Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Benny: He's a trope that has been done to death, but that doesn't make him a bad character. I especially love his supports with Oboro.

Arthur: He's also gimmicky, but like Benny, that also doesn't make him a bad character. His devotion won me over.

Iago: Generic Doomsday Villain #563.

Well this one was quite the commotion for one character.

Just wait until we get to Soleil and Rhajat. That's going to be a fun trainwreck.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get right into it, then. I'm really feeling it.

Well this one was quite the commotion for one character.

It's too bad. I've always been a fan of characters who have an intimate relationship with violence and torture, but that simply didn't work out for Peri. But this discussion has already been done to death.

Benny

I totally dig this dude. Sure, he's merely a gentle giant, a trope of which has definitely been done a lot, but I don't really get tired of it. He's not annoying or dumb or a big jerk; he just wants to hang with some forest critters, which is fine by mii.

Arthur (AKA Commander USA)

It's bootleg Captain America, everyone. He's kinda entertaining. Again, there isn't much in the way of emotional moments with this guy like with any gimmick character, but I like that he tries his best to simply ignore his own bad luck and be a hero for everyone. Also, I want to hear his lectures about the "subtle yet distinct" difference between justice and vengeance. I feel he'd make a great comic book character. He'd also have a better "life lessons" segment than Sonic did in "Sonic Sez". Goddammit, I want to hear Arthur lecture me about drugs, sexual consent, learning from sloths, and jumping into clothes dryers.

Iago

Guh, another lame villain. He had all the potential to be interesting, from the scheming to his name. But a Shakespearean villain, he is not. He's just a jerk (seemingly for no reason?) who has a plan A through double-Z on how to get rid of Corrin. Is this guy supposed to be a villain reminiscent of great classical European literature, or is he supposed to be Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants? Perhaps he has a million plans to steal the Rice Patty secret formula from Hoshido, as well.

Regardless, it seems that for a lot of people, some kind of cheesy villain from a childhood cartoon comes to mind. Though he isn't ever as entertaining as any of those villains. Again, the potential is there, but the execution is terrible. No background, no interesting plots... not even a half-baked plan to usurp King Garon. He's just a not-so-scary boogeyman.

Benny

Really, really adorable. The nickname brings to mind a teddy bear, which he basically is. His support with Oboro was super cute, and even if I don't marry them I love the idea of those two getting together to make charms constantly. It's really, really adorable. I, unfortunately, don't use him much due to my bias against knights.

Arthur

Steve Rogers. Nah, he's a sweet guy with more depth then I'd expect. His Azura support was actually incredibly well done. I loved it, one of my favorite ones overall. I also love the fact he has Cavalier as a heart seal class. Knight in shining armor and a hero. He's such a goofball and I can relate to being unlucky. I think I may end up marrying him in a run - I'm not normally drawn to characters like his, but for giggles I'll make a darker haired Corrin to make Percy into Bucky.

Iago

boring

nice hair color

Benny

Really, really adorable. The nickname brings to mind a teddy bear, which he basically is.

Now I want "Benny's Root Beer".

You know, because there's a brand of root beer that is named after Teddy Roosevelt, in the same way that teddy bears are...

Just wait until we get to Soleil and Rhajat. That's going to be a fun trainwreck.

Oh god, those'll make trainwrecks look like a mere trip. Imagine if we got them both on the same day.

Now I want "Benny's Root Beer".

You know, because there's a brand of root beer that is named after Teddy Roosevelt, in the same way that teddy bears are...

i'm sorry, i read this and now all i can think is benny retiring to make teddy bears after the war is over

Benny: He's the husband and I'm glad I have homebrew so I can marry his pure adorableness as a guy.

Arthur: I surprisingly like him, husband number 3! He ended up having more of a personality than I expected first going in.

Iago: Saturday Cartoon Villain.

Peri: At first, when I was looking into her character and personality, I didnt like it too much. I actually like Peri, her background story gives alot of insight to why shes like how she is. She's also very cute! As a unit, not the best cav tho.

Midori: She's very cute. However as a unit, difficult to train and not the best. Very slow unlike her papa

Benny: Gentle giant! I love him, he's too adorable. I chose him over Effie because he's gets more defense than her, and I'm a sucker for defense. Slow, but an iron wall (Datekou reference). I wish his convos with the Avatar were a little more indepth sweet vs "im scared of him", though one of the faces he makes is pretty scary.

Arthur : Mr. America! How I envision Americans to be like...JUSTICE! He's looks put me off at first, but his conversations I've gotten from him were very cute! Sadly, I only used him to get his cute kid.

Iago: He reminds me of some other villain, cant think of a name.

Benny

I really like Benny. Again, he regurgitates his gimmick but I'm not annoyed with it. My favorite S-rank of his is with Oboro; the thought of this huge giant of a man trembling like a leaf because he is scared of rejection literally makes me tear up at how cute the image is. As a unit, he works well for me. I play a generally like units that can take many hits and Benny is perfect; bonus points for having unusually high resistance for a knight-based class.

Arthur

I love Arthur. He actually has one of the best looking Live2D models, in my opinion. People tend to rag on him because he spouts about justice, even though he is aligned with the "evil" kingdom. Kcuf all that noise. I like him for similar reasons as to why I like Odin; he is boisterous and very optimistic. The fact he looks at life as a "glass half full" just makes me love him all the more. His supports with Niles (and Azura) are my favorites. Especially with Niles. They are my OTP. I liked that Arthur was shown to have a shrewd, more attentive side during that support but, because of the homoerotic undertones, they took it out and cheapened the entire support. #ForeverSalty

Iago

smdh

pfff

Ohh a couple of really fun ones! I missed most of the other characters and am i bit too lazy to go back and do em all. (whoa sounded lewd)

Benny: I love this guy. He was one of my first husbandos. Hes so sweet and cute and aaaaa Benneh! As a unit, Benneh has a lot of drawbacks. His speed is like, nonexistent. And Effie is likely higher level by the time he shows up, but he is a really big wall. I personally like him enough to use him if my Effies ended up lagging behind. Or ill just make him thwomp while shes GK or vice versa. But he is my Ben-Ben and i lurves hims.

Arthur: This guy right here. One of the best voices in the game. I find him so funny and amazing as a character, im a bit sad that i can never make him work as a unit. Hes just so great but....my Charlottes always end up better. Wheeeeh. Hes not bad as a Hero though (and its just so fitting and Captain America i love it), but still...not the best. I like that he isnt total crap as a unit, so if i really want to use him, i can.

Iago: Maaaaan.

tumblr_n5fohn1SPH1qf454qo1_100.png

Like, really mate? This guy's design is the tits. His voice is cool too. Hes just exuding all sorts of juicy villain promise. Only to be total lamesauce. Wut. He doesnt even seem to have any real motivation to be so evil other than doing Garon's bidding. I was really hoping he was playing Garon for a chump as a ploy to rid Nohr of Corn and the other royals so he can plant ass on the throne. But NOOOOOOO.

:|

Benny: He plays into another trope and can be pretty gimmicky, but it's hard not to like the guy. He's genuinely a very sweet guy and I just want to give him a big hug whenever I read one of his supports. As a unit, he suffers from the typical issues of a knight (ex. low move), which makes putting him on my team a bit hard to do since he tends to fall behind, but at least to his credit he does his job well as a tank.

Arthur: Yeah he plays into a trope, yeah he repeats the bad luck and justice shtick, and yeah it's kind of hypocritical that he's all about justice while being a part of a nation that's a bunch of war-mongering sadists, but I still love him. He's a very enjoyable character to me because he's such a fun character, I like how he's trying to be a hero to everyone, I like that despite his bad luck, he shrugs it off and keeps doing what he wants to do, and above all, I like how much fun the dub and voice actor have in their portrayal of the character. He's an all around nice character, and even if I'll admit he lacks the depth of others around him or from other games, that doesn't deter me from liking him nonetheless.

Iago: And again, another Saturday morning cartoon villain to criticize, I really wonder what happened with these guys. He could've been a very interesting character as at his heart, he's supposed to be another Gharnef archetype, a manipulator that works behind the scenes for their own goals, but he is terrible at it. He doesn't have any goals for himself, so he's just another lackey of the evil king doing evil just because, his schemes are largely ineffective, and he doesn't deserve either names of the Shakespearean characters that he draws from since he has nothing of theirs that made them memorable to even modern day audiences. He's just another lame villain that goes 'muhahaha!' at the end of each chapter, and unlike other villains who do evil for the hell of it, he doesn't have the charm to keep himself afloat.

Edited by Medeus

Benny - So he got shafted by his A+ support options, but I'll be damned if he doesn't warm my heart. I feel sorry for him, because he's a total softie underneath that armor! As a unit, I went Great Knight, and didn't regret it.

Arthur - Don't really care about any crits he might receive, because there's nothing alive after he's done with them. His personality's okay, though his S-support with Corrin was hilarious.

Iago - Lots of potential that falls flat on its face. At least Zola tried to be different.

This one might cause a bit of a commotion

So today's character are Hisame and Camilla. Plus, I decided to make Izana a bonus character since there isn't much to say about Izana that has been said about corrinsexuals, and the fact I could get another character to talk about more than Izana.

Hisame: Never used him, only get two C supports out of them, one with shigure which was nice, one with the avatar, and one with the parents. He makes pickle sound like something god-send. Unit-wise..... I used Ryoma. His prologue can be a pain though if played toward endgame.

Camilla: I don't really have an opinion on her, but I did hate her at first seeing her in birthright and her design, though after seeing her support with Beruka and Selena, I kinda got softer on her a bit so my opinion might change, though that lap conversation with the avatar was really not needed. Unit-wise, she makes a good bench warmer with that big ass.

Izana: Izana is pretty fucking hilarious. That's all you need to know.

Hisame: Sponge Emblem

Camilia: Harr with tits, murder by death. Would be a much better character if she was still wearing the hilarious MGS armor she apparently gave to beruka. Past that I really don't have any issues with her personality, just her fucking armor.

Izana: Remember when he died in revelations so you could get takumi? That was a shitty trade. Izana is pretty hilarious, too bad he has like, 4 supports total.

Hisame - Pickles. That's all I remember.

Camilla - I find her personality to be pretty interesting, albeit a little too yandere-ish at times. Her doting on Corrin can be funny at times, and yet her backstory (along with her siblings') is pretty tragic. Plus, her stats are incredible.

Izana - Love him. Love him to death. He's just a ball of fun and his communication with Naga is incredible. Plus his voiced lines? They're so good, oh my god. There's a reason why I married him as my own Corrin, ahaha

Izana - Love him. Love him to death. He's just a ball of fun and his communication with Naga is incredible. Plus his voiced lines? They're so good, oh my god. There's a reason why I married him as my own Corrin, ahaha

[spoiler=Revelation]YOU! You're the reason why we can't have Izana in Revelation!

Ahem. . .

Hisame - He looks awful with green hair. Aesthetics aside, his support with Sophie is really sweet. He has a lot of potential, whether it be Full Seal Hisame, some gimmick build relying on his personal skill and Replicate, or an attempt at a crit build.

Camilla - Haven't really used her much, and boy did I dislike her convo with Silas! Dark Mage is an interesting reclass choice, as it turns her into a flying unit that doesn't care about bows. Sometimes, she'll be awesome in the story, but she's usually overshadowed by everyone else (and I think that's intentional on her part).

Izana - Never used him, but the sense I get is that the flamboyance is just a cover. . .

I'm sad I missed some of the previous characters.

Hisame: Provides a nice contrast to some of the goofier characters. I empathise a lot with certain aspects of his character. He has several great supports and I love his dynamic with Shigure, Kiragi and Mitama especially. Outside of his supports with Corrin, there's really not much of a focus on pickles. It's really unfortunate that he's saddled with the worst S-support in the game; there are dozens of terrible S-supports in Fates, but nothing's quite as cringe-worthy as the Corrin/Hisame S-support. Overall, one of my favourite characters, and not a bad unit, either.

Camilla: Not a huge fan; she's overly smothering and makes me feel rather second-hand-uncomfortable. That said, she has more depth and is better written than I had originally hoped. Support-wise she's all over the place; some I really like, and others, like her whole support chain with Takumi, I get actual anxiety from just through reading. Playing the game with my daughter and viewing her through a young kid's eyes has made me like her a lot more; my daughter only sees Camilla's caring and compassion.

Izana: Decent comedic relief. I actually laughed at the role he plays in Revelations. His supports with Corrin are amusing and his supports with Kana are actually seriously cute.

Hisame

The pickles thing was completely overblown; he was never super interesting to begin with, quirk or not. He's alright and not too gimmicky, but he's one of the many characters in the game that just fades from my mind and forms a nameless blob together with many others.

Izana

Some funny lines but like every single story death in the game, his felt forced and was only used to guilt trip Takumi into joining you while making it seem as if though the golden ending wasn't so golden after all (psst, it didn't work, it's still the golden ending)

Camilla

Ooh boy, where do I begin with this one. I'll start by just copying what I wrote on another thread:

"Camilla is pure fan service pandering, and the game treats her as such. That doesn't stop people from discussing her hidden depths with a zeal, however it often falls flat since there seems to be an unusual amount of headcanons about her.

Here's my take on Camilla: she's got no potential because she wasn't meant to be more than eye candy and fan service. Her role in the main story is tiny, her supports are pretty bad, she's the worst offender of the player worshipping disease that plagues this game, and the characters don't act normally around her. Her entire character is an insult to basic human interaction in fiction; people wouldn't be okay with someone like Camilla around, and the Nohrian family, especially Corrin, wouldn't put up with her trying to bone them all the time. She's a suffocating, mentally unstable person who's projecting her own problems onto others or downright threatens or coerces others to get what she wants, yet she's treated as a good person and character both by the game and the fans, and I can't understand that."

You know you have problems writing a character when every conversation she's in seems forced an unnatural, and that the people talking to her are reacting in ways no sane person would. Throughout her supports, all of the things she does or says accumulates, and in my opinion the bad things far outweigh the postives; even if she does or says something that on its own wouldn't be too offensive, the fact remains that if you combine all of the shitty behavior in her supports, she comes across as a very horrid person. She forces Suzukaze to join her little tea parties against his will, she threatens Severa, constantly makes Corrin uncomfortable and infantilizes Takumi. I'm sure she does more, but those are the things that stick out.

People tend to compare her to Tharja, but while I'm not a fan of Tharja either, it's just not a fair comparison. Tharja, while she maintains a creepy facade, it's implied she does so because she's horrible at social interaction, and she often does good in her supports, like making Virion help people, trying to find Nowi's parents and regretting not being able to help innocents in Vaike's A-support. Tharja comes across as someone with a cold exterior and a warm center, much like Leo, while Camilla is the exact opposite.

Oh, and of course, fuck her for hitting on Hinoka after a fight (and Hinoka for reacting like a typical anime school girl while her home is being destroyed) when they've just killed her soldiers and are surrounded by corpses. It's one of the most disgusting scenes in the game.

Edited by Thane

Hisame - He looks awful with green hair.

But... you let him live his dream of having pickle-green hair!!!

Hisame

Surprisingly chill once you get past his pickle obsession (which isn't even too bad.) It's a shame a lot of people ignore him simply for that, he's a pretty sweet guy. His support with Ophelia is adorable and he seems to at least try and get along with some of the "weirder" girls which gives points in my book.

Camilla

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about her anymore. She's useful as Hell and I can tolerate her, but some of the things she does grinds my gears. I feel kind of like an awful person and you can shame me all you want for liking it I don't mind anymore but I usually pair her with Takumi a lot. Her support with Niles was cool though. I feel like they at least attempted to have a character who has depth beneath the fanservice, but they didn't really succeed. I think she would have been better off if she were the only older sister in the game period, then she wouldn't have to be forced to parallel with Hinoka in anything. Lovely hair color though. Please Camilla wear some pants, love yourself. Undead wyvern doesn't sound comfortable.

Izana

Corrinsexual with a nice voice. rip memebro you died too soon for me to get a feel for your character.

Oh, and of course, fuck her for hitting on Hinoka after a fight (and Hinoka for reacting like a typical anime school girl while her home is being destroyed) when they've just killed her soldiers and are surrounded by corpses. It's one of the most disgusting scenes in the game.

Oh yeah, that scene was absolutely horrible, I just wanted to skip the scene straight because of how cringe-worthy the thing was.

i'm sorry, i read this and now all i can think is benny retiring to make teddy bears after the war is over

That's the best kind of image to have in your head.

Alright, here I go again on my own...

Hisame

I've hardly actually seen his supports. All I know is the pickle thing (which seems out of place) and that he's otherwise a fairly standard dude. He's got that beef with his dad thing going for him, which, as I suggested earlier, is more realistic than the children actually loving their parents to bits. Aside from that, there isn't much to say. From what I hear, even if I dove deep into his supports, there still wouldn't be much to say.

Camilla

I'm not particularly sure that the huge fandom for her is for any reason other tits. Now, I think she's an alright character - certainly better than a number of gimmick characters out there, and better than I expected - but she isn't the absolute best Fates has to offer. It's just natural that she'd be above a lot of the other characters since she's a royal, and thus will get more attention than them. I just wish half the royals weren't mostly stuffed into the background of the story simply because they don't have special weapons. You get more focus on the female royals when you're fighting them rather than when you're fighting with them. Not that it'd turn out better characters than Leo and Takumi, but it would be nice if the forgotten royals had more of a role than just a soldier in the army with a little bit more political power than the rest.

I totally forgot about that scene with Camilla and Hinoka. Definitely one of the more fucked up examples of "anime" moments out there, for sure. And I just know that there is or will be a hack where Camilla and Hinoka can S support, and that actually really disgusts me now. Everything about Hinoka's reactions in that scene is totally wrong. Her mannerisms in Conquest are expanded upon in fan-made conversation videos and whatnot, but... well, they're fan-made content. Talking strictly about the original creation, it's just atrociously done. She should've been ready to gut Camilla or something; hell, it might've made the story a lot more interesting if she actually did do that. And Camilla hitting on Hinoka only does more to convince me that she's a polyamorous psychopath (emphasis on the "psychopath" part), and thus would probably not make for the best romantic partner. This all, in turn, convinces me that a lot of Fates fans are sexually confused, though I suppose that'd make sense since the game's target audience is teenagers.

Izana

He died so that pineapple head and his band of fashionistas could join our ranks. RIP in piss, sweet angle. Alright, so that joke is about all I have to say that isn't just a rehash of the whole "Corrinsexual" thing. I loved how after you save him from Zola, he's pretty much exactly like Zola's imitation of him. I mean, totally inappropriate and unrealistic, but hey, I guess that's the game they're playing, here. I guess being a peace-loving, neutral nation would lead to some seemingly unusual attitudes.

Hisame: Like his father, he's a nice guy and his personal skill is awesome. I can understand how he get's embarrassed with Hinata's behaviour and I've yet to see what he's written in his diary in his mother supports. It's a shame that no matter what default class you promoted him to you won't get great results. Like Kiragi, I find him to be a fitting brother for Shigure. Also, what's with the obsession with pickles? Is he the anti Chris Chan or something?

Camilla: Oh boy, here we go. She's interesting, she's reliable in bother Conquest and Revelations, An early prepromote done right, A monster when she becomes a Wyvern Lord, General and Berserker, but my god is she creepy. OK, I'll admit, when I saw her in the trailers I was like "I'm picking Conquest because I wanna marry her", but there was this side of me that wanted to wait until I hear some of her dialogue and thank god I did. Niles is a creep, but his backstory can establish this well, it's played for laughs, not for cringe and he even admits he has a problem with saying things wrong.

The fact that Camilla act's very incestuous toward Corrin (who is suppose to be you, the player) makes my skin crawl. The best way to describe the dark side of her is in the words of Misato Katsuragi's english VA: "You cleaned his tonsils with your tongue, that's not a very motherly thing to do". Tharja was obsessed with Robin, but the fact that Robin and Tharja were not raised as siblings makes it play out well and make it seem like the "girl with the high school crush" scenario. Plus, the fact that Robin had amnesia and he and Tharja were brought up Plegia can raise headcannons as to whether or not they were childhood friends or something and Tharja is trying to help him remember. I love her supports with Ryoma as he tries to talk sense into her about Corrin's independence, for laughs I married her with Benny in CQ, because I'm a sucker for the Beauty and the Beast trope and all I can say is that Camilla is one of the best mothers in the game, because of how balanced her stat mods are.

I would say my favourite moments are her performance in Chapter 13 in BR, here fitting arriving in the awesomeness that is Chapter 10 CQ and her smack talk to Takumi in the earlier chapters. Design wise, it's OK despite being very fan servicy, but if she wasn't Corrin's step sister, she may have been a better character and the fan service would be more acceptable instead of being fetish material. But hey, she's a top tier unit in CQ that's for sure.

Izana: I want to be friends with this guy, very funny, he's literally The Emperor's New Groove in an FE game. I actually believe in the headcannon that he faked his death in Revelations just so he can guilt trip Takumi into helping Corrin. Love his default portrait. Unit wise, meh, good rally bot but his personal skill sucks.

Hisame

Seems boring.

Camilla

Ok, so the usual complaints against her are:

1. She's just fanservice

2. She's too obsessed with Kamui

3. She bullies or threatens others too much

I admit that before I got the game I had dismissed her as being obvious waifu bait. Thankfully she's almost indispensable in Conquest so I didn't really have a choice but to start using her. And while I still think she's too fanservicey for my liking, I soon began getting supports which do add some depth to her character beyond "obsessed with Kamui". Her support with Niles is obviously the standout, but her sibling supports also show her caring nature in a better light. Maybe it's just because everyone loves Kamui so much that I unconsciously tune that part of her and others' character out, but during the game I did end up seeing her as loving and yes a bit too obsessed with all her siblings and her retainers.

Which brings me to point 3 above. Being a main character, she gets a fair amount of screen time and in Birthright especially she's shown to be clearly mentally unstable. It's not so much headcanon IMO as making the connection between this and her backstory, where her obsession with people she cares about stems from her growing up and playing a part in the concubine wars, as well as the fact that she feels the need to threaten people she cares or act violently when confronted with the possibility of them leaving her. It may come across as obsession with Kamui, but that's because he's the main character and the one of her siblings who has left her side. Notice that after her first boss appearance she's quick to switch to Kamui's side, but when Leo shows up she changes her mind and stays with him instead. Then when Elise is "taken" by the Hoshidans, she comes out to "rescue" her and Kamui. It's not much, but these scenes also show that she cares about all her siblings, not just Kamui, and the fact that she stays with Leo instead of going with Kamui shows it's not necessarily him that she cares most about.

Also, shoutout for her actions in Revelation where she fucking calls out Xander like a boss.

Tl;dr she's obvious fanservice but she's actually interesting and a godly unit

Izana

Not a fan of his humour. Or his story role. Why is he letting armies march through his supposedly neutral territory on their way to war? And why does he face no repercussions for it? Especially when he leaves his country to join the fight?

He's a fine emergency staff user, that's about it.

Edited by Book Bro

You just had to bring another controversial character up, OP.... Anyways, on with the opinions for both today and people I missed!

Benny: Alright, I guess. I thought the 4koma comic with him as a bear cavalryman was hilarious and I wish that was in the game. Unfortunately, for me, by the time he joins in Conquest, Effie outstrips him stat wise. Sorry Benny, maybe next playthrough I will give you a chance.

Arthur: JUSTICE REIGNS! Moving on, his character is very gimmicky yes, but he has some hilarious lines and you can tell that his VA is having an absolute blast voicing him. I just wish he was a better unit. I have never been fond of fighters to begin with, and giving me one who's personal makes it more likely for him to get hit by his opponent is a definite turn off.

Iago: generic villain number 265 sub-type asshole number 23. Nothing much else to say. He garnished more annoyance from me than dislike. What a waste of such a good namesake (Shakespeare's Iago).

Hisame: Never actually unlocked him. I honestly could not be arsed to grind out supports for characters I ended up benching (sorry Hinata, you just fell behind, no hard feelings!). From what I know of him though, he sounds as generic and boring as the majority of the child units.

Izana: Character wise, he is pretty entertaining in my book. He strikes that odd balance between being a flighty lunatic and being a serious ruler/prophet for his kingdom (or is it duchy? He is an "archduke", though why the Japan-expy is using European ranks without being anywhere near the meji restoration is beyond me) and it was humorous to see that Zola's mask was closer to reality than any of the other characters (and me the first time) expected. Shame he is a corrinsexual and has a sub-par personal.

Camilla: Where to begin? Unit wise, Camilla, for me at least, strikes me as the most balanced and versatile of the Royals. Need someone to smack some heads? She's there with a big axe. A hostile only has a bit of health left and has poor resistance? Quick thunder to the face and we are good. Need a good, balanced mother for a child character? Camilla has that covered. As for her as a character? The long answer involves a lot of spittle, reading between the lines, headcanons being mistaken for actual canon, and more vodka than my liver is currently capable of processing currently. The short answer is that I think they could have done her a lot worse, but it could have been a hell of a lot better. Part of Camilla's problem is that the most interesting tidbit about her past that likely had a major role in shaping who she is (waifu wars and her role in them) is buried behind only a few supports and even then is not really expanded upon. I feel like they could have made her work. But instead they turned the pseudo-incest up to eleven and dressed her up in fetish armor (I'm still not done ranting about unit design!). At the end of the day, I still like her. I know I probably shouldn't, but, all well, such is life.

Gods damn it all, thanks for reminding me of that scene. Thanks for reminding me that Fates (or at least Conquest) had the possibility of being a really good war drama, but instead we got waifu/husbando anime. (walks away grumbling angrily while reaching for hip flask)

Hisame

I actually thought he looked okay with the darker green hair color, though. He is one of the more bland characters but I do appreciate that he doesn't have this one defining characteristic that blots out the rest of his character. Because he is the offspring of my favorite bachelor, he holds a special place in my heart. His design is pleasant, as is his voice acting. His supports are generally well-rounded from the few that I did and I do think he is one of the more underappreciated characters.

Camilla

I like Camilla. That's all I'm gonna say.

EDIT: Though I wish she had leather pants instead. Not the greatest for wyvern riding but better than battle panties.

Izana

I married him during my very first run of BR. I thought he was humorous and said some things that were worth a chuckle. I absolutely love his ethereal design and bonus points for being voiced by Liam O'Brien. As a unit, he worked well but, again, that could be because I always grind up every character available to me. I thought his role in the story could have been a bit better and I am somewhat confused as to why he would join Nohr in CQ and why he had to die in IK. I do have to say that I thought his generic conversation with Kana fit the best and was the cutest. "Kana-kabana", "Kana-bean" and "Squishbubble" are some of the most adorable pet names I have ever heard.

Edited by SaiSymbolic