Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Kaden - Hooray for being fast, but he doesn't hit as hard as I'd like (even with Rend Heaven). As a character, I don't remember much about him.

Keaton - Tanks damage like crazy, and hits like a truck. Great mods, decent character, don't ever pair him with Elise.

Arete - At least she talked to her daughter, unlike a certain father from yesterday.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keaton: One of my favourite characters. I think his gimmick is hilarious, well, the reactions of others is really funny, plus Keaton truly, truly thinks his treasures are cool and awesome. Plus his tsundere is toned down which makes him even better.

Kaden: I like Kaden. Some of his supports are good, some aren't. He's usually one of my mage killers.

Arete: While I like Arete's concept, she gets lost in the hurricane of zero world building, sadly. The feels aren't there, primarily because we just don't know her beyond, 'She's Azura's mom'. Like, isn't she your aunt?

Keaton

• like his personality
  • cute & dorky
  • aesthetically pleasing
  • please protect this precious man​

Kaden

• wanna rub those ears??
  • your daughter is better than you
  • I like the eng va

Arete

• nice design
  • Aversa's long lost sister
Edited by ♯Jin

[spoiler=Lotta stuff to catch up on here]

Sakura - I wasn't sure if I'd like her from a glance considering she was looking to be mainly a shy, reserved girl but since I've started playing I've taken quite a liking to her, probably more than Elise (her childish attitude got a little tiring for my taste). While she is indeed shy and tends to have some issues with communication in some supports I've noticed that underneath all that she can be a tough woman with a bit of humour in some of the supports. I also prefer her design over Elise. As a unit she was decent. Her balanced DEF and RES early were quite handy in emergencies where she had to take a hit and her magic was solid, strength was eh which made me unsure for her as a priestess. It has some good skills though so had to get em.

Percy - Haven't used him yet or done supports. Like Kanna I feel he looks waaay to young to be out fighting in the war (although Kanna is a bigger offender in that regard) and it's kinda hard to take him seriously with the mask getup and all. I did have a laugh though when I recognized the voice of pit coming out of his mouth. I was already imagining half of his lines being said to Palutena. "WOWIE thanks a bunch lady Palutena!"

Rinkah - I'm a bit torn with her atm. Design wise I think she looks good. Definitely giving me the barbarian woman vibes here. Personality wise she's certainly not the most social person on the team, funny considering how she was acting with Corrin in the early parts of the story. I guess if this has been her tribe's traditions then it makes sense that she'd stick to it if she's committed to these traditions, and hell when it comes to characters that are a bit of an arse its nice to have variety amongst the cheery happy characters and I've liked arsehole characters before (Like Shinon from the Tellius series). Her performance was decent considering her odd growths. She managed to hit hard for the most part and had decent crit to boot. Definitely made for Blacksmith (Oni Savage is nice and all but her magic growth aint doin it).

Ignatius - Haven't used him yet or done supports. Design is good, just like Benny's but it also makes me annoyed that the Male's design is good yet the Female one's have to have cheap fanservice for the male gaze. First impressions wise I've noticed his nervous trait which is reminding too much of Yarne. I'm hoping he's not gonna be a clone of him (minus the extinction fear).

Garon (AKA: The Empty Shell) - From the get go Garon wasn't hiding his evil intentions, not helped by his design (Although with that said most FE villians tend to be not very subtle with some exceptions). It baffled me that Corrin was willing to follow his commands, considering how against them he was and the events before the decision, but then again Corrin was a complete git so that's another story. We get information about how Garon was once a just and friendly ruler, someone who cared about his children, but this is only discovered via supports and is never shown anywhere else. They should have shown what he was like via flashbacks or at least kept the narration at the beginning of each chapter to explain this stuff. At the very least he should have become the puppet that he was around the beginning of the story rather than being dead from the start, because as he is in the story he really doesn't have a character at all. He's just a hollow corpse for Anakos to project in and it makes him quite unremarkable on his own. FE villains really have fallen off since Awakening.

Rhajat - Just like with Asugi and Caeldori, Rhajat should not exist. Even if they have some differences from their original source and even if they are better they just should not exist as original characters. It's just rubbish pandering to Awakening that doesn't need anymore praise. The only positive I have for Rhajat so far is that her design is better than Tharja's (Diviner's design is just overall better than the dark mage) and she performed rather well in my Birthright run, having good DEF and RES and hit pretty hard with good speed (Had Orochi as mother).

Ophelia - Haven't used her yet and not done her supports. Her design is no better than Nyx, although dark mage designs have overall taken a hit in respectable designs so she was doomed from the start. Personality wise she's quite cute but she's coming across as just a female Owain, which as his daughter makes sense that she'd pick up his traits at a young age but it might make her rather redundant with Owain here.

Sumeragi - Just got up to chapter 19 of Revelations so I haven't encountered him yet. I was spoiled about his appearance in advance thanks to fanart as well as [spoiler=]Mikoto

due to peeking into the art book I got in the special edition (I pretty much asked for that). I will withhold judgement until I see him in the story.

Kaden - He seems like a jolly fox. Although most of the supports I've done so far seem to focus on the ladies loving his tail. His actions in Conquest are rather questionable as they seemed rather paranoid in comparison to Keaton and his crew (although he could have been just a bit too gullible considering his attitude). His design is pretty good, an improvement over the taguel from awakening, I especially like the battle animations. He did some decent damage and could ruin a mages day but his low defense was a problem. Very much a glass cannon.

Keaton - I like his design, the classy suit combined with the aussie mullet I find quite amusing. Personality wise I wasn't expecting him to be a silly hoarder. His support convos have been hit and miss. I liked his support with Mozu (ended up pairing them in conquest) while ones like Camilla, eh. In comparison to Kaden he performed MUCH better for me and his high DEF was more useful than the high RES Kaden had. Hit hard, especially when doubling. Pretty much convinced me to keep him and his daughter Velouria in my team.

Arete - Didn't know she would pop up in Revelations. I suppose at this point considering what Azura said before the chapter I'm up to it could be expected. Can't comment on this character yet.

Also if this list is almost done and we're not looping over it for those who were late to this discussion (myself included) I will post the rest of my opinions on the characters I missed out on.

Also if this list is almost done and we're not looping over it for those who were late to this discussion (myself included) I will post the rest of my opinions on the characters I missed out on.

(I like how we're basically having opposite cards and profile pictures.)

I don't think I'll loop it over, at least not yet anyway, so if you wanna do an all opinion comment, then by all means do so! That applies to everyone who was late.

This post would probably turn into a discussion post once it ends anyway.

Anyways, two more characters left.

Today's characters are Oboro & Hana, plus a bonus character, Anna. What is your opinion on those characters?

Hana: I'll skip the character opinion since I didn't get to see much of it, except that I prefer her relationship with Sakura than Effie's relationship with Elise. I was expecting Hana to be a mini-ryoma, fragile but pretty fast and powerful, and she probably is with her having high growths in str, skl, and spd, but having small growths in health and defense, she can be a pretty good magic killer too, she has access to priestess too which gives her access to not only renewal, but miracle too, where she can combine those two in battle for her favor, that's a pretty good side class she's got. As for her personal skill, it acts like Savage Blow but a bit shittier version, not that it matters anyway since because of how much she's a glass canon, she's likely to kill her enemy in one round.

Design wise, it's good I suppose.

Oboro: I'll do the same thing with her about her character. Unit-wise, Oboro is amazing, since spear masters are suppose to be like soldiers from the Tellius games like Nephenee, and with that, it means that Oboro's growths are most likely to be well-rounded, and they're pretty good growths too, since most of them will be 50 or higher, giving her a chance to be able to defend her self, a chance of having high attack, a chance of having high speed to double, and all that good stuff. Spear Masters also have access to Basara, which has one of the best skills in the game, Rend Heaven and Quixotic, so that's a pretty great thing too, but I wouldn't recommend her staying as a Basara with that magic growth of hers. She can have access to Apocrathy, while Apocrathy is not exactly a good class, you're free to use some of it's skills like Spendshift or something, she also has access to mechanist if you want to use replicate, but I don't care much about the replicate skill. As for her personal skill, it's good I suppose, since it inflicts more damage on nohrian classes like mercenary and wyverns, and horse riders too.

I don't have much comments on her design.

Anna: I don't have her but if you're wondering what you wanna talk about her, you can talk about how she was in Fates and compare her to her awakening self, or something.

Edited by RoyLKing

Keaton and Kaden:

I love them: their gimmick is kind of enjoyable, their personality in general is really decent to me and they were also very good unit in all the paths they appeared.

Arete: Who is this woman? Azura's mother? Wait, She is actually dead? Okay.

Oh, there are new characters too:

Hana:

Hana is very similar to Effie as they are both devoted to their liege, but, unlike Effie with Elise, she doesn't seem to be too obsessed with Sakura.

As a unit, she was a lot of fun to use: sunrise katana + high speed means that she will avoid a lot and her high strength allows her to one round many enemy.

Oboro:

Good character with many supports that are quite enjoyable and she is also a decent unit as well thanks to being a spear fighter, which allows her to be decent in all the parameters.

Anna:

She isn't changed that much from Awakening, tough I liked her supports with F!Corrin.

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

Oboro

I absolutely love her! Ever since she was revealed, just based on her colour scheme and class. Now, while she is a fair bit gimmicky with her scary face, I find that she has a good variety of support conversations that develop her backstory in different ways. Her hatred of Nohr is understandable IMO, and her interaction with the Nohrians in Revelation supports is interesting. She has other supports that show what a kind person she is, and her many interests. Her role in Conquest is pretty memorable thanks to Takumi being so important in the plot, and while it's easy to avoid fighting Hinata both at the pier and at the wall, Oboro is most likely going to get in your way.

As a unit, she's just as amazing. She can tank like crazy, she has great all around stats, her natural skill set is pretty good.

Hana

In a game where Ryoma exists, there's no reason to use another Swordmaster unless you really like the character, and for me Hinata takes that spot so Hana is never used. From what I've seen of her personality, she's a little annoying, but I do like how devoted she is to training and protecting Sakura. Both her design and personality remind me a lot of Mia from PoR.

Anna

I don't have her and I won't as long as I have to pay for her. Very scummy of IS to charge for a character. At least it's a totally unimportant bonus character, but still. I don't know if she's changed much from Awakening, where I hated what they did to her personality. She went from a quirky shopkeeper/tutorial girl to a really pushy gold digger.

Oboro

Almost always finds her way into my army, be it on BR or Rev. Great design, great voice, fairly well written and useable in combat. That's all I need.

Hana

While I'll always remember her as "The one I wanted to marry before I read her C Support", she's pretty good. I haven't used her since my first Birthright run, but her design is still one of my favorites in the game.

Anna

I don't have her DLC yet, but she seems okay. I love using Magic focused Adventurer's (I.E. Elise/Nyx/Felicia!Nina), so I'm sure I'll like her fine.

Edited by Avalanche

Hana: Cute until you read her supports. Not Ryoma.

Oboro: I like her overal a balance character, would like her more without the Nhorhate gimmic as she's a pretty decent character if you ignore her "tragic" backstory and would like her much much more if she would stop screaming Takumi's name in bed. As a unit she's one of the few that makes the BRCQ hack playable on lunatic because armor without armor flags that doubles things.

Anna: I am not paying real life money to breed with you.

Hana: Cute and originally the Hoshido girl Corrin would marry, but C support with him makes her a nope in romance department. At least her friendship with Sakura is better than Corrin and Silas'.

Oboro: Best Girl 2k16. Excellent supports and a great unit, especially with a speed pair-up.

Anna: Funny, but never really used her.

Oboro

One of Fates' absolutely strongest characters. She's got an interest in fashion but it's never turned into a gimmick, she's into Takumi but it's not omnipresent in her supports unlike how it was for Cordelia, she's got a backstory that might be a bit cliché but I'm glad it at least affects her, unlike how it is for Felicia, and she's overall a very enjoyable and interesting character. It also helps that she's got a cute design and is a stellar unit, and I'm glad she's popular enough to beat the main characters in a popularity poll, because she's far better written than all of them besides arguably Takumi and Leo.

Kazahana

Did she just get mad at someone for getting kidnapped as a baby? What kind of messed up logic is that?

She's also an incredibly one-sided character whose traits can pretty much be summed up in a few words: training, devotion and tomboy. That's...pretty much her in a nutshell, and as far as I know, she doesn't really deviate from that very simple mold. I guess she's got more depth than Selkie, but that doesn't take much.

Anna

I mean, if there ever was a character that should be behind a paywall, it's her.

Kaden: Adorable and great supports! His only bad support is with Peri, and it's more of Peri's fault.

Keaton: Not as adorable as Kaden, but I like him.

Arete: Not much of a opinion really.

Oboro: Great character, and great design.

Now the character I really want to talk about:

Hana: I actually don't like her much. She comes off as judgemental and her frindship with Sakura seems unhealthy. Unhealthy for Sakura that is.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it seems that Hana is partially to blame for Sakura's shy nature. She is way overprotective. When I compared Sakura's friendships with Elise and Hana, I noticed that Elise wants to Sakura to get out of her shell and be more brave and sociable, Hana on the other hand would much rather keep Sakura in her shell and keep her sheltered from everything and everyone and keep the number of people that Sakura interact as low as possible. Which is why I said that her friendship with Sakura is unhealthy.

Am I reading to much into this?

Edited by Water Mage

Hana - I like her, but her extreme frailness makes me a little bit sad. I find the supports with the avatar really bad, but it's okay really.

Oboro - Love her. Can't say I dislike anything about her. I like shipping her with Benny.

Anna - Hate this girl

Hana

She is one of my favorite characters, design-wise and as a unit. Sure, she is fragile, but she kills everything you throw her at. Characterwise she is a bit onesided though, with her obsession with training and protecting Sakura. But she has some entertaining supports, like the ones with Azama, Subaki, Hinata, Setsuna and Kaden. And Her and Takumi's supports are also vrey sweet, their S-Support is one of my favorites. Also she is cannonicaly able to cut a treetrunk in half, how awesome is that

Oboro

Also one of my favorite units. In Birthright, she is a tank when almost noone else has a usable defense-stat, and she joins early enough in Revelations to make her fully usable. Also Lancers and their promotions are just very well designed. Like others have said, she is extremely versitile, and has no real gimmick. I've read several of her supports and they are never about the same topic.

Anna

I have not gotten her DLC, and I honestly don't care for it that much. I like her design, and the fact that you have to pay for her is a nice meta-joke.

Hana:

Definitely not a fan. Hana's just to much of a jerk for me. I believe Hana describes herself as ''I don't mince words'' at one point and my big problem with her is that she is a bad example of such a type of character. ''Not mincing words'' and being a jerk don't have to mean the same thing but Hana never got that memo. When she's being a jerk there is very little constructive or helpful about it so she's just all negative.

As a unit Hana is outclassed by Ryoma to a hilarious degree and should I want another Samurai then that spot would easily go to the infinitely more enjoyable and friendly Hinata.

Oboro:

Definitely one of the strongest characters of the game. Oboro has some things to make her stand out but none of those things ever consume her character. She's into fashion but doesn't bring it up all the time, she's really into Takumi but their platonic relationship is already so good that they are a very strong fit together and even if you don't pair the two they still got lots of chemistry with each other. Oboro, Takumi and Hinata really come off as a team made up of the best of palls.

Its also nice to see that Oboro is pretty rational about her Norhian hate. I wouldn't have thought she would be pretty willing to work together with Norhians if it was required.

As a unit she's also really good so when examining Oboro's personality, supports and abilities of a unit no real negative emerges to hinder her many strong points.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Hana

I don't much care for her supports but I love her design. I did get a laugh out of her support with Azama though. A pretty hard hitter with a cute voice, can cut a tree in half. Keep her away from Corrin and Silas though.

Oboro

aka mai waifu The girl I married my MCorrin to (very selfish I know.) I really like Oboro. At first I thought she was going to grate on my nerves due to her obsession with Takumi and voice. However, she ended up being one of my favorites with a cool class, balanced stats, and lovely supports. The only support I can find fault with is her one with Hinata because it gives me bad flashbacks to Frederick x Cordelia. Overall a 10/10 character, would suggest to everyone.

Anna

Where's Jake, lass?

Hana

• I don't use you as a unit but feel like I should
  • wanna ship you with Sakura

Oboro

• like your personality
  • yes I paired you with Takumi
  • nice hair

Anna

• fav girl
  • I wanna marry you as Female Corrin
  • you still love money more than me, that's ok
  • you're a pretty good unit to have
  • thanks for destroying my enemies
Edited by ♯Jin

Hana: You are not as fun as Hinata, nor as good as Ryoma. Benched.

Oboro: I can't really add anything to what most people have said here. She's a pretty good a character and an amazing unit from the get go, you can't really get any better than that. 10/10 in my book.

Anna: I like the "concept" of the paywall behind her, but not the application. Her support with the avatar annoy me anyways.

Gotta appreciate the Oboro love up in here

Oboro

Gee, what a shit character; 0/10, not enough fashion. Jk Ah, my favorite female character in the game, and possibly even my favorite Fates character in the game, competing for the spot with the likes of Takumi and Leo, among a few select others. I just want to go back to when her parents were killed, hug her, and tell her everything will be alright. She has a few quirks, but they aren't inflated to the point where she seems like some cartoon character. She's got the Batman story going on, but it doesn't turn her into an anti-hero. She wants justice for her parents, but she doesn't go so far that she'll let it destroy her.

She's the only character in the game where I cared enough to avoid killing her in Conquest (you know, besides the ones you can't avoid killing), which you have to put a lot of effort into (seriously, I had several chums unequip their weapons and surround her while Corn and some other person attacked Edgekumi). She's kind, yet reasonably racist. And even then, she's realistic in her attitude towards Nohrians because when she has to work with them, she puts in an effort to get over her hatred instead of being an annoying jerk about it, even going as far as to approach Niles, who everyone knows likes to sound off raunchy things at women. Every trial she meets, she seems to ultimately succeed with.

And her hobby is obviously tied to her parents, but it isn't an all encompassing thing. Sure, tailoring is a thing she likes to do a lot (so much so that at least a couple of her supports revolve around that), but she also enjoys running shops, organizing items, and simply tidying up late at night, all of which also tie into her backstory. I also like her philosophy behind giving people makeover, in that it's about reflecting one's natural beauty instead of trying to cover up their ugliness. Seriously, I think if she existed in the real world, she would start a fashion revolution, since a lot of today's fashion is pure "aesthetic" garbage that exists for the sole purpose of robbing Kanye West and the Kardashians rich suckers who actually want to buy it from a shitty catalog instead of simply replicating it. She knows what fashion is all about, and she knows what works and what doesn't.

The only negative thing I can say about her is mentioning this odd-ball line in her S support with Silas: "I look forward to seeing just how good a Nohrian can be!" I guess they had to sneak a few suggestive lines straight from a porno, probably under the radar, huh? What a strange thing to say, though, given that she had to already be friends with a Nohrian in order to get this support. Also, it's a tinge racist. What if I said "Let's see how good a Mexican can be" before I had sex with a Mexican woman? See how that might seem kind of racist?

Love her to bits. She's a total monster in combat, too. She's been on this crit streak, lately. And yes, I did have Corn marry her at some point; don't you criticize me!

Hana Montana

I thought she was alright. A bit wonky that she got mad at Corn for getting kidnapped, but, unfortunately, that's par for the course in anime garbage, and her supports in general with Corn are just... stupid. She's kind of like Silas and Effie; she has a subject to worship, and she's an overachiever in that endeavor. That's also par for the course in anime. She just isn't quite as gimmicky as some other characters, so... yeah...

Anna

The RNJesus we all know and love. You know, how appropriate is it that she's locked behind a paywall? I mean, kind of stupid, but I feel like there's fourth wall joke in it. I would've like her to appear more in the main game; I'm fine with some units being made available only through DLC (as long as said DLC is made post-production), but she as a whole only exists in the Outrealm gate and in DLC. I liked her having her little Secret Shops scattered throughout the various chapters, and her sisters occasionally appearing on the map was okay, too. Hell, even her showing up in New Mystery when you decided to make a new avatar was nice, too.

In short, I want more Anna.

Where's Jake, lass?

And him, too. Why can't he show up as a ballistacian again? Why am I cursed to have to make him as an Avatar?

Hana is frickin' adorable! I really like her loyalty as it feels genuine, similarly to Effie, and her insistence on getting strong is actually justified by her Corrin support, even if people don't like the support itself. For the record, I'm fine with the support. Hana is a hotheaded person who can begin hold grudges really easily, even if the reason is a bit dumb.

As a unit, Hana is amazing! ...If this was any other Fire Emblem game. Dodge-tanking just cannot be done consistently in Fates. She still has an amazing Damage output and access to both Miracle and Renewal to boost survivability, but early-midgame she doesn't have the stats or skills to dodge-tank effectively. I still love using her though, as her damage output can still make her great the full way through, and can easily wield Steel Katanas early on without much loss.

Oboro is so gonna be my waifu!

Extremely bad and obscure references aside, Oboro is easily my favorite of the Hoshidan characters. She has a great backstory, motives and is an amazing unit to boot! From the moment I read her Japanese support waaaay back when they first got put online, I was ready to marry this adorable tailor. For the record I ship Azura with Takumi more than I ship Oboro with Takumi. Get triggered.

Anna is probably going to remain one of my favorite characters in the series forever. From her 4th wall breaking as a DLC Merchant, to tough as nails Apotheosis Anna, to Fates' Anna-who-might-not-want-to-be-Anna, I love every version of her. For the record, she was actually the first S-Support I did in Awakening, which was my entry into the series. I didn't even know she was a reoccurring character back then, as I was new to the series. I just loved her critical quotes and overall personality! Don't get me wrong though, I'll still love the adorable money-loving Merchant whether I can marry her or not! Jake's probably better for her anyways.

Wow, we only talked about characters I like today. What are the odds?

Hana: Hana is okay. I love her supports with some people, other supports I just don't like. I like her as a unit, but seriously she is such a fragile glass cannon. She has both the best and worst of swordmaster qualities - str, spd and skl, but awful hp and def. I like Hinata more than her though.

Oboro: I really like her. She is an amazing unit, plus her default class is great, and most of her supports are awesome.

Anna: I don't really like using Anna, but I like her, since she is literally in every game... and multiple Annas in one game.

I missed a whole bunch so I'll probably end up missing some.

Beruka

Essentially the female Fire Emblem version of Sai from Naruto. Her backstory isn't the mot elaborate but I do think she has one of the better ones considering how little time is spent building the characters' pasts. I quite like her design and her VA but, as a unit, I have trouble making room for her on my teams. There are times where the only thing that levels is her skill and pisses me off when trying to grind her up. Anyways, some of my favorite supports of hers is Selena, Saizou, Kaze and Silas.

Caeldori

Not much to say about Caeldori. I wasn't really a fan of Cordelia. On a side note, I did enjoy her support with Ignatius; I think it did well in developing them both.

Sakura

She's okay.

Percy

I like Percy for several reasons: 1.) his design is adorable 2.) his father is the based Arthur, Pursuer of Justice 3.) he's a wyvern rider 4.) he's a cutie-poo.

Rinkah

She's okay. I like her support with Hinata but, outside of that, I don't have much of an opinion on her.

Ignatius

I like him for the same reasons as his father: design and personality. I do like his support with Caeldori, so much so that I ship them together.

Garon

lol

On a serious note, Garon could have been a decent villain had they spent less time with the tihsllub Anankos tihs and focused on fleshing out the characters. Scrap that tihs goo angle, make it gradual evil influence distorting his personality, give him some humanity and give us a proper reason as to why the Nohrian siblings would stay by this elohssa.

Rhajat

I actually like her better than Tharja. Overall, though, I'm neutral.

Ophelia

Also, a favorite of my second gen. characters. For design, use as a unit and VA direction. Still haven't done many of her supports. I honestly thought her support with Forrest was entertaining.

Sumeragi

He should have been given a larger role. This dude's awesome design just goes to gnikcuf waste in this game.

Kaden

I'm neutral.

Keaton

I'm neutral.

Arete

Waste of a character. Again.

Also, I'm pretty sure her name is pronounced with the short "a" sound (such as in ham or cat) followed by rete, pronounced as the name "Rhett."

Hana

I don't like her. Her design is cute, though.

Oboro

I'm neutral about her. Though, I do like her support with Hinata. No, I don't ship her with Takumi. Sorry.

Anna

I never liked Anna and never understood why everyone always married her.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Arete

Also, I'm pretty sure her name is pronounced with the short "a" sound (such as in ham or cat) followed by rete, pronounced as the name "Rhett."

Since Arete's name most likely comes from the Greek term for moral virtue, it's probably supposed to be pronounced as "ahr-i-tey".

Edited by Lightchao42

(I like how we're basically having opposite cards and profile pictures.)

I don't think I'll loop it over, at least not yet anyway, so if you wanna do an all opinion comment, then by all means do so! That applies to everyone who was late.

This post would probably turn into a discussion post once it ends anyway.

You can't go wrong with the majestic herons. In that case I'll probably add the remaining characters I missed with the last 2 characters.

Hana - I'm getting the impression that not many people like her. Personally I quite like her, both design wise (probably one of my favourites) and personality wise. While she is quite agitated in Corrin's support I haven't seen her act like that in her other supports (And I've definitely seen worse supports) and she does have a somewhat legit reason for it. Considering how close she is to Sakura, seeing a close friend in pain for her would be hard to deal with, I can relate a bit to this as I've seen friends of mine having to deal with all kinds of shit caused by others and that tends to bring my blood to a boil. I suppose though in this situation it was out of Corrin's control, I guess there's just some miscommunication happening here and at the very least she does apologies for her actions in the end. Her relationship with Sakura is nice and I like her tomboyish attitude. Her performance reminded me of Mia from Path of Radiance as she's very much a glass cannon against physical enemies but also has some good RES and hits pretty damn hard. Her skill, while small is handy if she attacks a group of enemies first to help soften the others for the kill. She's one of my current MVPs in my current Revelations run. Her voice is quite cute too.

Oboro - Another solid character and another design I really like with solid voice acting. Doesn't feel too gimmicky, the crush on Takumi I was worried about at first as it looked to be another Cordelia clone but in comparison to her lusting for the chromin, it is ALOT better and is not as intrusive. Paired her with Takumi in Birthright to see how it held up and it was pretty solid, but I also like her with Hinata as they feel like they've known each other for so long and have such a strong bond that they could develop into lovers. As the equivalent of a Soldier class she performed as I had hoped she would, as an all rounder. A good balance of DEF and RES, decent attack and decent speed made her a good jack of all trades fighter, along with all the debuffing skills I could grab for her she was one of my finest on the frontline.

Anna - She's the Anna we all know and love. While I find her being locked behind a DLC barrier rather annoying considering that wasn't the case in Awakening and an example of bad practices of DLC, I do find it a tad funny that it's her that's behind it considering that she'd most definitely do that kind of thing. She is the Queen of Dosh after all. It's a shame though that she has even less supports than in Awakening (Not that that's saying much but still). Currently using her in Revelations and as an adventurer, with the shining bow she is a beast! Fragile as Elise in DEF but will destroy anyone with low RES and mages aint touching her anytime soon.

Edited by Naturesshadow