Opinions on that Fire Emblem Fates character #1 - #65 (Check first page)

RoyLKing

not really keen on hijacking this topic but uhh, things we see hoshidans do:

-haul azura off to nohr to execute her on nohrian soil, presumably under orders from yukimura (cq9)

-invade a nohrian port because "nohrians are warlike" (cq10)

-try to kidnap the rainbow sage (cq11)

-invade nohr to barricade a medical facility (cq12)

-invade nohrian territory and incite internal disputes (cq13)

-attempt to assassinate garon in a neutral country (cq14)

-immediately attempt to fight corrin when they refuse to take a side (rev6)

-commit multiple genocides in the name of peace, blame garon for somehow making them do it (br wolf, ice tribe, and lategame chapters)

-invade nohr (br mid/lategame)

Excuse me but u wot? You couldn't be more off.

1. That does happen, yes, but that was a more hard liner/extremist faction of the military or most likely it was some noble who ordered it since it's made clear in the Azura/Subaki supports that there are a few Hoshidan nobles that don't like her.

2. They didn't invade Port Dia because they're "warlike", they invaded it because they're fighting a war that Nohr started and the port is a strategic target.

3. They're trying to protect the Rainbow Sage since they accurately predicted Nohr would send forces to Notre Sagesse.

4. It's the villa of the royal family with a military garrison, not a medical facility. Also, Corrin (the enemy general) is heading over there so it makes perfect sense for Ryoma to intercept him since they're at war.

5. Cheve was rebelling regardless. Hoshido just sent some troops to back them up.

6. So? Nohr has a history of violating neutrality agreements.

7. Just like Nohr did?

8. Completely wrong. The Ice Tribe in Birthright suffers no casualties from Corrin's group since they set their Yato to non-lethal, Flora is even shocked that Corrin didn't kill anyone. The Wolves getting killed was due to a misunderstanding because of Iago fucking around (you later see Garon and him laughing about it later)

9. THEY'RE FIGHTING A WAR

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. hoshido sounds like a great place if you can be abducted and executed purely on grounds of being a foreigner. actually it really does sound a lot like north korea now....

2. did you miss the part where takumi goes "nohrians aren't like normal decent people, they like fighting. i'm going to enjoy killing them all"

3. yeah and nergal was just trying to protect nils because he thought ostia would send troops after them

4. it's deep in nohrian territory. he's putting his men at risk behind enemy lines to...try to kidnap a royal instead of protecting his homeland. there was a thread discussing this but i don't care enough to dig it up

5. cheve was nohrian territory and corrin's intent was to talk scarlet down. takumi initiates the fight by shooting during parley (seem familiar?)

6. there is a history of conflicts between the two nations. i'm not sure what part of that justifies sending assassins to the opera house and killing innocent bystanders along the way

7. the nohrian troops actually stay put until you ford the river to get to them. the hoshidans immediately charge you from turn 1 even if you're out of range.

8. dug up an lp and re-watched the ice tribe cutscene, stop making shit up. she never says that, there is no mention of what happened to the ice tribe villagers, and flora's suicide makes even less sense if they were spared. also the hoshidans literally blame garon for the blood on their own hands in that chapter because they're massive hypocrites. cq corrin at least accepts the blame for wiping out the foxes on their path.

9. so you won't mind if i use this to justify nohr's misgivings right

Guys as much as I love hearing Hoshido being compared to North Korea, could you two make a separate thread if you want to discuss this. You guys seem to have a pretty heated reason to keep going with this and this thread in specific isn't where you should argue it. Thank you very much for understanding.

Shiro

One of my favorite kids and units, in terms design, performance as a unit and voice direction. He is essentially Hinata, except with the added element of being Ryoma's son. I like to head!canon the reason he acts so similar to Hinata is because he watched him during on of the sparring tournaments (similar to the one in HinaTaku's support) and began admiring him as he grew up (in a world where children were born after the story ends). Overall, he's a Cool Cat. I actually prefer him with F!Kana because I watched this Korean movie called My Little Bride and I keep imagining them together in a similar manner.

Shiro

Wow cool, I can actually believe Shiro could be the eventual result of a guy trained under Hinata if Hinata went Master of Arms and had a cool purple and black motif like he does in samurai. As a unit, he's also pretty solid and without Ryoma's legendary sword much more solid than him any day from my perspective. He's a chill jock kind of guy who gives you the time of day and tries to have a good fun time joking around with you. If he's not my favorite second gen character then he's close but he suffers from well... being completely irrelevant due to being second gen.

Siegbert

To me Shiro looks like he could be his own man even with having similar traits, but Siegbert feels like he hits just too close for comfort to be anything other than pre-Xander due to the backstory we hear on how Xander was himself. However I can see some signs of being his own person as he's slightly snarky in some subtle ways and his efforts to be his best endear me to him because even though we don't know if he screws up, he strives for perfection (or to his ideal father) like Caeldori but is actually quite more sympathetic and likable than her. He feels actual worry and sees his faults where they are actually there and I can respect the guy for it. As a unit, I think Xander would beat him out, but being a royal kid and especially Xander makes him generally a good unit any day as well so I'd place him slightly below Shiro but he'd still be pretty high for second gen.

5. cheve was nohrian territory and corrin's intent was to talk scarlet down. takumi initiates the fight by shooting during parley (seem familiar?)

No doesn't no, see Takumi is a sniper with 300 confirmed kills and is a master of tactics and strategy, he immediately identifies that Nhor has unleashed it's ultimate weapon, so he attempts to put 2 to the chest of this monstrosity BUT IT JUST KEEPS COMING.

Edited by joshcja

Give him a Bronze Axe and remove Gamble when he gets it. Then he should be fine accuracy-wise. His Skill growth is very good, so he should start hitting things consistently after a few levels, and then you can give him Gamble again. His base Strength is high enough that even with a Bronze Axe, he does great damage.

I will try that next time, thanks!

---

I forget which number is who mmm

Kaze - I like him and he is speedy, with problems for his strenght but still very useful. And of course I can't understand his possible dead on birthright, but aside of that, I like him in general.

Azama - As a unit he is interesting, as a character he is a jerk haha, but at least he didn't want to hide it, he accept to be a jerk, so I give him points for that. The best of him shines in his supports with Effie

Gunther - I don't hate him or anything, but I will never forgive him for what he does in Revelation... Is like, Nothing against you, but if I had the choice of forgiving, I will never accept it LoL

Azura - My favorite Azura is troll!Azura, the one from the Anthologies and her supports with Sakura, it really give her a bit more of personality, how I wish we could see more of troll!Azura in the games

Mozu - Similar to Kaze, I like her, I can't see anything wrong in her, yeah, she is good.

Yukimura - I don't know a lot of him, so like any of the others characters who can support only Corrin, I would have liked to learn more of him

Setsuna - Similar to Dwyer and Mitama, I don't know what to think of her... Hehe, in my mind she sounds like the perfect mother for both of them in terms of personality. But this last time, I trained her, and she was fine, maybe I will use her in my team next time I play birthright again

Soleil - Somehow I like this girl, I know all the controversy around her, but I still find some bits of her personality that I like. For some reason I started to ship her with Forrest.

Reina - Same as a Yukimura. Her whole sadistic side is interesting LoL

Xander - Oh boy, actually... He is the sibling I like less... The story make him look really bad in the three routes and I find him a bit boring? Probably only me but I find him a bit boring, he is just less interesting than other characters to me, still he is ok. In game I call him the wall on a horse, because of good defense but not good spd.

Asugi - I like Gaius in Awakening, and marry him every time I play, but somehow I can't connect with Asugi, idk why. For the small bits I see of him, he isn't that bad.

Shiro- Little Cheese make me remember Ephraim, but Ephraim Cheese is better with girls. It looks that I screawed him in my games, since in both files he ended with a magic mom, but... eeehh, is fine, he will stay as a Basara

Siegbert- I like him more than his dad for sure, but I haven't used him as a unit (like most of the childrens). I was thinking in making him a Dread Fighter and see what he could be able to do

Edited by SniperGYS

1. hoshido sounds like a great place if you can be abducted and executed purely on grounds of being a foreigner. actually it really does sound a lot like north korea now....

2. did you miss the part where takumi goes "nohrians aren't like normal decent people, they like fighting. i'm going to enjoy killing them all"

3. yeah and nergal was just trying to protect nils because he thought ostia would send troops after them

4. it's deep in nohrian territory. he's putting his men at risk behind enemy lines to...try to kidnap a royal instead of protecting his homeland. there was a thread discussing this but i don't care enough to dig it up

6. there is a history of conflicts between the two nations. i'm not sure what part of that justifies sending assassins to the opera house and killing innocent bystanders along the way

7. the nohrian troops actually stay put until you ford the river to get to them. the hoshidans immediately charge you from turn 1 even if you're out of range.

8. dug up an lp and re-watched the ice tribe cutscene, stop making shit up. she never says that, there is no mention of what happened to the ice tribe villagers, and flora's suicide makes even less sense if they were spared. also the hoshidans literally blame garon for the blood on their own hands in that chapter because they're massive hypocrites. cq corrin at least accepts the blame for wiping out the foxes on their path.

9. so you won't mind if i use this to justify nohr's misgivings right

1. More like on the grounds of being a foreigner that has ties to the kingdom that just launched a terrorist attack that killed the Queen and a bunch of civilians. If some nobles already disliked her before that, what makes you think they won't hate her more?

2. You moron. Where does he say that he's attacking Port Dia because "Nohrian's live for the thrill of the battle."? Also, in the original version Takumi instead says: "They're planning on fighting back? Well, it's to be expected. We won't run away with our tails between our legs if that's what they want."

3. Hoshido isn't Nergal.

4. Ballsy plans requires some degree of danger. The bigger the reward, the higher the risk. Had Ryoma succeeded it would've been a massive blow to Nohr.

5. Cheve was already in rebellion mode before Corrin and co. ever set foot in Cheve.

6. Except no innocent bystanders were killed, at least not by them. Kumagera is only there for Garon. You're the one who's making shit up, not me buddy.

7. You're much closer to the Hoshidan troops. I'll chalk that one up to gameplay and story segregation.

8. >Flora: Master Kamui... you've saved everyone from the tribe, didn't you... Why?

Yeah, and you accuse me of making stuff up. Also, Birthright!Corrin does spare troops when they're able to like in chapter 17, 22, 23 and 24 just to name some examples.

9. You're literally trying to argue that Hoshido is in the wrong for Corrin's force invading Nohr because Nohr invaded them. Sorry they don't just roll over and let Garon conquer them.

I'm not going to continue this anymore for the sake of this having nothing to do with the sake of this thread.

I literally want to be Japanese

It's like people who live in NA/EU play the NA/EU versions.

Wherein Horea becomes fucking hilarious.

(No the JP version is not any more, nor is it any less canon. Do what you like, do what you like)

Edited by joshcja

It's like people who live in NA/EU play the NA/EU versions.

Wherein Horea becomes fucking hilarious.

(No the JP version is not any more, nor is it any less canon. Do what you like, do what you like)

Your response is both inappropriate and not funny. Cut that shit out now.

---

Oh, right, units of the day:

Shiro - If you can slip him Seal Resistance (Oni Savage) and Seal Magic (Dark Knight), he becomes a human shuriken. As a character, I dislike his recruitment, and don't remember much else about him.

Siegbert - His recruitment is slightly less painful than Shiro's, which isn't saying much. The only support I remember is the one with Velouria, and I wanted to slap her upside the head. He pairs REALLY WELL with her, though.

(Yay 500 comments)

Since we're almost done with the characters, I'll start picking them by myself this time, so today's characters are Kiragi and Forrest.

Kiragi: There isn't much to say about him character wise, but gameplay wise, he's my favorite child. Now people might claim the Takumi is better than Kiragi because of fujin yumi, but when there's barely any terrain in birthright, what is the point? Azura!Kiragi was pretty useful for me, since not only does he have a chance of becoming the game's best sniper, he also has access to good skills like rend heaven to help him win easily, there's just a lot of stuff to do with this guy that can make him OP.

Forrest: I only recruited him yesterday so I won't say much about him. The reaction of his father meeting his son seemed to be realistic, I wouldn't be happy with my son if he was dressing like that too myself, his chapter wasn't something special, but it has Gazak which is a berserker with 70% def growth so why the fuck wouldn't I capture, took me a while but I finally did it. His reasoning for wearing those clothes does sound pretty reasonable, but I wish he'd actually grow out of that trait, mainly because it wouldn't be fitting of a prince to have such a trait, but he's definitely more interesting than Kiragi. Gameplay-wise, didn't use him yet.

Maybe I should do a poll about which fire emblem characters I should do.

Edited by RoyLKing

Forrest: He's what, 4th in line for the throne of Nohr? Leo chooses to be a bigot because of Forrest liking drag. He also sports the most sought after accessory in My Castle.

Probably not 4th, since in Birthright, the crown was due to pass to Camilla before Leo. I'd have to imagine it'd go Xander > Siegbert > Camilla > Leo > Forrest?

Kiragi - ah, small ball of sunshine. He has some great supports with Takumi, Hisame, Shiro, Forrest and others, and he's a pretty nifty unit, too. I am occasionally a little perturbed by how upbeat he is in the face of death; I'm not entirely sure that laugh comes from a healthy place.

Forrest - has always turned out to be really useful for me, being pretty great at both killing and healing. Has one of the best (and probably most stable) personalities in the game. Good design, too. His S-rank with Corrin is perfect.

Kiragi: Lovable ball of sunshine. It's impossible to hate him. I like how he's upbeat, confident and optimistic. Also, he get bonus points for being one of the only kids who doesn't friendzone Kana with a support so sweet it gives me diabetes. He's a great unit to boot, ends up being a stronger and faster version of Takumi as long as you don't give him a terrible mom. Shame he can't use the Fujin.

Forrest: Not a big fan. I liked him better in the original version, he's much less pushy, haughty and in your face about his gimmick there. Doesn't really have much going for him besides "oh hey I like looking like a girl."

Edited by Bowbow

Forrest:

I remember a few people straight up waifuing Forrest before his full bio came out. Good times. Past that Forrest is a pretty chill guy, like most kids his supports are just saturated with his gimmic but it's tolerable. -1000 points for wearing the standard butler outfit though.

Kiragi: He's just a happy kid that does what he likes, probably the child that benefited the most from growing up in the deeprealms. To bad he's stapled to a dead man walking.

Kiragi

Never recruited him. He seems a little annoying in a "I'm too cute" way.

Forrest

Another kid I do like. Now I've never had a problem with characters like Lucius and Libra whose feminine looks were usually just brought up in a lighthearted way, but it's refreshing to see a more serious take on it with Forrest. His recruitment chapter is great, and yeah it sucks that Leo acts so terrible at first but they and Elise all get some good character development by the end of the chapter. Forrest's whole personality (what I've seen of it) is handled in a surprisingly tasteful way. He's very mature and likeable.

Alright, awesome, more young princes.

Kiragi

He's the least mature of the royal children. All he wants to do is hunt and hike. Which I guess is accurate since he looks like he might be even as young as or younger than Sakura and Elise (though on that note, the dynamic between Elise and Kiragi when she's his mother is way off kilter; it's really strange seeing Elise lecturing someone about how one needs to commit less to playing and more to studying). However, I do find him a tinge more interesting than ol' Siegbert. Very playful and resourceful, but definitely to a fault.

Forrest

I guess he's a bit controversial because of his nature as a trap and how a lot of his personality is the reason he became one. Like I've said before, I'm a fan of well done LGBTQ characters, and while he isn't transgender nor is he "curved" in his sexuality, I do actually like that he's none of those things but is still different. He shows that people who cross-dress aren't always immature, gay/queer, or "confused" about their gender identity. He's just a good lad with a passion for fashion, which is something I guess I'm a sucker for as well. And his bonding with Leo and his mother is really well done. He's genuinely very nice, though also pretty sensitive. One of my favorite characters in this game, and has a "gimmick" that's done in a tasteful manner.

Forrest - has always turned out to be really useful for me, being pretty great at both killing and healing. Has one of the best (and probably most stable) personalities in the game. Good design, too. His S-rank with Corrin is perfect.

Yes, just about everything here I agree with, though I haven't S-ranked him and Corn. Gave him, like, three self-healing skills so that he'll never need a vulnerary; he can just sit outside the enemy's attack zone or kill a dude and be charged right back up.

Probably not 4th, since in Birthright, the crown was due to pass to Camilla before Leo. I'd have to imagine it'd go Xander > Siegbert > Camilla > Leo > Forrest?

It might depend if Camilla has a kid, too. So technically, Forrest could be pushed even further down the line. Though if Camilla's kid is a Hoshidan royal... I'm not sure what that'd do. Make them in line to become an emperor?

He also sports the most sought after accessory in My Castle.

The most fashionable pink hat ever. Perhaps even to die for?

Kiragi - I blame his dad for his speed cap. As a character, he's alright. Not atrocious enough for me to remember, but not amazing enough to stand out (except for that one support with Midori, which was excellent).

Forrest - Smoothest talker in all of Nohr, and would actually do pretty well as a politician. I trust that he'll be able to design something that's both appropriate for court and has the frills he likes. Unfortunately, all I've ever been able to do for him is staffbot. . .though that one time I got both Troubadour damage reduction skills on him was amusing.

Kiragi

A big ball of sunshine. Kiragi's a sweet kid... not much to say on him. I really like him, but he's pretty simple. His support with FKana is pretty damn cute though.

Forrest

I love this kid. He's super kind, has good fashion sense, and overall seems pretty chill. I don't get why Leo would be so ashamed of him, I'd be incredibly proud to have such a grown up lad as my kid. I adore his hair when Sakura is his mom. It's so pretty and so... so... Forrest. (Nyx looks lovely too.)

Yes, just about everything here I agree with, though I haven't S-ranked him and Corn.

The most fashionable pink hat ever. Perhaps even to die for?

I wouldn't have S-ranked him if I wasn't trying to unlock S-rank in the game, but it's surprisingly good, and amusing!

On one of my Rev files I had an abundance of cabbages thanks to all the grinding I was doing... enough to give every single character in the game a pink beret. It made for pretty great cut-scenes.

I'd be incredibly proud to have such a grown up lad as my kid. I adore his hair when Sakura is his mom. It's so pretty and so... so... Forrest. (Nyx looks lovely too.)

Me too. He's really confident in himself (at least in the English version), and that's great.

Kiragi: Never recruited him, but given how the royal children tend to be cut from a higher quality stone than the other kids, and given how I hear good things about him, he sounds like yet another decent character crippled by his nature as a child unit.

Forrest: A very well handled character who was not what I was expecting. I was expecting another Lucius/Libra. What I got was a smooth talking fashonista who was more than capable of incinerating anyone who crossed him. Like many have said, his quirk is very well handled in his supports and his paralouge actually forces some character development from Leo, so that's always nice. Overall, he is very much like his dad; one of the better characters in the game. Now if only he wasn't a child unit....

Shiro:

Probably my least favorite of the second gen royals but that has more to do with the competition. Shiro is pretty great and probably the only kid where the whole deeprealm stuff kind of works. He wasn't raised as a royal and didn't know Ryoma was king so of course he's a very casual prince. He has a relation with his dad isn't all sunshine and rainbows which is kind of interesting. He's also a cool big bro to the younger kids, especially Kana.

Something did go wrong with his hair though. If its not brown then Shiro's hairstyle look kind of bad.

Siegbert:

Some people call him a bit bland and boring but I consider Siegbert to be more in the style of old Fire emblem Characters. He has a clear personality with lots going for it but doesn't spend all his screentime screaming it from the rooftops. And that's a good thing in my book.

I really like Siegbert. He's successfully depicted as very awkward but because it all comes from a good place, wanting to do good to his family and people he comes off as a thoughtful guy.

In most of his support Siegbert comes off as a very nice guy and its kind of sweet how he tries to protect Forrest.

Like Shiro Siegbert has a problem with his hair. If its not blond then it looks terrible and I think that out of all the kids Siegbert has this problem the most. I wonder if its a sign of their late inclusion that the hair colors are very hit and miss.

Kiragi:

Before recruiting him I always thought Kiragi looked a lot like male Morgan and that's a very good thing. At times Kiragi is a bit of a psychopathic kid so that sets him apart from Morgan well enough.

I like him. Kiragi's a very nice guy and its funny how expressive he is all the time. I often smile a bit when he goes ''WOOOOO!'' during crits.

Forrest:

Forrest was done very tastefully and I can respect that. His gimmick is treated with more respect then one would expect which removes one of the greatest fears I had for Forrest character.

Its interesting that despite his looks there remains some masculinity in Forrest. He acts pretty agressie when Leo is ashamed of him and to the bandits he reacts more frustrated than helpless(in the western version at least). In heirs of fates its actually Forrest who acts as the leader of his little group.

I think it makes Forrest one of the better kids in the game. He deserved to be a more worthy addition to his game and the series.

Kiragi:

Love him, so cool and cheerful, there's little to dislike about him.

He's such good son to his dad as well.

Forrest:

Great character, and his gimmick is done in a suprisingly respectful way. It's really interesting to see his interactions with other characters.

I really like Forrest in Heirs of Fates. It shows that he is definitively Leo's kid.

You can see that Forrest inherited Leo's pragmatic nature and that Forrest is a great leader.

Seriously, like eclipse said, Forrest has the potential to be a great politician.

Kiragi: "WAR IS HECK!". For some reason I love that line... but anyways, Kiragi. I really enjoy this guy, he's so optimistic and happy, always looking on the bright side of things with his smile. He reminds me a lot of a friend I have irl, so extra points for that. As a unit, he was pretty good, since I don't like using his father even if he's amazing, Kiragi was a nice option even if he wasn't as amazing because no Fujin Yumi, but it worked out anyway.

Forrest: I thought I was going to hate him from the time I heard his gimmick, because it was REALLY easy to screw up... But they didn't, and I'm so glad for that. Forrest certainly feels like an actual character that has a passion for it's style, and it's something completely understandable. His relationship with Leo is also nice, since they get closer in a pretty nice manner and in the end, Leo understands how things are and it's super cute. I used him as a staff bot however, so I can't say a lot of him as a unit. (He worked in the staff department tho)

Untz untz untz

Kiragi: Who? Oh right, that little squirt of Takumi's. Yeah hes pretty forgettable as a character. As a unit, i actually am not sure. I never bothered with him much.

Forrest: LITERAL ANGEL FROM UPON HIGH I WILL PROTECT UNTIL MY DYING DAY I LOVE YOU FORREST SWEET CREATURE! As a unit, hes pretty great. I like having Charlotte as his mum so hes blond AND can both magic things in the fact and smack things in the face melee style. And be nothing but fabulous while doing it.

Shiro:

I like how he is a prince that simply didn't know to be a prince, before going to his dad's world: It's a part of him I really and It allowed him to be the fantastic character he is now.

Siegbert:

Siegbert can be considered to be Shiro's opposite: he acts in a very formal manner; focuses only into becoming the perfect king for Nohr and he also has an inferiority complex towards his father as he considers him to be the non plus ultra between the kings or something like that, which are things...I really like actually and there are also the reasons why Siegbert is one of my favorite children in the game.

Kiragi:

I love Kiragi with my whole heart and I would even sacrifice himself to protect this precious child.

Okay, joking aside, Kiragi is probably my favorite male child in the game: he is very cheerful and optimistic. His lines are also very funny as well.

I don't think I can talk about kiragi as a unit as he is one of those characters I favor a lot.

Forrest:

I was quite surprised to see Forrest and how he was handled as, like others, I tought he was going to be another "Im sorry, but Im a guy". My compliments to IS.

Kiragi - Certainly a cheerful little guy. The way he acts is a bit childish for my tastes (But not to the level of Kanna who was WAAAY too young to even be fighting in my opinion) but his enthusiasm is nice, I got a chuckle out of his introduction in his prologue. I haven't done too many supports with him yet so this is more first impressions. Unit wise I used him a bit in Birthrights as my main team was overpowered at the time so I used the kids temporary (keeping Rhajat and Mitama in the final team), At the time he was alright. Nowhere near the crit powerhouse that was Takumi.

Forrest - I have to admit that the first time I saw him I was quite surprised at the inclusion of such a character, but I suppose if they were gonna add characters that could marry the same sex for diversity, they could include other things such as this. I was happy to see how they handled his situation with Leo and it was nice to see him accept Forrest for what he is. He seems quite passionate about what he loves and I get the impression that even if he gets alot of weird looks on him he doesn't give a shit, which certainly shows alot of confidence in his self image. Never upgraded him beyond Troubadour as I didn't use him in my first Conquest run (Soleil, Nina and Velouria were the lucky ones) so I can't comment on performance.