Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

She's okay. I only recruited her once. I liked her support with her mother and I think she has a support with Sophie that I enjoyed. Not really a fan of her design; I like Red Riding cloaks but not on her. I think it may be her portrait or something.

But, yeah, she's one of the kids I'm neutral about.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One topic only. Not a bunch of 'em. So I'm gonna merge this with the other one.

To edit your topic title, go to the first post, click Edit, then click Use Full Editor.

EDIT: And for my actual opinion, I adore Velouria as a Berserker, especially if I can get my hands on Certain Blow.

Edited by eclipse

One topic only. Not a bunch of 'em. So I'm gonna merge this with the other one.

To edit your topic title, go to the first post, click Edit, then click Use Full Editor.

EDIT: And for my actual opinion, I adore Velouria as a Berserker, especially if I can get my hands on Certain Blow.

What one topic only? This is a daily thing though, I post one every day, having one topic won't notify people about new posts.

Velouria is gimmicky as all hell, but her design is absolutely adorable and her gimmick is a bit more tolerable than most of the other child characters. Her versatility on the battlefield seals the deal for me, as I noticed that she is a very difficult character to screw up from the eugenics side of things.

What one topic only? This is a daily thing though, I post one every day, having one topic won't notify people about new posts.

Isn't that what the little star/round bullet beside the topic is for? As long as you and others keep posting in the topic, people should always know that there are new posts. And if you're concerned about people not knowing when you update the thread, can't you just change the topic title? I'm sure regular participators will know when there's something new, and that's all that should really matter...

Someone a while back made a daily poll about favorite character critical quotes, and it was always just one topic, and it always had people posting in it, up to the very end. They would edit the OP to reflect the day's options and other important points.

Topic look different whenever a new post is made. If you change the title (to 14 once tomorrow comes), people will see that, along with the new post, and respond. There's also the Follow feature, which sends a notification to whoever clicked on it (so if someone is super-interested in this topic, they'll know).

If you REALLY want to see this in action, keep an eye on the mafia subforum. The titles are supposed to be updated every time the phase changes (72/24 hour cycles), and separate topics for each phase would be really annoying.

Edited by eclipse

Topic look different whenever a new post is made. If you change the title (to 14 once tomorrow comes), people will see that, along with the new post, and respond. There's also the Follow feature, which sends a notification to whoever clicked on it (so if someone is super-interested in this topic, they'll know).

If you REALLY want to see this in action, keep an eye on the mafia subforum. The titles are supposed to be updated every time the phase changes (72/24 hour cycles), and separate topics for each phase would be really annoying.

Isn't that what the little star/round bullet beside the topic is for? As long as you and others keep posting in the topic, people should always know that there are new posts. And if you're concerned about people not knowing when you update the thread, can't you just change the topic title? I'm sure regular participators will know when there's something new, and that's all that should really matter...

Someone a while back made a daily poll about favorite character critical quotes, and it was always just one topic, and it always had people posting in it, up to the very end. They would edit the OP to reflect the day's options and other important points.

Yeah after thinking it again, I think I can see how it can work, so I can deal with it.

In story, I like that he's boss battle that isn't antagonist on any route, it's more of a prove yourself type of deal. I want to unlock his supports with Hayato to learn more.

BTW, which character was #12?

Edited by I'm a Spheal

In story, I like that he's boss battle that isn't antagonist on any route, it's more of a prove yourself type of deal. I what to unlock his supports with Hayato to learn more.

BTW, which character was #12?

It was Saizo

It was Saizo

Thank you.

#12- There are times were I think he's cool and their are times were I'm wired out by him. But when is a big softy is like the best thing ever. Like his brother Kaze so much more.

#13- Velouria is our lord and savior, screw Jesus Christ. Everything about her is amazing.

I like Fuga a lot! I think he is a pretty good boss and he is a good unit as well. But yeah, he could use some more supports, like with Rhajat or Ryoma

Fuga needed more supports. Just like the other CorrinSexuals. There really isn't anything else to say.

It actually suprised me, when I realized Fuga had no boss conversation with Felicia or Rinkah in the games, considering who they are.

Heaven forbid the game attempt any world building! That would require too much effort! (sarcasm)

Edited by warchiefwilliams

#1: Laslow/Inigo

I always liked Inigo in Awakening and in Fates it is no different, though in Fates I use him more for support and never really went aggressive with him like I did with Awakening but that's not much of a problem, just means I have to use him as a rally bot more. He's funny and charming, I've always liked him in both games.

#2: Shigure

I like Shigure's design and I found his personality to be oddly appealing, singing to animals in his support with his sibling, I liked that part. And as a unit he's a pretty useful support and offensive unit as a Falcon Knight so I can't complain much there. Great character, but far from my favorite.

#3: Selkie

I like Selkie, I thought she was cute, and she was a powerhouse in birthright. I just liked her childish personality, after seeing how depressing the kids in Awakening were, Fates' were a breath of fresh air.

#4: Flora

Meh, I don't like Flora all that much, I always find the more flawed characters interesting anyway which is why I perferred Felicia. But what made me dislike Flora is [spoiler=Birthright Spoiler]The retarded actions she did in Birthright by committing the worst and most hilarious suicide I've ever seen. I've posted my full opinion in this topic http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64485&p=4429287

#5: Scarlet

I think she's cool for what little I've experience of her, there's not much you can experience about her anyway since she's Corrin exclusive

#6: Selena/Severa

While I always liked her like I did with Inigo/Laslow for Selena it's a bit different because I like her more in Fates whereas I liked Laslow equally in both games. In Awakening, Severa was a cool character but she was too much of a bitch for me, too much Tsundere in her. In Fates they cut some of that down, maintaining the essence of her character while making her more likable. So overall, awesome character, one of my favorites in all of Fates.

#7: Nyx

Don't have much to say about her as I didn't have as many supports with her as I would've liked but her first impression left much to be desired.

#8: Takumi

I debated with myself for a while but I think I've come to a conclusion, Takumi is my favorite character in Fire Emblem Fates, at first I hated him, and to be honest who wouldn't? But he grew on me a lot during my playthrough of all three games. Takumi is one of the most complex and realistic characters in Fire Emblem Fates as he has doubts for Corrin whereas everyone else worships him. He is also the most influenced character based on Corrin's big decision at the start and if I were to go deeper I'd have to spoil the storyline for all three games. But amidst all the angst and hatred he houses within him, Takumi is a very nice and compassionate person, you could say he's a tsundere and I think he's a tsundere done right! As for his abilities on the battlefield Takumi is the best archer in fates and a frightening powerhouse of a unit, landing critical hits like no other and since he's an archer he rarely misses. All and all, Takumi is my favorite Fates unit bar none.

#9: Corrin
First of all let's start with the positives, Corrin is one of the best if not the best unit in Fire Emblem Fates in terms of gameplay, being able to fit into literally any role that you give him and excelling at it, he's much like Robin in that regard but he has to A support other units to get their classes. Corrin is a savage with his exclusive weapon the Yato that powers up at fixed points in the storyline in all three paths in the game. He's a beast, but sadly I can't say the same about his character, I hate Corrin's character! Corrin is one of the most unrealistic characters in Fates and Fire Emblem as a whole, being a saint throughout, never developing and being completely naive and too trusting in all paths, I also hate how he/she is worshipped by every character in Fates. [spoiler=Spoilers for Birthright and Conquest]I mean he never accepts the fact that we're at a war and people have to die and yet he lets them live regardless of how bad it'll backfire on him, sometimes causing the character to die regardless in the end (Ala Flora, Ryoma and Takumi)

But Corrin isn't all that bad, I only really hate him during the plot, in the support conversations, I actually think he's pretty cool and owner of some of the best supports in the entire game. So for me Corrin is a mixed bag, I don't loathe him like some others though I'm also not his number one fan either. He's a cool character occassionally and occasionally not so much.

#10: Sophie

She's cool I guess, I only used her a bit but her first impression was strong unlike Nyx's.

#11: Shura

Good archer, not much I can say beyond that, I like that he actually has a conversation with Kotaro in Conquest though. A lot of characters that have history with others in this game don't always get that opportunity.

#12: Saizo (7/23/2016)

Saizo's cool, utterly badass and for some reason he makes me think of Snake from Metal Gear. He's the weakest Ninja of them all sadly, but still cool. Only thing I don't like about Saizo is let's be honest, he's a bit of an ass.

#13: Velouria (7/24/2016)

I like her design being a reference to little red riding hood and I think the character is cool overall, not much to complain.

#14: Fuga (7/25/2016)

I used him during the late game Revelations maps so he was useful for a portion of my total play time of all three games but as a character, meh, he doesn't stand out that much, he isn't bad by any means but he suffers for the same reason Scarlet does, but at least scarlet made an impression on me.

Edited by Rxmonste

I like Fuga. He's one of the few characters who has an interesting history with Sumeragi and I kind of wished he had supports with the Hoshidan royals such as comparing Ryoma and Takumi's battle ethics to their father. It's a shame that the Master of Arms class is one of my hated classes in fates due to me having bad luck with using them.

Like many said, Fuga needed more supports to be more interesting because, while I did like his role in the story of all the three paths, there isn't anything else that stand out about him.

Except the "wind" he create when he attacks. That was cool.

Oh woe to Fuga, as his tale is the same as every other Corrinsexual, except he actually has story prominence of some sort in all routes. He's a grizzled warrior through and through, and uses what he has learned to protect his tribe. Would be a better character if not for lacking supports.

I honestly don't have much else to say. And I know there's another Corrinsexual to come, and I'll have the same amount of things to say. I don't particularly like this trend of having characters with either no supports or, like, one or two, especially when there are characters they can talk to. It just makes them feel like they're throw away characters, which is especially bad given that many of the Corrinsexuals are written so well. I could go on about Corrinsexuals and how they could do with more supports, but it's been rehashed constantly, and this thread is supposed to be about the characters themselves, not an archetype or trope for characters.

maybe my random name picker will be ever so merciful and not pick a corrinsexual tomorrow

If your random name picker calculates results like how Fates calculates RNG vaules, we will end up with another corrinsexual or an amiibo unit.

Fuga is pretty much much my least fav Kamuisexual. His boss appearances don't make much sense, and then he doesn't get any more screen time until randomly joining in the last route and contributing nothing.

He's also the boss of that wind chapter so f him.

Laslow is good as a character, but overshadowed by Selena as a unit.

Shigure is kinda... just there. Maybe if it was specifically the Heir of Fate one I'd have an opinion? He's a good Rallybot though.

Selkie looks adorable, but her personality is just not very good, especially during a war. As a unit, I prefer Garous.

Flora looks extremely pretty, has a nice backstory and is a decent unit (Shame she's so late game.) Although I can't help but compare her and Cords because of both their VAs and whole unrequited love with Jakob and Chrom respectively. And considering Cords is my favorite FE character...

BR Spoils

I don't dislike her because of what she did in BR. Flora, in BR, had probably contemplating suicide for a while. She was ready to kill herself if she lost against Corrin and his army. It's part of the process of suicide; Tunnel Vision and Suicide Mindset. I think Flora is actually EXTREMELY well written in Birthright. I honestly recommend you go read up on suicide. I mean, If you've already gone through High School health, you should know this already. It honestly hurts to see Flora in BR get completely shat on.

Scarlet is a great unit in BR, and is an extremely likable character. I also ship Scaryoma. It's a shame she and Flora aren't 1st gen units, they really should've been.

Sev-lena is still my favorite Fates character, although I don't marry her because it's a bit weird to marry my own daughter headcanon-wise. She's also a good unit. :>

Nyx is a character I warmed up to after S-Supporting her in a PMU. She's still now anywhere near the top, but as the indecisive frick I am, no one is really near the top. While I didn't use her in her normal class tree, she kicked ass as a Paladin with a Bolt Naginata.

Takumi is a really interesting character who gets more flak than he should. His unstable emotions are dealt with very interestingly and I feel he's one of the most developed characters in Fates along with Elise. As a unit... I actually find his damage output and survivability to drop once you get to mid-late game BR and late game Rev.

Corrin is a fucking idiot in the story. He's up there for worst Lord imo. The sad thing is that I'd probably make some, of not most of the same decisions he does that are really dumb, which makes me able to really understand Corrin's mindset when he does what he does, and I honestly don't hate him anywhere near how much I should. His supports can be really good though.

Sophie has a really adorable design, and her lack of self confidence is something I can relate to. Plus, ever since I learned that Avel wasn't a direct reference to Abel from FE1/3 and was actually called Avel not Aberu, I've liked her a lot more. As a unit, she's Silas with altered growths depending on her mother really. Although her personal skill is pretty good... for multiple reasons.

Shura is a very interesting character with plot relevance that honestly needed more supports and more fleshing out. As a unit, he's a biiit broken in Rev. Granted I haven't used him. Maybe my eventual Conquest PMU will change that.

Saizo is another interesting character, but this time he has the character development he needs! As a unit, I've never really used him. I have no reason why, I just haven't used him.

Velouria is an amazing unit. She typically ends up as a speedier and stronger version of her father, which says a LOT. I also really like the Little Red Riding Hood basis in her design. :3 Shame I haven't done many of her supports. I don't know if I like her beyond her design and as a unit.

Heh, Fuga. In a path I've only finished once so far (twice soon) and comes late game as a meh class. And I don't know his character that well. And his design is bland...

Well that ended on a sour note...

Edited by TrueEm

1.) Laslow went from a great first impression to full-on stupid. At first, I'd only read his some of his castle quotes and recruitment dialogue and figured, "Huh. This is like a smoother version of Inigo, without the 'hit on everyone' gimmick."

...only for him to go full stupid in his supports. Really, I don't see any major difference between him now and the way he was in Awakening.

6.) Thankfully, the parts of Selena that were exacerbated in Awakening are pushed aside in favor of her more positive qualities. She's a lot more honest and self-aware, and even admits her flaws at certain points. Her support with Beruka is as fine an insight into who she is as any, as are her supports with Subaki and Caeldori. She smiles a lot more than she did in Awakening, too, and has much better portraits to display her various emotions. Altogether, I feel like this is a naturally matured version of Severa that doesn't compromise her core character.

4.) Boy, here we go. Flora's portrayal in Conquest is that of a bitter and unapproachable woman who hides it through a thin veil of servitude. It makes little sense for her to even join the army, and unlike Kaze, she can't play the 'loyalty to Corrin' card, considering she put that aside to protect the Ice Tribe in the first place. At the point in the game she joins, they're still fighting under Garon's banner, so what's she even doing there...? Her support with Corrin never even brings up the rebellion, which is extremely odd and should have created at least a hint of friction between them. Her supports don't explain anything about her, other than the one with Felicia, where she is, again, bitter. I get that she's been a hostage for most of her life and she holds resentment toward Felicia's combat prowess, but that's all we have to work with. Nothing about Flora is terribly interesting.

Edited by Inference