Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Orochi

She's funny, and her gimmick doesn't come across as forced most of the time. She's very slow but because her magic is so high I don't mind it too much. She's worth training if you care about capturing. Overall she's someone I wasn't expecting to like as much as I do.

Mitama

I've yet to actually recruit her but I enjoy what I've seen of her.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orochi

I usually end up using her as a mom for Grey or Ophelia. I like her hair color (lovely purple) but I'm not too big of a fan of her supports. Not that they're bad, just uninteresting to me. (Sans Saizo, Laslow, and Odin imo)

Mitama

Hits like a truck. She's grown on me since she's more mellow and we both enjoy sleeping a lot. (Plus she actually looks pretty cute with most hair colors.) I adore her support with Seigbert. I make her a Dread Fighter most of the time. Super, super strong. Especially with Effie as her mom.

#25: Hinata

Ahhh, I love Hinata so much. I love his personality, voice, and character design. He's odd as a unit but my biases allowed me to spend way too much time on him.
I dunno what more to say. I love him.

#26: Silas

I like Silas because I was drawn to the whole "childhood friend" thing that certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea. Still, I like him and his design/voice.

He's interesting as a unit and notably useful in Revelations. I hear he has issues in some of his supports but it doesn't bug me since I never encountered them myself.

#26.5: Hans (7/31/2016)

I'm surprised he's on this poll. Bye.

#27: Orochi

I like Orochi. Her personality and concept as a fortune teller is intriguing and she has humorous support conversations.

As a unit, she's really... slow? It doesn't stop me from using her. I like her for her capture gimmick too.

#28: Mitama (8/1/2016)

She's a strange unit
But I find her interesting

May her eyes shimmer

Effie

She hits like a truck. I find myself preferring her Japanese VA, though I am used to her English one. Her design is one of my favorites. Her supports are somewhat forgetful, besides hers with Azama, which serves to highlight him in a different, better light.

Jakob

I like Jakob. I'm not put off by his blunt, rude manner, though I do wish they would have toned it down and took a more snarky, humorous route instead. Love love love his design, particularly his gauntlets. His VA fits him, though I kind of wish the guy that did Balthier's voice from FFXII did his voice.

Leo

My favorite of the royal siblings. He seems to be the most well-rounded of them and has a generally consistent personality. His supports are decent but I do find his supports with most of the female cast (minus Mozu, Selena and Sakura) to be somewhat forgetful. I love his design as well, especially his headband and hairstyle for some reason.

Hayato

I married Hayato during a BR run. I thought he was pretty cute and I do think he pulled off his gimmick a bit better than Ricken. Most of his supports don't actually revolve around his gimmick and it does him a huge favor. As a unit, he isn't the best but I am a grinder so even the most useless of characters gets some level lovin' from me.

Hinata

Hina-bae is best bae. His supports are decent as well; I give him props for actually giving Hinoka, the blandest of the royal siblings, in my opinion, character development. His overall visuals are quite pleasing to the eye; after Sumeragi, he pulls off the samurai haori the best. I liked his VA and thought he was one of the characters whose voice fit spot on. I love this dude so freakin' much.

Silas

I like Silas. His design is pretty good and his VA fits him well. The RNGoddess seems to love my Silas as he always seems to get good level ups. He does get flak for a lot of his supports but I don't particularly mind them. I do wish they had toned down the childhood friend thing and given him a bit more character, however.

Hans

What's that?

Orochi

I'm mostly neutral on Orochi. I don't like some of her supports, particularly the ones where she manipulates people into doing things for her. However, when doing her support with Laslow, I absolutely love her. They just have this awesome chemistry that is only rivaled by Odin x Kagero for me. As a unit, she is slow as hell but she plays her role well.

Mitama

I love this kid. I really dig her design and, though, I haven't done many of her supports, of the ones that I have done, I do like her.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Orochi: Your personality annoyed me but I gave you a chance. And you blew it horribly with that terrible speed. Benched and forgotten.

Mitama: Maybe I'm the minority here, but I reaaaaay dislike her. Her gimmick is just annoying and randomly placed, and her personality just hits me in a bad way overall. I do not know anything about her as a unit since I didn't even bother with such an annoying char.

Orochi: She is very funny and her battle lines are amazing, She wasnt even that bad,

Mitama: My favourite child character. Her gimmick really isn't annoying in my opinion. She is a monster on the battlefield and she is hilarious

Today's characters are Charlotte and Odin/Owain, plus a bonus character, Zola.

Charlotte: Didn't use her since I didn't care for her, but she seems to have some really good critical rates when I use her in other people's arenas

Odin: I liked Odin at first, but his gimmick started to get annoying, and some of his actions are starting to get questionable, of course, I didn't play awakening as some of the people here know, so I wouldn't know about anything from his awakening persona except that his mother is Lissa and hand of the sword thinige. As a unit, he's easily replace-able

Harlot: Great supports,gold digger with a heart of uuuuh, tarnished silver? Either way she's amusing. As a unit she's actually not bad despite her aids start, she's mostly insta promoed into a paiup bot and stapled to someone but if you really really like her she has the str growth to actually pull off hero/smith to str cap>Zerker to become a reasonably useful unit.

Odin: "Man I wonder why Owain changed his name to an immortal that never misses when his bases are so low, w/e benched. Gdi this boss with vantage nos sure is annoying" -Nerds who cant take a hint 2016.

I thought I would get tired of Odin's constant screaming of attack named but I was very very wrong, his supports are overall pretty great and varied,he's grown up a lot since awakening and is just the best sort of nerddad and is an odd sort of emotional support rock for a lot of the games cast, Laslow and Selena in particular (shoutouts to Ophelia/Odin A rank). Even in child runs he manages to hold down the #3 MCU spot (This is impressive, when you're competing with Soliel and Ophelia.

Also the paragon of gender equality in fan service, those fucking abs in Bowiesque spandex, is the ab window the new boob window? Does it stare also?

Zola: "You've activated my trap card" Zola gets special shoutouts for his conquest skillset where he casually reminds the player to use fucking Odin.

Edited by joshcja

Charlotte

Absolutely couldn't get past her design ever since she was first revealed, but when I actually got to her join chapter her VA and personality won me over immediately. She's hilarious, but there's also an interesting character below the surface. She's not very good as a unit though, aside from pairing up, which sucks.

Odin

He is a total guilty pleasure character, pretty much representative of everything I dislike about modern FE characters-- extremely gimmicky, reliant on simple comedy, and now in Fates being sexy af. He just works for me though. I guess because his gimmick is essentially being a huge nerd which, let's be real, we can all probably relate to. Too bad he sucks as a unit.

Zola

Meh, the main villains are underutilized and underdeveloped in this game, so minor villains just get it even worse. I don't really think about Zola ever.

Orochi

She's a interesting character, by being a Diviner, retainer of Mikoto and her personal skill. Yes, her speed sucks, but investing one or two speedwings on her is totally worth it. I sort of wish there was a "darker" side of her? She comes off as nice in her supports but I think it would've been great if she was more like "Rhajat with social skills" sort of character.

Mitama

Despite everyone always saying she's a physical unit and giving her a spot on my team on every run, she's never remarkable. Desing wise, she's cute. The whole Haiku thing is creative but it gets way overused. Damn that personal skill!

Charlotte

She reminds me of a certain reality star from a very decadent TV show (aka, Hottie, FOL), wich is funny, but I've yet to try her as a unit. Conquest has so many interesting characters that by the time I get to her recruting chapter I just bench her.

Odin

He's my favourite of the Awakening trio. I kinda wish his personal skill was better though, because it just make Ophelia a better version of him, but since she's annoying and he's funny, I always pick him anyway. It takes some babysitting but he can become a great sorcerer or samurai.

Zola

The story's great with this character, really, but that damn desing. It's screaming "Im going to betray you" so, as a player, I was never fooled. It's too much of a cartoony kind of villain.

Charlotte: Who?

Odin: never got tired of his lines. Also easy modo for late-game Conquest that people don't use for some bizarre reason and one of the best fathers in the game, both mechanically and narratively.

Zola: boring secondary who deserved to die. kinda weird that he isn't playable in any route given some of the game's themes but shrug, not gonna say killing him wasn't the right thing to do in CQ

#29: Charlotte

I've yet to find a support conversation that strikes me as charming but it's not like I've actively been trying to find any.

As a unit, I barely use her so I really have no opinion of Charlotte.

#30: Odin/Owain

I carried him throughout my Conquest file hoping to replace him with his daughter but that never happened so he ended up being dead weight the whole time.

Still, I like his character, design, and personality. His personality really grew on me.

#30.5: Zola

I don't find him as interesting or as pitiful as some might.

Charlotte: This girl won me over. When I saw her design and "nice" personality, I thought she was going to be one of my most hated characters. But everything changed with her "other" personality, which I absolutely love. She also has some reasoning to be like she is, unlike other certain Royal... As a unit she's alright I guess. I'm biased since I love Berserkers in FE. Overall, probably my favorite female char.

Odin: He changed so much, and only for the better. His personality is still fun and he has some more character to it. I haven't seen a lot of his supports but from what I've seen, I really like him. Haven't used him enough to have a clear opinion of him as a unit

Zola: I like him more than Iago and Hans, although that's not saying a lot, but I feel like he had some potential that was wasted. I would have loved to use him as a unit.

Edited by Drarky

Damn I missed a lot of characters, oh well.

Odin: At the beginning I didn't like his gimmick but it eventually grew on me, his personal is nice for crit stacking and he's overall a pretty good unit. But his supports, MAN OH MAN, I love Odin supports! He has some of the funniest conversations in the game, maybe the entire series, that Felicia B support had me rolling in the floor. He's also the dad of Lissa 2.0, 10/10!

Charlotte: Oh boy how I adore Charlotte, love her design, love her voice, love her personality, love her supports. She has the best hair to pass to children too! Yeah as a unit herself she's a crit machine, but I had a lot of trouble in the beginning with her, but who cares when she makes Xander ORKO everything in site? The wolrd cutest statbooster and the rightful queen of Nohr!

Zola: I liked him more in CQ honestly, poor guy had a decent plan but in comes Corrin and his squad and ruins everything.

#29 Charlotte

I never liked her personality, I've read her conversations and it's for a good reason. Besides her golddigging, twofaced ness, her convos with the samesex are very down to earth, making her a little more likeable.

As a character,she's only good for pairing up, but I haven't done too many playthroughs with her

#30 Odin/Owain

I feel they he was better in awakening than in fates. I feel he doesnt have good magic grow as a dark mage. They made him a bit more theatrical (maybe over the top??), which was a bit annoying, but still entertaining.

#30.5 Zola

Weird salamander

Charlotte: Her gimmick really scratches my head sometimes, if she wants to act frail and helpless towards men to take advantage of them, why doe she decide go around wielding an axe and have a job where you fight to defend a territory and she is dressed for the part in terms of seduction? If the game was willing to move up the rating, I would of changed her backstory where she had to secretly work at a Brothel that was owned by a cruel group of men in order to raise money for her parents. She had to act flirty in order to get the attention of men not so she could get paid well but also to avoid being mistreated by her employer, she was friends with a colleague that taught her how to fight, one night her employers restricted her and the other women from leaving the Brothel which it was heavily guarded resulting in them being treated like prisoners, so Charlotte, her friend and the other women fought their way to freedom, resulting in her escape and the death of her friend along with many other women. Her flirty behavior could of have been a habit that has stuck with her when she become a guard and there will be support conversions where she manages to cope with her terrible past and habits. Aside from that, despite having a weird character gimmick I can understand why she would be a fun character to use, her personal skill is very satisfying when used correctly, especially in PVP where females are very common in that mode.

Odin: One of my favourite child units in Awakening and still a fun character in Fates. However I find him to be my least favourite of the Awakening trio, he works so much better when reclassed as a samurai and the relationship with his daughter is very cool.

Zola: Very bland, reminds me of those cheesy villains who appeared in the 1960's Batman show starring Adam West. His defeat quote is one of the better ones, I'll give him that.

Charlotte

Along with Flora and Saizou the biggest surprise for me. Like many, I expected far more fan service due to her design and bio, but she turned out to have not only depth but also charm. I can't say I'm a fan of the outfit, and it's weird how she wants to act meek yet can obviously handle herself well in a fight, but I still like her.

Odin

Hilarious, like in Awakening, but I think I preferred him as Owain. I do appreciate the humor which is balanced by the occasional serious moment since it shows that under his facade he's a swell guy.

Minus point for that awful DLC though, holy shit.

Zola

The true hero of Conquest who wants to stop the war with as few casualties as possible - the same argument Xander used to persuade Corrin to return to Nohr - and is cut down for it instead - by Xander. In Birthright he also shows more character development than most of the royal siblings.

He must also inspire far more loyalty into his followers than Corrin ever could with their magical shonen charisma, since Zola's guys are willing to fight against the entire Nohrian royal family. Truly, Zola should've been the protagonist.

Charlotte

Hey that's my name When I first saw her I was kinda pissed she'd just be a pile o' fanservice next to characters like Camilla who filled that out well enough. Has more depth than them and she's an axe user so I do like her a lot. I still really don't like her first outfit, but I don't actually mind her Berserker uniform. It's so... so fluffy...

Odin

Tolerable, but I like Owain more. Nice outfit though, dude.

Zola

I kinda felt bad killing him. I felt more then I did for the other bosses. Not that says much but at least he was relatively decent. The fact he did try and get Garon to let Corrin off (albeit after betraying her/him) was kind of sweet? Too bad Garon just crushed him.

#Odin: Never really hated him, but didn't understand the love for him either. He's okay though, and some of his supports are decent though. Not my cup of tea.

#Zola: Didn't deserve to be killed in any route sans revelations. In Conquest he gets killed for having a rather devious but good plan, and in Birthright it's just horrible.

#Charlotte: Meh. Her outfit is weird, and she kind of bores me. I liked her better when she was Rutee from Tales of Destiny.

Edited by Augestein

Charlotte:

I was really surprised by this girl, showing to have a thirsty for gold not because of greed, but because she wants to help her parents.

Plus, she can be a decent unit by having high strength and speed and she can also be an useful pair-up bot for slow unit like Xander.

Oh, and I love her berserker outfit.

Odin:

He is still fun as he was in Awakening, tough I miss his citations to the older games.

He is terrible as a dark mage tough and should be reclassed immediately to Samurai

Zola:

Eh, he didn't impress me, but I liked his plan in Conquest to end the war quickly.

Aight, here I go again with my opinions.

Web-Spinner Charlotte

Get it? Because there's a book about a spider named Charlotte? She seems to be fairly gimmicky, with the whole "two faces" thing going for her. But her supports with Xander and some others make me like her. And she has a genuine reason for her facade, not just because she's a gold-digger who only cares about getting rich. And it doesn't seem like her particular gimmick is played for laughs, which is good, because the gimmicks these characters have are almost never funny.

Odin "Coldsteel" Deathman Dark

Okay, so that isn't his name. But it very well could be. I actually liked him, ever since I heard him yell "Radiant Dawn", and then immediately complain "Dammit hand, this is no time for games!" (this was in Awakening). Yes, he's probably the most gimmicky of the Awakening trio; and yes, he's fairly one-dimensional. He probably hasn't matured as much as Laslow or Selena have, but at the very least he isn't arguing with Laslow. His gimmick just doesn't ever get old for me; if there's any good example of a "joke" character, Odin is it. He still has serious moments; even his whole gimmick has a purpose to it (one that's actually kind of heart-wrenching, at that). And somehow, his gimmick doesn't make the serious moments jarring.

I can perfectly understand why he was voted as one of the most popular Awakening kids. He's really charming, and is still one of my favorites.

Zola

I'm not mad because he imprisoned all of Team Takumi in Revelation. Some people seem to like him, but I forget about him pretty quickly. If there was someway to put more focus on him, he could probably be a very interesting villain. He's not quite like the dumb chums Hans and Iago, and he isn't a villain just to be evil. All he wants is to put a quick end to the war, but in every instance that he tries this, he gets murdered. I think in the real world, I would have a level of respect for his idealism and tactics, even if it meant that the enemy leaders would just all die like dogs in a pen. But lo and behold, even his own allies look down on this because it isn't "honorable". Typical...

Charlotte is fine as a character. Not particularly loved, but not hated. Her supports make her a bit more human as a character. As a unit, I've only used her as a mother so far so... I don't know yet.

Odin is one of the most hilarious characters in supports. While he hasn't changed too much from Awakening, he's still just as good. As a unit I have yet to really use him, as his base stats and damage output really turns me off from using him.

Zola.

Charlotte: As many have stated, she definitely was not what I was expecting. I thought she would be just another fan-service character, but her surprising depth and the fact that her gimmick is one of the few that is not played for laughs made for a genuinely interesting character. As for her outfit, well fighters have traditionally worn either very little or form fitting outfits, it shouldn't be surprising that the female fighters are the same.

Odin: At first glance, he seems like a joke character, but then you see the other side of him. The side that wonders if he will ever be able to return home, the side that fears for the safety and health of his two friends who made this journey with him, the fear that his own daughter, whom he loves dearly and who loves him just as much back, may chose not to return with him. Yet regardless, he does what he can to keep up his fantastical facade, knowing that if nothing else, distracting people by being a weirdo will keep them from dwelling on and despairing over their situation. Has he matured much since Awakening? Not on the surface, but even in Awakening, there are moments where you see just how much he is hurting, and all of this, to me, makes him all the more human.

TLDR: I like the awakening trio. Odin is no exception. Though as Thane said, they definitely lost a few points in their dlc.

Zola: "Hey guys! I was able to dupe those stupid Hoshidoan royals and capture them all! Lets execute them quickly and end this war for Nohr with minimal bloodshed!" "NO! DAT IZ DIZHONORBRUH! (stab)" I do like Zola, I wish he had more of a role. Perhaps he could have been that one token antagonist who wasn't stupid evil and was genuinely trying to end the war quickly with minimal loss of life on both sides, but alas. Conquest seems to think that Lawful Stupid is better than being pragmatic, and so they kill him plus a full battalion of loyal Nohrians simply doing their job. All because Corrin's "honor" was stained by this pragmatic way to end the war with minimal loss of life.

Charlotte - I didn't know what to expect of her when I saw her design. Then I read some of her supports. Now I like her, especially her voice. Her as a Berserker is absolutely deadly, too.

Odin - He's matured quite a bit from Awakening, as he does act like a normal person when necessary. His dark class honestly suits his persona really well and overall he's a fun guy. Too bad his stats aren't as fun...

Zola - He's... actually a fun villain. An interesting personality compared to the shitlords that are Iago and Hans, and an awesome character design to boot. I think I like his role in Birthright the best, where we see more of him in action past kidnapping people. His death in that route is the worst, though. Poor Elise...