Curious Counter and Countermagic

DragonFlames

If miracle is activate only the damage dealt down to 1HP is refelctes. If you have 5 HP left on Nyx with Counter and Countermagic and Attack her with a magical weapon while standing besides her you will get 10 damage.

5HP down to 1 HP = 4 damage

Counter 4 damage+Countermagic 4 Damage+Countercourse 2 damage.

I have tested this in myTestingGrounds (myCastle testing defenses)

Edited by 17thSeraph

Thanks to MeddlingMage and 17thSeraph, I finally got both skills on Hana and I just thought of a way to make her into a unit that can solo (almost) the entire game, at least in theory.

Her current skillset includes:

• Counter
  • Countermagic
  • Miracle
  • Sol
  • Swordfaire (this will be replaced with either Renewal or Line of Life, whichever works better).

Her weapon will be a Venge Katana or Wakizashi.

What do you guys think?

Thanks to MeddlingMage and 17thSeraph, I finally got both skills on Hana and I just thought of a way to make her into a unit that can solo (almost) the entire game, at least in theory.

Her current skillset includes:

• Counter
  • Countermagic
  • Miracle
  • Sol
  • Swordfaire (this will be replaced with either Renewal or Line of Life, whichever works better).
Her weapon will be a Venge Katana or Wakizashi.

What do you guys think?

Both wakizashi will lure the opponent to attack and venge for more damage

The big Problem is that Hana can still die, if more than one enemy attacks her, since miracle dies not if Hana has one HP left and sol does not always proc. Then the issue that both weapons drop Hanas avoid, Waki by 10 and Venge by 20 witch makes dodging unreliable, espacially with Fates RNG.

And then are there the Stonies, which attack from far away and freeze which drops your avoid further.

Edited by 17thSeraph

The big Problem is that Hana can still die, if more than one enemy attacks her, since miracle dies not if Hana has one HP left and sol does not always proc. Then the issue that both weapons drop Hanas avoid, Waki by 10 and Venge by 20 witch makes dodging unreliable, espacially with Fates RNG.

And then are there the Stonies, which attack from far away and freeze which drops your avoid further.

Yeah, that's true. There are also Shuriken to think about. The avoid drop from the Venge Katana wouldn't matter much, since there are Counter and Countermagic, but I'm always willing to learn.

One thing I noticed, related to your RNG-statement: If you happen to have Counter or Countermagic or both, enemies will almost never hit you. I had a Corrin with these two skills on my most recent Conquest playthrough (but not Sol or Miracle) and nothing would touch her, not even Ryoma (Chapter 12) hit her and he had a 75% hit rate, which can be seen as 100% with the AI screwing you over constantly. The only people that DID hit her were the Ninjas and Archers. Nothing else.

So I guess my idea was pretty pointless, then, huh?

Edited by DragonFlames