My First Fire Emblem Playthrough Ever! (Discontinued...for now)

Neimi has bad bases but good growths. Unfortunately, she can't attack from melee range unless she promotes to Ranger(which is definitely the better promotion for her). I prefer Innes.

Colm is a thief, and therefore pretty much needed for his utility on a good number of maps.

Vanessa's your only flier right now, so I'd use her at least until you get Tana, after which you can feel free to replace her.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This chapter should've been where you trained Ross. There are a lot of walls that you can exploit with Ross's 1-2 Hatchet and kill things, especially with Moulder's healing. Neimi doesn't have 2 promotions, but I think she has pretty good growths. Her bases are bad, but she gets better if you have your stronger characters go first. Her supports with Colm make her even stronger.

I thought about that, but instead decided to train Vanessa like that instead which was probably not a great choice. How many supports are allowed for each character cause I already have Colm with a C Support on Neimi?

Neimi has bad bases but good growths. Unfortunately, she can't attack from melee range unless she promotes to Ranger(which is definitely the better promotion for her). I prefer Innes.

Colm is a thief, and therefore pretty much needed for his utility on a good number of maps.

Vanessa's your only flier right now, so I'd use her at least until you get Tana, after which you can feel free to replace her.

I'll probably be using all the characters for now, but Vanessa will probably be benched once I get Tana. Who apparently is a Pegasus knight.

Thank you! I'm glad you were able to interpret my funky names XD

No problem XD Did you notice that Selena was in one of the villages in the map you get Ross and Garcia? I want to say she was the one that gives you the Red Gem

Alright Chapter 4: Ancient Horrors! Before i started with the story I went back to Ide and bought an Iron Axe for Ross who desperately needed another weapon. I also sorted all the items filling up in Vanessa and Colm's inventories. And now, onwards to Za'ha Forest!

Story: Eirika has renewed determination! Sort've. It said that she had renewed determination, but immediately afterwards said that she begins to worry about the lack of troops. Monsters!? Eirika and Seth begin discussing plans when all of a sudden Eirika spots monsters! Skeletons, weird goopy things, and eyeballs (Real menacing). And the Eirika asks "Are they human?" Like really Eirika? You ever seen a human who is just a floating eyeball? Meanwhile a red head and a purple haired girl begin to talk about how bad their life is and what they did to deserve it. Name dropped Sacred Stones. The Purple Haired girl is apparently called Lute and she's apparently a prodigy which I currently believe is quite true. We meet the red head who is actually called Artur and he warns us to flee while we still can, but Eirika is like no bruh we got this. Demon King eh? Not very original hopefully we don't actually see him. An eyeball floats over to Artur, but Artur destroys it with the power of Lightning?

Battle:

Units: Eirika lvl 5, Artur lvl 2, Franz lvl 4, Gilliam lvl 4, Vanessa lvl 2, Moulder lvl 3, Ross lvl 4, Garcia lvl 4, and Colm lvl 3.

post-25739-0-65131900-1469131851_thumb.png Artur is my first Mage and I love him! Nothing exceptional, but I feel like he could turn out really good!

​Turn 1:

​~Vanessa and Garcia attack the Zombie to our left, but they both miss and both get hit for 3 damage

~Moulder heals Vanessa for +3

~The rest of the Gang move in for next turn retaliation

~Artur visits the village gets...an Iron Axe (UGH)

~Ross gets hit for 6, but does 22 back against the Goopy Zombie

~The Goopy Zombie that Garcia and Vanessa has cornered decides to attack Vanessa and hits her for another 3 damage, but Vanessa retaliates by killing him. Vanessa levels up

post-25739-0-99089900-1469132762_thumb.png could've gone for some strength tbh

~Eirika gets attacked by a Skeleton and he does 5, but Eirika does 14 in retaliation

~3 more Skeletons arrive to the right hand side

​Turn 2:

~Ross kills the Zombie that had attacked him and receives a level

post-25739-0-98297500-1469132798_thumb.png Pretty decent level up

~Vanessa begins chipping down one of the Zombies with her Javelin

~Artur finishes the Zombie off with a well placed spell

~Colm finishes off the Skeleton that attacked Eirika

~Gilliam attacks the snag to the south with Garcia moving in to help next turn

~Eirika and Franz move in front of the weaker units

~An Eyeball attacks Ross, but misses so Ross retaliates by getting a critical and killing the Eyeball

~Three green units come down from the North and begin talking. They then leave to come back and help us. One of them is Lady La'Archeal (Hopefully that's correct)

​Turn 3:

~Artur attacks the Eyeball and delivers 14 damage but receives 2 Damage in return

~Vanessa mops up the Eyeball

~Franz destroys one of the Skeletons and receives a level up!

post-25739-0-25856200-1469133417_thumb.png A very bad level up...

~Moulder heals Ross and gets a level up!

post-25739-0-11927700-1469133498_thumb.png So many bad level ups.

~I have Colm wait in front of one of the Skeletons hoping he'll attack in retaliation

~Ross and Eirika move towards the bridge

~Garcia finally takes out the Snag

~Gilliam travels past the snag and attacks the nearest Skeleton for 13 and no damage in return

~One of the Zombies blocking the Bridge attacks Eirika and does 5 Damage, but she kills the Zombie in return

~Another Zombie tests their luck, but thankfully misses and Eirika does 20 damage, not killing him

~However the Skeleton doesn't attack Colm and goes for Eirika resulting in 8 Damage which leaves her at 2 Hp, but she does receive a level from this encounter

post-25739-0-03911900-1469133884_thumb.png Exactly what she needs.

~The Skeleton attacks Gilliam, but dies since he can't do any damage

~Colm gets attacked by a different Skeleton and receives 8 Damage! He manages to do 12 in return though

~Zombie reinforcements to the North!

Turn 4:

~Artur kills the Skeleton who attacked Colm

~Colm then kills the Skeleton who ran away from him and receives 8 damage again, but Colm got a level

post-25739-0-59002200-1469134225_thumb.png Very good level hope to see more like these from Colm

~Eirika moves back and Moulder heals her for +14 Health

~Ross moves onto the bridge and kills one of the Zombies resulting in a level up

post-25739-0-54228500-1469134369_thumb.png Another good level up! Probably to make up for all those bad ones.

~Gilliam and Garcia continue South towards Lute

~Vanessa moves behind Ross

~I send Franz to deal with the reinforcements

~The reinforcements start moving forward

~Gilliam gets attacked twice, but receives no damage since he's a boss and dishes out 16 Damage to the to Zombies. One of the Zombies actually died and he got a level

post-25739-0-04475400-1469134637_thumb.png Cause Defense and HP are at the top priorities

~Ross gets attacked and receives 5 damage, but does 16 in return

~Artur gets attacked by an Eyeball, but the Eyeball misses and Artur does 14 Damage in retaliation

​Turn 5:

~Moulder heals Colm for +14 HP

~Artur kills the Eyeball and receives a level!

post-25739-0-88293500-1469134828_thumb.png So many levels!

~Franz kills one of the Zombies easily and waits there for more to attack him during the Enemy Phase

~Vanessa kills the monster that attacked Ross last turn

~Gilliam goes to the Village and recruits Lute who immediately goes to work by killing the Zombie that Gilliam had left over

~Eirika, Ross, and Colm all move forward to hopefully draw out the last regular Zombie

~Franz kills 1 out of 3 Zombies and receives only 3 damage for his troubles

~Ross gets attacked for 6 damage, but does 16 in return!

​Turn 6:

~Eirika moves out of the way so Moulder can heal Ross and heal +10 Hp

~Ross then finishes off the Zombie and receives yet another level up

post-25739-0-98938100-1469135422_thumb.png Speed is very bad

~Franz kills another Monster while everyone moves up to confront the Boss. He also receives another levelpost-25739-0-80655300-1469135533_thumb.png Meh

~Franz gets attacked, but demolishes him anyway

​Turn 7:

~Vanessa moves in and does 20 damage to the boss!

~Moulder heals Franz for +10 Hp

~Colm then kills the Boss and receives yet another level up

post-25739-0-24840900-1469135731_thumb.png Very good.

Story: Seth turns into a Pyro and starts burning the dead bodies of all the Revenant while Lute, Artur, and Eirika continue to talk. Lute gives me a list of all the monsters I should watch out for namely the Bael which sounds like Christian Bale's minions. Seth thinks pushing forward might be a stupid decision, but Eirika is all like "We must save Ephraim!". Lady L'Arachel (Different spelling. Maybe one of them is correct) shows up with her two bodyguards a bit too late and they get very disappointed about it. And even though they keep yelling her name apparently her identity is secret. We then learn the names of the two bodyguards! Dozla and Rennac(Probably playable future characters)! Then they left which felt a bit anticlimactic.

Chapter Review: The Story didn't make too much sense, but I'm guessing it'll be explained in more detail as the story progresses further down the line. The Chapter itself was difficult to say the least. Colm and Eirika almost hit the dirt which wouldn't have been too great. The enemies had all really epic designs and actually made me fear for some of my characters when they got hit. That being said, I do think the developers got a bit to reinforcement happy. They didn't end up being a challenge for Franz, but I can see if I were on Hard someone would've most likely died.

post-25739-0-67275400-1469136754_thumb.png Here's Lute btw. I really like her design and her personality, but I just got Artur and they're both Mages.

​So my question is if I should use Lute or Artur? We'll decide this through our first Poll!

No problem XD Did you notice that Selena was in one of the villages in the map you get Ross and Garcia? I want to say she was the one that gives you the Red Gem

Wow! I didn't notice and I had to go back through my notes XD thank you for reminding me!

Lute and Artur should both be used, as both are amazing. They don't even use the same magic types (Lute uses Anima, Artur uses Light), so I don't see why you'd need to only pick one.

Just fyi, for the future, you might want to cut down on how much info you include. Chapters can take 20 turns or longer in the late game, so including all the details of what everyone does will become laborious not only for you to type, but also for us to read. Just give a general summary of what's going on, point out important stuff, etc. Just a suggestion.

Also, use both Artur and Lute. Like Matthew said, they use totally different types of magic. Lute specializes in having high magic and decent speed, so she'll basically be a glass cannon. Artur is more well-rounded, but if you promote him to Bishop, he gets a very useful ability for late-game.

Just fyi, for the future, you might want to cut down on how much info you include. Chapters can take 20 turns or longer in the late game, so including all the details of what everyone does will become laborious not only for you to type, but also for us to read. Just give a general summary of what's going on, point out important stuff, etc. Just a suggestion.

Also, use both Artur and Lute. Like Matthew said, they use totally different types of magic. Lute specializes in having high magic and decent speed, so she'll basically be a glass cannon. Artur is more well-rounded, but if you promote him to Bishop, he gets a very useful ability for late-game.

Yeah I've been thinking the same after Chapter 3. If someone could tell me how to use Spolier tags then I'd probably separate the three categories into three different Spolier things. One for battle, one for Story and the last one being for Chapter Review.

I love both, so I'll try to use them both as best as I can.

Head's up for next chapter: there is a facility that's called an Arena. If you have the gold, you can train units there. However, combat is the same as with regular enemies: if your unit drops to 0 HP, they will be unusable for the rest of the game. Mild arena grinding is good to train healers, which you will get another one next chapter. Also, there is a dangerous but recruitable enemy that must be talked to with said healer, but will aggro on most of your party in he is in range.

Head's up for next chapter: there is a facility that's called an Arena. If you have the gold, you can train units there. However, combat is the same as with regular enemies: if your unit drops to 0 HP, they will be unusable for the rest of the game. Mild arena grinding is good to train healers, which you will get another one next chapter. Also, there is a dangerous but recruitable enemy that must be talked to with said healer, but will aggro on most of your party in he is in range.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure not to kill him XD

Said arena is also your only decent method of gaining money until you get near endgame. I like to grind on the chapter 5 arena a bit to build up a decent money stash.

I'll see what I can do

If you're on an emulator (including virtual console), be sure to save state before doing any arena match, in case things get ugly.

I don't save state and that probably cost me something you'll find out when I'm done writing it. Also completely unrelated question does the Pirate guy attack Natasha?

Yes. I don't think Joshua does, though.

Just to clarify, do you mean the red-hair guy who bumps into Natasha at the beginning? Or the brigands that show up on Turn 2?

Edited by Dark Falcon