Dragonskin Xander Soloing Lunatic Conquest

Lady Wonder

My first playthrough of Lunatic Conquest really put me on edge. I had to lower it to casual mode after a while. I know Xander joins late but upon recruiting him I want to see how well he handles the last half of lunatic conquest by himself...after applying enemy only skills. This isn't for online play obviously as enemy only skills will just result in me getting shadowbanned but I really want to mess around with ridiculous hacks.

I'm not entirely too sure what other skills to throw on him besides dragonskin and immune status (for those pesky staff users). What other ridiculous skills should I throw on him?

And what about his stats? Ridiculous stats sound fun but maybe not too overboard? Maybe I should only give his speed a "boost" just so he can hit things better. Or perhaps he shouldn't even be a paladin. And his weapons I'm unsure about as well. I guess I'm really just asking for help picking a ridiculous Xander to solo the ending half of Lunatic Conquest.

Just a fun combo, Replicate and Bold Stance.

It will take two turns to setup, but once the Replicated Xander is paired up with the original, then you have double Xander action. Attacking and blocking every now and then.

If you're going to be boosting his speed above normal limits anyway, how about also making him a Vanguard, for the extra Str?

Or, if you do decide to keep him as a Paladin, make sure to give him Beast Shield for when he might need it.

Also, Grima's idea is pretty good. Sounds fun.

Just a fun combo, Replicate and Bold Stance.

It will take two turns to setup, but once the Replicated Xander is paired up with the original, then you have double Xander action. Attacking and blocking every now and then.

That sounds really interesting. I'm not very creative when it comes to skills.

If you're going to be boosting his speed above normal limits anyway, how about also making him a Vanguard, for the extra Str?

Or, if you do decide to keep him as a Paladin, make sure to give him Beast Shield for when he might need it.

Also, Grima's idea is pretty good. Sounds fun.

I really wanted to change his class to get rid of his beast weakness. I just wasn't too sure what other classes he would perform well in lol. I might as well make him a Vanguard that way I could save a skill slot for an offensive skill.

If you wanna get rid of his Beast Weakness, just give him Beast Shield.

Since you're using skills you shouldn't normally have, why not apply personal skills to him? Selena's and Takumi's fit really well if you're doing the Replicate + Bold Stance combo?

Edited by Light Strategist

If you wanna get rid of his Beast Weakness, just give him Beast Shield.

Since you're using skills you shouldn't normally have, why not apply personal skills to him? Selena's and Takumi's fit really well if you're doing the Replicate + Bold Stance combo?

Selena's would be awesome for the bold stance pair up. I would like to throw on an offensive skill, possibly aether, so he can get some HP back IF he manages to take quite a bit of damage...which is why I wasn't sure about beast shield taking up a slot.

Lodestar or Swordmaster would fix his speed well, and both still have access to Swords, just give him boots to fix his move up a bit though, probably.

I wanted to keep him as a paladin for his defense though his speed kind of makes me nervous. If I get bad RNG and his speed barely increases then I'd probably be screwed a bit. If I edit to increase his speed cap a bit I would think it would make no difference if his speed isn't even increasing upon level up. I'm extremely interested in swordmaster Xander as I haven't used him as a swordmaster yet. Hopefully he'd give those annoying ninjas hell.