Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Setsuna

When I found out her gimmick was falling into traps I was completely at a loss for words. How is that a personality? I still think it's dumb but I enjoy her stoner gimmick. She's entertaining at least.

Soleil

I mean, they tried to have lgbt representation which is nice, but they failed miserably which is disappointing. Like, the male womanizer characters are not this creepy.

Reina

Keen forum goers might recall my disgust at Peri, and Reina is basically Hoshido Peri. I don't hate her though because there's one key difference-- Reina keeps her bloodlust on the battlefield and directed at her enemies. I mean, it's still disturbing, but at least it adds an interesting layer to her being a super high-up general for the good guys.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setsuna: After hearing people complain about her, I figured I'd hate her... but she's super funny and totally one of my faves! Yeah, she's not deep, but they don't all have to be deep, ya know? The only reason I don't use her as much is because she's gimped on Revelation and that's the route I play the most atm.

Soliel: Ugh. People like to say how Niles and Rhajat are crummy LGBT reps (a discussion for another day haha), but here's some really crummy rep. If your character gropes girls and still has a character crow about how you can't have a problem with her... perhaps you should take a closer look at your message. Outside of that, I like the rest of her (oblivious and socially awkward totally fits her age), but unfortunately, 'girls' is her big thing. And they major league screwed that up by having her prey on girls... and then having the girl apologize to her (yikes Soleil/Ophelia). Fortunately, I think the hype has generally cooled on her after getting the localized game.

Reina: Favorite Corrin-sexual! Unfortunately, being a Corrin-sexual means that she probably ends up about average in the grand scheme of characters. But that aside, FE could totally use more older ladies that look older, so even if she's a Corrin-sexual, it's a big step forward!

Edited by blinkingbrave

Yay more, controversies! Please kill me already. No really; the Soliel controversy is probably the worst controversy as far as characters are concerned.

Setsuna

She's there for you entertainment, but is hardly really a character. It's like other gimmick characters, except sorta more realistic. Living in a college town, I know a lot of different potheads, and she certainly acts like she's high as balls most of the time. She's hardly paying attention, she speaks slowly, often doesn't see the negativity in what others say to her, and she always sets any food she tries to cook on fire. But that's pretty much all there is aside from the added bonus of falling into every single trap possible. No real personality, no growth... just a pothead with a bow.

She's funny, at least. Potheads are fun to watch.

Soleil

People like shipping her with Ophelia, because apparently sexual harassment is cute when it involves two people of the same sex. I realize people are free to like whatever they want, but is this what counts as chemistry?

That's how I'd describe it, but here's the thing. You see, I thought that support was the main reason people found her to be controversial (well, that and the whole "gay conversion" panic deal that got censored in the west). It's awful. When I read those supports, it felt more like watching one of those sexual harassment videos you'd be forced to watch in sex ed than it did a funny little scene; I'm probably exaggerating here, but it's something like this. As someone who appreciates LGBTQ characters in media, I absolutely hated those supports. It's a similar deal as the Nina x Dwyer supports, which are pretty terrible as well.

I mean, I'm also aware of the fact that she's flirty with girls, yet is only able to S support guys. I guess some people might say she's SJW pandering nonsense, but I've yet to hear a single FE fan say that aside from obvious trolls on sites like GameFAQs. And if what the OP said about Japan and all is true, then... well, that just makes her behind-the-scenes all the more shoddy in my eyes. I hate being judgmental of other countries and their cultures, but the way some popular Japanese media seem to treat homosexuality is just fucked up.

Talking about Soleil just hurts my soul. Because aside from a few awful, horrible supports... aside from how she's treated as a pseudo-bisexual character... I do really, really like her. She's confident, she's cheery... she seems like someone who'd be awesome to hang out with. And I like that in a world that is probably horribly homophobic and sexually conservative, she just doesn't give a damn. Not in the sense of "trying to dismantle the patriarchy" by actively trying to piss off meninists or MRA's; just that she literally doesn't care if maybe some people don't appreciate her flirting with girls (successfully flirting; that's the key thing, here) or changing clothes in the middle of the street. She just does what she wants and it hardly ever actively hurts someone else (except for one obvious example). She's a terribly charismatic duck, though she doesn't give me any ideas.

I'll say that I'm mixed on her.

Reina

Reina: Favorite Corrin-sexual! Unfortunately, being a Corrin-sexual means that she probably ends up about average in the grand scheme of characters. But that aside, FE could totally use more older ladies that look older, so even if she's a Corrin-sexual, it's a big step forward!

I'll just go on and say I agree with a lot of this. In a world filled with loli's and tweenage nightmares, there's a woeful lack of properly mature women. Albeit, she has quite a fascination with murdering enemies, but still. She and some select retainers are some of my favorite adult females in the game. Of course, I'm also just a sucker for all these darker blue-haired characters.

@Berret,

Well, of course the fan-made hacks make characters and their supports better. I mean, unless you get some shitpost meme hack like... uh, Gheb FE or whatever. I remember someone earlier in the thread linked to a video of a fan-made support line that was really good. I intend to hack Fates at some point on a different 3DS that will have CFW/homebrew on it. No way I'd do it with the only 3DS I currently have.

Azura: Corrin's waifu has the same problems he does. Decent supports, but is absolute trash in the story. I still like her despite that.

Mozu: Come on Donny!... I mean Mozu! Yeah, due to freak coincidence, the only person I married her to was Niles (which is a rather... interesting set of supports). From what I've seen, she's nothing special, but she still passes.

Yukimura: Did anyone actually use him?

Setsuna: Why? Why are you one of my favorite characters in this game? You are the epitome of gimmick. What is it about you that makes you special?

Soleil: Oh boy here we go. Soleil is my personal favorite child character next to Shigure. Of course, when you see discussion about her online, it usually boils down to the infamous Soleil x Ophelia support, which isn't helped by the fact that her support with her mother is almost as painful to read, and that is literally the first or second support you will read about her.
Soleil is actually NOT rule 63 Laslow. If you read her supports, you will find out that it's quite the opposite. Soleil can actually talk to women, something Laslow has a difficult time doing, while Laslow can sing and dance, which Soleil is terrible at. The thing is, Soleil wants to be like her father, but isn't able to. This plot is what makes up most of her supports.

I'll write more if I feel up to it.

Reina: Basically a less psychotic Peri. Too bad she's a Corrinsexual.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

@Berret,

Well, of course the fan-made hacks make characters and their supports better. I mean, unless you get some shitpost meme hack like... uh, Gheb FE or whatever. I remember someone earlier in the thread linked to a video of a fan-made support line that was really good. I intend to hack Fates at some point on a different 3DS that will have CFW/homebrew on it. No way I'd do it with the only 3DS I currently have.

Which is kinda sad, huh? Some fans manage to make better, more in character supports than people who get paid to do them. This game treatment of LGBT characters just infuriates me so much.

my gosh she's a cutie! too bad i can't homebrew to save my life

... anyway, here it goes I guess...

Setsuna

My opinions of her disappeared into the pit she fell into.

Soleil

... Oh, my daughter. My sweet, sweet daughter.

jJRjOpk.jpg

What did they do to you? I was so happy to hear they were putting a bisexual character in Fire Emblem. Finally, a so like me! What I got was a girl who had a pleasant personality. I liked the confidence, her obsession with cute things was... well... cute, and the strength growth was hnngn. So the first support I did was with her mother. That basically set the trend of what I saw in the rest of her supports and I'm... disappointed.

She's still cute, she still has my favorite design, but she isn't even close to what I'd have hoped for. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised I'm always disappointed when I get my hopes up. I still use her though, partly because she's my daughter, and also... she's surprisingly solid (imo) as a Hoshidan Noble. I'm just keeping her the Hell away from Ophelia and Sophie. (Her support with Mitama was kinda cute though.)

Reina

It's nice to see an older woman fighting among youngsters. Then they made her Corrinsexual. sigh

Which is kinda sad, huh? Some fans manage to make better, more in character supports than people who get paid to do them. This game treatment of LGBT characters just infuriates me so much.

I feel ya. But then again, the fans do make some damn good content.

Also, excuse me if I seem a bit off-kilter in my replies, and know that I do enjoy reading everyone's opinions and replying to them. I've just unintentionally gained a... "fan" on YouTube. A fan who is obsessed with telling people to kill themselves and saying that you want to fuck animals. And no, I don't make videos on YouTube.

Edited by Ertrick36

Hoo, boy, I missed a lot. Here goes:

#12: Saizo

Badass looks. Badass voice. Badass class. Badass backstory. Saizo is the embodiment of badassery.

#13: Velouria

I will admit that Velouria's existence alone was almost enough to turn me into a furry (as in, I would have married her). She's cute, strong and funny all at the same time. Hands down my favourite child unit, along with four others, but we'll get to that.

#14: Fuga

He seems to be a swell dude as leader of the Wind Tribe. His role in the story is small, however. I would like to see more of him.

#15: Subaki

Also known as 'Mandelia'. I am not too fond of him, but I'm not too opposed to him either. He's one of those characters that are simply there, which I appreciate. He gives me an excuse to bench Hinoka, his daughter and Shigure, at least.

#16: Hinoka

Speaking of which, here comes Miss Unimportant. But that almost makes her my favourite Royal by default (if Elise and Sakura didn't exist), because the Royals get shoved in your face constantly to the point of annoyance. Not her, though, and she is a well made character judging from her supports.

#17: Niles

I don't know what to think of him. One time, he is a creep that teases everyone for fun, otherwise he is a relatable tragic character that you genuinely feel sorry for. His crit lines are downright hilarious and he is useful for his Capture ability and Locktouch, so he always sneaks onto my teams in Conquest. I guess you could say that I am on middle ground with Niles.

#18: Felicia

One of the cutest characters in Fates, I really love Felicia. If only her voice was better... *sigh*

#19: Kagero

She is a bit bland, but her backstory has potential. Sadly, that got shafted in favour of seven certain annoyances.

#20: Kana

Female: Combine Female Morgan with Nowi and one of the greatest voice actresses and you get Female Kana. What's not to love about her? She's cute and innocent and you just want to hug her everytime she is sad.

Male: same as the female, but his english voice rubs me the wrong way.

My other favourite child unit, next to Velouria and three others.

#21: Effie

Another character ruined by an atrocious voice and Royal bias. I really like Effie, don't get me wrong, but her whole obsession with Elise (as evidenced in her supports with Arthur especially) and her voice are two big minuses.

#22: Jakob

Love his voice, like his design, hate his character. That's basically how I feel about Jakob.

#23: Leo

Royal. That's all.

Seriously, though, he suffers from his status as member of the Nohrian Royal family, a family of idiots (except Elise). Otherwise, I do admit that I have some fondness of his character and his voice is also cool, so I guess you could say that I am not that bothered by him as I am by the others.

#24: Hayato

Annoying, arrogant child character. Ricken 2.0. Kill it with fire.

#25: Hinata

I like Hinata, even though his name alone confuses my inner Naruto savvy self. He's friendly, outgoing, a bit stupid and part philanderer, a good mixture of character traits that make him multi-dimensional. Unit-wise, it's a damn shame that Hana exists, making him obsolete to me, but I still like the guy. Give him a gold star.

#26: Silas

Childhood friend character #254. Silas is another character that is simply there, like Subaki. I like that he has some presence in the story (at least until the Royals are all together) and I do think he is a nice guy, but he's one of those characters that simply exist somewhere in the background.

#26.5: Hans

Possibly the least menacing villain in FE history. He kind of looks like a thumb, too.

#27: Orochi

Or, as me and my buds like to call her: Jade Curtiss with boobs. I like her.

#28: Mitama

Poetry is also one of my passions (although I am not good at it), so Mitama is very relatable for me. I also adore her laziness and that she pretty much sleeps through most of her paralogue. Getting her may be a pain, but the payoff is definitely worth it.

#29: Charlotte

At first, she seemed like your typical gold-digger, but reading through her supports reveals that there's more to the story than that. As a unit, she falls incredibly short in the beginning, but if you put effort into training her (and give her Certain Blow), she can destroy pretty much anything.

#30: Odin/Owain

Instant awesome, just add Owain. My favourite male child character from Awakening returns and he remains as awesome as he was then. Minus points for being reduced to a Royals' asskisser, sadly, but other than that, he's still the Owain I know and want to be friends with.

#30.5: Zola

See comment about Hans minus the thumb thing.

#31: Peri

A psychotic sociopath? Sign me the hell up! Seriously, Peri quickly became one of my favourite characters in the game and my go-to unit for the Great Knight class. I also love that she has actual reason for being who she is today and that there's more to her than just her bloodlust, like how she loves cooking, cute accessories and shopping and that she is actually a caring person if you manage to be her friend.

#32: Midori

Mighty Midori! Along with Velouria and Kana my third #1 favourite child unit. She is cute, kind and helpful towards others and absolutely wrecks house on the battlefield. Never mess with the Midorimeister, or you'll regret every decision in your life.

#33: Benny

Scary looking huge guy that is actually really nice. Yup, sounds like a good character to me!

#34: Arthur

I've said it before and I'll say it again: He's so stereotypical, it's amazing. I really like Arthur, one of the funniest characters in Fates, next to Odin, his daughter and Izana.

#34.5: Iago

He appears threatening... until you realize that all he is is a coward. A stupid coward at that. I hate this dude.

#35: Hisame

My first impression: Sasuke 2.0. Luckily, that wasn't the case. Hisame is a very nice dude with a weird obsession with pickles. I like him, even if he may appear bland.

#36: Camilla

No. Just no. She is one of the reasons why I've come to hate the Royals. She is as stupid as her brothers and all she wants is Corrin's second Yato. The embodiment of fanservice and it's sad how many people fell for it, if the 'I choose Nohr for the tits' meme is any indication.

That being said, I do like her more motherly side she sometimes shows, so there are redeeming qualities to her. Sadly, they went and ruined it.

#36.5: Izana

Another funny character. His death in Revelations may be nonsensical, but I believe that was meant to be comedy anyways, so i forgive it. I like him.

#37: Nina

I wasn't fond of her Yaoi fangirl gimmick, but I grew to like Nina despite that.

#38: Dwyer

L from Death Note makes an appearance in Fire Emblem... His design at least. Dwyer is blandness incarnate. He is another character that simply exists.

#39: Kaze

Possibly my favourite male character in the entire cast, Kaze manages to be almost as badass as his twin brother, but in a different way. I like that he is kind and open-minded, willing to sacrifice himself for his friends/loved ones (depending on your chosen gender) and actually reasonable enough to at least listen to Corrin's reason for joining Nohr/not joining any kingdom. He is one character I would be very good friends with IRL.

#40: Azama

Nihilists have been marked as villains in other media and here, it is played for laughs. I don't really like Azama, but I don't hate him, either.

#40.5: Gunter

Cool Old Guy incarnate, I do like Gunter, especially his backstory. His design and voice scream badass and I love me some badassery. It's incredibly weird that you can romance him as F!Corrin, though...

#41: Azura

I hate Azura. As much as I love her voice, I just can't bring myself to like her character. She, like Camilla, only wants Corrin's second Yato and most, if not all tragedies of Birthright and Conquest could have been avoided if this dumb selfish w**** just opened her damn mouth for once. I was honestly sad that she didn't die in Revelations, and I wasn't sad when she did in Conquest and Birthright. In her death scene in Birthright, I even went: "Shut up and die already, geez!"

I pity you, Rena Strober, that you had to waste your talent on such a poorly made character.

And what's worse is that she gets pushed as Corrin's canon love-interest. She's your cousin (and I would be ashamed if I had a cousin like that), which isn't bad, but I believe that, in order to push her even further, they ruined potentially GOOD romantic supports with well liked characters. Hana especially comes to mind, who at first was a fan-favourite, then people read her supports with Corrin and everything fell apart. And I hold Azura responsible for that.

And it's not just Hana, either: There's Selena, Soleil, Scarlet and possibly some other supports that were horribly botched just to push Azura into the faces of players.

Yes, I am salty. And no, I won't reconsider what I said. I fully stand by it.

#42: Mozu

The Killager. I like Mozu, I really do. I am really glad that they didn't make her a second Donnel (annoying and stupid looking, that is) and she is one of the most amazing units you can get, rightfully so. Character-wise, I love that she isn't just a Shrinking Violet, but also strong-willed and occasionally shows a sharp tongue. Bonus points for her putting Taku-douche in his place.

#42.5: Yukimura

Middle-aged Laurent, as me and my buds like to call him. Whoever put this guy in charge of the Hoshidan army deserves to get fired (literally). He's bland as heck and shows no sign of being remotely likable (especially not in Revelations.)

#43: Setsuna

She has a 'funny' gimmick and is quite literally retarded. I don't know if she really deserves to be called 'funny'. To me, tragic is the word I'd use to describe Setsuna and if I were someone with a mental disorder, I would not be fond of her retardedness being played for laughs. It gives the wrong implications.

At least she is a Sniper that ISN'T Taku-douche, so that's a plus for Setsuna!

#44: Soleil

How to NOT write a homo-/bisexual character 101.

Seriously, if you are a writer and want to write a homo- or bisexual character, Soleil is a perfect example of how NOT to do it. I have homo- and bisexual friends and none of them force themselves onto others like Soleil does. What she does borders on molesting (especially with Sophie and Ophelia and even her own mother!), which is not funny or cute or anything like that. She is basically a gender flipped Inigo gone horribly wrong and an insult to any homo- or bisexual person out there. Give her Azura as a mother, she deserves the molesting.

#44.5: Reina

Another Peri. How original.

Edited by DragonFlames

Oh hey this is a thread. Yeeaaaaahhhhhh, I'm not going to go over every character that's been a topic here though.

Setsuna

Setsuna is bad, she's really bad. I still argue that there are less "walking tropes" in Awakening and Fates, but there are some and good god Setsuna might be the worst example of this. She just feels shallow, more like a quirky NPC than a character really.

Soleil

I don't dislike this character per say, but she is just a mess. As in, her writing is a mess. At this point enough has been said about Soleil, the only I want to add is that I don't understand how this happened. When writing this game, how did Soleil happen, how could the writers possibly have such a giant lack of foresight to not realize that there was no way this character wouldn't cause the controversy and backlash she has? Ultimately a disappointing waste of a great design.

Reina

I like Reina a surprising amount actually. Yeah she can be compared to Peri, but the key difference there is that Reina isn't godawful on damn near every level. In just one support chain Reina shows far more depth and humanity than practically the entirety of Peri's existence. That does bring up the big problem with Reina though, that support is her only one. What's truly frustrating about the characters who only support with Corrin is that all of them so obviously should have supports with other characters.

But that aside, FE could totally use more older ladies that look older, so even if she's a Corrin-sexual, it's a big step forward!

Hey if you think that's a big step forward, you should play FE6

Niime-1.png

Setsuna: She's funny. I like how she's so apathetic and doesn't really care much about a lot of things, though it's revealed that she's like that because she's part of the Hoshidan aristocracy and had every one of her whims tended to and thus didn't have to worry about anything. As with Azama, she proves herself to be a very loyal retainer and takes her job seriously when shit gets real. I think her VA did a really good job with her.

Soleil: Very lame. Literally just genderswapped Inigo. Terrible supports as well.

Reina: She surprised me and I ended up liking her. She's like a more mature and refined Peri done correctly. Needed more supports like all Corrinsexuals.

I found Setsuna very funny pre-english launch, and was actually going to marry her, but something about how her VA performed and how her english dialogue was written just completely flipped my view of her. Also, she sucks sooo much ass as a unit. Her class is the only thing that makes her decent at best.

Soleil never came off as sexually harassing, at least not purposefully. She came off more like she didn't know how to deal with her feelings towards others.

I do have to say this; all but 2 S-Support actually end with "I love you" in some form. ALL the others end in partnerships, mentorship, etc. Besides that, I like her a lot. Not at the tippy top, but definitely up there.

She also definitely would've benefited from Female S-Supports. Not with everyone, maybe just 1 or 2.

I don't know Reina too much, as I've only gotten her C-Support with MU, but no further.

Setsuna: the resident pothead. I personally find her entertaining as she bumbles around, and we will not need to worry about where the enemy set their booby traps so long as Setsuna goes first. Her background as a noble who had all of her whims cared for speaks volumes to the degree of nepotism in Hoshido (as opposed to Nohr's implied meritocracy), if her family was able to secure her a post as retainer to one of her nation's royals. At the end of the day, I still like her despite her gimmicky nature, and if nothing else, I love her for sneaking this gem past the localisation radar:

SlI9Ekp.jpg

Soleil: You know, I wish I could like her. Barring her two controversial supports (m!corrin drugging in the japanese version and Ophelia sexual harassment (implied or honest mistake, I don't know)) I had honestly hoped that after seeing Niles, that they would have made the other bisexual character at least decent. I was wrong, yeah, her paralouge paints her as this super-confident person who will greet even the darkest horror with a smile on her face, and I thought her support with Seigbert was cute, but the vast majority of her other supports were really sub-par. To make matters worse, she has a really neat design in my view, which harkens back not just to her father, but to her grandmother. At the end of the day, she fits comfortably in the "eh" category. Adorable design, but there are plenty of other games/media out there with better LGBT characters.... guess I might as well play persona 4 again...

Renia: Uh, why did they change her name? Yuugiri was more fitting for her, with its translation of "evening mist" in English and also being the name of a WW2 Imperial Navy destroyer. I just thought it fit someone who feels like their in the twilight of their years, but still capable of being a murderous individual. What, does IS think that just because I am a westerner I can't enunciate Japanese? Also, why did they use a Spanish term (meaning queen) for a character from the Japan expy? Regardless, Renia is my personal favorite corrinsexual from Hoshido. Fire Emblem games, and most other games from this genre, tend to have characters who are either teens or barely into their twenties. Its nice to see a more mature character present here. Also, unlike the character she gets compared to, Peri, Renia shows far more depth and complexity in her single support than Peri does in almost all of hers. Like all other corrinsexuals though, she is crippled by that trait. You think she would at least have a support with her co-retianer, Orochi, but alas, that is not to be.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

#38: Dwyer

I strive to be as chill as Dwyer. He has cool design and I actually like his personality, being a lazy ass but a very competent servant. That one support where he says his manor of fighting involved senseless arm flailing, I can't remember who he was supporting, was funny as hell. He's kinda a gamble as a unit, imo. Has okay offense, but kinda bad defense at base.

#39: Kaze

He's okay, I guess, but kinda forgettable. I like green, so like his design and color by default. He's good personality wise, but really anything special. Though his support with Silas is one of my favorites, the soup part especially lol. He's fairly reliable as a unit. Good for support due to his Personal skill.

#40: Azama

All hail the biggest troll in FE history. Azama has some funny moments, but some infuriating moments, too. Although unlike Jakob, no one is safe, not even Corrin, so he's a mixed bag for me in that regard. He looks cool, though. Really like his hair. And he's good as a unit too.

#40.5: Gunter

A badass elder design. He just looks at you and you'll die. The war scars, his gray hair, the bulky armor and his own physique. This is a grandpa that you don't wanna fuck with. He's also cool as a character too. Unit wise, I'm not sure considering that after you get him you get Xander, but some people say that pairing him up with Corrin makes Corrin borderline OP.

#41: Azura

She's... a character I suppose? I do like her design and voice, but as a character... I honestly don't think I can defend her. She has some really bad moments in the story, and isn't really that interesting. The lack of pacing from Revelations doesn't help that either. I know that usually defend characters like Corrin, but I'm not sure if I can do that with Azura. She's a good unit though, and any child that she haves becomes an absolute monster in terms of offense.

#42: Mozu

She's so cute. Those freckles and that voice. And the villager idle stance just makes me wanna grab her and hold her in my arms, but I don't need to that when she's an archer tho. She's like Donnel without the pot, which I don't mind. As a unit, I like her because I like training units, and she's a good ally in Conquest. She gets outshined in the other paths, though.

#42.5: Yukimura

He's okay, but he could be better. He has a decent design, and calm voice. I don't really know what to call his personality. Haven't used him as unit, because I'm not dealing with leveling up 3 puppets.

#43: Setsuna

She's a cutie. I like her hair and the female archer's design in general. She's a good comic relief, but I honestly don't see her as a loyal type consider her... niche. She's kinda a guilty pleasure unit for me. She has a lot of bad growths, but has the best speed growth in the game. She's not really that useful after awhile though.

#44: Soleil

I like her. The white and black mercenary looks well on her, and I like her hair. As a character who likes cute things, she does well. As a bisexual, she could use some work(the Opheila C support was borderline creepy.). As a unit, she's okay I guess. I do think that she can be borderline OP, and apparently she is.

#44.5: Reina

Best waifu. I love her design, especially her facial features. I love her character, only really showing her dangerous side on the battlefield, but being a good helper off the battlefield, even though like Felicia she sucks at it. I will always use her cause Kishi Knights are awesome, and she herself makes for good striking unit.

Setsuna's nice, I just hate her voice, and the way she speaks, I know it's supposed to be like that, but she just comes out stoned, too much stoned, it's worse than Dwyer really.

Soleil, ah I love Soleil, funny character, great unit and beautiful, too (especially with Charlotte's hair), I liked the Japanese version a bit more, I think the localization made her too much lesbian, in my mind she's completely bisexual. I have just an issue with her, that goddamned stupid horrible baby voice, sigh.

Honestly I think the jap support with corrin was overreacted, the powder or whatever it was, that's not homophobic, seriously, people need to get it together. How is a game with characters like Niles, Forrest and Soleil (and same sex marriage!) homophobic? It's still a game based on a historical moment, honestly when I saw all these things I thought it was even a bit forced to just please everyone. I understand sensibility, but I feel like it's mostly victimism.

And she has that nice Olivia reference on the hair, and we know Olivia's great.

Reina is a good unit, I didn't play Birthright but in Rev she's useful for some time (flying bows are just really useful), character-wise I really like how they implemented the war crazed thing, that's how it should be done, gives characterization, not disturbing and doesn't feel too psycho (HINT HINT), also loved the fact that they inserted some old-age, experienced characters. Also nice design, I found a pic once where she was 'rejuvenated', really beautiful.

I'm sad that she has support only with Corrin, and that's an issue in all the game, I feel like they didn't give her supports because giving her supports with male would mean enable S rank, and it wouldn't probably fit (I mean they let people marry Elise, but we know how these things works), and I hate the fact that they feel forced to have people have romantic relationships, just to please everyone. I'd love to see Reina supports with Ryoma, Saizo, Hinoka, I feel there could be some story, it's not necessary to let them marry, seriously.

jesus I wrote a lot, whatever.

also just a shot on Azama, the guy's great, the sassines is real, and OP Dread Fighter, just give me more characters like him, y'knw, who are actually funny. I wish there was a support with Niles or Jakob, for the laugh.

Edited by jonson

I think the localization made her too much lesbian, in my mind she's completely bisexual. I have just an issue with her, that goddamned stupid horrible baby voice, sigh.

Honestly I think the jap support with corrin was overreacted, the powder or whatever it was, that's not homophobic, seriously, people need to get it together. How is a game with characters like Niles, Forrest and Soleil (and same sex marriage!) homophobic? It's still a game based on a historical moment, honestly when I saw all these things I thought it was even a bit forced to just please everyone. I understand sensibility, but I feel like it's mostly victimism.

To respond to people saying Soleil wasn't more lesbian in the Jpn version, I implore you to read her Japanese support with Foleo/Forrest.

Also the other main problem with the Avatar support was drugging since he kinda just... slipped it into her drink.

Although, the S support was actually really nice, and explains what Soleil is saying in the english S support much better than the eng version actually does.

Setsuna:

I'm quite neutral towards her, but she was able to be funny sometimes tough

Soleil:

I like her design and, as a unit, she was reslly useful in CQ, but, as a character, I don't hate her nor I dislike her.

Reina

I like Reina a surprising amount actually. Yeah she can be compared to Peri, but the key difference there is that Reina isn't godawful on damn near every level. In just one support chain Reina shows far more depth and humanity than practically the entirety of Peri's existence. That does bring up the big problem with Reina though, that support is her only one. What's truly frustrating about the characters who only support with Corrin is that all of them so obviously should have supports with other characters.

These are also my toughts about Reina as well, tough I kind of like Reina's bloodlust: It focuses on the death itself of the one she kills, which, while is something really crazy, is actually quite interesting(unlike Peri and her obsession with blood) and It's one of the reason why Reina should have had more supports(altough this is something that can be said about every Corrin sexuals)

Setsuna

Overall, I like everything about her but I do wish they laid off the "head in the clouds" thing. It makes it difficult to call her a character when her personality is completely obscured by her being high in every support chain.

Soliel

I'm more or less neutral. I love her design, though.

Reina

Reina reminds me of a character named Ohki from this manga called Kingdom. Again, I would have liked if she was given more supports to expand more on her background.

I essentially agree with the post above me about her.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

And now I want a Kingdom x Fire emblem crossover game.

Thanks for that x.x

(It's so perfect though, Mercenary Shin, Swordsmaster Koukai, Tattician Ten, Counquer Ouki, Merchant whatshisface)

Edited by joshcja

It's going take me a while to catch up, but honestly, you guys have said your opinions well enough that adding more to them now is rather pointless so I"ll just speak for the option no one really gives much thought to.

Reina: Pretty much my favorite female Corrinsexual and beside from age and growths pretty much the most viable in terms of plots if you don't mind Flora still loving Jakob after marriage, Anna being behind a paywall and the Scarlet X Ryoma ship that should have happened, Reina comes with the least problems in story which is also because there's barely any focus on her when she should have had supports with Orochi at the very least. She's consistently my Kamui's wife due to my dislike of marrying second gen, wanting to have all the kids and the above reasons for the other Kamui options. As a unit, she obviously lags behind due to lack of supports but her personal is pretty good and she has great utility.

Setsuna: She's funny... and that's about it. I cannot consider her a real character since her gimmick is extremely limited.

Soleil: I'm overall neutral to her. I do like her design though.

Reina: Another good character that got screwed by the power of Corrinsexuals.

Setsuna: Neutral on her, I do like her design though.

Soleil: There are a few things I like about her, I like the idea of having another character that's implied to be Bi, I like her love of cute things, I like her confidence, and I like her voice and design. Her problem comes from her supports, with one of the main issues being the fact that when she has a bad support, it's ​bad. ​JP!Foleo, Ophelia, and Ignatius' C support are good examples of this as she's shown to get into certain character's (or NPCs in the latter's case) personal space, show no respect for it, and not back off when told to. It's clear harassment with these examples and her lack of understanding these boundaries make her come off as pretty dislikeable in the supports. She also can be a bit gimmicky in her other supports, which makes her somewhat repetitive as a character (which, for the same reasons as Nina, is a shame since she has pretty interesting traits that are not explored enough). So she's a character that has a good amount of potential that gets wasted due to mishandling her in the supports, if they developed her other aspects better and rewrote her problem supports, I think she'd be a much better character for it.

Reina: It's really nice to have an older character among the cast and she gets a bit of depth from her Corrin support, she really wishes she got more then one support though and it makes no sense that she doesn't have one with Orochi at least.

Edited by Medeus

Setsuna: I appreciate Setsuna. She's so funny, especially in her supports and BR chapter 8. I like her personality, but It's a shame she's too one-dimensional : "I'm stoned and I always fall into traps.", especially when she's Hoshido's princess retainer. Poor Hinoka, her retainers are ridiculous when the other royals have proud warriors. As a unit, she's good on the paper, a shame mine got terrible level-ups in lunatic so I had to bench her. Her growths and mods are interesting, because they're closer to Outlaw's than Archer's (except Mag).

Soleil: I love Soleil. I love her personality, she's like a mini Laslow, but cuter. She's cheerful, quite funny (I lover her Private Quater's quotes). Her supports are nice too, not very deep or full of backstories, but they raise interesting questions on actual societal problems such as self-acceptance (with Siegbert). I LOVE her VA: she fits perfectly her personality and global appearance! Her paralogue is my favourite, very well-designed with the soldiers to protect, and paths to block wisely with "wastes" that you can trade between your units' inventories. As a unit, I recruited her lately (chapter 25) and she's my avatar's daughter so I don't really know what to say. Mine turned strong as a Great Lord.

Reina: I just unlocked her. My first impressions on her are negative tho.

To respond to people saying Soleil wasn't more lesbian in the Jpn version, I implore you to read her Japanese support with Foleo/Forrest.

Also the other main problem with the Avatar support was drugging since he kinda just... slipped it into her drink.

Although, the S support was actually really nice, and explains what Soleil is saying in the english S support much better than the eng version actually does.

I was talking about the fact that in the localized game she 'ends with love' only with Corrin (because he's corrin) and with Forrest (because he looks like a woman).

The drugging, yeah I can agree, I still find it a bit overreacting, he just slipped powder in the drink, there are things much more disturbing in this game imo.

Setsuna: I think she's pretty amusing. Not every character needs pages of character inner depths/development in order to be appealing.

Soleil: Would probably be my most favorite female Merc if most of her character wasn't just the devs going "Look, it's an enthusiastic lesbian-except-actually-not-lesbian character! Isn't that funny and progressive?"

Reina: She's pretty much Peri without the slaughtering of innocents and a lot more mature. She's alright - although it bothers me how her love of killing gets a free pass while Peri's doesn't.