This needs to STOP

Anacybele

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: And as stated above, he doesn't seem to be good at critical thinking either.

are you openly admitting to wanting a president that cannot objectively analyze issues to come to thoughtful judgments/resolutions etc.

...I think you're confusing Trump with Hillary.

I do agree with the second part of your post, though.

Nope. Hillary is bland and essentially original flavoured chips, and trump is a lying garbage thin skinned pumpkin. At least in my opinion. but don't let that derail the thread.

are you openly admitting to wanting a president that cannot objectively analyze issues to come to thoughtful judgments/resolutions etc.

Compared to a woman who honestly believes that she is untouchable when she breaks the law and is morally and monetarily corrupt?

Yeah, I don't blame her for supporting Trump

With these two candidates it's more like "choose your poison" really.

They're both awful in their own way.

I guess I would pick up a liar and corrupt canditate who knows how to run an economy, because building a wall isn't a very good economic investment.

Edited by Naughx

if it's corrupt versus stupid i would take corrupt

especially if it's stupid and likely corrupt

I wouldn't say the choice is between stupid and corrupt.

I'd say its most definitely a choice between stupid and corrupt or just corrupt.

Compared to a woman who honestly believes that she is untouchable when she breaks the law and is morally and monetarily corrupt?

Yeah, I don't blame her for supporting Trump

Exactly. Look at Hillary's history: she's broken the law and been investigated by the FBI and I've seen proof that she lies. She once said she was being attacked by people in one location while video evidence showed that she was actually somewhere else and perfectly safe at the specified time. Trump calls her Crooked Hillary.

Trump's history? Some bankruptcies in his businesses, mostly out of his control. A story about his mother having been mugged and evidence proving that Trump didn't do anything wrong in the situation.

I like Trump's ideas, I like his attitude, he talks just like I would when I say it like it is and like I mean it (which is why he sometimes needs to watch his mouth. I need to watch my mouth sometimes too). That's how I can tell he's being honest. Because I feel like I can relate to this guy. I feel like he may even be autistic like I am. I don't think he's stupid, I think he's pretty damn smart.

Also, food for thought: Trump wasn't always Republican, he used to be Democrat. He converted because he wouldn't be able to run as a Democrat for some reason. And I think I also read something about him saying that he thinks the Democrats are messed up these days. The last time we had a president who was once Democrat and later turned Republican was Ronald Reagan, who was a great president to my knowledge. Not saying this automatically means Trump will be great, but it's still interesting to note this.

This isn't a debate about presidential candidates though, so let's move on. I agree police could use more training and more harsh punishments when they break the rules/laws. I actually agree with some things BLM are trying to get at. But I think they take it way too far.

Edited by Anacybele

the world doesn't need leaders that are relatable, it needs leaders that can lead. trump is not a man that fits the criteria of leadership, and though i don't like to admit it, clinton at least fits better in a leadership role than trump.

too far how? what have they done that is reprehensible to you? they aren't the ones killing cops.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

The server was set up to evade accountability, so that her emails could not be subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and would be hidden from the press, and from members of Congress who might want to subpoena them. It's indefensible.

THAT SAID, there's a reason why Trump isn't revealing his tax returns.

If you think he's not going to do the same crap I don't know what to say.

EDIT: I also like this video in regard to the actual subject at hand.

Edited by Crysta

Yeah, you need a president that can lead, but being able to relate to someone kind of helps you get to know them and how they work, you know.

As for BLM, how about removing poilce-related things from that parade? Or acting like every shooting of a black man by a cop was unjustified? I'm pretty sure at least some of them were justified.

Edited by Anacybele

If this is all about presidency now...

Have you thought about the third party? The green party?

I believe it was Dr. Jill Stein, and she seems to actually want to be president it seems so yeah. She's also a woman if you want a woman president.

There's also the Liberterian Party, but I don't have much knowledge on that. Sorry. Except he wants presidency as well.

Also shouldn't discussions relating to presidency be in the other topic about the presidents?

Also remember people, in statistics there might be bias and the data might be skewed. Not saying any of the data given was wrong, because I am not doing the math.

If you see something like 1 in 3 people are being killed each year, then that's 106.3 million people are being killed each year. So you might want to think about if that's good data or not. (Edit:In the USA not worldwide)

Edited by Hli Tshiab

As for BLM, how about removing poilce-related things from that parade? Or acting like every shooting of a black man by a cop was unjustified? I'm pretty sure at least some of them were justified.

Lets ask this instead:

What about the ones which were clearly unjustified?

Which question is more pertinent, do you think?

The server was set up to evade accountability, so that her emails could not be subject to the Freedom of Information Act, and would be hidden from the press, and from members of Congress who might want to subpoena them. It's indefensible.

THAT SAID, there's a reason why Trump isn't revealing his tax returns.

If you think he's not going to do the same crap I don't know what to say.

EDIT: I also like this video in regard to the actual subject at hand.

if what he may be doing weren't illegal, he'd probably be heralded as a hero by the right anyway.

Yeah, you need a president that can lead, but being able to relate to someone kind of helps you get to know them and how they work, you know.

in electing a leader, what do you think is more helpful information, knowing their ability to lead, or knowing how well friends you'd be?

Let's just say Trump kind of sucks at making his point. But when you do your research, you learn a lot. That's why I became one of his supporters. I like where he's going with things.

EDIT: And as stated above, he doesn't seem to be good at critical thinking either.

Why should anyone support a person for president if he can't make a point or demonstrate good critical thinking skills …

Edited by Sunwoo

Why should anyone support a person for president if he can't make a point or demonstrate good critical thinking skills …

broke my own rule, my apologies to myself in the future.

but yeah, at this point, at least for me its less of "trump2016" and more "never Hillary"

truly we have an "amazing" batch to choose from this time.

That interview could be summarized as: angry sheriff blames BLM for everything and calls them hateful and compares them to the KKK (lol). Which is hardly new or "crushing".

broke my own rule, my apologies to myself in the future.

but yeah, at this point, at least for me its less of "trump2016" and more "never Hillary"

truly we have an "amazing" batch to choose from this time.

Well, my point is more that nothing Ana herself seems to say about Trump is "selling" him as anything I'd want in a leader. In fact, a lot of the things people say about Trump is excuses like "he's misunderstood frequently" or "he's bad with words" or "he is not good at critical thinking". Why the hell should I vote for someone who is misunderstood so frequently and is bad with words that people get so angry with him, and can't think well? I mean, what is the selling point here?

Well, my point is more that nothing Ana herself seems to say about Trump is "selling" him as anything I'd want in a leader. In fact, a lot of the things people say about Trump is excuses like "he's misunderstood frequently" or "he's bad with words" or "he is not good at critical thinking". Why the hell should I vote for someone who is misunderstood so frequently and is bad with words that people get so angry with him, and can't think well? I mean, what is the selling point here?

honestly i really don't have one.

both candidates are absolute losers and third party's never win, so why bother with that vote.

i just have this gut feeling (which i feel is accurate more then its not) that the orange guy is going to be slightly better then the woman, key word is slightly, thus my reason to vote, however questionable it is, its still mine.

I think it's partly because people see what they want to see in him and make up excuses for the behavior which contradicts what they think because they really, really want him to be the guy who changes things.

It happened with Obama to some extent when he first ran and was a relative newcomer to the political scene (like Trump was) and there was some backlash when he didn't end up being the savior everyone who voted for him thought he would be. The similarities between them stop there, though, thank god.

Contrast to Hillary, who is a Washington dinosaur everyone knows and has a ton of baggage to snipe at.

EDIT: It's funny because the Republicans who hate him and the Democrats who hate him dislike him for many of the same reasons, WHICH SHOULD BE TELLING.

Edited by Crysta

Just because he can't very well convey it some of the time doesn't mean he doesn't have good ideas. I like a lot of his ideas and when he says he wants to do something, I feel like he's telling the truth and will do it because of how I think he ticks.