Question on Promoting/Class Changing

jaredneumann

Hi there, this is my first time posting here, but I've come and read alot of the forums since i started playing cipher.

A friend and I had a disagreement on a mechanic in the game. According to the rules on the cipher page, you can class change a card into itself and it counts as a class change (i.e. I can play the 3/2 cost Ike on top of that same 3/2 cost Ike using 2 "deployment cost" and that would be considered a class change since i used the promotion cost so i would draw a card.) I just wanted to confirm that this is indeed the ruling, and that I'm not just getting confused. Furthermore, would i be able to "class change" a 5/4 cost Ike card by playing the aforementioned 3/2 cost Ike on top of it and then draw a card?

Thanks for any insight you can lend!

-Jared

Edited by jaredneumann

That is in fact the case, as far as a card with the name of said unit is deployed in the field you can pay the class change cost to deploy it on top of said unit and draw a card.

There's a TCG game??? O.O

If you're referring to Fire Emblem TCG that ceased a long while back.

If we're talking about Cipher then yeah, there is a Fire Emblem TCG in the form of Cipher.

(Currently only in Japan).