My First Fire Emblem Playthrough Ever! (Discontinued...for now)

One thing that's nice about this game is that after chapter 8 you have the ability to grind thanks to the Tower of Valni and skirmishes, so if you want to unbench someone or get an underleveled unit up to par or whatever, you can do so with little trouble. The boss of the first floor of the tower in particular is pretty much a guaranteed level up for whoever kills it. I myself like to have everyone promoted and maxed out on supports by the time I finish the main story.

That sounds good! We'll be heading onto Chapter 7 tomorrow, so we're close!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um I'm not exactly sure how to start this Chapter Review. I'm gonna start with sorry. There was recently a car crash just outside of my house and it knocked out my iternet capabilities for these past 2 days. In doing so I lost the notes I had saved on my computer, so yet again we'll be getting a not so great review. However, I did manage to save my photos of the battle and the levels, so here they are.

Pictures:post-25739-0-37863800-1469397512_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-71854700-1469397512_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-01369200-1469397513_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-53692600-1469397519_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-00356600-1469397520_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-53924400-1469397520_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-02505900-1469397521_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-54648800-1469397521_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-56029200-1469397522_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-09416700-1469397523_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-58514000-1469397523_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-10881900-1469397524_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-68813600-1469397524_thumb.png Mostly good level ups.

Chapter Review: The Boss was a lot more nefarious than I would have originally thought and it actually felt like I was at war. Let me take you through my strategy or lack there of. As suggested I rushed this map really hard. I sent all my units to the South which really ended up working in my favor. I sent Vanessa by herself to take down the Bael which she successfully did before the Bael could kill anyone. Nobody died which I felt like was an achievement in and of itself. We did have some close calls with Franz and Matthew though XD. I'll be running straight into the next chapter without preparation in order to kind of punish myself. And when I say immediately, I mean immediately as soon as this is posted I'll start playing. Sorry for losing my notes and enjoy this next one!

No need to punish yourself for not having to restart. Don't make a first run harder than you have to. Also, next chapter readout.

There is a weapon called a ballista to the north of the starting position that can only be used by archers, which is to say Neimi. Make sure to not hit the mage holding an Energy Ring (hit the R button or wherever R is mapped to check inventories), meaning you'll want Colm to steal it off of him. However, there is another ballista on the other side of the map, and just like bows, Vanessa also takes effective damage from ballistae. You'll probably want Gilliam in front to tank the ballista, and also send someone with Neimi so that she doesn't get killed by the Fighter or Mage guarding the ballista.

Story: Rumors say that EPhraim has been taken captive in Renvall which we already knew thanks to us putting him there XD. We rush to the castle in hopes of saving Ephraim once and for all. What is it with them taking things head on? Chapter 7 begins. Apparently Franz's brother is Forde (what a twist)! Everybody has a moment with Eirika that really warms my heart (Do i still get all of them syaig these things if maybe one of them died?). And so the battle begins!

Units: Eirika Lvl 10, Artur Lvl 4, Franz Lvl 10, Gilliam Lvl 6, Vanessa Lvl 6, Ross Lvl 2, Colm Lvl 5, Lute Lvl 4, Moulder Lvl 5, and Joshua Lvl 5

Battle:

​Turn 1:

~Everyone moved up slightly

~Two soldiers attack Ross, but both get bodied by Ross resulting in a level up

post-25739-0-43858000-1469403785_thumb.png My gosh Ross is so good

​Turn 2:

~Everyone moved forward again while Vanessa sticks in the mountains

​Turn 3:

~Artur and Colm kill the Mage resulting in Colm leveling up

post-25739-0-29235100-1469409467_thumb.png 3 Stats is good I guess. Could've went for some strength though.

~Everyone else moves forward to tank some damage

~Ross gets attacked by 2 Soldiers, an Archer, and a Mercenary resulting in his inevitable death post-25739-0-07199800-1469409766_thumb.png

~Lute gets attacked twice, but manages to live and dish out some major damage

​Turn 4: (Where things start to go downhill)

~​Lute manages to kill the Mage

~Colm kills the Archer

~Artur, Gilliam, and Joshua kill the soldier threatening Lute

~Gilliam gets attacked for another 9 Damage

​Turn 5:

~Everyone moves forward

Turn 6:

~Lute and Artur double team the Soldier advancing on us

~Everyone else moves forward

~Joshua and Colm both get attacked for 4 Damage

~Lute gets attacked by the Mage, but she manages to kill it

Turn 7:
​~Colm and Franz kill one of the Mercenaries resulting in Colm leveling up

post-25739-0-46512500-1469410643_thumb.png Horrible level up

~Joshua then kills the other Mercenary giving him a level

post-25739-0-30737700-1469410698_thumb.png Defense isn't horrible

~(I just realized Lute is a lot like River from Firefly hm)

Turn 8:

~Franz and Gilliam continue upwards to kill the Ballista guy

~Franz gets attacked, but he dodges and kills the soldier protecting the Ballista

Turn 9:

~Franz kills the Ballista giving him an unneeded level

post-25739-0-41428000-1469411025_thumb.png Not bad, but he's probably gonna get replaced soon

~Everyone moves forward

~Vanessa gets attacked twice and manages to kill both resulting in an amazing level up!

post-25739-0-48403900-1469411187_thumb.png Woot!

Turn 10:

~Moulder heals Colm

post-25739-0-93252400-1469411295_thumb.png

~Everyone moves forward

Turn 11:

​~Everyone moves forward

~Colm gets attacked by an Archer, but he dodges

​Turn 12:

~Lute and Artur kill the Archer resulting in Lute leveling up

post-25739-0-98714000-1469411596_thumb.png Haha! Another bad level!

Turn 13:

~Artur and Gilliam kill another Archer

Turn ???:

~Gilliam and Eirika kill the Boss. Eirika leveled up

post-25739-0-41323900-1469412319_thumb.png Boom! Strength!

Story: Sir Orson rides up to Seth and Eirika as they arrive into the castle. Orson fills Eirika's head with lies about how Ephraim is still captivated and imprisoned in Fort Renvall. He then offers to show them the way. AND THAT'S HOW IT ENDS!? Talk about a cliffhanger...

Chapter Review: I will admit under normal circumstances I wouldn't have let Ross die, but I tried this Chapter once before this one and not only did he die, but Vanessa, Franz, and Moulder also died. I decided to take the lesser of the two evils and just let Ross die. It was pretty challenging for me since I couldn't use Vanessa towards the end of the Chapter since she couldn't get into range of the Ballista. I wish there was some way Ross wouldn't have died, but I couldn't save him thanks to the hordes of enemy soldiers. There wasn't much story so I can't comment much about that. I probably missed something, but I knew I'd miss something thanks to going into it blind to punish me for missing two days of uploading. Now that being said I would appreciate some help for this next mission.

No need to punish yourself for not having to restart. Don't make a first run harder than you have to. Also, next chapter readout.

There is a weapon called a ballista to the north of the starting position that can only be used by archers, which is to say Neimi. Make sure to not hit the mage holding an Energy Ring (hit the R button or wherever R is mapped to check inventories), meaning you'll want Colm to steal it off of him. However, there is another ballista on the other side of the map, and just like bows, Vanessa also takes effective damage from ballistae. You'll probably want Gilliam in front to tank the ballista, and also send someone with Neimi so that she doesn't get killed by the Fighter or Mage guarding the ballista.

Thank you for the late advice XD, but I literally did just dive head first into it XD. Woops! Um I didn't get the Energy Ring, will that mess me over?

the next chapter can be somewhat challenging, but the right setup shouldn't make it too bad. There are basically two paths to the throne and boss, one shorter and to the north, where you fight a bunch of armor knights, and the other being much longer and diverse, but on turn two Ephriam, Kyle, and Forde show up from the bottom left on your team, with some enemy cavaliers behind them after that turn.

You can send everyone one way, or split your army up. If you chose to split up, make sure you send units with weapons effective against knights if you have any by this point (aside from the rapier and reginlief). The north team should be slightly smaller due to fighting less units, but should be able to hold their own. Aside from that, it's rather straightforward due to there being a lot of 1-tile wide hallways, preventing the enemies from piling up on you. If you don't want to split up, send everyone on the longer/western path to help out Ephraim's team. Aside from that, the only notable thing i remember is that a thief shows up to steal some of the chests. Hope this helps

the next chapter can be somewhat challenging, but the right setup shouldn't make it too bad. There are basically two paths to the throne and boss, one shorter and to the north, where you fight a bunch of armor knights, and the other being much longer and diverse, but on turn two Ephriam, Kyle, and Forde show up from the bottom left on your team, with some enemy cavaliers behind them after that turn.

You can send everyone one way, or split your army up. If you chose to split up, make sure you send units with weapons effective against knights if you have any by this point (aside from the rapier and reginlief). The north team should be slightly smaller due to fighting less units, but should be able to hold their own. Aside from that, it's rather straightforward due to there being a lot of 1-tile wide hallways, preventing the enemies from piling up on you. If you don't want to split up, send everyone on the longer/western path to help out Ephraim's team. Aside from that, the only notable thing i remember is that a thief shows up to steal some of the chests. Hope this helps

This does help tremendously! Thank you.

What was bad about Lute's level? She got 3 stats, one of which was speed, the single most important stat in FE, period.

I was joking, but I was also pretty salty after Ross's death tbh

Aww, dude, don't let Ross die. :( But don't replace Franz, he's looking pretty solid.

He had the worst defense and resistance out of all my troops which led to his death. It was that or letting Franz, Vanessa, and Moulder die along with him XD

He had the worst defense and resistance out of all my troops which led to his death. It was that or letting Franz, Vanessa, and Moulder die along with him XD

Don't send him recklessly into a large army, he doesn't have the avoid or the defensive stats to survive it. Other fragile units like Eirika, Joshua, Marisa, Vanessa, L'Arachel, etc. can get away with it since they have high avoid and will likely dodge most of the attacks, but not Ross.

Alright so I'll be out of town for the next couple of days for unexpected reasons. Mainly I'll be gone for 3 days which I'll make up for when I get back. My friend kind of spoiled what was going to happen next in the story (the Eirika and Ephraim split). He said that he doesn't have an opinion, so I'll leave it up to you guys which side I should take! Also I would be very happy if you could tell me some of the differences :P

Eirika's is considered to be the easier route, but not by a massive difference. Ephraim's has two notorious maps which can be a bit of a struggle for newer players, but that shouldn't deter you from them, they can still be quite fun. Eirika as well has some challenges, but not nearly as many as Ephriam's. The choice is yours. If you think you're up to the challenge, pick Ephraim. If you want an easier yet enjoyable experience, go Eirika

I'd like to add that in my view at least the story of Ephraim's route is much better because of a certain character. In any case, good luck and welcome to the forest!

Eirika's is considered to be the easier route, but not by a massive difference. Ephraim's has two notorious maps which can be a bit of a struggle for newer players, but that shouldn't deter you from them, they can still be quite fun. Eirika as well has some challenges, but not nearly as many as Ephriam's. The choice is yours. If you think you're up to the challenge, pick Ephraim. If you want an easier yet enjoyable experience, go Eirika

Ephraim's route has greater troop density, while Eirika's has larger maps. Personally, I like the bosses of Ephraim's route better, especially when it comes to the Fog of War monster chapters.

I'm basically hearing that Eirika's path is easier and Ephraim's is cooler. I'm not exactly sure which one I'll pick, but I guess we'll see in 3 days XD

Eirika's route has better story, you get most characters earlier(only Cormag and Duessel join later than they do in Ephraim's), and is definitely better for newbies. I'd go Eirika. I prefer her route anyway.

I'd say Ephraim. Story is more enjoyable and more of a story as opposed to just going around fighting stuff. Like FLR said, Ephraim's route does have two pretty difficult maps, but only one is really bad on normal mode. Plus there are some very minor story differences later on and Ephraim's is slightly better in that regard.

TC, if I were you, I'd add a poll for which route to take. Just edit the opening post and you should be able to add a poll to this topic.