Favorite to least favorite FEs?

Sequitur

Sorry if there is already a topic for this.

Anyway mine are:

1. Radiant Dawn-

I know this game has plot problems and the support system is awful but I haven't felt as invested into a Fire Emblem game as this one for a long time. I also really enjoyed the gameplay and the soundtrack is amazing.

2. Fates-

While this game has even more plot problems, it also has probably my second favorite cast of supporting characters in the series and some amazing gameplay. There's also a lot of content to keep me playing as well. It's soundtrack is also pretty great as well

3. Path of Radiance-

This game is this high for it's pretty great story and probably the best cast in the series imo. It is a bit short and it's OST isn't as good as Fates or Radiant Dawn

4. Sacred Stones-

While this game is pretty easy, I still love it for it's great story cast and Villians. Oh, and it's soundtrack is also amazing.

5. FE7-

This game does have a good cast, story, and gameplay. I just feel like it's story is outdone by 8, 9, and 10 and it's cast is outdone by all four games mentioned above in my eyes. It's not a bad game by any means, I just don't like it as much as the other four.

6. Awakening-

I still like Awakening but even I have to admit that's it story has huge problems and it's gameplay is incredibly easy to break. I still like it's cast, however.

7. Sword of Seals-

This is probably the only FE game that there is almost nothing redeemable about in my eyes. It's story is incredibly bland and the cast is even worse (with a very small amount of exceptions). Gameplay-wise, it's either really boring or ridiculously hard from my experience. It also has the worst lord in the series imo.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st- Fates Conquest

2nd-FE3

3rd-FE6

4th-FE7

5th-Fates Birthrout

6th- FE2

7th-POR

8th- FE11

9th-FE13

10th-Fates Revelations

11-FE5

12- FE12

13-FE8

14- FE4

15- RD

Edited by MCProductions

My favorite three are New Mystery, Thracia, and Gaiden, and my least favorite two are the Elibe games. The others I don't care enough about to solidly rank, and I haven't played Birthright or Revelations.

1. Radiant dawn I love the games mechanics and soundtrack and don't hate the story like most people do

2. Fates Conquest I like my fire emblems hard and I actually like the map gimmicks in conquest and the misson objectives along with the soundtrack.

3. Fates Revelation Its conquests map variety with less difficulty but some of the maps are extremely tedious

4. Sacred Stones. I love that game a lot. The characters are great, but most of my enjoyment comes from randomizing it

5. Awakening Game that introduced me to the series. I like the map design but Lunatic is a bullshit way of adding difficulty and the soundtrack was pretty forgettable for me

6 FE12 I have only played the first 7 chapters but I absolutely love the soundtrack and at the moment doesn't really have anything bad in it. but I need to play more

7 Fates Birthright. When a game is so easy you can solo it on LUNATIC that it is kind of a deal breaker

8 Binding blade is my least favorite FE Roy is a very bad lord and I cant find a silver lining in that whole mess of a game

Edited by Freezing Hellfire

please stop using it's instead of its it triggers my inner grammar bitch

if i have to add a real post i like blazing sword the most because i played it and had fun and conquest the least because i played it and was not having fun so i never finished it and also the story is kind of dumb

Edited by unique

1st- Fates Conquest

2nd-FE3

3rd-FE6

4th-FE7

5th-Fates Birthrout

6th- FE2

7th-POR

8th- FE11

9th-FE13

10th-Fates Revelations

11-FE5

12- FE12

13-FE8

14- FE4

15- RD

What would you change about RD so it isn't at the bottom of the list?

Damn people really hate radiant dawn lol.

Edited by Dinar87

12 > 6 > 14 CQ > 11 > 14 BR > 13 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 8 > 9 > 14 RV > 7 > 10

Edited by Gradivus.

What would you change about RD so it isn't at the bottom of the list?

Damn people really hate radiant dawn lol.

The story a fair bit, I either remove third tiers all together or make enemies actually use them so parts 3 and 4 don't feel like a chore, improve the map design all together, make fliers actually able to stop moving on ledges, and change mastery skills so they don't feel like just a different way of critting.

That said, I like RD a lot, I mean it's an FE game, and I don't really think you can screw that up, I just have less fun with it than others. Also, FE4 and RD are interchangable on my list depending on the day so...

Edited by MCProductions

RD has sequel syndrome FE6 has Sequel syndrome for americans because they most likely played FE 7 first since FE6 is japan only+ FE6 story wize is a sequel

The story a fair bit, I either remove third tiers all together or make enemies actually use them so parts 3 and 4 don't feel like a chore, improve the map design all together, make fliers actually able to stop moving on ledges, and change mastery skills so they don't feel like just a different way of critting.

That said, I like RD a lot, I mean it's an FE game, and I don't really think you can screw that up, I just have less fun with it than others. Also, FE4 and RD are interchangable on my list depending on the day so...

Oh ok. So in order to improve it, have the enemies also use 3rd tiers as well so it feels like an even battle. Also improve map design and nerf fliers. Thanks for the advice!

Oh ok. So in order to improve it, have the enemies also use 3rd tiers as well so it feels like an even battle. Also improve map design and nerf fliers. Thanks for the advice!

To be perfectly honest, the peg warriors in RD aren't that great, it's really just Jill and Haar (also because they both have amazing availability) who can carry you and also Elincia because she's a unique class. Path of Radiance is a different story since pegs are pretty good in that game. In either case, you technically fight 3rd tier units but they're stuck in 2nd tier models during Part 4. The only thing they don't have are the mastery skills that come from being in a 3rd tier class. Most issues come with the royal laguz trivializing certain parts especially when no one bothers training any other non-royal laguz due to their transformation gauge except possibly Volug or Ranulf

Also RD and FE 6 fall into the general love or hate with barely any in between from my experience hearing it out with others. I also fall into that pattern since Elibe as a whole is my least favorite but especially FE 6 while RD is well my favorite. I have a general idea for why that is, but I doubt it's foolproof. RD and FE 6 are just the divisive ones in the fandom.

Edited by Raguna

FE2 > TRS = FE12 = FE9 > FE4 > FE5 > FE7 > FE10 > FE11 = FE8 = FE13 > FE6 probably

have not played fe14, haven't played fe3 or 1 enough to judge them

Edited by Tryhard

I never played FE 1 -5 so they won't be on here

1. Fates - I didn't expect to love this game as much as I do. It's just so FUN! I love everything about this game. I don't think the plot was even that bad,

2. Blazing Sword - AMAZING. I keep coming back to this game just because I LOVE this game so much. It was my favourite FE game until fates came out.

3. Sacred Stones - I really like the GBA games, what can I say? Great Plot, great characters, The monsters in it, I just didn't like very much.

4. Awakening - Even though it has many problems, I actually quite enjoyed it for some reason, and I go back to play it sometimes.

5. Sword of seals - I actually liked this fire emblem game. While I still think the characters aren't that great, the gameplay MORE than makes up for it.

6. Path of Radiance - While I don't hate it as much as Radiant dawn, It has some of the same problems. Characters are Meh, plot is meh, but it's not as awful as RD's. The gameplay is way better than FE10's though.

7. Shadow Dragon - A terrible game, but somehow I like it more than FE10

8. Radiant Dawn - I am already not a huge fan of the tellius series and this is no exception. I don't like the plot, the characters are meh, and the gameplay i just awful

1) Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

2) Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

3) Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

4) Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

5) Fire Emblem: The Binding Bkade/Sword of Seals

6) Fire Emblem: New Mistery of the Emblem

7) Fire Emblen: Shadow Dragon

8) Fire Emblem: Mistery of the Emblem

9) Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

10) Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

11) Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword

12) Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

13) Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

14) Fire Emblem: Gaiden

15) Fire Emblem: Awakening

1. RD. I love the gameplay and I think the story is great too (though not without flaws). I also love the character and class designs for the most part. I also just love Tellius in general!

2. PoR. Same as RD, pretty much. I more or less think of both of these as no. 1, but put RD first because of little things like RD Ike being hot <3 and the ledge mechanics.

3. Fates Birthright. I liked the story and some of the characters. I do wish it had gameplay more like RD though.

4. Sacred Stones. Good story and characters, though a bit short.

5. Awakening. It's an okay game. Terrible story and really easy though.

6. FE7. Boring. Okay on its own, but boring as an FE game.

Shadow Dragon would probably be last if I could rank it, but I barely played it, so...

If they are not on the list, I haven'n played them.

1 - Blazing Sword

A good example of how simple things are sometimes the best: no fancy reclassing or split str/mag or skills, yet its gameplay is solid on all aspects. The story is enjoyable and not bland nor predictable. Perfect game to start IMO.

2 - Genealogy of the Holy War

The best inheritance system in the series. The way stats and weapon levels work compliments that. The story is again quite engaging.

3 - Heroes of Light and Shadows

I feel like the modernization of this old game is a bit off, but overall fun. I also like how the avatar is handled and appreciate the inclusion of the remake of those cellphone maps.

4 - Sacred Stones

Ok story. The route split and the branching promotions enhance the replayability.

5 - Shadow Dragon

Basically all the bad things you can think of from its successor without the good ones. At least, Marth finally had his game in the west.

6 - Binding Blade

Like FE7, no fancy things, but it has worse story and worse units.

7 - Path of Radiance

It just never got me story-wise, and laguz units are horrible.

8 - Awakening

Same problem than PoR, but in PoR the characters are interesting. I hate Awakening characters, they are unbelievable and irritating. Gameplay-wise, the game is completely unbalanced: you either dominate your opponents or you send you units to suicide themselves. You have to plan the exact amount of grinding you do in order to have a fair challenge.

Also...

2.5 - Utna Heroes Saga

If you remove wood shooters and add resistance as a separate stat, it's basically the best one. I like how different events are triggered based on what characters are in which party.

1. Fates: Conquest

2. Awakening - Radiant Dawn - Blazing Sword (it's really hard to choose between 'em)

3. Binding Blade

4. Sacred Stones

5. PoR

6. Revelation

8. FE12

9. FE11

10. Birthright

Edited by BeMine96

1. Mystery of the Emblem/FE12 - Shadow Dragon/FE1 (FE3 contains a slimmed down FE1 so they are counted together)

2. Blazing Sword

3. Thracia 776

4. Sacred Stones

5. Path of Radiance

6. Radiant Dawn

7. Genealogy of the Holy War

8. Fates Conquest

9. Awakening

10. Fates Revelation

(I have not played Gaiden or Birthright so can't comment on those)

Path of Radiance

Blazing Sword

Gaiden

Genealogy of the Holy War (At least Sigurd 's generation. I haven't played Seliph's yet)

Fates (as a whole)

Binding Blade

Shadow Dragon=Heroes of Light and Shadow (these are interchangeable for different reasons. Some things 11 did better, some 12 did better... I like 12 slightly more, but very slightly)

Sacred Stones

Awakening

Radiant Dawn

I don't hate any of these games. I will say I like the games from Shadow Dragon and up on this list. And I don't really like the games from Sacred Stones and down on the list.

Also I haven't played too much of Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light or Thracia 776, but I predict putting Thracia 776 either below Binding Blade or above Sacred Stones. And I predict putting DDatSoL below Radiant Dawn.

No clue about Mystery of the Emblem because I have not played it

Based ENTIRELY on my enjoyment of the games, from best to worst:

- Thracia 776

- Fates Conquest

- Sword of Seals

- Radiant Dawn

- Fates Revelation

- Fates Birthright

- Awakening

- Sacred Stones

- Heroes of Light and Shadow

- Path of Radiance

- Genealogy of the Holy War

- Shadow Dragon

- Blazing Sword

Note that everything below Fates Birthright don't differ much from each other and there isn't an FE game I consider to be outright bad. Haven't played FE1/2/3 enough to make a decisive comment out of them, but I probably would rank them low due to the dated mechanics.

FE11

FE12

FE6

FE10

FE3

FE13

FE8

FE14 BR

FE1

FE7

FE4

FE9

FE2

The rest are all still works-in-progress. I do like all of the games bar Gaiden, and the list is wholly prone to change sooner or later.

Edited by Topazd

I have not played 1 or 2 so they will not be on this list.

1, 2 and 3 (All interchangeable):

FE 3-An amazing game IMO. I love the Archanea saga and I wish the remakes were better since the only reason it is not just my favorite is because I'm not a massive fan of the SNES, but FE 3 is still amazing.

FE 4-I love the story and characters. The only reason it is not my favorite is because of the 2nd Gen is a bit meh and mount favoritism.

FE 8-I love the story and characters. Albeit a bit short, it was fantastic to play. The only thing keeping it from the top spot is it's length and difficulty.

4:

FE 9-I love PoR, it is very enjoyable. But I am not very fond of some characters and the transition from GBA to GC was bad and the animations were meh. Though the story was amazing, just the rest of the game was not enough to be in my top 3.

5:

FE 5-I loved my playthrough of Thracia. The only reason it is not higher is its false difficulty and requirement for a strat guide. Other then that, I loved it.

6/7:

FE 6/7-I liked them both but they were kinda boring and I wouldn't go back to play them purposely.

8:

FE 13-It was okay and I did enjoy, but as I said above I wouldn't play it again purposely and the plot was boring. Also the SpotPass chapters were stupid, which caused it to be lower.

9:

FE 11-I feel like it was to much of a remake and added nothing new and the things it did add were bleh. But I did like it.

10:

FE 14 (Conquest and Birthright)-Conquest had great maps and difficulty but the story was utter shit. Birthright was the opposite (Except the story was a bit boring and simple). Both had great characters though.

11:

FE 10-I always disliked RD. I don't like Third Tiers, the story was very flawed past Part 2, the new characters were boring with little to no development past their recruitment and I really, really dislike Ike's role as a main character. I wouldn't mind if his role was smaller, but he completely took Miccy's role as main and it pissed me off. Also maps were boring except a few like Elincia's Gambit.

12:

FE 12-Marth was completely thrown aside and all the development he got originally in FE 3 for Kris, a shit avatar and the assassin's subplot. Also the amount of useless characters was baffling.

13:

FE 14 (Revelation)-I hated it. It combined what I hated about New Mystery and RD plus more. Many useless characters, shitty plot, boring maps, a shit avatar and Valla, the shitest thing to ever exist in FE.