twice

56 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Amiibo in Fates?

• Marth
    • Ike
    • Lucina
    • Robin

What one do you favor?

And which FE amiibo is the best one to use game-wise?

(I only have Marth, and Roy. But obviously Roy isn't compatible lol.. )

Edited by Jin

Lucina for both. She has well-balanced stats and I love giving units the Bear Hat and Butterfly Mask.

The only other amiibo I have is Robin, who imo is much worse gameplay-wise. His skill stat is amazing, but his speed and luck are too low for me.

I would say Ike, as Ragnell has 1-2 range which other ambiio sword users such as Marth and Lucina doesn't have. His strength and defense are incredibly good and keeps him useful throughout the game/path. His only problem is speed, which can fixed by making him reclass into a lodestar.

I literally just got Marth 4 days ago, and Ike like... less than half an hour ago.

Marth, probably because I'm kinda glad he's in English finally. Although if it changes when/if we get a new Smash, it'll be sad to see the Jpn voice which I still thoroughly enjoy, go.

As has been said already on this thread, the Falchion, and by extension Marth, can plow through a MU team.

I do love the little lines Lucy and Robin have with the Awakening Trio, as well as the accessories. However, I neither own them currently, and probably won't be able to for a looooong while.

The bear hat is because of Frederick, right? lol

Anyway, my answer should be obvious. lol Just look at my avy and one of the sprites in my sig. <3 I'm so glad he's really good in the game too!

Xaddgx: I personally found Ike's res to be much more of a problem than his speed. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Not as rare as it used to be.

Reflet/Robin is 20 bucks on amazon instead of 45 and up.

Lucina is still 30 and up probably due to daughter/waifu bias.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah, but I've been seeing Ike and Marth go for cheaper.

EDIT: Well, now that I look again, Ike is still over $20 while Marth is $18. Guess they're not that much more common anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

Not as rare as it used to be.

Reflet/Robin is 20 bucks on amazon instead of 45 and up.

Lucina is still 30 and up probably due to daughter/waifu bias.

She may mean in North America, where they still haven't had a reprint. No updates on the CPSIA site.

Still, you're right.

She may mean in North America, where they still haven't had a reprint. No updates on the CPSIA site.

Still, you're right.

Yeah, they definitely haven't had a reprint in NA. I think only Japan has gotten a restock of them.

Either Marth or Lucina. Lucina has the most balanced stats, but I feel like Marth is a better offensive unit due to S ranking, sword exclusive bonuses and his skills. Lucina has a strength advantage, but Marth's slightly stronger Falchion makes up for it. I ended up accidentally beating both Garon and Takumi with him in my first Conquest playthrough due to lucky RNG.

Edited by NeonZ

Ike is probably the best because 2-range sword, a lot of strength, a lot of defense, a lot of HP in a game where HP is low, and Aether and Strengthtaker are the bomb. Veteran's Intuition is also pretty handy because it makes Ike dodgy despite having lowish speed.

Edited by Anacybele

I ended up accidentally beating both Garon and Takumi with him in my first Conquest playthrough due to lucky RNG.

Goddammit, Marth, this isn't the game for you to steal the final kill; that's for SD and MotE, where it actually makes canological sense.

I wouldn't know which amiibo is best because I have none of them. So I can only judge based on their classes. And I say that it's hard to decide; probably Lucy for the nice set of skills and the ability to use both blades and lances, with Robin as a good second due to his awesome rally-bot skill.

Ike is probably the best because 2-range sword, a lot of strength, a lot of defense, a lot of HP in a game where HP is low, and Aether and Strengthtaker are the bomb. Veteran's Intuition is also pretty handy because it makes Ike dodgy despite having lowish speed.

Or Ike, I suppose, due to him carrying a unique utility that most others in Fates don't have. We have super speedy units (just about everyone in Birthright), well-balanced units (Oboro, Xander, etc.), and strength-and-magic utility units (Odin, Leo, etc.), but we hardly have any super strength/defense/HP units (goddammit, Azura, we just needed the other two from you!) with taker/healing/defense-halving skills. So kudos to Dwight Eisenhower for bringing a bomber to the team.

Again, it's hard for me to decide. I just listed three as my top picks, and I'm sure Marth's good, too.

Yeah, it honestly doesn't seem like any of the Amiibo units are bad at all, so I can see how it's hard to decide. But that's exactly what I mean, man. Ike brings things that few Fates characters actually have, like that combination of high strength, defense, and HP.

Roy has been shafted in general. Not even a Mario Maker sprite... His only unique compatibility at this point is Kirby, where he just gives the generic sword power, just like every other FE character aside from Robin.

Edited by NeonZ

Veteran's Intuition is also pretty handy because it makes Ike dodgy despite having lowish speed.

Veteran Intuition increases Ddg, not Avo, and Ddg runs off Luck, not Speed. Of course, increased Ddg also helps Ike tank by reducing the chance of a random crit breaking his face.

...What? I don't understand. Why would "dodge" and "avoid" be two different things when the words basically mean the same thing? And Ike dodged quite a lot for me despite low speed.