My First Fire Emblem Playthrough Ever! (Discontinued...for now)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pumped for this chapter! So let's get right into it! First off the winner of the poll was Ephraim's story which you've all told me is harder. Ugh, I think you guys like seeing me struggle. So let's begin Chapter 8: It's a Trap(Say that in Akbar's voice, I dare you XD)!

Story: Seth, Eirika and traitor bro enter the castle where surprise, surprise it's a trap and he's a traitor! Thus begins the battle!

Battle Prep: I buy Artur another Lightning tome that he'll be able to use in this chapter.

Units: Eirika lvl 11, Artur lvl 5, Franz lvl 11, Gilliam lvl 6, Vanessa lvl 7, Colm lvl 7, Lute lvl 6, Moulder lvl 6, and Joshua lvl 7

Turn 1:

~Vanessa kills one of the soldiers with her Javelin

~Artur and Colm kill the other soldier to the North

~post-25739-0-19686800-1469820365_thumb.png Artur gained speed...

~Franz gets attacked by the armor knight taking 7 damage and dealing 16 damage

~Gilliam gets attacked by the myrmidon, but it does no damage, so he does 14 just for good measure

~Ephraim, Fore and Kyle arrive

Turn 2:

~Artur kills the armor knight and gets a door key

~Lute manages to kill the Archer without getting hit!

~Vanessa then finishes off the myrmidon

~The team separates with Lute, Eirika and Gilliam going South to confront Ephraim and the others while everyone else heads North

~Gilliam gets attacked by another armor knight, but he dodges and does 6 damage in return

~Forde gets attacked, but he dodges and kills the soldier

Turn 3:

~Lute kills the armor knight

~Ephraim kills the archer easily with his Steel Lance

~Everyone else moves forward to engage the enemies next turn

~Forde gets attacked for 7 Damage and kills the enemy in return

~post-25739-0-24092600-1469821386_thumb.png Defense is never bad

Turn 4:

~Ephraim talks to Eirika

~Colm opens the door for Joshua letting him get passed and sit there with the Armorslayer

~Joshua then proceeds to kill three Armor knights leaving him with 3 Hp

~Artur gets attacked by the Dark Mage, but he misses and Artur does 10 damage back

~Three cavaliers arrive...

post-25739-0-92124000-1469821760_thumb.png Awesome level!

Turn 5:

~Artur then kills the Darkmage

~Colm opens the chest receiving an Angelic Robe

~Moulder mends Joshua

~Vanessa and Franz then kill an Armor knight

~post-25739-0-03506800-1469821962_thumb.png Haha! Defense!

~Joshua crits the last armor knight killing him

~Forde kills the Mage while everyone else begins to defend against the Cavaliers

Turn 6:

~Lute kills one of the Cavaliers

~post-25739-0-58153500-1469822211_thumb.png You don't need speed! Magic pls

~Ephraim kills one of the Cavaliers

~Eirika chips the last Cavalier down

~Vanessa kills the Archer

~Lute gets attacked for 12 Damage, but Lute manages to kill the Cavalier

~Kyle gets hit for 4 Damage and kills the Mercenary in return

Turn 7:

~Everyone moves forward

~Joshua gets attacked, but manages to dodge and kill the soldier in return
​

Turn ???:

~Joshua kills the thief

~Vanessa kills a Mage

~post-25739-0-65188700-1469822829_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-14969300-1469822832_thumb.png These two knuckleheads got levels

~MORE LEVELS post-25739-0-14362600-1469823493_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-51789600-1469823493_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-85810200-1469823493_thumb.pngpost-25739-0-11949600-1469823497_thumb.png

It was absolute slaughter from here on out. Colm was able to get the two chests which contained a Silver Sword and that other thing XD. Ephraim killed the boss quite easily thanks to a Joshua/Ephraim combo.

post-25739-0-96966400-1469823973_thumb.pngThis was the last level up.

Story: Ephraim, Seth and Eirika catch up, but a purple haired girl named Myrrh interrupts nicely and shyly. She explains that a large and ominous thing is headed their way and that they should leave which they do. AND THATS THE END OF THE CHAPTER!

Chapter Review: I reeeeeallly loved this chapter. I nearly lost Joshua, Kyle and Forde, but each character was able to hold out thanks to choke points. I wonder what type of powers or abilities Myrrh will bring to the table, since she is the indigo haired girl that man was after. As I said before Ephraim will be the story we follow, so that's why I was intent on getting Ephraim some levels. Vanessa did amazingly well which was a first. That extra defense and strength went a long way. I realized Artur was kind of lagging behind thanks to Lute's amazing speed and Magic, but he got some good level ups here and there. In total I loved this chapter and can't wait for Chapter 9!

I'm going to go through the first part of the story for technically Chapter 9, so I can start grinding.

Story: Eirika reminds Ephraim of his best friend Lyon and they reveal that it's been a year and a half since they've seen him (definitely the bad guy). Eirika has a flashback and remembers the time they all talked about their blessing and what they want to accomplish in life. The group makes it back to the Grado Castle where Tana greets us with open arms. Prince Innes storms in like a jerk and gets all pushy with Ephraim which I found weird. Eirika, Ephraim, Innes, Tana, and Myrrh all go to visit the King who is shocked by Myrrh's wings. Myrrh belongs to an ancient dragon race known as Manakete. Seth interrupts like a selfish idiot to inform the King that the tower with the Sacred Stone belonging to Grado was destroyed. The woman and man from before kill everyone remaining, but the woman gains a heart and realizes maybe they shouldn't be killing everyone. Eirika and Ephraim say their goodbyes after receiving their assignments. GAINED 10000 GOLD.

Choice: Follow Eirika to Raustan or go with Ephraim to Grado. Since Ephraim won the pole we'll be doing that.

I'll be grinding for the rest of the day I think, so hopefully I don't lose anyone! Woot!

XD not sure what the hate is about, but I guess I'll find out.

It's not Amelia, I love Amelia. And Tana, who you also get. No, the true worst character is

the boss, Gheb.

It's not Amelia, I love Amelia. And Tana, who you also get. No, the true worst character is

the boss, Gheb.

That's a very weird name :P. I think I'm ready for the next chapter considering I got mostly everyone to level 10. So that'll be either tonight or early tomorrow.

Oh god Gheb. In any case, you'll also get Tana, who is probably better than Vanessa. And yes, by the end of chapter 9 you will be asking yourself what makes Gheb so popular, besides having a name phonetically similar to a failed Presidential candidate.

Oh god Gheb. In any case, you'll also get Tana, who is probably better than Vanessa. And yes, by the end of chapter 9 you will be asking yourself what makes Gheb so popular, besides having a name phonetically similar to a failed Presidential candidate.

This is a character, who has not one, but TWO ROMhacks to his name, by the way. I'm currently LPing one of them, and TheMoniker did a good LP of the other, though I plan on getting around to the other as well.

I'll be sure to check out Tana's growths, but my Vanessa has gotten very lucky and is probably one of my best units tbh

This is a character, who has not one, but TWO ROMhacks to his name, by the way. I'm currently LPing one of them, and TheMoniker did a good LP of the other, though I plan on getting around to the other as well.

Two Hacks!? That seems really weird. But into Chapter 9 I go! Wish me luck.

The thing about Tana vs. Vanessa is that Tana has better growths and bases, but Vanessa has better availability. Judging by her level 9 stats in that screenshot, she's actually a bit RNG screwed, as while her luck is slightly blessed, her speed, defense, and resistance are slightly screwed.

The thing about Tana vs. Vanessa is that Tana has better growths and bases, but Vanessa has better availability. Judging by her level 9 stats in that screenshot, she's actually a bit RNG screwed, as while her luck is slightly blessed, her speed, defense, and resistance are slightly screwed.

Well she's level 12 now and has done nothing but level up her strength, skill and speed, so hopefully that means I'll be able to use her more.

Well this Chapter 9 is going to be interesting, since I think I over leveled most of my characters. I really had to think about who I wanted to train considering the sheer amount of units I have, so I ended up training Neimi, Artur, Colm and Natasha up a couple of levels. I did have to buy a couple of weapons in order to have some weapons for Vanessa and Artur XD. I figured out how to use spoilers accidently XD.

[spoiler=Story] Ephraim begins his march to Grado from Castle Frelia. The Grado Empire has set it's sights towards to Frelia and are intent in conquering. Innes meets the invading forces and holds off the invading forces against all odds. Unbeknownst to Ephraim enemy forces await him at Fort Rigwald. The King sends Glen and Valter after us as well. Glen goes after Eirika while Valter is supposed to go after us. Caellach is gonna destroy Jehanna's Sacred Stone while Riev destroys Raustan's Sacred Stone. Duessel is then commanded to go to Frelia, but he decides to ask about the citizenry instead. Selena is then instructed to stay in the castle. Duessel continues to argue, but loses the argument. OMG Gheb is hideous! They managed to capture Tana! Ephraim continues to be oblivious that he is fighting a war. And we meet Amelia! Probably going to die by my hands by accident. One of the soldiers realizes that he's in a video game and the battle begins!

[spoiler=Units] ​zlWt0f1.pngY9VGJov.pngHX3k6UU.pngd4sFUpv.png uBuklNy.pnglLvth3Z.png4p7uHlP.pngCKUP7x0.png8eINqOL.png7THKgMK.pngCt99XJ2.png

[spoiler=Battle]

Turn 1:

~Joshua gets attacked for 10 Damage and kills the Armor Knight in return

Turn 2:

~Lute kills an Archer

~Joshua gets attacked by two axe wielding soldiers, but he dodges both and does 24 to both of the Soldiers

~One of the priests tries to put Joshua to sleep, but misses

Turn 3:

~Joshua and Neimi finish off the two soldiers quite easily

~Vanessa gets attacked, but she dodges and does 18 Damage in return

~Franz gets attacked for 8 Damage, but manages to kill the Cavalier in return

~The Priest tries to make Franz sleep, but he misses yet again

Turn 4:

~Vanessa kills the last Cavalier

~Joshua gets attacked by an Archer, but he dodges

~Priest tries to make Colm sleep, but misses horribly

Turn 5:

~Kyle kills the Archer easily

~Franz gets attacked by a Heavy Spear guy and he's able to hit Franz for 7 Damage, but Franz kills him in return

~Another Cavalier does 2 Damage against, but Franz kills him too

Turn 6:

~A Soldier does 8 Damage to Joshua, but he kills him in return

Turn 7:

~Neimi kills the soldier guarding the door

~Joshua gets attacked by the Armor Knight, but he dodges and hits for 8 Damage

Turn 8:

~Joshua then kills the Armor Knight with the Armorslayer

Turn 9:

~Neimi opens the door

~Franz kills one of the Armor Knights

~Lute then kills the other Armor Knight

~Lute gets attacked for 9 Damage and does 15 in return

Turn 10:

~Lute kills the Mercenary that attacked her

~Ephraim kills the other Mercenary

~Franz talks to Amelia

~Neimi kills one of the Archers

~Kyle kills one of the soldiers

Turn 11:

~Franz gets attacked by a soldier and kills him in return

~Franz gets attacked by another Cavalier and kills him return as well

~Franz dodges the rest of the attacks with ease

Turn 12:

~Ephraim kills one of the Mages

~Colm steals the Red Gem from the Archer

~Neimi then kills the Archer with the Longbow

~Artur begins battling one of the Mages

~Ephraim gets attacked by one of the Mages for 5 Damage

~Ephraim dodges one of the Cavaliers and kills him in return

Turn 13:

~Colm kills one of the Mages

~Kyle then kills one of the Cavaliers

~Ephraim kills one of the Mages

~Ephraim gets attacked by one of the soldiers, but he dodges and kills him in return

~One of the Priests manages to put Colm to sleep

Turn 14:

~Neimi then kills that Priest

~Lute kills the Armor Knight that was blocking Tana's door

~Kyle gets attacked by the Killing Edge guy and he crits twice. Thankfully,he lived.

~Neimi gets attacked by a Dark Mage and kills him for it

Turn 15:

~Amelia starts chipping down the healer

~Kyle and Lute kill the Myrmidon

~Neimi kills the Mercenary

Turn ???:

~Neimi kills all three cavaliers thanks to Franz choking them through the hallway

~Colm manages to wake up and collect all the chests

~Lute, Neimi, and Ephraim manage to kill Gheb barely

Chapter Review: Holy crap Gheb is no joke when he pulls out the Killer Axe. If it wasn't for Neimi gaining Strength on her last level we probably would probably have a few dead team members. All in all I really loved this chapter. Yes there were a lot of level ups and I'll be adding them right this post.

I think I have Eirika, Ephraim and Tana's supports figured out. Eirika and Ephraim will have a B Level Support while Ephraim puts a an A support on Tana. Tana will also put a B Support on Eirika while Eirika gets a C Support with Seth.

If anyone was wondering what brought this on. I'm grinding Garcia, Tana and Amelia up and during that Ephraim managed to get his first support with Tana.

A shame you did Ephraim mode, cause if you had done Eirika mode you would have gotten my favorite character next chapter, but since you did Ephraim you won't get her until chapter 12.

A shame you did Ephraim mode, cause if you had done Eirika mode you would have gotten my favorite character next chapter, but since you did Ephraim you won't get her until chapter 12.

I was pretty surprised myself that I was going to be doing Ephraim's story. That's why I've been grinding so hard. If I didn't before last chapter it would've been really tragic XD

I have something very tragic to report. While grinding I didn't realize that a certain someone was in range of the boss. For those that have gone through the Tower of Valni, you know that I can't regularly save and I refuse Save State. We were on the second floor and our friend and healer Natasha was the one to fall.

I'm incredibly sorry for my oversight. If I knew that she was going to die I would've rather had Moulder die instead, since Moulder has had terrible level ups. On the upside Colm and Neimi got B Support, woot?

Any advice about this next chapter would be appreciated. We'll be tackling Chapter 10.

[spoiler=Character Recruitment]Cormag can be recruited with another unit who you also get this chapter or Tana. I say this becuase Cormag charges you after some point and it's possible you haven't reached the other unit yet, and iirc the game never states that Tana can talk to Cormag. Talking to him with Tana is much easier as well.

[spoiler=Character Recruitment]Cormag can be recruited with another unit who you also get this chapter or Tana. I say this becuase Cormag charges you after some point and it's possible you haven't reached the other unit yet, and iirc the game never states that Tana can talk to Cormag. Talking to him with Tana is much easier as well.

I'll keep this in mind, thanks! I'm really glad I leveled up Tana now XD

I think I have Eirika, Ephraim and Tana's supports figured out. Eirika and Ephraim will have a B Level Support while Ephraim puts a an A support on Tana. Tana will also put a B Support on Eirika while Eirika gets a C Support with Seth.

If anyone was wondering what brought this on. I'm grinding Garcia, Tana and Amelia up and during that Ephraim managed to get his first support with Tana.

Yes! You're conforming with my shipping!