Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

(Check the bottom of the post for the awakening's characters topic)

This is a daily thing where I pick a random unit from fates, then make a post about it asking people's opinion on that character based on his/her stats, character, design, voice actor, etc...

Here are the characters:

#1: Laslow/Inigo

#2: Shigure

#3: Selkie

#4: Flora

#5: Scarlet

#6: Selena/Severa

#7: Nyx

#8: Takumi

#9: Corrin

#10: Sophie

#11: Shura

#12: Saizo (7/23/2016)

#13: Velouria (7/24/2016)

#14: Fuga (7/25/2016)

#15: Subaki

#16: Hinoka (7/26/2016)

#17: Niles

#18: Felicia (7/27/2016)

#19: Kagero

#20: Kana (7/28/2016)

#21: Effie

#22: Jakob (7/29/2016)

#23: Leo

#24: Hayato (7/30/2016)

#25: Hinata

#26: Silas

#26.5: Hans (7/31/2016)

#27: Orochi

#28: Mitama (8/1/2016)

#29: Charlotte

#30: Odin/Owain

#30.5: Zola (8/2/2016)

#31: Peri

#32: Midori (8/3/2016)

#33: Benny

#34: Arthur

#34.5: Iago (8/4/2016)

#35: Hisame

#36: Camilla

#36.5: Izana (8/5/2016)

#37: Nina

#38: Dwyer (8/6/2016)

#39: Kaze

#40: Azama

#40.5: Gunter (8/7/2016)

#41: Azura

#42: Mozu

#42.5: Yukimura (8/8/2016)

#43: Setsuna

#44: Soleil

#44.5: Reina (8/9/2016)

#45: Xander

#46: Asugi (8/10/2016)

#47: Shiro

#48: Siegbert (8/11/2016)

#49: Kiragi

#50: Forrest (8/12/2016)

#51: Beruka

#52: Caeldori (8/13/2016)

#53: Sakura

#54: Percy (8/14/2016)

#55: Rinkah

#56: Ignatius

#56.5: Garon (8/15/2016)

#57: Rhajat

#58: Ophelia

#58.5: Sumeragi (8/16/2016)

#59: Kaden

#60: Keaton

#60.5: Arete (8/17/2016)

#61: Hana

#62: Oboro

#62.5: Anna

#63: Elise

#64: Ryoma

#65: Anankos (8/19/2016)

What is your opinion on these characters?

This post will not update anymore.

I have just started a similar thread on Awakening's characters, click on this link if you wanna comment on it:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=65992

Edited by RoyLKing

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is the following:

1. Do NOT make all-caps titles, unless you're in Far from the Forest, and even then, use them sparingly.

2. Edit the title to reflect the changes in the characters whenever you switch over.

My opinion is the following:

1. Do NOT make all-caps titles, unless you're in Far from the Forest, and even then, use them sparingly.

2. Edit the title to reflect the changes in the characters whenever you switch over.

OK, I'll keep that in mind in the future posts.

Pretty likeable and it's nice that he doesn't rely on his gimmick all of the time. I haven't really used him despite Merc being a class I always enjoy. His rally is quite good, but it's a shame that it means he essentially loses out on a turn by using it. The few times I've deployed him I prefer to rally rather than use him as a combatant.

No real opinion since I don't use the kids. Has a decent design though his bangs bug me.

Annoying, and not a fan of her design. It seems to be targeting a very specific audience which is just not for me.

I was pleasantly surprised by her role in the story. She's not just a fanservice maid. I would've liked to see more of the Ice Tribe and have her be a little more developed, but as it stands she's one of the better characters in FE14. It's too bad she joins so late, even then I've made a spot for her as a Maid and Witch.

Another of my favourites. She deserved much more from the story. Birthright basically forgets about her after she joins, Conquest limits her to a cameo, and she's wasted in Revelation. Her design is badass and I love using her. Her support with Kamui is very good. Again, I wish we saw more of her.

She's all right. Not as immature as before, but more similar to her Awakening self than Laslow. Haven't really used her either. Currently using her as a Pegasus Knight in Conquest-- it's not as helpful as I imagined.

Like the design, hate the fact she's loli bait, and also hate her personality.

Awesome unit. He feels like one of the characters with more depth. And he is a really Nice Guy, I love his supports. I'm so so on the whole Anankos thing, I feel it was a fine idea but that it should've been done more subtly.

Worst lord.

I don't like her design, and she seems annoying.

Surprised to have liked him as much as I do. He has interesting connections to the other characters and the stuff going on in the world. Haven't really used him as I prefer Niles and Takumi for bow users.

Edited by Book Bro

#1: Laslow

He's more likable here than he was in Awakening, but I'm still not too fond of him. Dandy characters in general aren't really my thing. As a unit, he's pretty meh. I prefer Selena. His daughter is also very annoying.

Azura's son and about as bland as it gets. He's a decent fellow, that much is true, but he doesn't have any qualities that make him particularly memorable. He has one of the best voice actors, though (Matthew Mercer ftw!)

While it may or may not be true that she panders towards a certain audience I don't associate myself with, I still have to admit that she's pretty cute, both in terms of design and characterization. I like her more than her father (even though Kaden is awesome, too.)

She may have depth, which may or may not be rare in Fates, but I still don't really like her. Something about her just bugs me and I don't really know what exactly it is, but I just don't like her very much.

Cool character, but she doesn't get that much screentime in favour of some other characters (whom I rather NOT talk about... *fumes with anger*). It's sad that she joins on the one route where you don't really need a Wyvern Lord. I like her.

#6: Selena

She seems a bit more b*tchy than her Awakening self, but even still, she stands as one of my favourite female characters on the Nohr side. If there's room for a Mercenary/Hero on my team, it will be her. Bonus points for an absolutely hilarious S-support with Corrin.

I have said somewhere else that I really like Nyx. Her design is awesome and even though she may be loli-bait, I don't mind that at all. I think she is a very well developed character and that's all that counts. Her voice is also really adorable and she has the most touching confession in the entire game. Favourite female after Hana, is what I'm saying. She kinda reminds me of Hilda from Stella Glow, if that is familiar to anyone.

#8 Takumi

My single most hated character on the Fates roster. He is a self-righteous a**hole (keep it PG, DragonFlames!), who treats everyone around him like garbage and is what I like to call an 'attention whore', a trait I hate most in humans and fictional characters alike. Yes, he may have insecurities en masse, but that doesn't give him an excuse to treat people around him like crap.

A person like him would be beaten up non-stop in real life. And if Takumi really existed, I'd do the beating myself, even though I'm usually not one to beat random people up.

Also, his face when he crits makes him look derpy.

Killing him is the most satisfying thing in the game and the sole reason I'd pick Conquest over Birthright, where I would always defeat him in his recruitment chapter and let him be killed off in subsequent playthroughs. I have to hand it to, though: he is the first character in the entire Fire Emblem franchise that I absolutely loathe to the point my anger levels rise everytime the little scumbag appears on-screen and whom I openly rage about.

Bonus negative points for shooting a defenseless Elise, you coward!

I actually like Corrin. They go through so much, you'd think they'd break at some point, but no, they just keep going and going until they reach their goal of attaining peace. And that kind of determination is what I admire and aspire to have myself.

She's adorable, her supports are hilarious and her existence gives me an excuse to bench Xander. What more do I want?

I absolutely LOVE Shura (not in that way!). He's a really cool character with a really interesting backstory. I rarely use him, because Kaze and Niles exist, but I never kill him on my Conquest playthroughs. Sadly, he isn't fleshed out more and his entire story begins and ends in his respective recruitment chapter (which sadly happens to every character that isn't part of a royal family.)

#1: Laslow

First of all, Laslow gets points in my book for being voiced by a member of my VA Trifecta, Liam O'Brien. Second, he gets another point for being named after Inigo Montoya from A Princess Bride. His character is endearing in that I can relate to having a crippling shyness, and I find it amusing that he uses flirtation to get over that bashfulness—I like to head!canon his dad is Virion, who is the one that gave him pick-up line tips. Despite being branded a lecher and carefree to the point of negligence, he can be mature, responsible and aware of a situation; as well, he can hold his own in a battle—particularly against Xander, who I assume is hailed as one of the kingdom's strongest warriors.

His design isn't notable to me, other than I like the Mercenary design. I do like how he looked in Awakening more than Fates, though I will add that his portrait seems to look slightly older in this game than in the last game. Whether it is intentional, I'm not sure but that is what my eyes see.

I don't really have an opinion on Shigure. I did enjoy his supports with Forrest and Hisame but, other than that, he seems to be the typical bishōnen character. His design is fine but his bang does irk me sometimes as well. On his Live 2D model, I don't mind it but his portrait makes me squint. My opinion might change after I recruit him and complete a few more supports but, as of now, I am neutral about him.

While I'm not fond of Selkie's personality, I think I may be one of few people that thinks the voice fits her character well. I do absolutely adore her design, though.

This is going to sound mean but I wish I could replace Felicia with Flora.

Despite being a minor character with scant development, Flora somehow manages to be one of the better written characters in Fates, in my opinion. Her story is one that involves choosing loyalty between her family and her lord—which is very similar to the role of Nagamasa Azai in the Samurai Warriors series. She has multiple layers, suffering from distinct jealously towards her own twin and issues of self-worth. Someone wrote a really good character assessment about her on reddit and it describes her with more justice than I possible could. Flora would have benefited from more supports with perhaps Gunter, a Nohr royal sibling and Jakob and Saizou because of illogical head!canon.

I'm not actually that big on Scarlet. I made a fan character that was connected to her but mostly because I wanted the Cheve Rebellion to be fleshed out and not feel as tacked on as it truly is. She would have benefited from more supports.

#6: Selena

I was always neutral with Selena. I think I only really liked her when I made Stahl her dad during Awakening. In Fates, she is still a bit bratty but it's obvious she has good intentions. I think my favorite supports for her is with Xander and Arthur; Xander because he is stupid enough to listen to her advice and Arthur because it reminds me vaguely of her support with Brady.

Her design I do like. I notice that her head looks rounder like a basketball, though.

I like Nyx. While I do wish they had toned down her spiel of being older, I do like several of her supports with characters, such as Tsubaki, Niles, Benny, Kaze and Mozu. I wish her backstory was a bit more fleshed out and explored but I have that same wish for several characters.

I may literally be one of few people that is not bothered by her design. While most people take her words at face value, I honestly don't. I know she is meant to fulfill that "Loli" trope but I don't particularly mind it; at least she has some mental maturity, unlike Nowi. I do tend to think her body is that of a very petite young adult. I don't want to have to use a real life comparison but I do have a friend that is my age (21) that has the same stature and body build as Nyx.

As stated on another thread, I view Takumi as a platonic soul mate. We share very similar personal issues. While mine aren't as exaggerated as his are in-game, I can personally relate to many of his supports. Though, I'm not keen on his rashness when it comes to certain people and situations, I do understand where it comes from.

I fell pretty neutral about his design. I prefer the other royals over it but I don't have any negative feelings towards it.

I don't hate Corrin like most people seem to. I just feel they could have and should have been written better. In particular, I wish their personality would have been written with a bit more care in mind. Corrin's naivety and idealism, for example, could have been the source for some great character development but, alas, we did not get that.

Design wise, I like the thigh gaps, the panty shot and the battle leotard. come at me

She's a good kid, though, not my favorite. I like her design but she seems like Cynthia to me. I'll have to read more supports before coming to a definite conclusion.

I love this man. I married him and never looked back. His support is good, in my opinion, but, like with most Corrinsexuals, he would have benefited from more supports. Maybe with Saizou and one of the royals like Ryoma or Xander.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

1# Inigo/Laslow: My favourite of the Awakening Trio and my Conquest husband. I think he is a better ladies man troupe than Sain in FE7. At least Laslow had a fair reason for his optimism during his apocalyptic upbringing and how he can sometimes learn from his rejections. I even like his daughter as well despite the controversy behind her

2# Shigure: I know he plays a strong role in Heir of Fates which I've yet to play. I kind of wish his supports with his siblings were more complex instead of them trying to get to know each other. Instead why not yet the subject be about why his sibling can't sing on a level like he can and have Shigure help hem improve.

3# Selkie: Not very interesting in my book, her childish behaviour put's me off, if they were try to make her act like how fox cubs would act if they were humans that's fine but make her have a serious side like Velouria. At least her voice sounds cool when she transforms.

4# Flora: She's alright, I wish she wasn't a Corrin sexual and I respect her loyalty to her tribe.

5# Scarlet: Why is she a Corrin sexual?! Her character makes me what to know more about her and she was treated like garbage in Revelations. Battle wise she's fun but she won't be leading the end game.

6# Selena: (A.K.A Medieval Asuka Langley from Evangelion) She's the one who shows the most character development out of the trio. "That was miiiiinnnee!" is now "I guess I owe you one!" I not a huge fan of Tsunderes but she a decent subject of that troupe.

7# Nyx: One of the few characters I don't like. I find her back story sickening as she had killed people for mindless reasons. At least with peri you can argue it was due to childhood trauma. Also her lack of skill is appauling.

8# Takumi: He's OK and I like him in Conquest as you slowly watch his rage descend him in madness. Dare I say, in Conquest, he was very close to becoming a great villain like Lyon in FE8. His Fujin Yumi is way too broken, give it a stat debuff when you use it consecutively or something.

9# Corrin: *sigh* Corrin is the dumbest lord in the entire series. Roy was stupid but at least he was only in his mid teens so he was at the age were he was learning to be a leader step by step. Corrin is such a push over, we had protagonists, such as Hector, Ike and Sigurd who were willing to show no mercy on the enemy. I'm not saying a character needs to kill people to be entertaining but when the main character is from a game were the main theme is war and political struggle and he/she acts like "Stop! Please! Killing is wrong! Why won't no one listen to me?" I can't take them seriously, it's like having the main character in a movie be a boxer who spends all of the story telling people to stop fighting. I feel embarrassed that I used my real name for this character, because this is a character who I cringe from his stupidity. Gameplay wise he is very good, just wished Revelations didn't tried to shower him him experience at the first few chapters.

10#Sophie: The cutest of the children IMO, she may be a cavalier Sumia but I like how diverse he skill set ups can be despite not being too broken compared to Midori. She can still kick ass no matter the set up, even with odd mothers like Nyx and Elise. Sorry I missed your birthday darling, Chapter 24 in Revelations made me want to take a break after that mess of a map.

11#Shura: My third least favourite of the Corrin sexuals behind Reina and Yukimura. He's a good character and his support with Corrin are cool but his depressing My Room quotes made me wish I just killed him for the boots.

Edited by Kevlar

Lovely character growth; I always had a hard time liking Inigo outside of the Future Past DLC, and here he's the same character at his core but with a much more relaxed personality. Pretty much how he always should've been.

No opinion.

One of the blandest characters in the entire series - she likes playing, and she's pretty naïve and unafraid (the two seem to go hand in hand) and violà, there's nothing more to say about her.

One of the best characters in the game. Nice backstory that's actually relevant for her character arc unlike Felicia, acts realistically given the setting barring a certain scene in Birthright and is overall a fantastic addition to the cast, something I didn't expect out of a maid character.

No opinion. Seems like every other tomboy in anime, but I could be wrong.

Acts less bitchy from Awakening, which is nice, but honestly I still don't like her - hell, part of me likes Severa more. Maybe I just found her supports boring in this game.

Really? Another Nowi?

Pretty much the best character in the game alongside Flora. Has a nice character arc, some good supports (although a few of them are nothing to write home about, although it's not always his fault (see Setsuna)), good lines, a great unit and is overall very sympathetic.

One of my least favorite characters of any game I've ever played and everything wrong with the Japanese entertainment industry and self-inserts all rolled into one character.

No opinion. Apparently she has a horse.

Awesome design and a surprisingly good backstory. Of course, as a kamuisexual, he's relegated to a minor role in spite of being someone of some importance.

Edited by Thane

#1: Inigo/Laslow: Not going to lie, I initially disliked this character in Awakening, until I did a run with him as Robin's kid, saw their supports and I played the Future Past missions. In Fates I still like him, with how he has matured from his past experiences both over the course of Awakening (or the Future Past, I really don't know which version we have) yet still remaining true to who he is. Overall, Inigo still belongs in the top three characters from this game for me.

#2: Shigure: No real opinion. Never even really unlocked him. Azura either gets benched due to poor growths or because of her brittleness gets her kill-I mean, incapacitated before she can get an S support.

#3: Selkie: Kinda bland. Just like her father. Damn shame too, because I really like her design.

#4: Flora: I feel like a broken record, as my opinion on her is shared by multiple people it seems. She is one of the most developed characters in the game and actually has an interesting character arc. Combine that with her use as a unit, and you have a very solid character.

#5: Scarlet: A damn waste of a character. She basically exists to be Fates bottom bitch whenever they want to kill someone to up the stakes. We learn next to nothing about her despite her being one of the leaders of the Cheve Rebellion and being a non-Hoshidoan who can influence Ryoma. I wish there was more to her, but there just isn't.

#6: Severa/Selena: Maybe I just have a thing for tsunderes, but I do really like her character. Like Inigo, I was mixed on her at first until I went through the supports and dlc. And like Inigo, she really grew on me. As others have stated, she has definitely matured the most out of the trio since Awakening: "I suppose this would be nothing to you, mother" is now "Look at me now, mother." She is done trying to live up to Cordelia, and now she just hopes that her mom is proud of what she has become. Married her without shame in most of my Conquest runs.

#7: Nyx: No opinion. Too fragile gameplay wise for me, and I have never been a fan of the "looks young but actually really old" trope.

#8: Takmui: Blame Takmui I kid. Takmui is one of the best characters in the game. An absolute beast on the battlefield and possessing surprising depth to his character off the field. My biggest compaint regarding him was how Conquest treated him. He deserved better than he got.

I.e: not turning into possessed daemon spawn. He had legitimate reasons to dislike Corrin. Daemonic possession is not required here.

#9: Corrin: The worst self-insert in Fire Emblem and everything wrong with self-inserts in general. He/she stands as my main argument against including another player avatar figure in the next FE.

#10: Sophie: I still can't get past the battle panties. I mean, come on! Surely one of the designers has ridden a horse and realized why it is advisable to wear long pants! Character wise, she is meh.

#11: Shura: Wasted by being a kamuisexual. He has a really good and memorable design and a very good backstory, but we are not given a chance to see it unfold outside of maybe one or two points (mostly him vs. Kotaro).

Edited by warchiefwilliams

1: Laslow/Inigo: He was my favorite character in Awakening and i loved him in Fates too, showing to be a little more mature and his gimmick isn't too used like for other characters.

#2: Shigure: i need to see more of his supports, but I like his character, in particular his love for the art in general since is not something you see everyday ina a FE character. He also has been very useful in my first CQ playtrough, so he get extra points for that and for being dubbed by Matthew Mercer.

#3: Selkie: No opinion on her: i never bothered to use her to see her supports.

#4: Flora: I must say, while she doesn't have many supports, her moments in the story made me respect her quite a lot by showing how much she cares for her tribe.

#5: Scarlet: I like her, tough not as much as other people do.

#6: Selena/Severa: I must admit that my opinion about her has become more positive in this game: It's probably because here she isn't as bitchy as she was in Awakening

#7: Nyx: Nothing to say

#8: Takumi: I love Takumi: in Conquest, he hates Corrin for good reasons and becomes "conquered" by his own hatred: i just wish they didn't the whole "he was possessed lol" In birthright and in Reveletion is fantastic both as unit and as a character and is one of my favorite in the game too, altough, as a character, i personally prefer Leo.

#9: Corrin: I don't hate Corrin as much as many people. I just wish he wasn't an avatar, since he wouldn't get the whole worship thing that the avatars seems to suffer and perhaps, in this way, he could have been a good lord character-wise.

#10: Sophie: While she seems to be a mix between Cynthia and Sumia, I like that she has an actual bond with her horse.

Also, she is apretty good unit too and can be a good substitute if Silas get RNG screwed.

#11: Shura: my favorite of the Corrinsexual: has an interesting backstory and his boss dialogue with Kotaro is perhaps one of my favorite in the series.

I'm very pissed he doesn't have supports with other characters, since there was so much potential to give him much more characterization imho

I loved him in Awakening and I love him even more now. He seems more relaxed and grown up, his supports are great and he is overall a good unit. I love how his personal skill fits with his backstory/personality, and how they made a point of it in Hidden Truths. He is a fantastic rally bot and a overall solid unit. Would probably marry him in my next playthrough if I hadn't fallen in love with his daughter already lol

His bangs stress me out. His hair colour is lovely though, his VA is great, and he is such a soothing soul. I really do like him. He might be a bishounen Disney prince, but he's darling nonetheless. In my first playthrough of the game (Conquest - Hard), Keaton was his father and he managed to stay useful until the end as a Butler.

I adore her design. A d o r e. She is so aesthetically pleasing and her whole appearance and voice fits so well with her personality. Unit-wise, she is very frail and hasn't turned out that great for me. Maybe she would have been better if I had access to her earlier in the game than I had in my Birthright/Revelation playthoughs.

As with most Corrinsexuals, I wish she had more supports. She seems a tad bit cold (hah), and I would love to see her open up more to someone. Her fate in Birthright was... ugh. I haven't really used her as an unit, so I don't have much to say regarding her usefulness.

Birthright wife because I married Oboro off to Takumi, haha. Scarlet is lovely and deserves more than she got.

Playing the Hidden Truths DLC made me realise how much more I like her Awakening portrait.

In this game, I feel that she is almost more tsun than in Awakening... however, that might be because those people she supports with are mostly new to her. I mean, she warms slowly to people. I absolutely adore this fan-made support chain (from the fates gay hack) between her and Oboro, please take your time to watch it if you haven't.

As a side note, my boyfriend told me he really, really hates Selena and doesn't understand why anyone would like her ever. He hasn't played Awakening and thus doesn't 'know' her from before, so all he got from her in Fates was that she is plain rude and he benched her almost immediately.

A step above Nowi, but at the same time not. I don't like Nyx. She has a cool name, but she's a crappy unit and I don't like her design or voice.

Ah, Takumi. When I was playing Conquest, I asked myself "how am I supposed to ever like Takumi when playing Birthright later on". In Revelation, I ended up marrying him.

Takumi feels like my teenage self so much that I don't know what to do, sometimes.

As a character, he is a genuinely good one. His characterisation is consistent, he is a GREAT unit with great supports convos, and his role as a villain in Conquest is surprisingly good. I mean, most of Fates' story and 'plot twists' made and make me roll my eyes and Takumi was/is no exception (especially that bs about being possessed; being furious and then spiral into madness would be enough/better), but it was nevertheless more interesting having him as a villain than anything in Birthright.

I could write more about Takumi, but I'll save that for another day.

Oh gods, Corrin. As a character, they are just a sad bundle of missed opportunities. Design-wise, they are cute, though. I love the Dragon Fang animation.

(In fact, I vented some of my thoughts on Corrin the other day on my blog, take a look if you want to)

SOPHIE SOPHIE SOPHIE I do not know if I am Sophie or if I'm in love with Sophie

anyway, she is amazing

He seems so nice? I want more supports with himmmmmmmmm. I want more backstory, I want more. I want to know his age! Aaaa!

I never used him in Conquest because I had Niles... He was of some use to me in Birthright, though, flinging the occasional heal here and there, being a pair up bot for +mov sometimes, etc., but not much more outside of that. But, yeah, I do like Shura. Thieves are always one step ahead of everyone else in my heart by default, though, lol

Edited by lollipopocoaster

So, I get to critique characters, huh? Good... good...

What you say about him in Awakening is pretty much what you'd say about him in Fates. I won't go and judge a character solely for being a popular insert, especially in this case because they actually attempted to integrate the Awakening characters into the story (though that was DLC). But I guess he's more... mature in this game. He has a rather well thought out way of looking at his encounters with others that ties into his past of coming from a blighted future. In his supports with Corrin, if you've played Awakening, you can feel the weight of his words, particularly in the B support. I give them props for tying Inigo into this game in a way that makes sense and has some emotional weight.

Unfortunately, I haven't spent much time with Shigure. From what I've seen from him, he's very much like his mother, and obviously loves to sing. He has a high place in the character polls I've seen, and I think it's deserved, probably. And in this case, as well as all other cases, I won't judge him and other characters based on his S supports with other characters unless those are really good or abominations. He was pretty neat in Heirs of Fates.

So here's one furry appeal archetype. Just kidding; I don't particularly mind Selkie. The only sense that she's a furry is in her transformation and her tail, and a character being a furry isn't a reason to judge a character. That being said, she does take on a common furry archetype, which is the playful fox type character. However, the judgement should be placed upon the way the trope is executed, not the fact that it exists in the game. So... I don't particularly think she's that great of a character, but she isn't a horrible or cringeworthy character either.

Well, here's Corrinsexual number 1. I'm with the general consensus in that I think she would've done great with more supports. Though her entire being (and her jokes and one-liners) is of coldness, it isn't all that overwhelming. You don't have entire support lines revolving around a character's annoying tropes or flanderized personality traits with her; just genuine conversations about each others' relationships and pasts. That, and she has a level of story presence that's nice.

It's a shame she's such a throw away character as far as story and support options go, because she's one of the better Fates characters. Sure, she's got a bit of a tinge of tsundere, but her characterization isn't devoted to tropes. I like how her decorating weapons and armor ties into her hometown, and she's a passionate fighter. With just about every other Corrinsexual, her downfall is a lack of supports.

The real tsundere. She is the embodiment of tsundere; she's brash, gets timid when treated kindly or engaged in a flirtatiously in any way, and is very competitive. But again, I prefer to judge based on how her trope is used, not the fact that she's based on it. I don't think she was as well done as Laslow, and her supports with the other Awakening characters are my least favorite ones out of the three, but she has her moments. I particularly appreciated how she gets over her obsession with being "perfect" like her mother in her supports with Subaki and Caeldori, as it shows genuine character growth.

It seems that every C-support with her has the other character assuming that she's a child, even though she has stated countless times that she isn't. She returns this with scoffs and requests for the other character to leave her be, which, if I were to be honest, would probably be what I'd do in the same situation. Though she often gives a cold shoulder to a lot of characters, she also has a soft side. All around, I think she's an alright character. Not overly reliant on a trope, yet not too terribly bland, either.

It's the meme man. It's probably only because of America's current election harboring a man with... certain qualities that Takumi shares. That being said, I like that he's portrayed as a "darker sun" of Hoshido, expressing racism, an inferiority complex, and just battling negative feelings in general. The flaws most other Hoshidan characters seem to have are either silly quirks or that they are "too peaceful" and "good"; I refuse to believe that any one nation, no matter their policy, is comprised entirely of peace-loving do-gooders. Takumi is actually a fairly realistic character, along with one of his retainers. His feelings towards Nohr are justified, since they killed his parents, presumably killed the parents of one of his retainers, and have been rousing constant conflicts with Hoshido via the use of monsters and other Vallite resources.

God, it's the Mary Sue. I seem to like the female Corrin supports more than the male Corrin supports. Unless you're a "do no wrong, be kind to everyone" kind of person, Corrin will not feel like your character. And not only that, but everything he/she does, no matter how stupid or horrible it is, they'll ultimately get high praise for it.

Oh, you killed Ryoma? Eh, Hinoka's alright with that. You turned your back on Hoshido? Well, as it turns out, Takumi isn't actually mad at you; he only got possessed, and the real Takumi in heaven actually appreciates you greatly. You might've even killed his retainers, but he doesn't give a shit.

Not only that, but they're often clueless and stupid when they engage certain characters in supports. A particular gripe I have is male Corrin going up to Forrest and assuming that he was into guys simply because he makes himself look like a girl, though Forrest did respond very well to his dumb presumptions. Though in hindsight, it could be that male Corrin was secretly harboring feelings for Forrest. The female Corrin supports with Forrest, on the other hand, are actually quite nice. I know that Corrin is supposed to be the friendly forest child who knows nothing of the outside world, but often it comes across as annoying when he/she expresses cluelessness, and it isn't quite as endearing as, say, when Goku in the original Dragon Ball anime would smack or kick the pelvis of female characters to check if they have balls.

I think all that I really like about Corrin is found in the female Corrin supports. And the female Corrin designs. And sometimes they recognize that they aren't perfect, even though the narrative tries its absolute best to suggest otherwise. But I don't think they really ever grow as a character.

I like the idea that she's supposed to eventually tame Avel. She seems like a somewhat toned down Cynthia. I'll admit, she's a lot more endearing to me than Cynthia is. And hey, she has a rather small goal (to impress her father and master riding Avel), but if you read her epilogue, you'll know that she becomes a coveted cavalier. In that sense, I like her, because it shows that those who don't desire much can do great things.

Same with the other Corrinsexuals. He's a pretty nice character with an interesting backstory, but he's lacking story presence and supports, which is a shame. It's hard to make judgments on a lot of these characters because you don't have much material to judge them by.

It's just a shame that all the Corrinsexuals are relegated to their roles while other sub-par characters get loads of dialogue because they all deserve more supports (and it'd be sensible to think that they'd be chatting with at least some of the others).

I can't wait to comment on more of these characters. A lot of my juice was spent on complaining about Corn-bread, but I'd like to gush about my favorite characters, as well.

Character-wise, I love how far he's come from Awakening. From the womanizer who had one thing on his mind to a mature man who, while still flirtatious, actually proves to be pretty thoughtful and kind. I especially love his bromance with Odin, especially when compared to their arguing in Awakening, and his supports with Xander and Peri. Design-wise he's fine I guess? I like his little earring, but nothing stands out. As a unit Las has sadly never served me well, even on Conquest he's just been mostly Pair-Up fodder for Peri, and in Revelation he's RIP.

One of the most rounded child units. Unlike most of the kids, he doesn't have a gimmick eating his support alive, allowing him to show a variety of interests and personality facets. And I like what we get with him--he's a sweetheart with an artsy side, but his supports with Azura and especially Heirs of Fate show him to be self-sacrificial and dutiful. Also, Matt Mercer is a great VA and his singing sounds great. Design-wise, I snigger at the emo hair, but given what his support with Sophie tells about it I'm willing to let it slide. I like his color palette. As a unit, he sadly doesn't have much use outside of being a Rallybot, but he's still the best male Sky Knight in the game.

I've never seen what's to like about her. Her personality seems to revolve around one thing and one thing only--playing--and I have a short tolerance for childishness. Her design is nice though, I'll give her that, and like all kid units she can end up pretty good.

I liked her at first, now I think she's a teensy bit overrated. Her qualities as a character are her inner jealousy of Felicia, the burden she's born knowing she's been a political prisoner, and her commitment to fulfilling her duties, but "unrequited love that the character won't spit out for whatever reason" is getting old, and I found her suicide on Birthright to be abrupt and laughable. The fact her fans sometimes bash Felicia relentlessly makes it worse, since while I'm not a big Felicia lover, I don't think she deserves the hate. Unit-wise she's too hard to recruit and not worth the wait, and design-wise I really dislike those tiny litlle pigtails. I don't know why.

why couldn't you support Ryoma That aside, I actually don't feel too strongly about her? I like how she has a mix of tomboy and girly-girl, with the short hair and battle lust contrasted against the love of sparkly things and...mom-ness. I dunno, something about her feels like a "mom". But I've never gotten too attached to her, mostly because of the lack of supports and the fact I usually play Conquest or Revelation. I think she's definitely an example of wasted potential, though, and I like her design. As a unit I've never used her, I find Birthright too easy so I don't play it, and on Rev there's no point sinking XP into her.

Definitely an improvement from her Awakening persona. She kept the core of what made her Severa--the inferiority complex, the Tsundereness, the competitiveness--while losing much of the bitchy attitude, making her more sympathetic. As a unit she usually works out for me. Design-wise, twintailed red-head Tsundere is old, and the Fates merc armor look so generic to me--I liked her outfit in Awakening more.

She's okay? I think her curse and backstory are interesting, but most of the time she's too abrasive and rude to people. That said, her supports where she isn't, like Xander, Subaki, Mozu, and Kaze, have all been great, so I think her biggest flaw is really inconsistent writing. Design-wise I like her face and I hate the rest, though that's mostly due to me just hating the Dark Mage outfit in general. As a unit she is made. Of. Glass. I usually don't use her.

10/10 character. Great antagonist and foil to Corrin on Conquest, great development on Birthright, and even on Revelation, where he's kinda shafted, he still comes across as a voice of reason. I love how nuanced his character is, his cynicism and abrasiveness hiding an insecure young man who proves himself to be kind and loyal once you've earned his trust. Design-wise I'm not too big on the archer outfit nor the pineapple hair, but I love his facial expressions and silver hair. As a unit he's just as OP as the rest of the royal brothers, made moreso by virtue of getting him so early in the game.

#9: Corrin.

I really like him, and I think the worst part about him lies in the fault of the writers--specifically, making him an Avatar. He had an incredibly amount of potential that was incredibly mishandled, which I will never not be bitter about. But as for what we got, I like. He's far from perfect--he makes plenty of errors, he's naive and socially inept and flawed, he can't do everything himself and needs his siblings' help--but he's not incompetent. His idealism is admirable given his situation, and at the same time he's not stupid or a pushover. I kind of just shake my head at people who assume he's nothing but a whiny pacifist. Hello, Birthright and Revelation exist? The routes where he takes charge, says he won't let anyone stop him from doing what he thinks is right? Ringing a bell?

Design-wise, male > female any day. The armor is sick and albinos are neat, but the female's panty shots, cleavage shots, thigh holes, and other pointless pieces of fanservice ruin it. Unit-wise...it's Corrin. One of the most OP-units in the game. The only time I've gotten a bad Corrin is when I try to make him bad by gimping his SPD.

Unimpressive. Avel swallows her supports, which is a pity because the few that don't center on him (Shigure, Asugi, Siegbert) show a pretty sweet girl with her share of interests and goals. As is, I just can't like her because that horse makes up almost her entire character. I hate the battle panties, and like all the kids she can end up pretty powerful with the right mom.

More proof that Corrinsexuals are tragically underused. He has a great backstory, an interesting personality, a neat design, and he's relegated to two supports :( I really wish he'd been able to talk with Azura (who he kidnapped), Saizo (who has a similar grudge against Mokushu), and Ryoma (about rebuilding Kohga). As a unit he comes too late in Birthright to be of use and in Conquest lolBoots ensures he always dies, but he's a breath of fresh air in Revelation's messed up balance.

Edited by Abvora

#1: Inigo

I benched him immediately, so I don't have much of an opinion on him. Even so, the fact that he works for Xander and is buddies with Pieri does not reflect well on him.

I don't know who that is.

Same.

I'm not sure what's up with her. I mean, she just kinda shows up after you upgrade the Fire Orb to level 3. I suppose she was impressed by Corrin's remarkable success in fulfilling his promise to change Nohr from the inside.

What's there to say about her? It's not like it was ever stated why her people rebelled in the first place.

#6: Severa

I picked her over Laslow since it was nice to have a female character around who doesn't wear a visible thong. And I suppose I was actually kinda surprised by the surprisingly good physics of her hair.

Anyway, she actually did pretty well. Her tankyness in particular was quite surprising. Not sure how that happened seeing how I used her as a support bot for Xander most of the time.

Nowi 2.0. Now with a different flavour of immaturity. Well, unlike Nowi at least she isn't a redesign of a past Fire Emblem character.

The only kind of person who is allowed to dislike the Avatar: An utter strawman who is written to be a douche in every scene he is in.

His mere existence makes the game difficult to enjoy. Having a Mary Sue avatar is one thing but how difficult is it to make one that actually lives up to all the praise instead of being an utter piece of shit?

Thankfully he is at least pretty good as a unit. Very flexible early on and later he becomes a good debuffer. He definitely doesn't seem to be as broken as Robin and Kris, which is most certainly awesome considering that you are forced to use him on every map. Their design isn't that great though. It stands out from everyone else in an awkward fashion. Their lack of shoes in particular is something that you would really expect to have a story justification. And it's just sad that even the female Avatar isn't spared from having to expose her buttchecks all the time.

Man, I wish Avel could help me to write down my opinion on Sophie's character. Still, I'm sure that Avel would agree with me that she and Avel became the most valuable members in my team in no time. Their performance was completely outstanding. Isn't that right Avel? And I suppose Avel also deserves some credit for making the naked butt cheeks of this adolescent girl less blatant.

He seems to be an okay guy and a good unit.

Edited by BrightBow

Okay since I've been enjoying reading these comments it's time that I state my opinions myself:

1-Laslow: Honestly, Laslow is a pretty great unit, I love his design (and the mercenary design in this game but I find his to be so fitting), his voice actor is Liam O'Brien, my favorite voice actor, so that's a plus, I like his personality where he's flirty but isn't overused with it like Sain or that priest from FE6, and the fact that he's also pretty formal and respectable too. As for unit-wise, I prefer Laslow to Selena, mainly because his ability to tank more hits and having larger health appealed to me since I like my Mercenaries that way.

2-Shigure: I think Shigure is a pretty decent character myself, his design is pretty good, I love his voice actor, his support conversations never fail to amuse me and interest me (except Selkie and Shigure's), and unit wise, he's pretty great (if only he wouldn't get one shotted as much as a pegasus knight), I found him to have the most kills in my birthright playthrough.

3-Selkie: Egh, Blegh, she's all about playing and that's it, I'm neutral about her design, her voice actor can be a bit annoying, unit wise, she was a bit helpful when I needed to kill some people.

4-Flora: I still need to actually get Flora, but I'm excited to get her and have an opinion on her.

5-Scarlet: Honestly, I loved Scarlet, there was so much potential to her and I wanted her to S support with Ryoma since it would be the most logical pairing, funny that I tried to build support with her with Ryoma before discovering that corrinsexuals were a thing, made me a bit mad and disappointed, I like her design a lot too. Unit wise she's pretty good, but I ended up benching her because of the lack of supports.

6-Severa: I never played Awakening so I might not get to see her growth and understand her character, she can get annoying in her support, but I didn't finish all her supports yet, but Severa X Laslow B is pretty hilarious, so I'll give her props for that. Unit wise, I kinda want to bench her to use Laslow more, but I'll give her props for that good battle animation of hers.

7-Nyx: I found her recruitment to be pretty good and interesting, but I never initiated much support conversations with her, so I can't have an opinion on her character, though I hate her design and voice actor, I really wish she was made more mature than kid looking. Unit-wise, I benched her and used Odin.

8-Takumi: I love takumi, but I won't have a complete full opinion on him yet until I see everything from him, though he is the Innes that I wanted but better. Design wise I think he's fine, I like his legendary weapon's design and feature. Unit-Wise I used him a lot until I got Kiragi, where I replaced him with his son because of just how powerful his son is.

9-Corrin: I don't like corrin that much, he is uninteresting and can be retarded a lot. Design wise I think he's fine, nothing that I fan over, but I think he's fine. Unit-wise..... I really don't care, I don't like using Lords that much since they can get EXP pretty easily, and I like to use more units other than him. I didn't like Yato as much as other people, I don't like it's design, it's use isn't that much special compared to Ryoma's sword or Takumi's bow, I rather found myself using the dragon stone more than Yato in Conquest, unlike Birthright, where I did the opposite. Also, Blazing Yato is an asspull.

10-Sophie: I like Sophie, she has the potential to be an actual character if it wasn't for talking about Avel that much, her conversation with Shigure is pretty good though. Design-wise, she's pretty good, I like her design, the no-pants thing can be avoided a lot since she always rides on her horse, her sprites are pretty good too, showing a form variety in it to character's expressions. Unit-wise, I prefer Silas, I guess mainly it was because she wasn't as much of a heavy hitter as much as my Silas was.

11-Shura: I like the way he was introduced and his character design. I like his voice actor. I didn't get to see much of his story, but I'd definitely like it from what I've been hearing about it, though I still wish he had more conversations with people like Azura and Ryoma.

Tomorrow will only have one character, so don't worry about spending half an hour writing your opinions about characters.

#1: Laslow/Inigo - I love Inigo in Awakening, but... I'm actually not very happy to have awakening characters back... I'm not angry either, but is not the same as before, so, he ends in the ok department

#2: Shigure - Precious boy. At first I didn't paid too much attention to him, but after training him and specially, after Heir of Fates, now he is one of my favorite kids. He is such a sweet boy. He is Kaze's kid, so he become very fast.

#3: Selkie - She is funny, and omg her spd!! Since my Corrin is married to Kaden, I use her a lot, and I'm happy with her.

#4: Flora - She is ok, I don't use her that much, but I like to see her around in my castle

#5: Scarlet - I'm salty for what happend to her in Conquest and Revelation. Good in Hoshido, she was in my team a lot (not all the time, but a lot). She deserved better, and I still believe that it would have been better if in Conquest she joints you to start a real revolution from inside the country

#6: Selena/Severa - Same as Laslow.

#7: Nyx - I actually don't know what to think of her, she is interesting but... I can't see to find the way to use her in my team???

#8: Takumi - Favorite character material here. He is awesome as a unit, and one of the best characters in the game. He is always in my team since the moment he join, and always do an awesome job. He didn't deserve what happens to him in Conquest (I hate Conquest story a lot! ), and I don't mind his hate agains Corrin or other Nohrians, since he have good reasons for them, but the most important part is that he learns that not everyone in Nohr are bad people and he starts making good relationships with them.

#9: Corrin - Oh god... Sometimes I'm ok with Corrin, and sometimes I want to punch them!! Specially in Conquest, I want to punch Corrin in the face to mae them search a better way to do stuffs... But oh well, in the end, Corrin is in the ok department

#10: Sophie - She is funny, and I like her more than her dad... I didn't use her that much, but I actually ship her a lot with Hisame haha

#11: Shura - Same as Nyx

#1: Laslow/Inigo: His character in Awakening but more mature and sure of himself,

#2: Shigure: I haven't played the Heirs of Fate DLC, but he's easily the least interesting Disney Princess ever.

#3: Selkie: She's energetic, that's all I got.

#4: Flora: Never used once, never unlocked any supports with.

#5: Scarlet: This game fucks her over more than it fucks me over when I play as the dude. Which is a shame because she's cool, I like her, I wish she wasn't an Avatar only I would have liked to she how she would have interacted with other characters.

#6: Selena/Severa: So much better here than in Awakening (character wises), she's not a giant cunt fuck bitch in Fates.

#7: Nyx: I don't dislike her but I have no trouble not using her ever.

#8: Takumi: Great character, best in the game.

#9: Corrin: A member of Mensa compared to characters like Chrom and Sumia, naive (sometimes a bit to much) but given their past it would have been unbelievable for them to be the poster child for excellent judgement. But I do like how they try to find the best out of a bad situation. I don't know why but the game hates me when I play as the male. Much prefer playing as the female.

#10: Sophie: No opinion.

#11: Shura: Despite being an Avatar only, they do a lot with his character.

I'm just gonna respond to a bunch of posts here, just 'cuz I feel like it...

#8: Takmui: Blame Takmui I kid. Takmui is one of the best characters in the game. An absolute beast on the battlefield and possessing surprising depth to his character off the field. My biggest compaint regarding him was how Conquest treated him. He deserved better than he got.

I.e: not turning into possessed daemon spawn. He had legitimate reasons to dislike Corrin. Daemonic possession is not required here.

I don't know what to say aside from yes, he deserved better than he got. And his retainers deserved better. But we can spend a millennium talking about things Conquest did wrong...

Playing the Hidden Truths DLC made me realise how much more I like her Awakening portrait.

In this game, I feel that she is almost more tsun than in Awakening... however, that might be because those people she supports with are mostly new to her. I mean, she warms slowly to people. I absolutely adore this fan-made support chain (from the fates gay hack) between her and Oboro, please take your time to watch it if you haven't.

Daw, those fan-made supports are adorable. And they're pretty well written, too. I always thought that Oboro and Selena would've hit it off really well.

One of the most rounded child units...

I liked her at first, now I think she's a teensy bit overrated...

#9: Corrin.

I really like him, and I think the worst part about him lies in the fault of the writers...

Design-wise, male > female any day...

@2: Rally bot, rally bot, woo! Woo! Woo!

@4: I thought her sacrifice was pointless and dumb. She had no reason to kill herself, especially since, in Revelation, Camilla joins your side even though she was ordered to kill you, and even Flora herself joins you even though not following Garon's orders still put the Ice Tribe at jeopardy. She has even less of a reason in BR, since by the point of her sacrifice, a good portion of Nohr had been ravaged/liberated. And as someone who appreciates her, I don't really hate Felicia nor do I feel the need to bash her, but I can get into further details about her when the time comes.

@9: Design-wise, and I know this is more a matter of taste, but I liked the female hairstyles a lot more than the male ones. I can overlook the fanservice nonsense if it doesn't overshadow the other design choices and, in my opinion, the other appeals far outshine the thigh holes.

What's there to say about her? It's not like it was ever stated why her people rebelled in the first place.

Because King Garon's a d***? The narrative very heavily pushes the idea that Nohr is horribly corrupt, and that Garon oppresses his subjects, so I think you're to assume that Cheve is rebelling against oppression.

5-Scarlet: Honestly, I loved Scarlet, there was so much potential to her and I wanted her to S support with Ryoma since it would be the most logical pairing, funny that I tried to build support with her with Ryoma before discovering that corrinsexuals were a thing, made me a bit mad and disappointed, I like her design a lot too. Unit wise she's pretty good, but I ended up benching her because of the lack of supports.

6-Severa: I never played Awakening so I might not get to see her growth and understand her character, she can get annoying in her support, but I didn't finish all her supports yet, but Severa X Laslow B is pretty hilarious, so I'll give her props for that. Unit wise, I kinda want to bench her to use Laslow more, but I'll give her props for that good battle animation of hers.

@5: laurent_in_my_room__update_from_emofuri_

"A logical pairing, indeed."

I just had to involve Laurent in all this.

@6: You really oughta play Awakening. You will come to respect Laslow's supports so much more knowing his past, and you might actually end up liking Selena, too. Mechanics-wise, it doesn't necessarily hold a candle to Fates, but it can still be fun. Also, the characters don't have feet; they only have pegs. Plus, if you play Awakening, you'll actually get my joke about your comment on Scarlet.

#9: Corrin: I don't know why but the game hates me when I play as the male. Much prefer playing as the female.

That's how it feels for me, too.

#1: Laslow/Inigo- Don't care about him, I always bench him.

#2: Shigure/#3: Selkie/#10: Sophie- I hate all children characters equally.

#4: Flora: She's okay, I like her sister more.

#5: Scarlet- I like her, she has the most depth and interesting backstory of all the characters in Fates.

#6: Selena/Severa- I like her better in this game than Awakening but not among my favorites.

#7: Nyx- I don't like her much, I find her annoying.

#8: Takumi- Hate him.

#9: Corrin- Dislike heavily/hate.

#11: Shura- I haven't used him much, but I don't like his hair.

Edited by Sweet_Basil

@6: You really oughta play Awakening. You will come to respect Laslow's supports so much more knowing his past, and you might actually end up liking Selena, too. Mechanics-wise, it doesn't necessarily hold a candle to Fates, but it can still be fun. Also, the characters don't have feet; they only have pegs. Plus, if you play Awakening, you'll actually get my joke about your comment on Scarlet.

That's how it feels for me, too.

Well, I would've bought it before Fates but, it didn't drop in it's price a single, considering how older the game is now, it should've at least dropped 10 dollars, but I'll wait either way until I finish Path of Radiance.

The Soundtrack that I heard from it sounds pretty great but I heard lots of bad stuff about it's story, though it can't be worse than Birthright's, right?

Husbando! I'm one of the few who did like him in the original Awakening game and I was actually pretty pleased to see him return more mature then ever. Married him in Revelations and I gotta say he's probably my favorite so far. His shyness makes him both endearing and relateable. He has some pretty fantastic supports (favorites include Laslow/Saizo (i laughed pretty hard at the callback), Laslow x Azura, and surprisingly Laslow x FCorrin.) Plus he has the voice of a God due to his returning va, Liam O'Brien. Bless him.

Ah, Shigure, my favorite child. Voiced by my favorite voice actor, Matthew Mercer! I do like Shigure because I feel him relateable. Introverted and prefers time to himself, though he is able to buck up do what's needed. Good design too. Sadly though he is a child, as said, which has some setbacks. Namely the stupid way they're conceived. It's okay, Shigure. I still get you every chance I get. You are the only one who I go that far out to get... well, I guess besides Ophelia. I like most of his supports, though one of my favorites is with Mitama.

Buttercup is a furry now I guess. Amazing design... meh personality. Cute support with Forrest I guess.

Best maid. Flora has a lovely design and, yet again, a good voice actor (Julie Ann Taylor! Tsubaki Yayoi! My old BlazBlue main!) doing work for her. I wish she could be something other then a Corrinsexual - I'd probably pair her up with Leo tbh. Jakob's kinda a dick, she could do better. I do find her more interesting then Felicia due to her being very well aware she's in a gilded cage situation. Too bad that scene in Birthright is kinda... dumb.

A cool chick with a cool design. Like everyone on Earth by now I like her with Ryoma, though I would have loved to see more supports with others. Too bad she loves to be the target of IS killing off random characters. Her support with FCorrin is really good and I try and get it done every chance I can.

Holy character development. Severa was my second-to-least favorite kid in Awakening simply due to the way she acted, but now she's a lot more even tempered. She always had a cute design and her portrait looks really good in this game. Selena went from being near high school levels of stereotypical snobbery to... actually pretty chill and a nice addition as far as I'm concerned. I like her most with Hinata or Xander. Also is it just me or does she have a, like, insanely cute expression in one of her portraits?

GXOiCZ3.png

Exists. I don't have much opinion of her. I do like her support with Tsubaki though.

There he is. I like Takumi, like a lot of others have said. He's one of those characters with multiple layers and I can understand his anxieties and self esteem issues - something I suffer myself. I can't say much because mostly everyone has spoken for me. Doesn't have too many bad supports bar ones like with Felicia. I like his supports with Oboro, Camilla (plz n-no bully), Elise, Ryoma, and Sakura the most.

Neat idea, poor execution.

She's cute, I like her more then Silas. I admit I get tired of Avel talk a lot but her supports that focus more on her clumsyness I can stomach more. I do like Cynthia more though, sorry lass.

He has an interesting backstory I wish was explored more but... alas... Corrinsexual. I wish he had supports with Saizo and Kaze at the least. He came in a pinch for Revelations in his join chapter due to a tactical slip up I made. Also, he reminds me of Ragna the Bloodedge from a design standpoint.

Because King Garon's a d***? The narrative very heavily pushes the idea that Nohr is horribly corrupt, and that Garon oppresses his subjects, so I think you're to assume that Cheve is rebelling against oppression.

What oppression? I mean, Garon is a professional puppy kicker but how does that affect the average commoner of Nohr? Especially to such a degree that they would resort to an armed rebellion

Like, Pablo was rebelling in Carcino because he wanted his country to side with Grado and most of his forces were mercenaries. The people of Renais rebelled against Orson because he did absolutely nothing to maintain order while bandits and undead were running rampant. And the Crimean people rebelled against Elincia because she was seen as a weak ruler who did not have what it takes to protect the country from another Daein invasion or any other threat. 3 years previously Ashnard was actually fairly popular among the populace. He was a professional puppy kicker as well but he judged people based on abilities instead of social status, making it possible for those at the very bottom of the social ladder to rise up in the ranks of the Daein army.

So yeah, Garon being a dick doesn't actually explain anything. And civil wars demand a massive blood toll, so Scarlet needs a really good reason for wanting to throw the country into chaos.

Edited by BrightBow

#1 Laslow/Inigo

He was my second favourite child in awakening and it was great to see more of him. I totally headcannon that this Inigo is Chroms child.

#2 Shigure

I didn't think much of him until I actually started using him as a backup healer. I liked him far more than I thought I would mainly due to how kind he actually is.

#3 Selkie

Her voice annoys me and so does her personality, I only used her because my Kaden was under-levelled. That said her design is cute.

#4 Flora

I really really wish that she joined earlier and was not a corrin-sexual because she is a way better than either Felicia or Jacob and it always pained me having to fight her. Her design is pretty and its nice that she actually understands her situation unlike a certain other maid. There was also no reason she had to make herself unrecruitable in birthright.

#5 Scarlet

Best wyvern rider hands down. Her design is amazing and she has such a fun personality, I also really wish she was not a Corrin-sexual because I want to see more support conversations from her. The game treated her way too cruely for my liking in both conquest and revalations, like was there any reason I couldn't have her in those routes

#6 Selena/Severa

I absolutely could not stand severa in awakening easily the worst child unit for me and the sole reason Cordelia was a loner 90% of the time. She is so much better in this game though, she is more mature and her antics are even a bit cute.

#7 Nyx

I find her personality okay but I hate that she is loli bait, that said as a unit she was a lot of fun because nothing is as good in conquest as a unit that can actually double something, I know crazy right. You already have enough people to take hits in conquest anyway, and she is way better than odin in anycase.

#8 Takumi

The ultimate scapegoat apparently. One of the only characters with a good amount of depth, also rather annoying in birthright as he is so good that invalidates any other bow user.

#9 Corrin

Wait he was a character, I was under the impression he was a god with all the worship he got.

#10 Sophie

I haven't used her but apparently she is like cynthia and I hated cynthia (Bloody garchomps)

#11 Shura

Why are all the goddamn interesting characters corrin-sexuals like seriously

WARNING: Post may contain unpopular opinions

He's so adorable although I actually liked him in awakening more slightly as a unit. Cool voice and nice design and an interesting character. Unit wise... He's meh tbh. Yeah the Rally personal skill is nice but he kinda falls flat since I've used Selena more and Peri is a better unit for me.

I'm neutral with Shigure. I thought I was gonna like him, and I like his supports with his parents, but he's pretty meh everywhere else. His voice actor nailed his voice tho.

She's a cute little insert with a nice design and good as a unit, but not really interesting other than that. I actually like her voice too, fits for a character like her.

I like how Flora and Felicia are Yin and Yang. Felicia's a kind loyal person who doesn't gives up her position and has a strong sense of mind, with the exception of being a bad maid. Flora is a good maid, but can be torn when it comes to loyalty due to her lack of strength Felicia has.

Flora though I'd put a ring on first because of the fact that not only she's a good jack of all trades that I would actually use as soon as possible, but because she's voiced by the same woman who voice my Blazblue waifu Tsubaki Yayoi.

Corrinsexual, wasted opportunity, gets screwed too hard in the routes... every other thing that's been said about her I agree with. ALTHOUGH, I actually do not want to her to have Ryoma as an S-Support above everyone else. Yes, it'll add more to the story, and yes, it'll make sense, but the other characters can possibly make even better S-Supports than just Ryoma.

And Shiro would look awful with blonde hair

I actually liked her in Awakening, especially her interactions with the other female kids. I like her even more now in Fates since she's showed more maturity and whatnot, and props to her voice actor for making her sound older. Although I like her design in Awakening better and liked her better as a unit in Awakening. Don't get me wrong, that black is sexy, but the yellow as well as the neat little boob patch looked more appealing to me. And she's okay as a unit here too, being better than Laslow, imo, but Awakening Severa was a monster no matter who her father was.

Why are people comparing her to Nowi just because of the 'Older than she looks' Trope? Honestly, she's way more tame than Nowi personality wise and design wise(Nowi's outfit shows more skin than Nyx's.) I like her backstory, but there's so much... wasted potential... on her story. I actually like her voice, it makes sense because of the curse. Thought the attack sounds are very out of place.

This guy is the best thing about Conquest and possibly the best executed of all the characters. You're made to hate him since he's the only sibling that actually wants you dead on the Hosido side, and the way he acts and behaves on all the encounters with him. Then when you find out why he acts that way, you actually feel bad for him. And he's a bro in his supports and in the other paths too. Design wise he's okay. Not too exciting, but not too boring. As a unit he's broken. Even without Fujin Yumi, those stats are scary.

I can say without a doubt that he's the only archer that I actually like in the whole series that doesn't have a female reproductive organ.

Ho boy... Well, it's safe to say that Roy is no longer considered the worse Lord in FE history, which is funny considering that people hate Roy because of his 50/50 stat growths and the way that FE6 was designed. Corrin is hated for being, from I've gathered: An idiot, a crybaby, a Gary Stu/Mary Sue, a hypocrite, a wuss, a protagonist that's gets too much credit for something consider morally wrong in real life, someone with no common sense, makes shitty decisions, a dick rider in conquest, a jackass in birthright, 'the main reason why avatars are killing FE', never learns from his mistakes, has a dumb design with fanservice, and maybe even more.

As for me... I honestly like Corrin to an extent. Conquest's story didn't make me wanna bite rusty in frustration in spite of its flaws, and it technically did it's job as the Dark Path considering how many people hate it story wise, but I will agree that the premise was... wasted potential. I would've love in both paths to see Chapters that actually teaches Corrin on how to lead, or hell, have Yukimura or whoever lead first and have Corrin take over afterwards. I honestly love both designs equally. I'm not the type to get nickpicky over something exposed thighs/cleavage/panties/etc. because in some situations that doesn't break the character like at all when the game comes out(ex. Charlotte). Minor things like that are kinda silly to get angry about in my eyes. The only thing I don't really like are the rushed Marriage supports that he/she has most of the time and his naivete can get grating at times.

Is Corrin the worst Lord in FE history? Well, to be honest, no, because there aren't any super amazing lords in FE when in comes to story. Does Corrin has the most flaws in execution when it comes to Lords? As a character, yes, but as a unit, hell no.

I LOVED Cynthia in Awakening and I love Sophie too, but she really needs to shut the fuck up about Avel. Like her design, even with a lack of pants. As a unit, she's okay I guess.

Badger Man is cool guy, but kinda eh when it comes to the corrinsexuals. Although he's a good substitute if Niles falls flat, but I still use Niles since I don't start using prepromotes if I get them at the end of a chapter.

'Wasted Potential' will never stopped being said in the Fates subforum, is it?

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ