[FEXP] Fire Emblem: Cream Connections

Melissa

Fire Emblem: Cream Connections is the working title of a ROM hack of FE8 an FEXP project, featuring a whole new cast and an original story. Set in the world of Mega Man Battle Network, it follows siblings "Gardy", Joanne, Rachel, and Melissa in their search for their missing sister Samantha.
--Features--
New maps
Third-tier classes
Expanded  Original roster
Base conversations
About 31 story chapters
More items, with certain characters getting their own arsenals Final Fantasy-style

--Other planned features--
--Original Soundtrack
--Updated sprites

Edited by Melissa
New title, spoiler-free intro post

Cool, FE8 stuff.

I would love to help but I have 0 talent when it comes to portraits, music and mapping. Mostly because I've never tried.

I do want to learn all three though.

I'd be more than happy to help when it comes to other things though. I have lots of free time, and I should also have access to my good computer in a few days. Script, character design (I DO have good art, just not pixel-art FE portrait-ing), etc. It would also give me some more experience before I eventually start learning to hack GBA FE myself.

Whether or not you need help, I'll probably follow this hack. I like the ideas you've set forth so far.

Edited by TrueEm

Oh, cool, FE8 is the future.

In a few months you'll have a wide variety of tools to help with some of the things you want; Namely, higher stats for support for 3rd tier classes.

Base convos should be just a pipe dream, though.

Playable cast so far: http://pastebin.com/0Tv1x3W6

Cool. Some things I noticed:

Some characters have the same names as other FE characters, I'm fine with that, as long as they're actually different characters, but I don't know how other people will react to it.

Main Lord is a Lance unit. I'm cool with that. Hopefully that means Mercs/Myrms in Chapter 1 instead of Pirates, Fighters and/or Brigands.

Is his class name going to change, or will Halberdier be an exclusive class to him?

M-miku? She better have light blue hair in twintails. :Kappa:

Also a Light Blue Twintail haired character thats a Myrm is basically my wet dream.

I noticed a lot of the same class with 2 units joining in the same chapter. Are we going for some Cain and Abel stuff here? Cain and Abel Shamans sounds awesome.

Lastly, are these just placed randomly in Chapters, or do you have a story written out? Same goes for the characters themselves, do they have anything about them planned, or are they just names and classes? Either way, it's good early planning.

Also I just noticed there's a Len as well.

Edited by TrueEm

Oh, sorry.

1. I'll find a way to spread the join times out

2. Names are either people I know, ones I've heard or their bearers outright (Characters sharing names with others was an afterthought)

3. I need more class variety and some help with this (I'm using the ones from FE10)

Edited by CountessGardy

Oh, sorry.

1. I'll find a way to spread the join times out

2. Names are either people I know, ones I've heard or their bearers outright (Characters sharing names with others was an afterthought)

3. I need more class variety and some help with this (I'm using the ones from FE10)

Sorry? You don't need to be sorry, it's your hack.

Maybe design a character for the role you want them to fill and them name them? I'm not good with this type of stuff tbh.

Eh, using FE10 classes is fine. I think there just needs to be more variety.

What are you working on right now? Just curious.

• 2 months later...

I use GIMP and Usenti for sprites, but pretty much everyone has their own tastes for spriting.

This thread has a bunch of things that may or may not be useful to you:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55072

You might also want to look through/search feuniverse.us for tools and programs. There's also a Discord server over there if you want to pop in and ask questions. It's a pretty swell hangout for a bunch of knowledgeable hackers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: This is now a sequel to Chromatus' Light of Malice, with some characters from this game appearing in that one and vice versa

Edited by CountessGardy

I approve :):

Wish I could help with some of the aspects, but I'm not experienced with FE hacking...or hacking at all in general.

By the way, just want to let you know that "odyssey" is spelt wrong (Unless it's a different word I don't know the meaning off?).

Edited by Power Master
Odyssey