bane into account, but other than that it's a very useful shipping list.

• 1 year later...