The Unofficial Fates Character Age Polls

Lightchao42

Thanks for making this topic the question has been on my mind for a while now.

Personally

Azura and Corrin have the same age {18 which symbolise adulthood hence the fact he did the test at this age to leave the fortress} I suppose, assuming Mikoto and Arete have the same age or at least near to the same age. My reason ? Counterpart cliché. Fire Emblem Fates is probably the most anime-ish Fire Emblem or at least one of the most which makes me assume anyone who has a counterpart has its age regarding main characters I suppose

Silas has the same age because he is Corrin's childhood friend.

Jakob is probably 4 years older than him making him 22. I say this because I assume he was a teenager {12-15} when he started working for Garon and that Kid Corrin{7-10} motivated him when he was a rookie like said in their C-rank support conversation.

Felicia/Flora I think have the same age since Felicia has some sort of powerful connexion with him.

Gunter is Corrin's father figure and he is probably in his late 50s since he talks about how much he is a badass version of Venom Snake from MGSV a veteran. He probably is soon turning 60 which would show that he is retiring after the war.

Camilla and Hinoka {21-22} same argument there but I have read an article where the author explained that Camilla was suppose to be the complete opposite of Hinoka in appearances {Flat chest-watermelons, short hair-long hair...} however they ended up making Camilla way too older which forced them to give her a more childish personality to match her age since Hinoka is older, they definetly are born in the same year.

Takumi and Leo I feel like Takumi is a year older but since he is born in December and Leo in June it doesn't mean much.

Ryoma and Xander {24-25} I am not sure but I feel like they have the same age.

Sakura and Elise: You won't fool me Nintendo those two are under age Sakura is probably 15 and Elise is 14.

I'll post my answers for the retainers later.

So I finished it... It wouldn't let me answer ageless for Nyx :(

I like figuring out the ages so heres my thoughts on the royals.

Tell me what you think (please).

For reference;

The age of a child’s first memory can vary, but usually around the age of 3-4 years.

Same goes for keeping secrets. However, some people never learn to, while others learn as early as 3-4.

Ryoma is sworn to secrecy about the Avatar’s true origins, meaning he is old enough to comprehend the situation and understand the consequences of revealing it. Provided this I think he’d be at least 5-6 at the time, or was told when he was older. I give him 6 years old.

Hinoka does not know the secret, meaning she can not be old enough to remember the Avatar’s arrival. This means she can only older by a maximum of 2 1/2-3 years.

Sakura wasn’t born yet, and Takumi is either a younger newborn or not born either (Avatar is a newborn upon arrival)

The first wife of Sumeragi, Ikona, has to be alive at the time of the Avatar’s arrival.

On top of that, she has to live long enough to provide Sakura her namesake. (B-Support, Sakura/Ryoma)

Sakura is at least 1 year, 4 months and 26 days younger than Takumi. However, it is more likely 2 years, 4 months and 26 days as Takumi remembers the Avatar’s kidnapping. (A-support, Takumi/Hinoka)

Sorry to bust bubbles, but Azura is at least 1 year older than the Avatar. This is revealed in the Hidden Truths DLC, where human Anankos tells the Awakening trio about how he fathered the Avatar with Mikoto, and helped them flee Valla, along with Minot’s older sister, Arete, and her “little girl”. This implies that Azura was definitely not a newborn at that time, but too young to remember Valla herself, since it is also revealed that her mother told Azura as much as she could about Valla as she died, saving Nohr.

It is suggested that Garon died shortly after Elise’s birth.

This could mean that Garon was already Anankos “puppet” when he killed Sumeragi and kidnapped the Avtar, as it is in line with proving war between countries and potentially destroying the world, ridding humans out of existence, consistent with Anankos’ goals.

In Azura’s B-support with Elise, she claims that she would cry in front of Queen Mikoto because she would never get to see her new born baby sister (Elise). This would contradict Garon being dead/reanimated by Anankos at the time of the Avatar’s kidnapping.

Camilla remembers Azura as the 2nd queen’s (Arete) daughter. This means she’s at least three when Azura arrives in Nohr, possibly older. She also remembers that the Nohrian siblings were explicitly not allowed to even go near Azura. Provided this evidence, Azura may have not even known of Elise’s existence until after she herself was kidnapped and taken to Hoshido. (Revelations, chapter 12, At sea, after the battle)

This same part of the revelations story line indicates Camilla is older than Hinoka, as Camilla remembers Azura’s arrival, but Hinoka doesn’t remember the Avatar’s arrival.

Leo is too young to remember Azura when she was in Nohr. He only “heard” about terrible stories about her time in Nohr. (C-support, Leo/Azura)

Leo cannot be more than 1 year younger than the Avatar. This is because he remembers his father before he got “sick” or went “cold”. However, he he would be too young to remember some things, such as his father being a ladies man, and was told rather than knowing. He does, however, vividly remembers his father sparring, and receiving piggy back rides from him. (B-support, Leo/Elise)

Wait a second, how can Leo and Takumi be the same age as the Avatar?!?!?!?

Simple. In the case of Leo, we also find out that Xander is the only sibling born to the 1st wife Katerina. The other 3 siblings were all born to King Garon’s mistresses/consorts/concubines. All the Nohrian siblings have different mothers. This means they are only half siblings, and if we are to be naive, it would’ve been possible that the Avatar (or any potential unknown sibling that doesn’t exist) could have been the result of Garon getting carried away and getting 2 of his consorts pregnant in as little as the same week. (Even though we know that it’s not the case with the Avatar.)

Long story short, the nature of the Nohrian siblings maternal origins could be used to explain (to the Avatar) the potentially small age gap between the Avatar and Leo (until the Avatar finds out the truth).

The same idea could be provided to the Avatar and Takumi. However, this time around, it’s Sumeragi instead of Garon, (and 3 of the 4 siblings are unaware of the lack of blood relations) believing the Avatar to be their half-sibling. (which the avatar can believe until they either reach an S-support with one of the Hoshidian siblings or delve deep enough into Revelations.)

This could also mean Camilla could potentially be a little as a month and 3 days younger than Xander.

Avatar, you have a lot of “half-siblings” O_O….

Other things of note;

Sakura has to be at least 11 months older than Elise at the time of the Avatar’s kidnapping. Why? Because Takumi remembers the kidnapping. As mentioned above, and he is at least 1 year, 4 months and 26 days older than Sakura.

Xander is presumed to be younger than Ryoma (but about same age), and Takumi is presumed to be younger than Leo (by like 5 months and 14 days).

I’ve made Leo older than Takumi, because if the player chose a birthday between December 14-31, it would make one or both younger brother’s older than the Avatar, and that’s a no-no. You could potentially try and make Takumi one year younger, and Leo 1 1/2 years younger, but then we have an inconsistency with Leo’s memory in his B-support with Elise. He (most likely) wouldn’t remember the memories of his father as he would be too young to have them prior to the Avatar’s kidnapping (he’d be 2 1/2). You could argue that Leo could’ve had those memories due to being an intellectual prodigy, but in spite of the latter being true, that in itself is not proof of having those memories at that age. In fact, there’s no way to prove it. Long story short, Leo is older than Takumi due to inconsistencies the reverse would have on the theory. ( I actually came about this problem testing my theory using my brother’s birthday for the Avatar (December 31)).

Okay, let’s test this; I’ll start by using my own birthday for the Avatar. (June 24)

This makes;

Ryoma about 6 years, 1 month and 23 days older than the Avatar

Xander about 5 years, 7 months, and 28 days older than the Avatar

Camilla as young as 3 years, 6 months and 24-25 days or as old as 5 years 6 months and 24-25 days older than the Avatar

Hinoka about 2 years, 10 months and 6 days older than the Avatar

Azura about 1 year, 3 months and 21 days older than the Avatar

Leo about 6 days younger than the Avatar (yeah, 6…)

Takumi about 5 months and 20 days younger than the Avatar

Sakura about 2 years, 9 months and 16 days younger than the Avatar

Elise about 3 years, 8 months and 26 days younger than the Avatar

So if we took these differences in age into consideration, it would look kind of like this around the time of the kidnapping, from oldest to youngest;

Ryoma - 10+

Xander - 9+

Camilla - 7-9

Hinoka - 6

Azura - 5

Leo - 3-4

Takumi - 3

Sakura - 1

Elise - less than 1 year old

Heh, and Hinoka picks up the naginata at 7 years (C-Support, Hinoka/Camilla, english only), because they wanted to get the Avatar back (supports between Hinoka/Avatar). What a coincidence!

This took about a week, but it seems to work, appears consistent with the things (supports and story) provided in the game.

I wanted to find the age differences and be able to scale their ages upon the Avatar’s “coming of age. This theory allows for that, as the game does not specify the amount of time the Avatar spent in Nohr.

Provided we use this theory, the ages of the siblings would differ at the start of the game, dependant of the player’s definition of “coming of age”. For example, if one considered “coming of age” to be 18, regardless of the birthday chosen, the character’s ages would look something like this;

Ryoma - 24+

Xander - 23+

Camilla - 21-23

Hinoka - 20

Azura - 19

Leo - 17/18

Takumi - 17

Sakura - 14/15

Elise - 13/14

I think you put way more thought into this than the game developers did. Seriously in my opinion, they only went like, make 4 siblings, older brother and sister and younger brother and sister and have avatar be the beloved middle child of both families. And everything else is just a vague picture painted by the fans grasping at information from everywhere.

But it was actually a really interesting read, and I kind of see your point.

I think you put way more thought into this than the game developers did. Seriously in my opinion, they only went like, make 4 siblings, older brother and sister and younger brother and sister and have avatar be the beloved middle child of both families. And everything else is just a vague picture painted by the fans grasping at information from everywhere.

But it was actually a really interesting read, and I kind of see your point.

Oh, thanks XD. Tbh, once I take notice of something, I won't stop till I've solved it. This is a good example of this, because I noticed an inconsistency during my Revelations play through. And about a week of searching for plot points and support convos, this is what came to be XD. I noticed that many people found info but never really linked it together.