Does anyone have a picture they can show of their code for making a defeat the boss chapter? (FE7)

TwoFacesOfEvil

I have gotten very far into my first chapter creation. (Took about a week) But I NEED to know how to make it a defeat the boss chapter, as right now it's still the default seize objective from Lyn's tutorial. If anyone could post a pick of example code that would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm going to assume you're writing custom events. Otherwise, you'll need to editing the existing events to get this to work.

In the MiscEvents section, just put DefeatBoss(labelOfTheEndingEvent). Example:

Misc_events:
DefeatBoss(Ending_event)
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
END_MAIN

If you're editing vanilla events, you'll also want to go to the LocationBasedEvents section, and remove the LOCA line that has the coordinates of the seize point.

the DefeatBoss macro just checks to see if ID 0x02 has been ticked(chapter boss quotes are typically 0x01, chapter boss quote is 0x02). So apply that ID to the death quote of the boss and it will know to end the chapter.

Break the macro down and look at it

#define DefeatBoss(offset) "AFEV 0 offset 2"

It's saying if at any point does ID 0x02 get ticked, immediatly ignore everything else and go to "offset"(which in most cases, you'd put Ending_event)

So give your boss's death quote the 0x02 ID and it should be fine.