Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Isn't Azama another one of those controversial characters? This'll get... dramatic. Let's get riiiight into the news!

Krazy Kaze
Okay, so he's only "crazy" in this random nickname I gave him for whatever reason. He isn't the most interesting character, but he isn't too bad, either. If anything, he's good for others. Though I'm still at a loss as to why he's playable in CQ. It really is essentially that you said some nice things and he was so touched by them that he decided to join you. If it was to pay you back for you saving him from Garon, then Rinkah should've joined, as well. I mean, you're working with Nohr - a kingdom known for its cruel leadership - and Nohr's only leg up on Hoshido is that they have one extra guy in the army who's supremely idealistic. Plus, your army goes about killing tons of Hoshidans anyway, including half the royals and possibly Saizo. Tell me again why it is that joining Nohr is a good idea?

Azama

If Azama existed in this day and age, he'd be wearing a fedora. :P:

Azama - He's not funny, he's the equivalent of a neckbeard who shoots his mouth off first, then doesn't have the spine to apologize and fix himself for the better.

Pretty much a TL;DR on my opinion of Azama for anyone who's been reading my opinions. On a side note, I've actually had friends like that; whenever they expressed a controversial or outright inflammatory opinion that offended someone or whatever, instead of apologizing, they'd say "well, I'm just trying to start a conversation". You know who else tries to "start conversations"? Terrorists who see themselves as martyrs.

Alright, so I remember that there was a thread on this board that was dedicated to talking about Azama's philosophical approach to life (if I recall, it got locked because of alleged plagiarism). The OP stated that Azama was an "absurdist" in that he feels that life is meaningless, but he should pursue its frivolities anyway. This and him sometimes being funny are the reasons some people like him.

But I'm not on board with worshiping some chum just because he has a philosophy that may or may not be interesting. Lemme tell you, I know a lot of people who actively take this approach to life, so it's hardly a unique thing. A lot of them (not all of them, but many of them) have the same few traits; they're arrogant (despite their protests saying otherwise), they're nihilistic towards big problems (e.g. world hunger, terrorism, etc.) unless they're experiencing these problems themselves, and they're huge dicks to anyone who holds a different opinion from their own. Now, I might say that my own philosophy is similar to that (in more of an agnostic way rather than an absolute way), but I actually try to be nice to others, and hardly think that I'm smarter or better than any other chum just because of the way I think. I don't think it's worth ruffling some feathers just for a few petty laughs.

Yes, he sometimes makes me laugh. And yes, I enjoy his daughter. But I'll never forget that he's an arrogant dickhead to most people he encounters, and the narrative treats it like he's got a unique perspective that everyone should take into consideration. If you want a unique perspective, go with characters like Niles. Azama's just a fedora tipping Reddit atheist.

GUNter

I'll never forget the line of joke screenshots that had Gunter pulling out a gun and shooting Hans dead. Alright, so he's Jeigan reborn as far as units go. Except not really... I don't know a thing about him in BR; don't even know if he's obtainable or not (I heard a rumor that he was?). In CQ, he comes rather late, so he can't support all that much, though he luckily only has a couple supportable partners. Unfortunately, much like the other Corrinsexuals, that's where his flaw as a character lies. Again, wasted potential... IS, why'd you invest more supports into dickhead Azama and Peri the gimmick than in characters who many actually seem to like? I'm sure people would actually use Gunter if he had more supports even if he still kept those atrocious growth rates.

So, how many controversial characters are left? Is it just Rhajat and Soleil, or are there more? Is Setsuna a controversial character, or is it just that some people like her and other find her dull? Find out next time only on Drama Alert "Opinions On That FE Character"!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how many controversial characters are left? Is it just Rhajat and Soleil, or are there more? Is Setsuna a controversial character, or is it just that some people like her and other find her dull? Find out next time only on Drama Alert "Opinions On That FE Character"!

I believe everyone can be controversial, but from what I assume we have Rhajat, Soleil, possibly Xander, and maybe Ryoma.

I believe everyone can be controversial, but from what I assume we have Rhajat, Soleil, possibly Xander, and maybe Ryoma.

i can see xander as controversial, but ryoma? i think most people like him, and there aren't many who dislike him more than other characters

I'm still wondering about the controversial thing about Rhajat myself, is it the stalking? Since it isn't that focused in her supports THAT much. Though Soleil being attracted to girls is controversial from what I heard.

in any case, it'll probably take a while until Rhajat is up, but tomorrow's character will be controversial.

Rhajat isn't controversial for more than being what people think is a Tharja clone; she is in the same boat as Asugi and Caeldori. Soliel is obvious. Xander is obvious, too. Ryoma has the whole "he wouldn't give Elise medicine ZOMG" tihs that no one wants to hear about because it has been talked about to infinity and beyond.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Xander is obvious, too.

*Cracks knuckles in anticipation*

Ryoma has the whole "he wouldn't give Elise medicine ZOMG" tihs that no one wants to hear about because it has been talked about to infinity and beyond.

I still can't believe that's a thing. I won't try and start the discussion preemptively, but I guess itll be one of the few times where I'll defend the writing of the game.

Since I missed the ones yesterday:

Nina: Absolutely adorable. Her yaoi shtick was less grating than I thought it would be, and I like her whole "robin hood" design. I also appreciate how she was understandably bitter about being tossed into an outrealm like yesterday's garbage, and it shows. Overall, I like her more than I thought.

Dwyer: Another one of Midori's top customers. Far too lazy for my tastes.

And now the ones from today

Kaze: I think he is alright, but his reason for joining in Conqest are absolute bollocks. The reason state "you seek peace" is absolute bull, and as Ertick brought up, if it was a life-debt thing, Rinkah should have joined as well, especially how she seems bigger on the whole life-debt thing. I do really like his support with Beruka though, that was touching. As a unit, he really shines on Conquest where he is your only ninja barring any reclassing, and he excels in that role.

Azama: What an ass. I am a fan of the cynical priest joke, but there is a fine line from being cynical and being an unlikeable asshole. And he leaps over that line. I only used him long enough in Revelation so I could have my Effie!Mitama, who is a far better character. (Forgot to mention, I also really like Mitama).

Gunter: The resident jagen, and ho boy does he fill that role. He is only really useful during those first two chapters to put damage on enemies so Corrin and Felicia/Jakob can finish them off and during that one chapter in Conquest where he is the only other unit you have besides Azura and Corrin. Like so many other characters, he is wasted potential as far as the story goes, but as I have said multiple times for multiple characters. He could have a whole arc exploring his past and his family, but whatever. I guess watching Corrin derp around making shitty decisions is more important than actual and engaging drama.

Ryoma has the whole "he wouldn't give Elise medicine ZOMG"

Is that still a thing? Gods damn it. Well, we will burn that bridge when we get there.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

I still can't believe that's a thing. I won't try and start the discussion preemptively, but I guess itll be one of the few times where I'll defend the writing of the game.

Is that still a thing? Gods damn it. Well, we will burn that bridge when we get there.

lol That's the only controversy I can think of in regards to him. That and how he takes up all the screen and how OP he is.

Kaze: Does the nice guy schtick ten times better than Silas. That's all I can really say - he often gets sidelined in my games, sorry, Kaze!

Azama - I agree with most of the previous assessments of him. He's an ass and an unfunny troll. That being said, I have to grudgingly admit that he's one of the better marriage options for Corrin. The S-support is terrible, but his post-marriage lines are actually sweet and he has one of the best Kana/father supports. It elevated him slightly in my eyes, although he's still one of my least-favourite characters.

Kaze: Nice guy, but he often gets overshadowed by other units in my playthroughs... He's not a bad unit, it's just that I can't really seem to find a solid use for him that my other units can't already fill.

Azama: "Oh, whoops, did I just set your hair on fire? Hehe, life!" <-- this is basically Azama. That's all I got to say.

Gunter: Jagen Archetype, and god, does he suffer from it, but he does have one of my favorite voicelines "I will have my revenge!" so it's quite a shame to see his growths be so horrid even with time and care put into him.

Aww geez, super later to this. Where to begin?

#1: Laslow

Never was a big fan of him, both in Awakening or Fates. His little "I'm a big flirt, but I'm actually super shy/awkward" thing is super lame. Never understood why people say he "matured" in Fates when he's pretty much the same personality-wise. He's pretty mediocre as a unit as well (Anankos probably saw how OP Awakening kids were and nerfed him). All in all, he's a lamer version of guys like Sain, Gatrie, etc.

#2: Shigure

Nice guy and total Disney princess. I liked his supports with Hisame and Caeldori. Besides that I'm indifferent.

#3 Selkie

I really love her design and she's super adorable with her energetic and genki personality. Makes a really good ninja.

#4. Flora

A bit overrated as a character. Never understood the hype. I assume it's because she Sigurd's herself in Birthright and people feel bad, despite being extremely selfish about it. Meh. Definitely the best maid unit though thanks to her high skill helping with staffing, damn that late recruitment tho.

#5. Scarlet

Dead/10

Seriously she probably has the misfortune of being unluckier than Arthur, she dies in 2 of the 3 stories, one of which is pretty brutal. She deserved better. I like her personality and she's mega cute with Ryoma. Amazing unit too, literally Milady 2.0.

#6. Selena

Despise her. She's the same rude, push, bratty hellspawn she was in Awakening. Modern-tsunderes are terrible and she's a shining example of one. I wouldn't even call her tsundere since she's like 99% tsun and only 1% dere. Rinkah and Nyx make better tsunderes than her. At least she's a better mercenary than LaSLOW.

#7 Nyx

I actually kinda like her a bit. She did bad stuff when she was younger, got cursed and now she feels bad about it and wants to atone for her sins. As stated above, she's a better tsundere than Selena.

#8 Takumi

Best archer/10

Has a very well rounded personality and probably one of the most realistic characters in Fates.

#9 Corin

Major disappointment. I'll leave it at that.

#10 Sophie

She's cute and endearing on how she wants to be a good knight, but please girl you have to stop talking about Avel so damn much. At least the supports where he doesn't pop up are cute.

#11 Shura

Cool old man. Probably my favorite Corrinsexual.

#12. Saizo

He's hilarious. I love how he tries to come off as bad ass, rough and edgy, but he's actually a massive dork and sweetheart beneath that mask. His supports are always nice to read. Good VA too! Easily my favorite ninja of the trio.

#13 Velouria

Really good design, like really love it, but it's wasted on a really gimmicky character. Not a fan of her supports. Great unit though.

#14 Fuga

I like him simply based on the fact that he's a unit that doesn't suck in the mess that is Revelation. Also, I like how he sheds some light on Sumeragi when they were younger and bros back in the day.

#15 Subaki

I thought I was going to dislike him, but I ended up liking him. Unlike being a prodigy and naturally good at things like Cordelia, he actually worked his ass off to achieve kanpeki status. He comes off as arrogant at times, but it's funny. He's also very kind and big brother to Takumi in a way (dat scramble support)

#16 Hinoka

For a royal she's really irrelevant (maybe it's a blessing in disguise given how the story sucks?), the only thing I remember her doing is rescuing Corrin and Sakura from Zola and that's pretty much it. Her personality isn't much to write home about either, which sucks because I like tomboys and when they're good they're damn good. On a positive note I really like her design and hair. Makes a baller Spear Master as well.

#17 Niles

Don't like him. His whole "try to be as provocative and lewd as possible 24/7" shtick got really annoying really fast. Which sucks too because I wanted to like him. He's lucky he has a cute daughter attached to him.

#18 Felicia

I actually like her. Despite being clumsy and stuff she tries her best to better herself and become a better maid. She's also a giant sweetheart.

#19 Kagero

I'll be honest, she's a bit on the bland side, but she does have her moments where she takes things too literally and it leads to funny situation. Easily the best ninja unit-wise of the ninja trio with dat strength/speed/resistance combo.

#20 Kana

She's ok. I HATE how she gets friendzoned by nearly every guy though. At least her support with Kiragi is diabetes inducing.

#21 Effie

Literally Ilyana - being a mage + being a knight.

#22 Jakob

Mixed bag. He has his moments where he's hilarious and lays the smack down on annoying people like Severa. And then he has moments where he comes off as childish, like with his son. Overall he's entertaining.

#23 Leo

Pretty boring, never understood the hype for him either. He's probably the 2nd most boring royal, right behind Hinoka. Also, he has moments where he comes off as arrogant and pretentious which I don't like. His prf tome sucks too.

#24 Hayato

I like him a bit more than Ricken, probably because he's a much better unit. Don't have much else to say.

#25 Hinata

He's a lovable and scrappy puppy that you just can't hate. I love his synergy with Oboro and Takumi and he's overall a total bro. I love his color scheme too, purple, black and gold is a nice combo aesthetically.

#26 Silas

Ughh, not a big fan of him. He's literally "CORRIN" the character and that's it. His whole life is centered around them and he must live and breathe for them. Player worship has got to go folks.

#27 Orochi

I love her personality and she's one of my favorite females. She's bright, bubbly, likes to laugh and likes to tease and be playful. Shame about that speed growth though.

#28 Mitama

BEST FEMALE CHILD. She's the cutest NEET ever and I love her to death. Her poetry/haiku thing I think is unique and I love how she can be a smart ass sometimes. She's also a very good unit in a physical class thanks to her growths and great mods from Azama. She's great.

#29 Charlotte

Don't like her. She's super fake and she's a bitch to people until she finds out they have money. Her supports are very boring and predictable as well.

#30 Odin

He's actually feel he's gotten more immature since Awakening. The chuuni stuff was always annoying, but this time he's cranked it up to 11. Revelation!Odin is quite possibly the worst unit in the game as well.

#31 Peri

Henry without any of the things that made Henry likable or sympathetic. I don't like her. And NO her shit backstory isn't an excuse for her behavior either.

#32 Midori

I like how she's always helpful to everyone in her supports. She also gets bonus points for telling Ophelia off when she gets pushy with her chuuni crap. I like her crit lines too.

#33 Benny

He's one big cuddly bear. I like his supports.

#34 Arthur

Meh, joke character and can't take him seriously.

#35 Hisame

I'm probably the odd one out but I like Hisame. He's down-to-earth, likes vegetables, is awkward around girls and I like how he's the straight man in his supports and is forced to meet the other person halfway. He has issues with the way his dad can be a bit immature at times, and he's kinda straight-laced but he secretly looks up to him.I think he has some really heartwarming and comfy supports (Shigure, Kiragi, Percy and Ophelia for example). In general, among the super gimmicky cast of Fates, he's a fish out of water but his normieness makes him kinda unique imo. The pickle stuff is over exaggerated as well and it's mostly just in his marriage lines.

#36 Izana

I like him. I like characters that are supposed to be in a position of great power, but are actually super chill and laid back. His Kana supports are adorable too.

#37 Nina

She's like Cath from FE6, but without being a total bitch. I like how she (rightfully) has a negative opinion on Niles for the whole deep realms crap. I feel the fujo stuff could be toned down just a bit because she's great when she's not focused completely on that. Overall I like her, shame she's tied to Niles though.

#38 Dwyer

Literally L. His original voice was MUCH better, now he sounds like some druggie treehouse found in some alley. He's what Jakob should've been, talented, but with a snarky side that comes out from time to time.

#39 Kaze

He's ok, don't dislike him, but I don't like him. He's just kinda there.

#40 Azama

wew lad. I'll just be straight up, Azama is the shit! Easily the most enjoyable character in this game. Drop Corrin and make Azama the MC instead. Ok now to get serious. He's a dick, yeah, but he's a lovable dick with a heart of pure gold. That's what makes him so great, all of his supports are a joy to go through because he's a literal mad man. Also, reading some of the comments here about him, kinda hypocritical how some people give Azama crap for being a dick, yet guys like Niles and Jakob tend to get a free pass (mostly the former). There's no ill-intent behind Azama's words, Niles comes off as annoying and too in your face and Jakob comes off as petty, while Azama comes off as genuinely funny. And while he likes to give his liege Hinoka a hard time, ultimately he proves himself to be one of the best and most loyal of retainers when shit gets serious in Conquest 24. Unit-wise, the man is a total beast, put him in any physical class and watch everything die to him with his royal-tier growths. He'd probably show Xander and Ryoma a thing or two if he could use their fancy swords. Praise Hotoke indeed.

# Kaze: He's okay, but he's a bit strange in the regard that he always sticks with Corrin. I guess being saved by Corrin meant a lot to him.

#Gunter: Pretty pointless and poorly handled in my opinion. It's nice that he has a support with Jakob I guess, but he still needs to be more fleshed out considering all of his ties.

#Azama: Pointless. Rude, and has a philosophy that is basically "be a jackass" for no reason. Unlike people like Rinkah or Jakob, he doesn't even have a background that really gives some sort of understanding for that type of behavior.

#Azama: Pointless. Rude, and has a philosophy that is basically "be a jackass" for no reason. Unlike people like Rinkah or Jakob, he doesn't even have a background that really gives some sort of understanding for that type of behavior.

Actually, he does get a teensy bit of background on it, and those of us starved for world-building are fed a few crumbs. Seems that he was a second son. Combine that with Ryoma/Takumi's support (namely, the assumption that Takumi will be working under King Ryoma), and it implies that the firstborn inherit things, while those born afterwards are on their own. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if Azama felt neglected, and started mouthing off to get attention.

So today's characters are Azura (Oh boy) and Mozu, and a bonus character, Yukimura

Azura: Plot-wise, she's horrible and a plot device, especially in conquest where they dumbed her down so much, though support wise, she's got one of the better supports in the game. Her design is pretty, and I suppose her voice actor fits her. Unit-wise, she's one of the better dancers, being able to defend herself and having a strength growth higher than both Ikes, so she makes a pretty good mage killer, and the second movement is always helpful. She can be a good mother to nearly everyone too.

Mozu: I don't like her story or character much, but she is one of the best units in fates, I like using her as a dread fighter.

Yukimura: no opinion

Azura: Great design, decent supports that... do a whole fuckload of the fates worldbuilding, awful case of resting bitch face, only knows one song, has really horrible plot presence.

Mozu: Still In A Dreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam Bear Eateeeeeeeer.

Yukimura: Why do you run hoshido's army, I genuinely ask because you are good at your job on absolutely no fucking metric of competence.

Edited by joshcja

Azura: Dies to things like stiff breezes, but should survive if she gets the first hit. Great personal skill, even better class, and a refresher that doesn't use swords is a welcome change. Rena did a wonderful job with her voice, too. Don't care for her dress, or her role in the story.

Mozu: Meh in Birthright and Revelation, amazing in Conquest (even with her slow start). She has some amazing supports to her name, too.

Yukimura: He should be playing tennis, not leading an army.

Azura: Y'know you screwed up somewhere when your poster girl loses a popularity poll to a character that didn't even have story presence. Personally, I just found everything about her so... pushed on me that it entirely missed making me like her and made me sick of her instead. Might've been less of an issue if she didn't have a high story presence and all those supports, or if her writing just... chilled a lil on pushing certain things. Frankly, I'm not sure (though I am very sure I'm the ocean's grey waves). Tbf, she does have some moments I like, and thinking on it, those moments can all be tied in to Ryoma. Ryoma/Azura for the win~

Mozu: Generally love her supports, though I'm sure there are some clunkers in there I just haven't gotten. Her lil shivery fighting animation is the cutest.

Yukimura: Eh... Tbf, I haven't gotten his support. Frankly, he just left me with a sour impression on Revelation, and on Birthright, he didn't have enough presence to motivate me to use a Corrinsexual.

Edited by blinkingbrave

Kaze: Nice guy, but a bit bland I have to admit. Story-wise, his reason for joining you in Nohr is pretty poor since Corrin's actions on the surface do nothing to give peace to his country and only cause pain. It's implied that there's more to it in his supports (guilt for allowing Corrin's capture), but even so, it's still not a strong enough reason for him to stay on board with the invasion. At the very least, he should've had the A support thing in Conquest's route as well as it would've made a lot of sense for him to defect back to Hoshido unless Corrin built up a strong relationship for him to maintain his trust.

Azama: Sometimes I find his interactions funny, sometimes I just want to jump into the game and slap him across the face. Needless to say, he's a character that I have mixed feelings on.

Gunter: Has a pretty interesting backstory with Garon that could've been expanded on, but can't because Corrinsexual. D.C. Douglas is awesome as always though, and he makes for a nice support unit for Corrin.

Azura: Horrible plot-wise, there's not much I can say on her that hasn't already been said many times over in other threads on the board critiquing her role. Support-wise, she's pretty good, she has a nice set of interactions with the other characters and she comes off as pretty likeable in them. Other then that, she has a great VA as Rena Strober does a good job portraying the character and bringing the song to the English audience. She's also great as a support unit, though she should be kept as far away from combat as possible since she'll die if an enemy so much as brushes past her.

Mozu: She has one of the most consistent set of supports out of all of the characters, with a few even making up some of my favorite supports in the game. As a unit, she's meh due to her poor start, but she's fun to use.

Yukimura: The only thing I remember about him is his Critical Quote and his rather brutal Bath Towel comment towards Corrin, other then that, he just exists.

Edited by Medeus

At this point, the controversies just keep stacking in this thread.

Azure

So obviously I'll need to talk quite a bit about our little singing friend here since... well, since she's supposed to be one of the major players here. Here, I'll say something that is obviously gonna get repeated a million times: just about everything about her plot involvement sucks, and it's because of a terribly feeble plot device that serves only to make the player seem more useful. So she can't particularly talk about Valla... why doesn't she try other ways to convey that something more is going on? If Corrin, a person who never knew about Valla until they were brought there by Azura, can do it, why can't she? She's in the same position as lil' ol' Corn-bread; she's supposedly the half-sister of the Nohrians, and is an adoptive sister of the Hoshidans, much like how the inverse is true for Mary Sue. Why is it that she is unable to unite the two families, yet OC loves-a-lot can?

I could go on and talk about this particular plot issue to death, but it's already dead anyway. It's a shame too, because she doesn't have particularly bad supports, she has a fairly nice design, and has a wonderful VA.

Mozu

The first character I married in the game, probably because I'm country folk. She's great. I fockin' can't find a single bad support with her. I've always got a soft spot for the weak commoner characters who turn into demi-gods of destruction; it's just so fun for me to train 'em and watch all those +1's (and sometimes even +2's) flash on the level up screens. Her interactions with Corrin are one of the few of his (I'll say "his" to refer to Corrin, here) supports that I actually enjoy. He isn't stupid or insensitive in any way, and I laugh at the idea that this supposedly weak little villager girl can lift more than this dragon dude who trained with his professional warrior siblings for a good long while.

All around, I adore this darling little farmer girl.

Colonel Roy Campbell (goes under the alias of "Yukimura" for the duration of this mission, codename: Birthright)

Alright, so most people recognize our good pal Mister Paul Eiding. But Yukimura on his own? Well, he suffers from a severe case of CorrinSexual Deficiency Disorder (CSDD). He's also hardly story relevant, and he only joins in one path. And his supports with Corrin? Well, I only know the male Corrin ones, and in them, he mostly talks about what it was like when Sumeragi was killed and how his feelings towards Corrin developed. I guess that's nice retroactive character development, but what about development for his character as of the present? Probably the weakest of the Corrinsexual bunch. It's a shame that such an iconic actor was wasted on a relatively minor, inconspicuous character that a lot of people ended up hating in Revelation.

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks of Citan Uzuki from Xenogears when I see him on that mechanical puppet of his... I mean, Yukimura probably likes tinkering with his junk in his backyard, right?

Azura: The only reason why I like her is because of her Voice Actor and that she can sing to a character. Other than that, she barely gets any use for me.

Mozu: Possibly my favorite non-Royal or non-Kid in the game. I recently restarted my Conquest run and she is currently a Dread Fighter. This run is a bare bones run with no bought skills except for Live to Serve for Elise and maybe Bowbreaker for Camilla and Beruka (definitely at least Beruka will have it). I love all of Mozu's supports and she plans on marrying Silas this time around.

Yukimura: One of the few units, I never even use. So I have nothing good or bad to say about him. If I had to use a Corrinsexual, I would other options like Anna, Scarlet, or even Shura before I even touch him. He sits on bench right next to Izana.

Azura

She is so bad in the story but it's not really her fault. Like, she was made to be secretive JUST because they wanted to tease the other paths. If this had been one game I really think she would've made a lot more sense in the story. Her supports are generally good, but like why wasn't her and Kamui's Rev support addressed in the actual story? It seems like something pretty relevant.

Mozu

She's very useful as an archer in Conquest, and not so much otherwise. I tried using her several times but always benched her or, in Rev, she just turned out a bit below average. I like her introduction and backstory. She's a character I like, but can't be bothered to use.

Yukimura

I don't particularly like or dislike him, but I love his appearance in Conquest beside Sakura in her chapter. That chapter is one of the really good ones IMO.

Azura: I ended up not liking her. Most of the retarded things about the plot can be traced back to her in some way. She's pretty bland and uninteresting as well.

Mozu: Meh. She's a lame attempt to create another Donny and it falls kinda flat. She feels a bit shoehorned in. Another attack on the village only now everybody dies and now its "oh you've got nobody so come with us!", only instead of being a cheerful hard worker like Donny, she feels more like a moeblob that everyone just takes pity on and sometimes just makes snappy comments on people that even do stuff to help her.

Yukimura: He's ok I guess. Like all Corrinsexuals, he needed more supports. Probably one of the few intelligent people in the game since he doesn't blindly follow Corrin.

Azura

Oh, oh help this poor thing. Such a lovely design, such a lovely voice! All ruined because in story... she isn't very good. Which is a shame, because support wise she actually has a lot of good ones, has an interesting backstory (as it's a flipped version's of Corrin's which, imo, was pretty interesting), but it's just so wasted.

I can look past the "cousins" thing because her Corrin supports are actually really good and I can't say I hate the pairing. But you know what they could have done? Just erased the line. That'd probably make this pairing a lot more comfortable for a lot of people. Azura got a shaft in story imo. It's a similar thing to Xander - pretty good supports, trash in story.

Rena was a super good fit for her though imo. One of the best voices in English.

Mozu

Pretty down to earth with some good supports. I prefer her leagues over Donnel due to her being useful. I kinda wanna just give her a big ol' hug. Plus she took down a boar. I wish I could hire her to take out the feral hogs that rip up my yard irl. >.>

I hear mozu is ripped, i hear she's shredded.

Yukimura

Grandpa Max is a Corrinsexual, so I don't really pay much time to him in all honesty. Roy Campbell had an okay support with Corrin, but... that's about it.