Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

Azura

Who thought it was a good idea to turn the poster girl of the game into an emotionless husk of an exposition bot in the main story whose mere existence is only there to solve things when the writers have written themselves into a corner, explain something, and excuse the existence of the three paths? Rena's voice is incredible, and her Japanese voice actress does a great job as well, but that doesn't save Azura from bad writing.

Azura suffers a lot not only because of the stale, uninteresting and downright shoddy writing, but also because she's not allowed to be her own character. She's supposed to mirror Corrin, having similar yet opposite backgrounds, yet how much does she actually connect to the royal siblings in the main story? The game itself seems to forget she's even there until something needs explaining. There's also the issue that she knows everything worth knowing about the conflict, meaning that she won't react to things or grow as a character, but rather remain static; how interesting is it to hear a character just go "yeah, I knew that" all the time? Azura is a tool, not a character, and she's used as such in the narrative.

Also, that poorly explained, illogical, ridiculous fucking plot curse really hurt her.

Mozume

I really think the game has a bit too much cuteness - and I say that as someone who's a sucker for that stuff - but she's actually got a character to back it up. Nice supports, and as far as I know she's not too gimmicky. I would've wanted more supports to focus on things other than her being a farmer, but hey.

Yukimura

He exists, certainly.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azura: Love her. She gets screwed over in the plot, but who doesn't? She has a fantastic design, good voice acting, lovely singing, refresher utility, fantastic supports and a great character, which more than makes up for it. Her loneliness and social anxiety issues are honestly something a lot of people can relate to, and she's one of the least gimmicky and most rounded characters in the game. Her relationship with her sisters and especially Corrin are too cute. 10/10.

Mozu: Another really good character. I don't find her very deep, but she is likeable, and sometimes you don't need deep. Survivor's guilt is a guilty pleasure of mine, and she's well-rounded. Design-wise I like the roses in her hair, but other than that it doesn't stand out. Her voice acting is fairly good (though I've heard her crit so many times I actually hate those lines now, haha) and she kills as a unit. 8/10.

Yukimura: I honestly couldn't have less of an opinion on him if I tried. Little personality, little story presence, and I don't recall ever using him in combat. What a waste of Paul Eiding. 0/10.

Edited by Abvora

Azura

I'm neutral about Azura. She has some decent supports (Arthur, Sakura) but, overall, I find she was a character misused.

Mozu

Oh, my sweet, sweet KILLager. Mozu benefits from having a cute design, a decent-to-good VA performance (even though she just sounds like Nanako) and a myriad of good supports. Of her supports, hers with Laslow, Saizou, Ryoma, Leo and Xander are my favorites and, as I plan for who to pair her with, all of them are dueling to the death for the hand of KILLager. Because I am a person that grinds, I can attest to how OP Mozu can become and, honestly, she isn't that difficult to train up—even on her recruitment map, it is quite simple to get her a few levels. I have to say, I think Mozu may be the best Archer in the game—if not for his Fujin Yumi, Takumi would be behind Mozu.

Yukimura

Another character suffering from being a Corrinsexual. I actually liked his albeit minor role in the narrative. That is, being the strategist of Hoshido. I like his design and thought his VA was spot on; I haven't gotten to use him as a unit yet because I still have not finished BR. I think it is brought up somewhere that Yukimura was in love with Mikoto and I thought it would have been interesting to explore the reasons as to why in a support with either Orochi, Kagero or Reina. You know, the supports he DOESN'T have.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Waahhhh!

Kaze: Im really fond of him. Hes the Hot Green Tea Tiddy Ninja and around for all the routes. He actually does well in Swordmaster class tree, so i dont usually keep him in Ninja where he stays super squishy without much output. In BR, i dont like the actual reason in why you need the A support to keep him, cuz it doesnt make sense. But i like the fact one route has you doing something to keep him around.

Azama:

tumblr_o3p031gRd61tberpco1_540.gif

Get off my lawn.

Gunter: Awesome McCoolDude sadly doesnt exist in BR, has no supports in Rev, and doesnt grow much at all. RIP. Sucks too, cuz hes a cool concept and a neato voice. Sorry, foxy grandpa, but you's be foxing it up on the BENCH.

Azura: Dancer/10 would use every run. Her character needs more dimension though and the story not to manhandle her so....brusquely. Its unfortunate. Everywhere else, i like her just fine. I do have a weird quibble though. Something about her anatomical structure and her animations make her look super noodly and its weird to me. Maybe its the fact shes so thin but her hair is so huge. I dunno.

Mozu: *yawns* Shes not terrible in any real way, shes just BLAND. If you do runs where you dont buy Aptitude for your dudes, Mozu will likely stand out a lot. (and so will her kid with Aptitude) If you Aptitude your guys, pffft. Im not fond of the Merchant class tree too much, and in BR/Rev, Takumi will always be the better archer. Mozu's finest moments are in Conquest, where she can archer before anyone else and have a real use. Shes a little bit of a pain to get going though. As a character, omg shes as drab as she looks. Sweet girl, but man....so boring.

Yukimura : I wish his stats didnt smell like they did, cuz i dig this guy's design. His stats reek and i just...maaan. Props to him giving Corn the finger in Rev tho.

Kaze: My favourite character in Fates. A great speed demon, almost invincible with Jakob's Tray, his supports usually turn out good, even his supports with Peri and Effie are pretty decent and a must have in your Conquest team. I do admit him siding with Nohr in Conquest was forced, I get that they probably wanted to make sure the consumer gets to use the new ninja class in all routes, but they could have made him join Nohr at a better time. How about he joins in Chapter 12 after hearing how Ryoma would rather let Elise die than give Corrin access to the medicine without violence, then Kaze argues with Ryoma and goes "You know what? You didn't care if I died in Krakenberg and are becoming an ill moral leader, screw you sire, I'm joining Nohr"! OK, that's not how it would be like word for word but you know the idea. I do find his sacrifice in BR a dick move, at least give a better warning in the chapter before.

Azama: One of the more underrated characters in Fates. I usually like the smart asshole type characters and he is no exception. It's almost as if they hired the creators of Archer to design an monk. His solo ending is awesome and becomes a monster when he's a greatmaster. I hope they are more supports that he has like Effies where he actually gets outplayed.

Gunter: Proof that an FE character doesn't need good stats to be an interesting character. Love DC Douglas has done with his character. He's better in Revelations That's all I have to say about him.

Azura: Arguably the best dancer in the series, but the most boring of the royal characters and the fact that she could of stopped the deaths of so many innocents BR and CQ by simply telling Corrin about the main cause of the war is what keeps her from being a reasonable character.

Mozu: Not a bad unit, but training her gets very boring and making her a dread fighter is very cheap IMO. I prefer Donnell more because the idea of a rootin'tootin farm boy turning into a godly hero is hilarious.

Yukimura: My least favourite of the Corrinsexuals. For Hoshido's tactician, he acts very childish when he doesn't get his way. His quote when you fight him in Chapter 6 Conquest does tug a string though.

Azura: Arguably the best dancer in the series,

You can make the argument that Olivia is a better dancer than Azura, and there there's both Reyson and Feena who are both much better than Azura

You can make the argument that Olivia is a better dancer than Azura, and there there's both Reyson and Feena who are both much better than Azura

I'm actually going to argue that Azura is better than them (unit wise). While Reyson's abilities far surpass that of Azura's, he does join you at the halfway stage of the game, thus limiting his overall contribution. Feena and Azura are actually quite similar, but Feena lacks the additional skills that Azura has, in addition to joining at (if you take prologues into account) the thirteenth chapter of the game. The only Dancers in the series that are better than Azura are the ones from FE4, in my opinion.

The fact that she joins you so early in the game (Chapter 9 at the latest) and stays there (unlike Nils/Ninian) puts her above nearly all the refresher units in the series.

Azura: I like some of her supports(the one with Keaton is perhaps my favorite since It explores tje inability of Azura to show her sentiment in a very funny way), I love her as a unit(she was so useful in CQ that I don't even dare to think how It would be to play the game without using her), however, I find her character in the story to be quite disappointing.

Mozu:

I like Mozu: her supports, in general, are well-done and her personality is that of a typical girl from the farm, but It doesn't feel too exaggerated like with Donnel from Awakening(I still like you, Donny) and she is a very good unit as well, especially as an archer(altough she doesn't surpass Takumi, in my opinion).

Also, her design is pretty cute.

Yukimura:

I like yukimura: yes, he isn't fleshed out that much as a character, but I like what the game shows nonetheless.

Except in chapter 8. I laughed a bit in that chapter seeing how he acted.

Also, I like his design and his VA: they perfectly give the idea of the calm and wise tactician he should be.

He is decent as a unit, altough he won't have a plsce in your army since he will likely a lot of units much more stronger than him

I'm actually going to argue that Azura is better than them (unit wise). While Reyson's abilities far surpass that of Azura's, he does join you at the halfway stage of the game, thus limiting his overall contribution. Feena and Azura are actually quite similar, but Feena lacks the additional skills that Azura has, in addition to joining at (if you take prologues into account) the thirteenth chapter of the game. The only Dancers in the series that are better than Azura are the ones from FE4, in my opinion.

The fact that she joins you so early in the game (Chapter 9 at the latest) and stays there (unlike Nils/Ninian) puts her above nearly all the refresher units in the series.

Let's go over the facts

1- Reyson actually joins in a good time, where the design map changes and becomes harder, so Reyson joining in such time would be good. Your main argument is join-time, yet is it REALLY needed to help win a map better as much as Reyson?

2- Feena is a much better fighter than Azura, considering the fact that she can defend herself, and be on par with fighters like Ogma, and the fact that she gets a rapier once she joins you just more proves that Feena gets a better use, she'll also take a hit without the need of a seraph robe.

Kaze:

He is a decent character. I often bench him late game because of his broken daughter. I don't dislike him overall.

Gunter:

This guy's backstory is sad,other than that I find him quite boring. The plot twist in revelations was incredibly predictable.

Azama:

All this hate for Azama is breaking my heart ;~;

He's my favourite character, I simply find him hilarious. I love everything about him, his design (dat hair tho), his philosophy, his interactions with other characters. He's the worst asshole you could ever meet, he made Sakura break her staff in frustration. That's a pretty remarkable feat. He said genuinely having fun without a single care in the world!

Azura:

I hate her. I wish she wasn't even in the game. She's a plot device,whenever an obstacle comes in Corrin's way, let her song fix it. Her class is gimmicky, her design is boring and I don't like her voice acting. But hey, at least she's a great mother.

Mozu:

She's okay I guess. Her personality is not too bad and she's a good mother.

Yukimura:

This guy is such an interesting dude. I wish there were more supports for him, I'd love to hear more about his backstory. I really like his design and voice acting.

Let's go over the facts

1- Reyson actually joins in a good time, where the design map changes and becomes harder, so Reyson joining in such time would be good. Your main argument is join-time, yet is it REALLY needed to help win a map better as much as Reyson?

2- Feena is a much better fighter than Azura, considering the fact that she can defend herself, and be on par with fighters like Ogma, and the fact that she gets a rapier once she joins you just more proves that Feena gets a better use, she'll also take a hit without the need of a seraph robe.

1. Well yes my main argument is join-time, and there are some very difficult maps early on in Conquest that Azura does play a large role in, mainly Takumi and Ryoma's chapters. And there's also the fact that PoR is a lot easier than Conquest, so no, you actually don't need Reyson that much. But I will agree with you that Birthright Azura is worse than Reyson, due to the level design.

2. This is most likely true, but I have a habit of not judging refresher units on their ability to fight, since that turn fighting can be spent letting another unit move again. Both Azura and Feena can only refresh one unit, but Azura has quite a few support skills to add to that.

Man, I still haven't played the original mystery of the emblem but in FE12 H1-H3 Feena will die in one round to every single enemy in the game. Not even kidding, every single enemy will kill her, in one round, this is the game where wyverns have 12 move, and 1-2 range.

She's still dancer/10 and see's constant use on a turn-to-turn basis but Azura really is just a straight up improvement over Feena in terms of mechanics and stats. (Feena gets way better supports/story roles though)

Because I am a person that grinds, I can attest to how OP Mozu can become and, honestly, she isn't that difficult to train up—even on her recruitment map, it is quite simple to get her a few levels.

Absolutely, and it's fun, too. You gotta make sure that she gets kills, but you can't have her tank because she's so weak and squishy. So you gotta form a compromise where you either play a constant (albeit extremely long and drawn out) bait game that relies heavily on a healer (who probably doesn't have enough staff/rod uses to fulfill this role all the way through this strategy) or double team every monster while ensuring Mozu isn't open to too many other monsters. I know that it comes naturally for someone who frequently plays strategy games (and especially those into grind tactics instead of LTC strats), but it's still fun to actually have to manage your defense instead of just tanking through everything.

Mozu: Design-wise I like the roses in her hair, but other than that it doesn't stand out.

More opinions on dat A E S T H E T I C . She's the only character I remember that had freckles in this game aside from maybe some generic commoner characters, which I kinda like because not everyone has blemish-free skin and they make her look extra adorable. She also has what I like to call the "Jimmy Legs" animation which fits her initial role of being a scared as shit villager who's ill-trained and ill-equipped for fighting. I just wish she had more unique class uniforms, though. Also, I know this character hasn't come up yet, but while I'm on the topic of class design... why isn't it that Oboro keeps the blue and orange color scheme when she promotes to a spear master? Blue's my favorite color (especially the darker tones she wears), and it looks so great on her!

Yukimura

He exists, certainly.

It almost seems like he existed just to plug another popular actor into the game, but then again, I don't know who his Japanese actor is, nor would I know if that actor is particularly famous (I think I hear that he is, but I'm not sure). Otherwise, he's just there to make sure Hoshido has a defense. He could be replaced by that one generic army general who is charged with holding down the fort while the lord is away and there wouldn't be a bit of difference in the plot.

Man, I still haven't played the original mystery of the emblem but in FE12 H1-H3 Feena will die in one round to every single enemy in the game. Not even kidding, every single enemy will kill her, in one round, this is the game where wyverns have 12 move, and 1-2 range.

She's still dancer/10 and see's constant use on a turn-to-turn basis but Azura really is just a straight up improvement over Feena in terms of mechanics and stats. (Feena gets way better supports/story roles though)

Feena averages around seven measly points in defense and only about thirty HP by the time she reaches level 30 (and since it's Mystery, her Res is obviously trash). She could probably take on a single hit, but then any others after would destroy her. Azura gets a little bit more defense and HP (and can class change to slightly raise her defense growths) and gets much better Res, but given that some enemies have an attack damage rating of 50, that isn't saying too much. Still need to baby her like any other dancer; she's just also able to pick off stray foes better and tank mages.

Though in regards to her unique abilities, she's leagues better than most other refresher units simply because with certain skills, she can give stat boosts with her singing while also refreshing their turn. And if you get her the Warp skill, she'll never risk falling behind anyone and not being able to refresh units immediately. Her speed will ensure that she'll almost seldom get doubled, too, so you could have her take a bit of heat. Can make decent bait if you need her to. Though if you use anything but a javelin or some other other weak non-doubling, non-critting weapon, don't expect her to leave any enemies for her allies to kill when she engages them in combat.

in reality Feena has a much better chance of survive than Azura due to Feena actually having better growths like speed, health, and so. (she has the same def growth as azura but better speed, luck, and health growths.), also, give her a lady sword and she'll start soloing.

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to waste my only warp on Azura when I could benefit from other people like Rhajat much more with the witch class.

I always found myself having to keep azura in the backlines due to how frail she is and how hard conquest is, either that or I have her pair up with her S support for protection, (in that case, Laslow).

Also, I'm sure that the FE4 Dancers have better use than Azura.

Reyson also has better use in Radiant Dawn too.

Edited by RoyLKing

Azura: A plot device with a lovely voice. Unit wise, she dies if the hostiles get to attack first, but she has a decent chance of winning if she goes first, though to be honest, I have never been a fan of dancers as units. I will always forever despise the fact that they decided to make her a plot device though, I mean come on! She is the poster girl for the game! Oceans of virtual ink have been spilled over Azura and her role in the game, and I really don't feel like adding to it.

Mozume: Adorable, but why use Nanako's voice? Where is my southern US hick accent? Regardless, the villager character is absolutely kick-ass given the proper investment. As Thane said, she does actually have a good character, and has some very sweet supports, her one with m!corrin standing out to me right now.

Yukimura: Yet another example on our autopsy report on "FE Fates, or how to fuck up world-building". His role as Hoshido's tactician could have been explored, or his relationship with the royals or Mikoto, but alas, we get another corrinsexual, and the blandest corrinsexual that ever corrinsexualed.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

Azura: She's there. Rena did an amazing job, but outside of some support, she's kinda boring.

Mozu: She's adorable and she has character to boot. I kinda want to do a solo run with her.

Yukimura: He's interesting, not not in a good way. One thing I noticed is that he's not visibly mad when fighting Corrin in CQ!Ch6 where he sides with the enemy, but in Rev!Ch8 he's pissed off at him when he sides with neither.

I mean... what?

#29: Charlotte

A decent fighter but I never really was a big fan of axe weilders, at least not a big fan of units that focus purely on axes. But I like her personality and supports with characters like Xander, and of course she's hot but you don't need me telling you that.

#30: Odin/Owain

Like Selena and Laslow, I've always liked Odin as well, he was perhaps my favorite child of Awakening and my favorite of the Fates Awakening Trio. His theatrical personality was infinitely hilarious for me and never really got old. One of the funniest characters in Fates. As a unit though, meh. His magic stat actually isn't that great, which I guess is a hint to reclass him to a samurai like he used to be in Awakening? But the fact that his current version is all about dark magic and he isn't that good in it is kinda disappointing.

#30.5: Zola (8/2/2016)

No comment. I mean there isn't much to say, he's certainly better than Hans because he had some semblance of personality being the cunning rat that he is, but he literally never gets development beyond that, like most of the villains in Fates.

#31: Peri

I like her supports with Niles in particular because it gives a bit of background for her, she's cool and kinda reminds me of Henry with her sadistic nature. Though she hasn't been of much use on the battlefield to me in Conquest and in Revelations she's out shined by many cavaliers especially Silas. But I like Peri for what it's worth, far from my favorite character though.

#32: Midori (8/3/2016)

Midori is adorable, I like her. Not as much as Kaze but she's a decent unit and I liked her supports with kaze and some of the other children. Not much else to say though.

#33: Benny

Benny is cool, I particularly enjoyed his support with Azura. And I have a soft spot for characters like him, good unit, good character. Not much to complain about here.

#34: Arthur

I'm not a big fan of Arthur, as I've mentioned with Charlotte I'm not a fan of axe wielders. The only thing I really like about Arthur is that he looks different than all the other characters, being locked into a full on anime art style that Awakening and Fates introduced made the faces of the characters look very similar but not the case with Arthur.

#34.5: Iago (8/4/2016)

Iago is a really lame villain like every other villain in Fates. But he may very well be the best Villain in the game which isn't saying much, he gets the most spotlight out of every one of them and I won't deny that he's very intelligent. But like with the other baddies he isn't fleshed out beyond being a dick to Corrin through and through for no good reason.

#35: Hisame

No comment, I haven't got him or read any of his supports. I like Hinata though.

#36: Camilla

It's sad to see that a great character like Camilla is shoved towards the side for being pure fanservice. And while I admit she is VERY sexualized, she's still a great character with some great supports with pretty much all of her siblings. I also like her supports with the Hoshidan royalty, all of them. She has some of my favorite supports in the game and a very strong personality, being very doting to her younger siblings but also very vicious and aggressive towards anyone who stands in her way. And in a way she's a strong maternal figure in Conquest whereas Xander is a very paternal figure. And she's of course, a beast on the battlefield through and through. The only problem I have with her is her obsession with one of the lamest characters in the whole game, Corrin. But besides that, not much else to complain.

#36.5: Izana (8/5/2016)

No comment.

#37: Nina

Almost the same as Hisame for me except I read her supports with her mother, it was cool.

#38: Dwyer (8/6/2016)

I don't care for Dwyer all that much.

#39: Kaze

The best of the Ninja trio, Kaze is a very kindhearted character, and my favorite of Corrin's retainers which also includes Silas. Kaze has superb speed and therefore is the most reliable of all the ninjas, the fact that he joins earliest in all the campaigns also makes him better for me. Kaze is so far the only character in the game who didn't have even a single support that I disliked which is a big plus for me. No wonder he's popular with the ladies. Easily in my top 5 favorite units in Fates.

#40: Azama

Azama is a funny character for me, and was actually a good fighter once I've finally given him a chance. Yes he's a dick but all of the roasting he does to the other characters I found to be entertaining oddly enough. Could be the fact that I kinda consider Azama to be a joke character, I mean just look at his appearance. Both him and Setsuna are joke characters and I'm surprised they ended up being retainers for Hinoka. Regardless I like 'em.

#40.5: Gunter (8/7/2016)

Gunter is the worst Jaigen of all Jaigens in Fire Emblem as he's actually outclassed by a lot of the characters once he joins you, he only has supports with Corrin and Jakob which is actually the biggest thing I like about him as most Corrinsexuals only have convos with Corrin. But still I find Gunter to be lame and underdeveloped and the only time where he really shined as a character is [spoiler=Major Revelations Spoilers]when he was revealed to be a vessel for Anankos in Revelations, which was very perdictable in the late game but cool.

#41: Azura

She's the ocean's gray waves isn't she? Azura is pretty, has some good supports like with Kaze but otherwise I don't think she's that interesting as a character for being one of the two characters Fates is centered on. She's a great unit because she's a dancer you get early on, always a plus for me.

#42: Mozu

I never had the patience to train Mozu so no comment. I like her support with Xander though.

42.5: Yukimura

Barely gets any spotlight, which is a shame because I thought he had potential to be one of the coolest characters in the game more experienced than most, he could've helped in world building. But as it stands, Yukimura isn't that memorable.

To be fair, I've yet to play the Tellius games, but I heard alot of good things about Reyson.

in reality Feena has a much better chance of survive than Azura due to Feena actually having better growths like speed, health, and so. (she has the same def growth as azura but better speed, luck, and health growths.), also, give her a lady sword and she'll start soloing.

And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to waste my only warp on Azura when I could benefit from other people like Rhajat much more with the witch class.

I always found myself having to keep azura in the backlines due to how frail she is and how hard conquest is, either that or I have her pair up with her S support for protection, (in that case, Laslow).

Also, I'm sure that the FE4 Dancers have better use than Azura.

Reyson also has better use in Radiant Dawn too.

To be fair, I've yet to play the Tellius games, but I heard alot of good things about Reyson.

I've gotten through a portion of Path of Radiance, and caught a small glimpse of Radiant Dawn, but never got to where I'd recruit Reyson. Hardly ever played FE4. And by no means did I mean to imply that Feena is utterly useless in combat; when I played through Mystery for the first time, she was among my endgame team, and she most certainly could hold her own. She's just so squishy that she could only take a single hit without healing throughout the duration of the game, so you need to be careful. Also, even though Azura's refresh utility is better than Feena's, there's much more of a need for a dancer in Mystery than in Fates if you intend to 100% it with the good ending, especially if you play on higher difficulties.

And I guess I'm a privileged scumbag 'cuz I didn't really think about those who didn't buy any DLC and only got the free DLC stuff, thus only gaining one Witch's Mark. I suppose some might think Azura could use Warp the most, but at the same time, Shadowgift and the growth rates/bases for the Witch class are absolutely wasteful on Azura when they could see extensive use from characters like Elise or Ophelia. I suppose it's up to the individual to decide which unit the Witch class would be best for.

I've gotten through a portion of Path of Radiance, and caught a small glimpse of Radiant Dawn, but never got to where I'd recruit Reyson. Hardly ever played FE4. And by no means did I mean to imply that Feena is utterly useless in combat; when I played through Mystery for the first time, she was among my endgame team, and she most certainly could hold her own. She's just so squishy that she could only take a single hit without healing throughout the duration of the game, so you need to be careful. Also, even though Azura's refresh utility is better than Feena's, there's much more of a need for a dancer in Mystery than in Fates if you intend to 100% it with the good ending, especially if you play on higher difficulties.

Really though, Azura is more likely to be squished than Feena with those growths without reclassing

Azura's growths:

25% HP

60% Str

25% Mag

80% Skl

80% Spd

60% Lck

15% Def

35% Res

Feena's Growth in new mystery of the emblem:

60% HP (35% higher than Azura)

60% Str (Same as Azura)

0% Mag (She won't be needing that shit)

80% Skl (Same as Azura)

90% Spd (10% higher than Azura, you're most likely to get a spd point every level and help her dodge nearly everything)

80% Lck (20% higher than Azura)

15% Def (The Exact Same as Azura)

5% Res (You won't be needing that shit in the mystery games)

....Either way, we're getting off-topic here so I'll just announce the controversial Characters of today.

Today's characters are Setsuna and Soleil, plus a bonus character, Reina.

Setsuna: No opinion, though Takumi has better growths than her (I'm never gonna forgive that 35% str growth)

Soleil: ah, the daughter of Laslow (The guy I like the most in Conquest). so unlike Laslow, who fails a lot at flirting with women, she's successful at flirting.... women? (but she's a failure at dancing). So, apparently Soleil likes cute things, puppies, babies, and women. I haven't used Soleil much except with her C support with her mother (Azura) and her father, Laslow, so I wouldn't know much, though I did hear that in japan, it was normal for women to flirt with other women until they gain enough confidence to move on with an actual relation. Unit-wise, I didn't use her since I didn't bother to use children in my birthright for an exception of two, but she would've probably been pretty good since she's the daughter of azura.

Reina: No Opinion

Edited by RoyLKing

Setsuna

She's another character that doesn't act human. Her gimmick is her entire personality and as far as I know all of her supports revolve around it in one way or another, and we see no real personality worth speaking of. Apparently her past made her lethargic, but that doesn't get expanded upon, and we're left with this void of a character.

Soleil

People like shipping her with Ophelia, because apparently sexual harassment is cute when it involves two people of the same sex. I realize people are free to like whatever they want, but is this what counts as chemistry?

There's little to say about her. She's a male Inigo without the character development he received in Fates, only she's actually successful with hitting on people and not shy. Terribly uninteresting.

Reina

No comment, boring gimmick.

Azura: I like her supports, but boy did they screw her up in the stories plot. Like everything else.

Mozume: I want to hug her and ask her what happened to her eyebrows.

Yukimura: Who?

Setsuna : Kinda really bland, don't have any opinion on her.

Soleil: I love her to bits, but damn did they just downright screw her up and I could go on a rant about it but bleh. She's my favorite kid, especially now that I have Homebrew. Also she rocks Kaeton's hair color.

Reina: I really like her that my F!Corrin married her, she's not annoying like Peri and actually has a personality aside from her enjoying killing.

Setsuna: Her favorite game is minesweeper. Still a better archer than takwhomi

Soliel: Is actually hilarious, her in game dialouge is pretty top tier and mostly portrays her as an energetic flake with a surprisingly good head on her shoulders, it's especially amusing when fighting beside Laslow or Charolette, her supports are a mixed bag but they generally end well and her father/daughter support is just fantastic (Yes even the notorious Ophelia x Soliel support has a... really sweet ending). As a unit she's the second best murder machine in fates as a master ninja.... right after blood god Ophelia. Also has some of the most amusing my room lines.

She's just really fun.

Reina: She sure is there alright. Still a better archer than takwhomi.

Edited by joshcja

Setsuna: Pretty forgettable, her victory lines are funny. But her as a retainer makes me question Hinoka's taste in employees. I've yet to see her support with Hinoka but I'll get to that another time. A very good mother for children with high skill and speed.

Soleil: I just don't see the hate with this character, OK there is a controversial support with her and male Corrin in the Japanese version and her thing for girls despite not being bisexual is weird, but aside from that she's a decent unit. Maybe I'm a bit biased because she was my daughter in my first Conquest play through and her supports with Ophelia are so funny. Recommend having Beruka as the mother as she makes her a tanky Hero and makes the supports hilariously awkward.

Reina: Never used her, but I don't hate her. No opinion.

Setsuna: One of my favorite archers in the game. Yes I would rather use her over Takumi if I could. But Takumi has the Fujin Yumi and that can make a big difference. If Takumi didn't have the Fujin Yumi, I would be using Setsuna in the end game all the time. She's cute although kinda likes to fall into traps and some of her supports are amazing. I plan on having the Avatar marry Setsuna in the future.

Soliel: Probably my 4th favorite kid in Nohr right behind Ophelia, Velouria, and Nina. Definitely a powerhouse all the time and you really can't screw her up at all.

Reina: Never really used here in her Kinshi Knight class because I reclassed her into a Basara and she was fun. Really didn't need as an Archer, so far. But that could change.